SUIT & TIE: Cross Roads

SUIT & TIE

 

The day hasn’t started yet after JaeWon left, tremendous exposure and great events were about to be awaken. Right after SeokMin rode his car, he was wiping his gun luxuriously. What he was thinking would be unpredictable from the way his eyes had gone emotionless. At that time, Joshua who was his chauffer, couldn’t tell what DK’s next move.

 

“Joshua, can you drive me to Pohang port.” Another port near Incheon to where imports and exports were held.

 

“Noted.” Joshua did as DK asked him.

 

POHANG PORT_MIDNIGHT

 

“It’s a lovely night, don’t you think?”

 

Joshua didn’t agree “It’s quite peculiar for me.”

 

DK giggled. “Wait for me here. I needed to talk to a harbor master.”

 

Joshua waited until DK came back after a few moments. “That was fast.”

 

“Well, I just need to ask something regarding one of my case.”

 

It made Joshua think of any cases DK was handling regarding ports. It led him to none. He assumed that it was just out of his curiosity from his latest closed case which was with Agent Jacob Holmes aka Yoon JaeWon. “Where do we go next?” asked Joshua curiously.

 

“I think…” getting a piece of paper from his pockets. “There.” A small map and a detailed address. “Take me there.”

 

Looking upon the map, Joshua was familiar with the place. He suspected DK was progressing faster than he thought. He wasn’t supposed to be a player but when he entered the game, it changed not significantly drastic but little by little no one could notice.

 

Arriving at the said address, DK invited with a gun pointing at Joshua’s head from the back seat. “Easy, Agent Hong.” He calmed the alerted one. “Guns and weapons down.” DK requested, talking like a psycho finally found his prey.

 

“I don’t understand.” Joshua uttered nervously.

 

“Just give me a little tour.” Pointing at the house right by the sea. The place where Minhyuk rented for a long time when he was alive and surprisingly, the rent bills were still running up until the present.

 

Inside the small house, Minhyuk, Jeonghan and the Keeper’s hide out, Joshua walked leading DK around the house with a gun on his head the whole time. Down in the basement. Quite old and messy just like an old house. Seemed like nobody has been there for quite a long time. Yet, there were postings on a wall covered with planks of woods. Quite intriguing, so DK uncover it by Joshua’s strength since he couldn’t afford a mishap. The agent has training while he’s just a normal lawyer.

 

“Jeonghan is the rat, isn’t he?”

 

Joshua managed to calm himself and said “No. He isn’t.”

 

“Really?” raising his brows out of curiousity. “You thought so? He’s quite smart and now he’s inside the circle of the dangerous cartels. You think it’s just a coincidence?”

 

“He was just a messenger. That’s it. Other than that, there’s no involvement at all. After Minhyuk died, it’s only between me and the other agents.” Cold sweats ran down on his face.

 

“Such a waste. It would me so much fun if he was.” smirked DK as he looked at the pattern on the walls. “Interesting” he muttered. Minhyuk’s work was thorough”… Call one of your agents.” He instructed.

 

“Can’t do that, sir.” Time was ticking for Joshua. What scared him the most was DK’s mood. He could be a saint or a villain. Actually he’s never seen him to that extent yet. That’s why it’s quite tricky. Too unpredictable and it was dangerous even for a skilled agent like him.

 

It revealed an earpiece on Joshua’s left side DK examined his body. He smiled as he stayed calm. “Or maybe they can hear our conversation already. As expected!”

Meanwhile at Incheon airport, Jun with his brother Abbot arrived together since they were both expected to do the collection on the upcoming LANCELOT show in the ship. The signal was getting clear from his ears again as he heard the commotion happening the moment they set foot on land. It was pass midnight, Jun had to haste before anything happens to one of their agents. “You better be alive, Joshua. I’m coming.” The man muttered as he drove his fastest to where the location the radar was pointing.

On the other side, Joshua could hear a respond. He took the chance to hold on the time. “What do you want, Atty. Lee. I didn’t know you have interests in these things.”

 

“Well, of course, I do. This, as you supposed to know, ruined everything in my life. I am afraid they will have to pay.”

 

“Jeonghan had nothing to do with this if your grudge over him is your main reason.”

 

“Oh, my dear. Hold on. Just to be clear, I am not only focusing on Jeonghan but to everyone who had caused my pain. My mind is too expensive to focus one thing only. Honey… you are too naïve.” DK teased. “I assume your partners can hear me from your earpiece.”

 

“Do not go near. We can’t risk it.” Since calculations of surviving in case DK went off was low.

 

“Oh. Do not come. You are wasting your time. I will meet you tomorrow here.” Stating the whole address “20:00 sharp. See you, my friend.”

On the other line, Jun heard and noted the whole address. The anxious man chose to continue driving towards the address given despite Joshua’s order. As life was at risk, Jun tried his best to run the car as fast as he could but it surprised him hearing a gun shot just before the signal was gone. Jun was enraged and shouted “! ! !” louder and louder as a word comes out from his mouth. He knew it would be useless if he’d take actions while his head was still hot. However, he couldn’t deny the anger he’s feeling right now. Clutches tight to the steering wheel of his car as he took a U turn back to his den to plan how to catch the perpetrator.

