SUIT & TIE 009: PUPRLE ROSE

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: PUPRLE ROSE

 

CHOI RESIDENCE_ EARLY IN THE MORNING, BEFORE THE LAUNCH PARTY IN A NEW CRUISE SHIP.

 

On the day the Choi would offer a new spot for shareholders as well as to launch their new cruise ship, Jeonghan was still busy with the preparation of his presentation. It was more than the duties of being in a marriage he was promised to. But what can he do now? Too late for regrets. He should do his appointed duties being the Vice President of the Choi Shipping.

 

Damn! He’s so tired, but he couldn’t stop.

 

A toast was clipped right on his y lips looking at the monitor of their bulky desktop while finalizing some of the information to be presented in the party. On the other hand, the new model dot matrix printer was busy printing and would probably go over heat because of too much work.

 

And because the printing was too loud, Seungcheol was awaken by it.

 

“What’s up in the morning? Busy?” said Seungcheol casually to his obviously busy partner with his messy appearance.

 

Looking at his husband, Jeonghan took notice on how adorable Seungcheol looks every time he wakes up. It’s making the mood light somehow and greeted “You know, I’m lucky to have been seeing you in that appearance.”

 

Walking fiddly and a little half-awake despite washing his face with cold water, he reached his partner for a morning kiss. “Morning. You ready?” placing his head on the other’s shoulder to adjust his half closed eyes.

 

“What do you think?” Jeonghan sighed in hopelessness. “I’m nervous, Cheol. How come you are so relax with this?”

 

“Takes time, sweetie.” A kiss on Jeonghan’s lips before he asked for his breakfast. “The printer is so loud I’ve awakened so early. Are there any coffee?”

 

“I did chocolate instead. Would you like that?”

 

“Hmmm. Something new?”

 

“Yeah. Bitter in the morning makes it all bitter.”

 

Seungcheol was quite shaken on that statement. It was the first time he’s heard his y partner with such a nonsense statement. “Really?” Raising his brows in frustration. Guess, all the stress got into him this time.

 

“Is there any problem with that?” raising his eyebrows too.

 

“No. Not at all.” Seungcheol sighed and grabbed his own hot choco, first time in his marriage, in the morning. Looks like he’s gone to childhood again. But not bad at all. Change is good sometimes. Sitting on the dining table, not to disturb his panicky wife, he grabbed the latest newspaper and read.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan said “Hey, Cheol?”

 

“Yes?”

 

“I want a new wardrobe.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“That’s not just an excuse to see that tailor, aren’t you?”

 

“Nope. I don’t need an excuse to visit a friend.”

 

“Then why are you asking me?”

 

“Need money.”

 

“How much?”

 

“I dunno. I want silk. I’ve been thinking of it since I saw the display Jun has in his room.”

 

“Silk? An office wear?”

 

“Why not? EunWoo wears whatever he wants.” Jeonghan defended.

 

If it was EunWoo he’s using as an excuse, Seungcheol wouldn’t hesitate at all. “If you wish. Make sure you’d make yourself more eye catching, yeah?”

 

“Shoes too. I saw the new catalogue. They have pretty shoes. I think, I’m starting to be like you.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“Did you grab a copy of the catalogue?” Seungcheol seemed interested on it. “Is it Jun’s?”

 

“Yup. With his brother, I think. It’s on my bag. Get it. I cannot walk because I might lose the number that I am printing.”

 

Jeonghan was the only one to order Seungcheol. Really. There has been a mistake that someone was really controlling him. Worst, he’s even obeying. The older man sighed and walked lazily just to get the catalogue.

 

Returning back to his seat, “Which one would you like to take here?”

 

“I put a mark on it. Actually, I’ve already decided. I ordered it already with EunWoo.”

 

“Same shoes?” exclaimed like he was insulted.

 

“Yeah. But different color.”

 

“Order another one. I don’t like you two having the same items. It’s not pleasing. Choose much expensive one.”

 

“What for? It’s not an issue.”

 

“I want all the best for you?”

 

“That’s useless if it isn’t comfortable at all.”

 

“Just make another order. Tell him make you a more beautiful and comfortable style.”

 

“Why are you so childish about this?”

 

“You are special.”

 

“Right. Why? Am I not enough? Don’t start my day with annoyance, sweetheart. You won’t like it.”

 

“You are more than I deserve. Just let me handle this.”

 

“I want that. No changing.” Said Jeonghan with absolute power. Seungcheol couldn’t do anything but to obey. Meanwhile, Vernon heard everything from the outside since he arrives on the same spot everyday and never late. Well, it was a respect for not knocking in the midst of their conversation or else, he’d be thrown by sermon too.

 

“Hey. When do you plan to go to Senator Lee JinJin’s wake? I’m sure Jihoon needs his friends.” Jeonghan changed the topic. “Should we go? I mean, we should visit.”

 

“Yeah. After the meeting. It’s okay if you don’t come. Have a rest.”

 

“No. I don’t think it’s a good idea.”

