SUIT & TIE: Matryoshka

SUIT & TIE

 

 

“Sonata, can you hear me?” called Jun to Soon Young from another location.

 

“We are ready.” replied Soon Young over the radio.

 

“Make sure you wipe out everything.” Jun ordered coldly.

 

“Roger that.” On the other hand, Soon Young was with his team. One extra though, Lee Chan from Jihoon’s part.

 

“You sure you can handle this, buddy?” asked Soon Young.

 

“I can frame the unframable, there’s nothing I can do now.” Said Chan.

 

“Good!” Soon Young smirked.

 

Soon Young handed him another set of gun. “Here. We won’t know who else is messing with us here. Be careful.”

 

They split ways. Chan was heading towards Ivanov’s and his clan’s container. As well as the Chinese. He’s doing another miracle but he’s getting a little anxious about something else. He cannot trust anybody who’s backing him up.

 

While doing his mission, Chan was shot in the arm. “!” Looking back, he saw two men was already down. It’s between him and the traitor in police’s uniform.

 

“I knew this job couldn’t get done easily.” Chan murmured behind a pile of illegal products to shield him.

 

“Then, should we take this easy for you?” suggested the stranger. “Here’s the deal young man, let this go and I will let you go without any harm at all. I know you are aware how good these products were. It’s such a waist throwing them all out.”

 

“That’s why it’s exciting to waste.” Chuckled Chan in the dark.

 

“This is a small place to play hide and seek.”

 

“I know. It’s quite thrilling, isn’t it?”

 

“You are cocky, boy. Let’s see who’d cry for help first.” said the stranger while arranging a quite big gun.

 

“!” sensing how critical his situation was. In addition to that, he’s got only one ammo left in his gun. Turned out, he used the others to defend himself.

 

Surprisingly, there has been someone watching. “Hey, what do we got, officer?” asked the person at his back with many police as his back up.

 

Getting caught, the gunman dressed in a police officer paused. He’s outnumbered. One shot by the head and he’s gone.

 

Later on with a smirk. “Good job, Chan. You’ve grown quite a brave dinosaur.” Jihoon teased.

 

Appearing with lots of powder on his body he stated. “I might get a bit high right now.” Shoving off the white substance on his body. “This is so messy.”

 

Then, Jihoon suddenly announced. “This is not acceptable Not in my country! Not in my own city!” To the media who were with him.

 

The items were owned by a few politicians and personalities shipped from Russia and Chinese. Jihoon took the initiative to show the people the smuggled things, also women and children. There were armory and tons of illegal drugs as well. It was all over the news. Even EunWoo who was still under investigation knew about it and was really pissed. “You piece of !” said EunWoo gritting his teeth despite his fine and calm composure. “You will pay for this.”

.

.

.

CHASE_

 

Seungkwan’s target was of the Choi’s vehicle. He’s shooting right to the tires. Some miss due to the velocity and with some obstacles on the road. Fortunately for him, Vernon wasn’t firing at all.

 

Jun was on the radio shouting at Vernon to shoot Seungkwan saying “When did you learn how to show mercy Vernon? It’s not the beastly ‘Prince’ I was told about.”

 

“You never know who I am.”

 

Jun smiled while in the middle of a cross fire. “I’ve been following you of course. You are not exempted under my radar.” Pertaining that he was also being a suspect and subject of either imprisonment or annihilation if he did something bad.

 

“You are truly an .” Vernon snorted.

 

“Why don’t you shoot? You think he can be stopped by the relationship you’ve earned?”

 

Vernon biting his lips because he was torn believing that there could any possible chance they could work it all together still.

 

“He’s just like you, Vernon. The only difference is, he is heartless. Sakura knows no affiliation but money.” Stated Jun.

 

“Just back me up!”

 

“Seungcheol and Minhyuk might die.”

 

“They can manage.” Said Vernon.

 

Jun smirked. “Just as I thought. Jeonghan tamed you this much ei? Want some help?”

 

 “No thanks. I can handle.”

 

“Looks like you needed.” Jun shouted, now part of the chase, reaching Vernon’s speed and soon passed him. Looked like Wang’s automobiles were really a top tier one. Jeonghan gave Jun that vehicle in case he needed it on a mission. As per the deal, Wang Ltd would supply it to them based on what specs they need. That moment, Jun heartlessly let go of a sure shot towards the other’s motor while Seungkwan managed to flip Minhyuk’s and Seungcheol’s care from the shop the just made.