.

.

.

Jun was seen furious going back to their shop. Eyes were fierce no one tried to get near. “What’s wrong?” asked his older brother.

 

“One man down. There’s a new player in the game.”

 

“Who?”

 

“Atty. Lee SeokMin.”

 

“You better shake that anger off first, my dear brother. It can kill you.” Abbot advised.

 

The next morning, since Jun couldn’t afford a delay in their plans just because of guilt and mourning, he continued his cover as a gentle designer and tailor. He’d meet Tinker that day. They ordered a few jewelries that they would use in their 30th anniversary fashion show. Wonwoo was the one to make and deliver the order, so they had the opportunity to talk.

 

Wonwoo came early in the morning with two well sealed suit cases being carried by each of his hands with gloves. He was alone. The Xu obviously have their full trust on him.

 

“Good morning, Mr. Moon.” Greeted Wonwoo with his emotionless face. “I brought here your order.” In every jewelry piece, there’s device implanted.

 

“Good work.” Said Jun as he immediately brought up yesterday’s tragedy. “Tailor might be dead.”


Wonwoo was surprised.

 

“Do you know something about Lee SeokMin?”

 

“Nothing personal. Why?”

 

“He’s the last person I heard with Joshua.”

 

“What? Do you think he did it?”

 

“Could be. I don’t know if he’s with someone but I will meet him later to know the truth.”

 

“You will meet him? I don’t think that’s a good idea. He’s a mystery. That’s what I heard. Even his cousin said those exact words.”

 

“We will find out.”

 

“I will go with you.”

 

“No. Just stay with the Xu for as long as you could.”

 

“Understood. Does Jeonghan have to know?”

 

“It’s better not to tell him yet.”

 

“By the way, Jeonghan already won a deal with Minghao already. They will talk soon.”

 

“He’s really serious with it.”

 

“He said he can make time for us to meet and plan without getting suspicion.”

 

Jun nodded.

 .

.

.

FLASH NEWS_ KOREA

 

The police reported to the public that they have in their hands the list of the big names in the underworld business and their connections from around the world. For this, Na Young has made a bold move. She was the one who exposed them to call the attention of the people on the top of the dirty business.

 

Watching from their homes and listening to their radios, those who were threated became alert. However, it felt not much of an impact because could find the person behind it as soon as possible as there were only few brave enemies who could do this kind of action.

 

“You already made your move.” Jihoon smirked enjoying his meal in his living room while watching the news. “You should’ve chose to retire and live in peace instead of war, Judge Yoon.”

 

Seungcheol and Jeonghan were alerted as well because of two reasons. First, their names would definitely be on the list. Second, one of Jeonghan’s family would automatically be the target of those that were threatened.

 

In the precinct, Soon Young was not paying attention to the news but to the notebook. It had a lot of foreign characters in it of different languages. It was hard to decipher but the longitude and latitude were not that hard to identify.  “This should point somewhere.” Soon Young murmured.

.

.

.

CIA JURISDICTION OF THE HIGHLY DETAINED CRIMINALS FROM THE RAID DURING MINGHAO’S PARTY_

 

SeungRi and Seung Gi, SeungWon’s brothers, had a special visitor despite the strict rules of the facility. “It’s really a good sight seeing you both in those shirts. Looks perfect on you.” Referring to the prison uniform.

 

“Julia!” shouted the two in gladness. “We thought Seungcheol forgot about us.”

 

Julia smiled devilishly “Oh, he did. SeungWon too.” She teased.

 

“What do you mean? Then, why are you here?” asked Seung Ri.

 

“Because I came to free you. Be glad.”

 

Both looked happy with their mischievous smirks.

 

“I will make you pay.” Julia Kaverin, mother of Seungcheol, uttered.

 

“You really are a good business woman!” uttered confidently by Seung Gi.

 

Julia smiled widely. “I know. As a woman, I need to be aggressive so men would respect me.”

 

“We’ll do anything.”

 

“Oh- I don’t need your service.”

 

“But we haven’t recovered financially yet.”

 

“Not that. I have lots of money.”

 

“Then tell us what do you want from us?” asked Seung Gi.

 

“Your heads.”

 

The two men were alerted. “What?”

 

“This is the payment I want for trying to plan the assassination of my only son and son-in-law inside their very own ship during Minghao’s party. Also, for endangering Jeonghan’s life for the first time when you ordered to shower him with bullets on his way home.” She explained in details.

 

“This is ridiculous!” The two gulped in fear knowing that they were in danger for their actions but one thing was for sure. Although both were involved in Jeonghan’s first attempt of assassination and Seungcheol’s failed assassination mission after Jeonghan was poisoned, they did not device the poisoning. However, they couldn’t tell the truth because they will turn out guilty. “We did not do it.” Denied the two.