 

“If you say so.” Leaving it all to his partner because his opinion doesn’t matter anyway. Seungcheol just ended up reading the new newspaper on his spot.

.

.

.

On the other hand, since the announcement of Senator Lee Jinjin’s assassination, the Korean people were mourning for the death of who they know as a good senator.

 

Then there’s a man who came from China that very morning who was surprised upon the news. He visited Korea for business purposes but now, he had to comfort a friend who’s father had passed from a horrible tragedy. The pretty flamboyant The8 Dragon young boss, Xu Minghao, came stressed the moment he knew about the possible damage. Moreover, he had to visit a business partner and a friend to comfort.

 

First, with the Chois for new ventures. Minghao stayed in his hotel room holding a rum and a cigar on the other hand as he focused his eyes on the current news about the late senator.  “This is bad, don’t you think?” He mumbled enough for his assistant to hear and was super expectant for a response.

 

On the other hand, a man who was dressed in all black, looking so wild with his sharp eyes. The handsome assistant stood quietly by his master’s side as he replied a short sentence, opposite of how Minghao would like to hear. “Things are just bound to happen.” Said Wonwoo, Minghao’s assistant, body guard and more- just like Vernon’s position with the Choi, while crunching the ice of his soda.

 

Minghao thought he’s right but here comes his major problem with the guy “How can you say that with your stiffen expression, my friend? Have some compassion. C’mon! Smile, so ladies would come to you.”

 

“I’m not interested.”

 

Minghao sighed heavily. “You know my dear friend, you are my greatest worry. How can I have you even get laid with women if you’re acting like an old man?”

 

Wonwoo stared at him as sharp as it has ever be.

 

“I hate that gaze, Wonwoo. Could you please smile? It’s a wonderful day. I’m happy, don’t dare ruin it.” Fixing the fur ensemble on his clothing after he knew it was time to get ready to go to the Chois.

 

“I’m happy as well.” said Wonwoo and left knowing that it’s time to go. “I’ll be waiting at the car.”

 

Looking so defeated, Minghao got nothing to say but “Oh dear. He’s sick. Gravely sick.” With a shake of his head as he walked out of the room and followed the man.

.

.

.

 

YOON’S RESIDENCE_

 

Soon Young suddenly felt emptiness inside their house. When he arrived home from his duty, he sensed that things were different, but he couldn’t tell what it was.

 

“Mom, I think something’s changed here at our house. Did I miss something?” Soon Young asked as soon as he came back after a busy 48 hours of non-stop investigation of a very controversial murder case in the town right now. First, it was the Senator Lee’s murder and then, right after that, an actor was found inside his apartment, dead, with numerous gunshot in his body. It was identified that he’s been dead for about three days now. No one knows about it until the neighbors became disturbed by the smell lingering around the actor’s apartment. He has been found with drug paraphernalia and fire arms right beside him. In addition, there was another body in the scene. The body was identified as the nephew of a politician- particularly, Lee’s distant relative. And because all seemed related, it caused a huge controversy in Korea.

 

“He’s going to be away for the meantime. Stay away from the investigation now. Let’s keep ourselves quiet.” Na Young suggested.

 

“What happened?” from his mother’s answer, Soon Young had many questions in his mind.

 

“Your father has a business to take care of and we are just going to be a nuisance if we stick our noses regarding your case. Let him be.”

 

Soon Young sighed and think for a little. He thought about Seungcheol since he was the one ticking them out. He became worried that people might find out, so he decided to have a low profile for a while just like his mother advised. The young officer thought he should consult Seungcheol first to see what they could possibly do about the situation. The senator’s death was unexpected.

.

.

.

That afternoon, just before the Chois go to the cruise ship for the selling, Soon Young was just on the right time stopping by at their house while Jeonghan was still busy fixing things that they’d use for the presentation.

 

“Good afternoon~” said Soon Young with a jolly face. He presented a delicious food made by him and his mother as a props, also, to fix things with him and his brother. “I bought you some home cooked dish by mom. We thought you might want some coz it’s been a while since you two have visited the house.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised with his brother-in-law’s visit. Well, if it was to deliver a good food and to reconcile with his brother, there’s no problem about that. It’s just that, it’s abrupt. Unless he managed to give Jeonghan a heads up before his visit. But then, based on Jeonghan’s reaction Seungcheol didn’t think Jeonghan got a message.

 

“What’s up, little bro?” asked Jeonghan awkwardly. “Look. I’m sorry. We are busy right now. Let’s talk later, if that’s okay?”

 

Seeing that they’re in a hurry, Soon Young understood. “No. I’m just here to deliver these. I want to stop by to say sorry before going to my duty. I can wait.” He smiled brightly.

 

“Thank you. Soon Youngie. Please help yourself with the hot choco by the stove. I know you like it.” Smiling in relief

 

“Oh! Thanks! I miss that.” Running towards the stove excitedly but his eyes were connected to Seungcheol.

 

“Let me help you reheat it.”

 

“Thanks, hyung! I miss this.” With his cute fluffy face Jeonghan has been adoring since they were kids. He thought he never grow old.