 

Jun shot Seunkwan’s legs as soon as he closed his target before he could even reach for Seungcheol and Minhyuk.

 

“Back off! He’s mine.” stated Vernon after alighting his vehicle.

 

“If you’d feel bad about it, I can do it for you.” said Jun teasingly.

 

“Sakura.” Vernon uttered as he reached Seungkwan “I’ve been hearing you. You are quite popular yet untraceable.”

 

“Proud of it.” replied Seungkwan as if he was the one winning.

 

“Son of a .” Vernon murmured while Jun came running to the car where Minhyuk and Seungcheol was.

 

“You should asked Jun’s help, Vernon.” Seungkwan smirked. “I am no ordinary person and you can’t easily kill me.” Seungkwan managed to get a gun and fired back at Vernon as he ran towards big barrels to hide for a while.

 

“There’s no chance you’d escape from me, Seungkwan.” Vernon threated. “You will pay for everything you’ve done.”

 

Seungkwan laughed frivolously. “This is getting fun! I suggest…” assembling a more powerful gun and continued “Come and get me.”

 

Seungkwan and Vernon were fighting intensely while Jun, as much as he wanted to help finish the job, he respected Vernon’s decision. Vernon got 3 wounds from Seungkwan’s fire with a few bones broken while Seungkwan got 4 including Jun’s shot and he was definitely losing a lot of blood.

 

“Painful isn’t it?” Seungkwan asked confidently as he pant.

 

“I don’t know to you but I am feeling great!” Vernon replied.

 

Vernon chased Seungkwan again and exchanged fires. They both chased with suspense in every move until they almost ran out of ammunition.

 

INSIDE CHOI’S VEHICLE_

 

“You better go, Seungcheol. I can take care of Minhyuk.” said Jun while helping Minhyuk out of the small space he was trapped after the car crashed.

 

“The gas is leaking!” announced Seungcheol worriedly.

 

“If you don’t haste right now, Seungcheol, I swear I’d kill you. Go and get Jeonghan back!” scolded Minhyuk. “We can do this on our own.”

 

Seungcheol had no choice but to leave the two.

.

.

.

VERNON & SEUNGKWAN’S CHASE_

 

“You might lose right there.” Vernon Joked. “I know you are dying and we don’t have enough bullets now.”

 

“I’m afraid you are the one who’s going to lose if you keep being kind to me, buddy.”

 

“Don’t take this the wrong way, there’s a reason why I am keeping you alive.”

 

“Dear Vernon, that’s so romantic.”

 

“You say.” Vernon initiated a shot.

 

“Looks like you are running out of bullets already.”

 

“This is enough to take you down.”

 

Meanwhile, Seungkwan noticed Seungcheol on the other side. Vernon noticed too the same time Seungkwan ran towards Seungcheol and point his gun.

 

“!” Vernon tried to chase at the best he could with his heavy injuries. It was the same with Seungkwan anyway so he’s confident he could prevent his plans.

 

Seungkwan fired one shot but it missed piercing Seungcheol’s body. Instead, it landed on a part of his arms. “Damn it!” Seungkwan charged for another while Vernon targeted Seungkwan’s legs as he rolled down. That time, he was caught.

 

“Don’t move.” declared Vernon.

 

“Very well.” said Seungkwan smirking. “But what’s wrong, Vernon? Why can’t you finish me in an instant?”

 

“I want to ask you a question.” said Vernon seriously.

 

“Don’t tell me you’d ask me to marry you?” Seungkwan teased and laughed.

 

Vernon frowned “You really are an .”

 

“Oh! Look at that!” Seungkwan provoked with annoyance in his face. “You really did fell in love with me.”

 

“Let’s stop this.” Said Vernon as if begging.

 

“You are annoying sometimes, you know. You are not fun.” Seungkwan smirked when he got up after knocking Vernon down by fist. “Do you really plan to win against me?”

 

“Damn right, I do!” reversing the attack as he pinned Seungkwan down on the ground.

 

“Vernon, stop stalling. What do you want from me?” while stealthily sliding his hands on his side so get a gun. Since Vernon had not much of energy, as well as him, it was time to decide. Seungkwan tossed Vernon back and tried to twist his neck when Vernon managed to pull out as he collect enough air again.

 

“!” murmured Seungkwan.

 

At the same time, the car where Minhyuk and Jun blasted and it got Vernon and Seungcheol’s attention. On the contrary, Seungkwan used his time to get close to Seungcheol for a good shot.