 

“The lady you hiredwas the one who told me. Don’t worry, she’s dead now.” Julia leaned forward. “How dare you threatened my son’s life like that? If I hadn’t suspected the waitress, a knife could’ve pierced Seungcheol’s heart that night. You son of a !”

 

Jeonghan’s dream that day was a hint of danger Seungcheol faced that night after his poisoning. Just like in his dreams, a lady coming from the opposite direction of Seungcheol carried a knife and had a plan to stab Seungcheol to death.

 

“You know no blood for money, do you? Don’t tell me you did it to Minhyuk too?”

 

“We- we don’t know what you are talking about.” They defended.

 

“Oh poor boys.” Said Julia mockingly. What a perfect timing when their meal came. It was luxurious and definitely appetizing. “This is a small gift for the both of you.” She smiled devilishly. “Enjoy your last meal.”

 

“W-wait! You are joking right?” said one trembling.

 

“You can’t do it inside this facility.” The other knew for sure.

 

“What facility? I thought this was just a small box left inside a dangerous forest.” Julia answered. “I am capable of doing what I want. Remember that. You chose the wrong enemy, boys.” Leaving the two hanging in the air, Julia tipped the securities with large amount for the delivery and for the dirty works before she rode her private chopper parked in the middle of a wild forest in Mexico.

 

“Make sure it’s clean.” Julia ordered.

 

“For sure.” Answered the two securities guarding the cargo container with fake CIA facility installments in its interior. The two didn’t know they were being transported to different land after getting separated from the other criminals in Korea.

 

“Lancelot gives me quite a satisfaction with my orders. He deserves a prize.” Julia smirked. Thanks to Jun’s idea to sell those bastards to the one they owe a lot. No messy job for them. In addition, they were paid handsomely.

.

.

.

20:00 Sharp_ HOUSE NEAR POHANG PORT

 

Jun arrived at the location DK dictated. It was quite abandoned and far away from hot spot. Perfect for a hideout. He explored the whole vicinity until he got to the basement as he was told. He met DK inside the basement with gun pointed at him as soon as he was detected. Beside him was a young man he’s never seen before.

 

“Surrender your weapons, Mr. Moon.” Ordered DK who had and evident bruise on his left cheek.

 

Jun smirked. “You’ve got badly beaten, Attorney.” Stated confidently, knowing that Joshua might have escaped.

 

“Yeah.” DK sighed heavily as he ordered the young man to search Jun’s body.

 

“Where is Joshua if I may ask?”

 

“I was supposed to bring him a long but he was so impatient.” DK groaned in pain as he remembered how bad it hit him.

 

Jun was looking quite satisfied as he surrendered his weapons slowly, knowing that DK might be harmless after all. Although, he couldn’t tell yet. Joshua’s whereabouts was still unknown. He should stay alert.

 

“Have a seat.” Invited DK.

 

Jun observed that there was one more seat available. “Are we still waiting for someone?”

 

“Yes. He’ll be here in a while. He’s quite a busy person too.” DK smirked. Jun, while studying him couldn’t tell if he’s bluffing or serious. He’s too smart to play safe.

 

“If this isn’t worth my time, I will not hesitate to finish you off if I see you as a threat.” The man threatened.

 

“Geez, you are quite scaring me. Calm down.” DK remained calm and confident. “Don’t worry, this won’t take much of your time.”

 

Seeing the young man quite frozen, DK winked at him. “You don’t have to worry, Chanie, We’ll be fine.” Since the other figure was taking so long, DK thought he didn’t accept the offer. “Let’s proceed. That man might not be interested.”

 

“Make sure you choose the right word, Atty. Lee.” Jun was getting ever so serious.

 

SeokMin smirked devilishly when he mouthed “Yoon. Jeong. Han. I know you want something from him, yeah?”

 

“Very well. You got my attention.”

 

“You will work for me.”

 

“I don’t work for anyone.”

 

SeokMin laughed in his eased position leaning towards the wall. “Fine. I’m sorry. It was a wrong sentence. Let me rephrase. Let’s work together.”

 

Suddenly, people became alerted when they heard the door clicked. Jun prepared himself but was halted by SeokMin instead. They all saw a much taller stature, handsome on his black suit. “You should have warned me this place is hard to find.”

 

“I’m sorry. Please come in.”

 

Jun was rather surprised on their situation. There were rather a group of new players in their mission.

 

“I shouldn’t be here but I need answers. Besides, I am your only way as of the moment.”

 

“Good to see you, Congressman Kim.” DK smiled devilishly. “Thought you’d never come.”

 

On the other hand, Mingyu finally recognized the man they were with. “I did not expect you, Mr. Moon.”

 

“Now that you’ve already know each other…” Composing himself as if presenting some valuable business to his future investors. “Shall we begin?”

 

“Just to be clear. This thing would not make us friends, are we?” asked Mingyu, afraid of his name being involved in a dirty operation.

 

“Partnership, it is.” SeokMin half celebrated.