 

“’Ya have time?” interrupted Jeonghan.

 

“Why?”

 

“Help us bring these things to the car.” Looking at some piled documents on their dining table.

 

“Sure.” But before he went for his brother, Soon Young told Seungcheol. “I’ll slow down. It’s getting hotter, hyung.” Hinting something that might probably take Seungcheol time to notice how and in what aspect. Just then, Soon Young added “Hey, have you heard the actor and the politician’s nephew on the news? Quite a hard case. Guess it’s mafia’s war. Damn. Moreover, the other guy is related to the Lee.”

 

Now that the message is clear, Seungcheol immediately advised “You better get your off there. It’s dangerous, young man.”

 

“Want me to help you get outta there?” said Seungcheol.

 

“No. I’m fine. I think, someone’s gonna take it over. We’ll be giving it to the Special Forces. Mom said the same thing to me but it sure is interesting. Anyway, I might still be involved in the case since it’s my specialty, although, I can prevent myself from getting involved deeply on it.”

 

“They sure know how to use that smart brain of yours. Don’t get trapped, Soon Young. You want assistance?” said Seungcheol.

 

“Hyung… you are like Jeonghan hyung right now. You’re still babying me. Damn! I’m already in my twenties.” He grunted with a frowning cute face.

 

Seungcheol giggled. “You should really blame that face, Soon Young.”

 

Now that Soon Young believed he got his intentions passed to Seungcheol, he hasted as he had to go to his own ‘private’ investigation as well. He wished to continue seeking intelligence regarding the issue. He couldn’t stop, but he’d try to be discreet.

.

.

.

NEW CRUISE SHIP_ AFTERNOON

 

Seeing the grand structure of the new marine vessel, everyone who’s invited was in awe. It’s the biggest ship so far. With its modern and high-tech facilities more than any ships they’ve had before.

 

Of course, the Chois were already inside before anyone does. They should be prepared because they were the host. For that, Jeonghan kept his relaxed face as if he was used to the crowd. Soon enough, he saw the Kim couple and greeted them so fine and happy.

 

“Welcome Congressman Kim Mingyu.” With a wink, Jeonghan greeted the beautiful male who was wearing a swan brooch Seungcheol had given during their wedding. “That suits you well, Eunwoo.”

 

“Thank you. It’s pretty. I bet you are the ones who pick it.”

 

“You know, I don’t have that sense of taste in those things, EunWoo. It’s Seungcheol.”

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol was looking like he want a talk to his wife about that matter believing that the right answer was supposed to be if not Yes. We both did.

 

Anyway, things has been done. It brightened the mood when Jeonghan saw Moon Jun together with another lady, hands clipped on his. Well, he wasn’t advised he’d come, but since he’s here with a pretty lady he assumed his beloved, it was sad but so be it. He has his own, so why can’t Jun. It’s about the view that matters anyway.  

 

“Hi Jun! Why didn’t you tell me?”

 

“Actually, Seungcheol personally invited me and see if I might be interested as well.”

 

“I see.” Jeonghan chuckled. “And you are with a fine and beautiful lady with you. She must be y-“

 

“I’m Moon Olivia. His sister. Thank you for the invitation. You are lovely! You must be one of the Chois.”

 

“Hi! Nice to meet you. Yes, I am Choi Jeonghan. Partner of Seungcheol. A pleasure to meet you.”

 

“Why is it that our Jun didn’t asked you to be a model for our new catalogue? You look perfect on it.” Said Olivia.

 

“Oh! I am probably not his choice.”

 

“I’ve got a new collection. I was about to ask him. But we should ask his husband first, my dear sister.” Jun said hastily in order to not offend people because his sister sure talks a lot sometimes. Especially when a champagne was cradled on her fine fingers.

 

“Alright. Very well.” Looking at Jeonghan “It’s nice to meet you. See you later.”

 

“Yes. Please enjoy the day. I should find my husband for him to meet you two. He’s the biggest fan of yours.”

 

Olivia chuckled “Really? Thank you! I’m honored to hear that. I’ve heard that he has such taste with things. Glad he liked ours.”

 

“He’s mad with it.” Jeonghan chuckled.

 

Next to them was ‘Xu Minghao’ with his men. When you say men, Men in black with almost 10 of them next to him. He was staring right at the Vice President, waiting for his turn to be greeted as a sign of courtesy and curiosity. It’s the first time they’d ever meet. Minghao was looking forward talking to the gorgeous new Vice President of the Choi Shipping. He was expecting good business with him just by looking at his gorgeous smile, unlike his right hand man, Wonwoo.

 

“Good day, Mr.-“ finally, Jeonghan’s eyes were on him.

 

“Call me, Minghao. Seungcheol must be proud of you.” Receiving the hand of Jeonghan only but to kiss and not to shake. “You look gorgeous in any angle, Vice President Choi”

 

“That’s too much for me.” Jeonghan giggled. “Please. Call me Jeonghan. Enjoy the stay. I hope I can get you, yeah?”