 

“Good bye, boss.” Said Seungkwan not hesitating to pull the trigger. When Vernon saw what was coming, he immediately got his gun and shot Seungkwan first before he could attack Seungcheol. That time, Vernon felt the time moving slowly. Feeling every breathe he released, Vernon felt an instant regret.

 

Seungkwan was shot on the chest and there’s no telling if he could even survive that critical shot when he’s got plenty of injuries already.

 

Vernon started facing the reality as soon as he could and ran towards Seungkwan. Meanwhile, Seungcheol was quite surprised. He knew what was going on and he regretted that Vernon had to do what he’d never wanted to do because of him. He realized that Vernon had to endure so much pain because of his family ever since he stayed.

 

“Seungkwan-ah.” Whispered with his staggering voice. He picked up Seungkwan carefully hoping he could still be saved.

 

“. You- won.” Seungkwan phrased while acting a little annoyed given his almost lifeless body.

 

“I-“

 

Seungkwan smirked when seeing Vernon on his tears. “So… you do... love me?” making an almost inaudible sound, although with the expression of happiness lying on his seemingly peaceful face.

 

“I’m sorry.”

 

“You.” Looking at the handsome western looking face. “Did the… Right thing.”

 

Seungkwan managed to lift his hand, cupped Vernon’s face even though with blood he caressed the other. “Thank you for…” slowly realizing that he had no time, Seungkwan let his tears flow. At least he wouldn’t face embarrassment unlike Vernon from letting others see his weakness. “for.” Almost losing his life he continued. “setting me… free.”

 

Hearing those words, Vernon knew that Seungkwan did the things he needed to do in order to set himself free because if he doesn’t get killed right now someone would for sure. Moreover, his miserable life will continue. Their lives has never been easy. And death was their only way out.

 

“Seungkwan-ah…” pained as he saw that the gun Seungkwan was holding in his hands was emptied. “You did it for me, do you?”

 

Seungkwan smiled. “Coz you said you…” with difficulty. “will not kill me, idiot. I’m sorry I did this to you.” A few moments to his last. “I- didn’t know I would ever say this word but… I love you … so much, Vernon.” Seungkwan sincerely delivered as his hands fell weakly with a smile on his face with his brave confession.

 

He wore a smile just for Seungkwan despite the weight on his chest. “I love you too.” Vernon murmured to the barely surviving man on his arms and kissed him on the lips for one last chance. “I’m sorry I cannot even save you.”

 

Seungkwan smiled as he gathered all his strength to say. “It’s alright… now… do what you have to… do. Tell Jeonghanie hyung, I am sorry. Goodbye… my love.”

 

Vernon let out a cry. He was feeling hell at the moment while holding Seungkwan’s lifeless body on his arms. However, he still needed to carry out his mission.

 

“Vernon, let me take care of him.” volunteered Jun.

 

“Please give him a beautiful place to sleep.” Asked Vernon.

 

“Will do.”

.

.

.

PORT_ IVANOV’S YACHT

 

Jeonghan was on his way up to his family’s yacht when he heard a loud and intimidating shout. “Jeonghan-ah!”

 

Hearing Seungcheol’s voice, he felt at ease. Although, he shouldn’t be lax since Kai could just have him killed at any time.

 

“This is annoying.” Kai murmured.

 

Jeonghan faced Seungcheol but he couldn’t even looked straight to his eyes that time.

 

“You don’t look me in the eye now, Jeonghan.” Seungcheol provoked. “Why? Are you afraid you might regret your decision?”

 

Jeonghan had no choice but to display his fierce expression even though he was terribly scared of what may happen to Seungcheol.

 

“For the last time, Seungcheol, get lost! Why is it so hard for you to understand that I don’t need you anymore?” delivered Jeonghan in annoyance.

 

“Our marriage! The years we spent our time together… is it for nothing?”

 

“Sweet.” Kai interrupted in sarcastic way. “Seungcheol, you are a friend and I don’t want to kill you myself so please, let us be.”

 

“Hell, I’d let you!” Seungcheol answered fiercely.

 

Kai scoffed while Jeonghan was trying his best to make Seungcheol go away. “We had a deal, Seungcheol. That was all business. I’m done with you.”

 

“Sure but I clearly remember that I told you I won’t let you go.”

 

“You look ridiculous. You really want to play husband and wife until the end?”

 

“They do not deserve you!” Seungcheol shouted desperately.

 

“And you think you do?” replied Jeonghan.