 

“You’ve already got me, darling.” A cool wink he left for Jeonghan to remember. “May I expect a private conversation later? I couldn’t come to your wedding last time. I must catch up on whom my brother (referring to Seungcheol as a family with their brotherhood ties) have locked his chains with, and I am sure, he is more than satisfied.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “I hope he is. See you later Minghao.”

 

Following him was his men, including his assistant Jeon Wonwoo far from the back, but Jeonghan couldn’t have the chance to meet him as Jeonghan had to entertain yet another guest. Though, Wonwoo had the chance to glance at the other right when Minghao found him and whispered. “What took you so long, lad? You miss the chance. Look at that beautiful man. He’ll be mine, yeah? That Seungcheol is sure lucky to have a wife like him. Gorgeous, don’t you think?”

 

Wonwoo gazed at Jeonghan as he gave his opinion to his master “You want him?”

 

“He’s perfect for me.”

 

“He’s married to a comrade of yours, boss. And I don’t think, he’s an easy fellow.”

 

“That’s why he’s just my type.”

 

Wonwoo smirked like the ideology of his boss was absurd. “Well, good luck, then.”

 

It has gotten into the other’s nerve easily. Not that he’s mad but he’s very annoyed on how Wonwoo would give his opinion. It’s very straight forward. No emotion. Most of all, it’s a sincere advice despite his face.

 

“Geez! He’s like my old man.”

 

Later on, a notable person tapped his shoulders so hard that it added to his annoyance as he gritted. When he faced the person, even though, he didn’t know who exactly it was yet “People are-“ Minghao stopped when he saw that it was his friend Kai Ivanov from Russia.

 

“Chill man. You’ve got your temper early this hour, ei?”

 

“That hurts! What do you think I will feel?”

 

“Oh. My bad.” The Russian chuckled.

 

“Can’t believe you are here. You usually don’t attend this kind of things.”

 

“I know. I know. But my old man asked me to come and threatened me with no inheritance.”

 

“He got you. Don’t tell me you took it seriously?”

 

“He’s serious in all his threats, bro. Besides, he’s here to find his lost favorite son.”

 

“Insulting you, huh?”

 

“That might be true but all he needed from him now is the benefit of having him married to another man-” looking at Minghao. “Like you.” And laughed.

 

“And how do you think he’s in here.”

 

“We didn’t know yet. All we know was he’s brought here in Korea.”

 

“And to whom will you make the offer? I don’t think your lost brother can make a partner if he is like you.” Minghao teased.

 

“Oh. No worries. We came from different mothers. He’s- what they say ‘the divine’ you see? You’ll enjoy him as much as my father adores him.”

 

“Me? Why do you keep sticking on me? Find another. I won’t buy the divinity of your brother. He’s still your brother. Besides, I have someone I am interested in right now.”

 

“He’s a very beautiful filaudite.” Kai admitted even though, he didn’t like his brother.

 

Minghao looking at Jeonghan and told Kai “If it’s that filaudite, I’ll sign up for it.”

 

Kai chuckled. “He might be a possible lead because he’s pretty and a filaudite. Honestly, he might be since I’m pretty disturbed with his appearance. I feel a little, uneasiness, you see. Just like how my brother make me feel when he’s still with us. He’s my rival and I hate him for that.” Looking at Jeonghan. “Though, no doubt, he’s beautiful but maybe not my type. He’s too smart looking and pretty too much of a saint, don’t you think?”

 

“Then call us ‘The Sinner and The Saint couple.’ I like him.”

 

“Fine. Enjoy your little crush on him before I get you to heaven.” Kai chuckled. His attention was directed to a man he knew from before. “See yah, bro. If we have to be brothers in the eyes of the law, I will try to endure it well. Salute to us! Gotta greet somebody, I’d pretty much like to have as a brother.”

 

“ you! Get lost!” Spurted MInghao with annoyance.

 

Kai chuckled as he raised a glass of wine.

 

Kai Ivanov had gone to Moon Jun, a famous designer known up to the borders of Russia. Ivanovs know Moon Lancelot in person. He’s a friend and he dressed their family for decades now. “How are you, Mr. Moon?”

 

Jun was surprised by the call, nevertheless, he smiled and greeted the other. “You are looking good. I’m fine.” Talked to him in Russian.

 

“Say, have you find a proper bride yet?”

 

“Not looking for one as of the moment. Got a lot on my plate.” Smiled Jun.s

 

“ would be a good relaxation. C’mon!”

 

“Partners aren’t for that, Kai.”

 

“Fine. It’s your boring philosophy. Ya like my sister? Vera.” Looking just right at the corner of the bar. The lady was of beauty with her blonde almost silver locks, tall nose, fair skin and very beautiful deep blue eyes. She was alone at the bar, but all men’s eyes were staring at her gracious yet tenacious vibe.

 

“Stop selling your family to me, will you?” He giggled.

 

Kai chuckled. “I can make a good business man!”

 

“Yeah. By selling your family to all of the richest people on earth. Would you stop that? Let’s talk about things we should normally talk.”

 

“Well, ain’t got normal things to talk about. How about belonging to our family like your father did? It’d be fun.”

 

“Rather not. I love my profession.”

 

“Yeah. Because all of the girls are looking at you in this ship. Ya like that, huh?” Kai teased with a gruesome laugh.

 

Jun sighed. “You never change Kai.”

 

“You know how I joke.”

 

“Yeah. It’s not funny.”

 

“Hey, chill. My father wants to see you, by the way. Get me one of those too.” Pointing at his gorgeous yet simple suit.

 

“Fine. Will deliver it right through your door when I visit Russia.”

 

“How’s your father? He’s not coming tonight?”

 

“He will. Probably later.”

 

“I see. Bring him with you.”

 

“Sure.” Seeing Olivia “Oh!” Kai chuckled. “How lovely this beautiful lady is.” An embrace was done.

 

“You brat! Nice to see you again. You’ve gotten taller.”

 

“I should be, Olivia. It’s pretty shameful if I don’t and your mighty Jun is real hot.”

 

“He is.” Olivia chuckled.

.

.

.

Finally, the party was to begin since all the guests were in. Jeonghan, for the first time, had appeared to most people he’s met for the first time. He’s not new in this job anyway. He’s been an expert as per Minhyuk, the one who leads him before. He was scared at first, but ones you got the perfect ride, it’s going to be cool.

 

Seungcheol was supposed to give the introduction but Jeonghan could predict that it would be boring. He’s too serious. Moreover, his face wasn’t that welcoming especially to those people who doesn’t know him yet.

 

“Good evening, ladies and gentlemen!” raising a glass of light champagne for a toast. “I know I haven’t introduced myself to most of you. I am Choi Jeonghan, the new Vice President of Choi Shipping. I’m quite fresh taking this stage with a crowd like yours, that’s why I removed my glasses-“ looking around the crowd with a smile. “Pardon me for this but, please note that I can’t see your faces. Just a small circle, yeah? So I won’t get nervous.” Then making his voice with a little whisper on it. “My husband would probably scold me later, so please, if you meet me, take me with you until he cools down.” And a wink on his behalf.

 

The crowd chuckled and raised their glasses to approve.

Seungcheol was surprised and Vernon was extremely shocked on how Jeonghan carried his first greeting. Quite informal and provocative. Not quite the Jeonghan they’ve known. Although, there was one man in the crowd who knows this about Jeonghan. It was Wang, Jackson from Wang Industrial and Automotive Corporations. He played his smirked as he moved forward to see his favorite host. He raised a glass just to be noticed. “It’s nice to see you again, Jeonghan.” He wasn’t informed that now he’s the owner of his favorite service in the sea.

 

Jeonghan recognized him with a little squint because he’s honest when he said he couldn’t see without his glasses. He’s basically blind without it. Once he recognized the man, he gave a smile as he continued his speech. “I’m a little nervous right now, being the one in front of you. But no worries, I’ve done this before. Just have to warm up a bit.” He joked with his pretty face.

 

“Try not to be too seductive, prince of the sea. You are trapping our hearts onto you.” Said the other person in the room. Probably, another investor that recognized the young Vice President of Choi Shipping.

 

“Can’t do that right now, sir. This is why I am here. To make you invest- not in me but in your future, of course. Before I proceed to the talk about OUR future, let me introduce myself completely.” Jeonghan stood up as if he’s a host. “I am Choi Jeonghan, a previous game master of Choi Shipping cruise ship. Some of you may know me from the game table, some of you may have only seen me just this moment. I’ve been from the bottom of the position, and now at the top. I know every little thing in this ship, though I may not be the designer or engineer. But this ship is specifically to cater your needs and most especially, your wants. The luxury.” Then, Jeonghan started mentioning the special features of the ship, to the benefits, and to the possibilities. His goal was clear. He obviously studied it from the tiniest feature. And finally, “Cheers to us! I’m hoping to see results my dear friends. To the GRAND DUCHESS!”

 

Everybody cheered and toast. Seungcheol went to his wife and scolded him slightly. “You try to seduce every single men and women in this room, you’ll see what you get.” He whispered naughtily while grabbing Jeonghan’s waist.

 

“Threatened?”

 

“Very.”

 

Menawhile, Vernon was coughing just to give Jeonghan the message that he was surprised. Jeonghan giggled. “Don’t worry Vernon, if not everyone, I will probably take 50 percent of this crowd to invest. I know their minds. I’m the king of this. Trust me.”

 

“But-“

 

“No buts. I know you find me cool, don’t ya?”

 

Vernon sighed and said “It’s naughty, Vice President Choi.”

 

“Then, it’s better.”

 

Meanwhile, Atty. SeokMin travelled all the way to Jeonghan just to greet him with respect and a laughter. “You are smart, Jeonghan. You got me. So… haven’t heard that you worked as staff under Choi.”

 

“Well, we need to spend time together. We’ll talk. You’ll get how many shares, Atty.?” Jeonghan teased.

 

“Fine. You got me. Will get 5. I don’t know with Jihoon. He liked everything. He likes luxury anyway.”

 

“Good. Let’s have him take out his money out of his pocket.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“You do the job. Not my forte.” SeokMin laughed.

 

“How’s Governor Lee?” asking about the young governor who was sitting right at the corner, lonely, and probably sad after he’s lost his father from a tragedy. Jeonghan thought Jihoon had no choice but to attend a business matter instead of resting and recovering.

 

“He’ll get better. That’s why he’s here. Besides, this is business. He needs to get distracted.”

 

“I see. I hope he gets better.”

 

“He will.” SeokMin winked.

 

 “And Jeonghan. Got a favor. I think you and Mr. Moon are friends. Could you please introduce me?”

 

“You can do it Atty. You’re a big boy now.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“I’m shy.” He stated like he was a child.

 

“Oh dear. Alright. Come with me.” Jeonghan get too comfortable right away with the young and handsome lawyer. Even the time when they first met.

 

“Thank you. I owe you.”

 

“Anything?” Jeonghan became interested.

 

“Ya. Why are you that interested? It’s just food.”

 

“Alright. Will remember that.” Then, he called Jun to introduce them to each other. Jeonghan made sure that SeokMin was stable and be able to converse normally before he let the big man, whom supposed to have this bravery since he has the title, turned out that he’s a cute big boy.

 

“I’ll leave you now.” Jeonghan winked.

 

On the other hand, Seungcheol was entertaining Lee Jihoon. “Hey, your partner sure knows the little things here and there. I like your concept.”

 

“Sure. It’s all on him. He’s invested too much time on this. A restless year dedicating his studies to this is worth it.”

 

“Then, you two sure met here and form a little love story, huh?”

 

“Nope. I met him through my brother.” Said Seungcheol as a lie. Half a lie. No one should know their background anyway.

 

“Never thought you’d pick a person from his status.”

 

“Why not? A clever and beautiful man would be a perfect partner.” Seungcheol smirked. “Jealous?”

 

“Not really. But Jeonghan seemed the right person, huh? Quite playful in this boring world.”

 

“I think so too.”

 

Jihoon smirked. “I wanna be a part of the biggest investors.”

 

“Pal, you are so aggressive. Give chance to the others.”

 

“No big chance to others, Cheol.” Jihoon raised a glass of wine as he walked away.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol accidentally gazed at the Xu’s favorite assistant from a far with his sharp eyes. He stood distance away from Minghao than any of his guards. Seungcheol assumed that he’s the most free and favored among all. That American-Korean looked so mysterious, quite dangerous. More dangerous than when you aggravated a calm Vernon, perhaps. Seungcheol had seen that man with Xu Minghao several times already but he doesn’t quite read him, and now that Minghao had surely took his interest over his wife, that was now talking to him, Seungcheol assumed that he’s got fancy moves that would irritate him. Nevertheless, he trusted Jeonghan. Though, the guard beside him, he’s a mystery.

 

Seungcheol went close to Jeonghan seeing how Minghao flirt with him. “I can see you are most comfortable with my gorgeous queen, Minghao.”

 

“I am fascinated, indeed. Quite envy, I admit.” Looking at Jeonghan with full of confidence “He’s lucky having you, Jeonghan.”

 

“He is.” Answered Jeonghan taking much pride of his influence to Seungcheol.

 

“That’s sweet.” Minghao smirked like he’s teasing Seungcheol over it. Meanwhile, since he had an obvious strong fashion sense, Minghao boasted himself with “Seungcheol should have put you a million worth of accessories, especially in your lovely hands. May I?” asked if he could pay him a majestic kiss to the hand.

 

“Oh, Minghao. You are such a bully. Don’t tease my Seungcheol, alright?” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“Don’t worry, I came for peace. Would like to invest. Thanks to you.” Winked Minghao

 

“Hey, bro. Sharing hobbies and business are quite normal in our brotherhood. I don’t quite remember that sharing wife is allowed. He’s mine and only mine.” Threatened Seungcheol.

 

“I can see that.” Minghao giggled. “Take care of him so I don’t have the chance to take him from you.”

 

“You are the 2nd person to tell me that.” Seungcheol stated.

 

“There’s another person?”

 

“An unsought rival.” Seungcheol was pertaining to the tailor.

 

Minghao giggled. “Jeonghan, it’s you too blame. Look at us striving to have you.”

 

Jeonghan giggled even though it was quite a tough situation, but being a team player, he would always have a plan to adjust and make things better. “Oh dear. My apologies. I think, I got myself into trouble this time.”

 

“I agree. Let’s be friends. My brother’s friend, especially his wife would be my precious friend as well. Should you allow me to send you gifts? Haven’t given you a gift for your wedding.”

 

“No need. Our friendship is very much treasured.” Answered the gorgeous person.

 

“You are too kind, Jeonghan. See you later.”

 

On the deck, a person was also into talking to him. Jackson Wang who was broken hearted with what he learned. However, he’s glad that he’s seen a good friend again. He thought they’d never meet again. “Jeonghan, how come you never told me anything about this? I was lonely discovering that you weren’t in service anymore from the last time I had vacation in one of your ships.”

 

“Sorry, Mr. Wang.” Jeonghan giggled looking at the pout on the other man’s face. “Didn’t intended to leave you behind.”

 

“You are a friend to me, and finding you out of here and nowhere to be found just weakened me.”

 

“Oh my. Thank you for the friendship, Mr. Wang. Don’t worry, we’ll be meeting again. Never say Goodbye, you see? How was your day?”

 

“Call me Jackson. Well, it got better since I met you. Never thought I’d meet a rival here.”

 

“Who? Seungcheol?”

 

“If he is my rival, I shouldn’t have gone here in the first place, lovely. That Xu Minghao. Are you acquainted?”

 

“Not quite. I just met him today.”

 

“He’s a little over confident, don’t you think?”

 

“What did he do to you?”

 

“Not only to me but my whole family. You know that we have brotherhood, right? I’ve told you too much.” Jackson sighed. “My apologies. Don’t fear.”

 

“I do not. Especially when I’ve given the chance to see a Mafia like you, Jackson. Very sweet and kind.”

 

“You silly little rabbit. It’s about family wars, but no need to get you involved. It’s such a beautiful night.  Better change into a good topic… so… How’s Director Choi?” pertaining to Minhyuk.

 

“Oh. That.” Jeonghan became saddened. “He passed away unfortunately.”

 

“What?” in his surprised. “That doesn’t sound a good one. How? If I may?”

 

“He died in an accident they say, but that’s all I know.”

 

Jackson thought it might have something to do with the Mafia if they didn’t elaborate at all. For all Jeonghan know, almost all of them inside the ship was part of some family, the others call Mafia. But there were good Mafia families, like Jackson Wang. It’s all about business, anyway.  More of a brotherhood rather than thugs.

 

“That was sad. He’s a good friend of mine. It’s a shame that I couldn’t even go to his funeral.”

 

“You couldn’t. They held it privately.”

 

“I see. Anyway, I know you have a rough day today. Good job. Hoping to see you again.” Jackson said.

 

“Thank you. You too. Good evening. Thank goodness this is all over.”

 

Jackson giggled. “If your partner doesn’t mind, I’ll send you a good herbal medicine to keep you healthy.”

 

“Oh! I am very much happy with that. Thank you. Will send you a good drink by the evening. It’s on me.”

.

.

.

During the night, when everybody was resting, Jeonghan took a little walk as usual. Seungcheol was fast asleep, so no one would look for him. Well, except when Vernon was still awake. Nevertheless, he’s only taking a walk. Again, to his favorite spot of the deck, Jeonghan rested feeling the night breeze.

 

“Oh god, it’s much better when it’s quiet and serene.” Said Jeonghan to himself.

 

Meanwhile, he didn’t know he was not the only one there. He didn’t notice that there’s a person, yet again, sitting on the bench just across the spot he stood up for a view. Jun was there, resting. He was exhausted with the crowd, their noises and the business. When he saw Jeonghan took over a good spot again, he smirked. Look at him for a while like what he did when they first met. “Things never change.” He murmured to himself.

 

On the other hand, there’s someone on the top of the deck who was watching the night. It was Minghao’s favored assistant- Jeon Wonwoo. His eyes caught the two person who met accidentally on the deck. No harm. Wonwoo stayed there for the same reason the two had. –the quietness.

 

A few moments and the breeze was getting cold. Jun sighed and stood up, even if he didn’t want yet. “It’s getting cold, Jeonghan. Why don’t you go in and rest. It’s been a long week for you.” Placing his suit on the other’s shoulder.

 

Jeonghan was surprised and remembered something sweet just like that moment.

 

“How long have you been there?”

 

“About half an hour before you got here. I never thought you’d not notice me on the bench.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. It was totally the same as of the last time. The only difference was they knew each other and no more cigarette scent. But still, the person to approach him was handsome and mysterious.

 

It must be fate playing with them.

 

“Sorry. How come you didn’t call me?”

 

“I’m lazy.” Jun chuckled.

 

“You sure does. It’s like you have to entertain fans from all over the world. Hope you don’t regret coming here.”

 

“I don’t know what to say.” Jun giggled. As well as Jeonghan.

 

“Say how would you tell that it’s been a long week for me?”

 

“Weeks, my apologies.” Looking at the younger.

 

“Why? How? Have I been looking old and ugly?”

 

“Not at all. Still fresh. I cannot imagine how you prevent wrinkles with the level of stress you are in.” he later paused and said “Oh, I guess I know why.”

 

“Why?”

 

“Rants every time you are in the fitting room would explain that. Good for you we have a sound proof fitting rooms in there, Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan giggled when he realized that every time he’s in Lancelot, he’d always tell Jun rants about different things that gave him stress. “My bad.”

 

“No worries. It makes me feel comfortable. Like I was home.”

 

“Really? Me too. Thank you for being such a caring friend.”

 

“That’s nothing. You can run to me whenever you need something.”

 

“How ‘bout cookies?”

 

Jun looked at him and sighed. “I guess the cookies is my selling point, yeah?” and chuckled.

 

“You can say 10 percent?” Said Jeonghan teasingly.

 

On the other hand, that’s quite a lot when all their product and services were all on suits and other garments and accessories. His eyes became wide open and said “I’m afraid that my cookies seemed to be the 10 percent of the factors you go there.” He became worried with a smiling face.

 

“Yeah. Well, let me break things down. So, 10 percent for the cookies. 10 percent for the tea. 30 percent for your product. 10 percent for your listening ear and being an advisor. 40 percent is being a friend to me. No offense but you can say that your shop is in good position in my opinion.” Jeonghan giggled.

 

“Never notice we have such service.”

 

“Thanks to you.”

 

“You are welcome.” Jun accepted willingly.

 

“We are friends, right?”

 

“That’s what I thought too.” Chuckled Jun.

 

“Jun?”

 

“Mn?”

 

“You are too handsome, you know?”

 

“Jeonghan.” Half scolding with a frown.

 

Jeonghan giggled. “But that’s true. Anyway, I would like to order clothes. Silk. I have been thinking of it since I saw the special dress displayed in your work room. Looks comfortable and majestic. Can you make me a similar one?”

 

“I will make not a similar but a better one.”

 

“May I know to whom it is meant to? What is your inspiration?” And what does PURPLE ROSE mean? I’ve seen it on the label”

 

“Enchantment.” Answered Jun briefly.

 

“Love at first sight, I see.”

 

Jun chuckled. “You can say that. But I guess it would never get worn by that person.”

 

“You dork! Why don’t you have the courage to do so?”

 

“Got no chance. It’s quite impossible in the first place.”

 

“Weak.” Teased Jeonghan.

 

“You really are a tease, aren’t you?” Jun was surprised that Jeonghan was that playful. Very playful.

 

Jeonghan smirked. “My apologies.” On the other hand, Jun looked not offended at all. In fact, he started laughing as well.

 

“Jeonghan, I might need your help in the next catalogue. I thought of something. And it’s inspired by you.”

 

“Model?”

 

“If it’s okay with you.”

 

“Very much honored. Will tell Seungcheol about it.”

 

“Thank you. Let me give him a word too.”

 

After some time of quietness, Jeonghan started the conversation again. He couldn’t help but to bring up a good memory to the other. “Jun… you know, you remind me of someone.”

 

“In a good or bad way?”

 

“Pure good ones.”

 

Jun smiled. “That’s a relief.”

 

“He’s handsome too, but I couldn’t quite remember his face anymore. It was so fast.” He sighed. “Should’ve looked at him much longer.” He revealed.

 

Jun maintained his smile.

 

“It is around this time of the night. Almost identical to this even as well.”

 

Jun closed his eyes and feeling the fresh air with a smile. “Yeah?”

 

“I should’ve asked his name. He’s an inspiration to me. I did what he advised me. I hope he did what I advised as well.”

 

Jun chuckled.

 

“You are laughing all the way. It’s true!”

 

“And I believe in you. I think we should go to sleep. It’s getting late.”

 

“I believe so. Thank you for the suit.” Ready to give it back to the other. But Jun refused and told him to use it as much as he want. He have all the chance to return it.

 

When they were about to go separate ways, Jeonghan saw Jun’s back and knew that that person was the same person with Jun. his blonde locks, his stature, his royalty was the same. And thank goodness he just followed his advice not to smoke again. He slapped Jun’s back comfortably and quite heavy.

 

“I guess that person really followed my advice.”

 

Jun turned to him with confusion written all over his face. Hiding the pain he experienced from that slap, though, not so hard.

 

“You tease! Why do you make me look like a fool by telling you a fairy tale, Prince?”

 

Jun chuckled. “It’s okay for me knowing that you remembered me that way.”

 

“You remembered me, then? From the very beginning?”

 

The speechless man had become readable. Jeonghan scoffed and felt that Jun was really the bully and not him.

 

“Youuuu! You didn’t even tell me!” He scolded. Feeling ashamed of everything he’s said and behaved.

 

“Sorry. I thought you might not remember a single moment.”

 

Jeonghan heavily sighed “You are a dead meat! Are you kidding me? It was my inspiration. I look up to you until know. Never gave up even though I don’t remember your face anymore because it all got mixed up with people.”

 

“Thanks for the advice.” Winked the older.

 

“Never thought we’d meet again.” Jeonghan smiled. “And I am glad we meet again.”

 

Jun smiled and said “I am too.”

 

“But you still owe me something, yoooooooou!” Jeonghan felt a tremendous lift of mood that night. They both giggled and guess they had to accept the fact that they were really fated to be related to each other somehow.

 

“Good night, my friend.” Said Jeonghan.

 

“Good night.” Said the other sweetly.