 

Seungcheol was surprised, nevertheless, he might as well agree. “Yes! I don’t deserve you! But Jeonghan… I-“

 

“Then, let us end this peacefully. Good bye, Seungcheol.” Jeonghan planned to retreat inside the yacht when Seungcheol called him again.

 

“Jeonghan! You are the reason why I am still fighting.” Seungcheol declared while remembering all the moments they were together, may it be bad or good. He thought Jeonghan was too good for him but he realized he wanted to be with him more.

 

“Your words won’t bring me back.” Jeonghan insisted.

 

However, it surprised Jeonghan when he heard Seungcheol saying “If I say I love you, would you come back to me?”

 

Kai was surprised. Even Vera and Wonwoo were taken aback. Seungcheol, that time, suddenly said things he could never imagine he’d admit to himself. Jeonghan, on the other hand, was too stunned to speak until he realized that Seungcheol was right. After that moment, he instantly regretted his actions of leaving them behind but he had no other choice. It was too late to return now and thought the best way to do now was walk away.

 

“Even if I die, I swear I will walk you out there and make our dreams come true!” chasing to where Jeonghan was heading to make sure he received the message well. “Jeonghan-ah, please! Let’s talk.”

 

“I’m sorry Seungcheol. It’s over.” having mixed feelings at the moment, Jeonghan couldn’t contain everything that’s happening all at once.

 

“It doesn’t matter who you choose at the end, I swear I will make sure you will be set free.” Seungcheol begged.

 

Kai was enjoying the moment of witnessing Seungcheol’s suffer. “Time to go!” he announced to the captain.

 

Jeonghan left himself in solitude as he walked deeper in their yacht when he heard another gun shot. A nearer one making him walk back to see when he heard Seungcheol groaned in pain.

 

“Seungcheol.” He mouthed quietly and worriedly with eyes open when he saw who could possibly shot him. It was Vernon who was holding the gun behind Seungcheol. “Vernon.” he gasped.

 

Seeing Seungcheol wounded on his thigh, Jeonghan couldn’t help but to worry.

 

“Impressive.” said Kai. “You got my attention, Vernon. What do you want?”

 

“Let me join you.” Vernon shouted.

 

“Why would we want to do that?” asked Gavril.

 

“I lose interest in serving the Chois. They are nothing but a bunch of idiots. My deal is done with him. Too bad I didn’t get what I want. Besides, this betrayal would have drove me out, anyway.”

 

Seungcheol grunted and said “You bastard!” while crying in pain.

 

“What, you wanna cry now?” said Vernon coldly with a smirk on his pretty face. “See you some other time.” Vernon knocked Seungcheol down by hitting him with his gun on his neck.

 

“What business do we owe you?” asked Gavril.

 

“I’d like to be Jeonghan hyung’s sicario. Thought you might need a new one.”

 

Assuming Seungkwan was dead, Kai smirked. “You are really a tough one. And how the hell are we supposed to trust you, you can’t even kill your boss straight to our face?”

 

“C’mon! I’m not the type of person who’d kill behind anyone’s back. Have respect on what I do.” Vernon smirked. “There’s another time for that. We still need him alive. I want to make sure they suffer like how I did.”

 

“Oooh~ dark past. I like that. Then, it’s up to Jeonghan now.” Said Kai.

 

Vernon scanning the yacht to see in hope that Jeonghan would accept him.

 

“Nikita! A good man wants your leadership.” Kai intruded.

 

Jeonghan didn’t show his face but his voice was clear when he said “Take him in.”

 

Vernon felt relieved. Jun, on the other hand, who was hearing the conversation in the radio became relieved as well.

.

.

.

CHINA_

 

Minghao went to see his family, particularly to talk to his father about the game Jeonghan was talking about. It angered the old Xu. Nevertheless, considering Jeonghan’s proposal. It’s safer to gamble to a little fry than to gamble with the gods.

 

Besides, considering a pardon from the international authorities sounds good.

 

“Should we talk to Nikita privately?” asked the Minghao’s old man.

 

“I doubt they would allow that.” Said Minghao.

 

“Then, ask Wonwoo. You still good with him?”

 

“I shot him, father. I almost killed the man. I don’t think he’d talk to me.”

 

“You fool! I told you that you must be careful. You don’t know whether you need someone or not in the future.”

 

“Well, now I know. How about Vera.”

 

“You think she’d side us?”

 

“Well, she’s quite the rebel.” Stated Minghao still thinking. “Anyway, I will find a way.” Then he thought of Jun. “Maybe the tailor could help.” Letting his off guard since Jun was a close acquaintance.

.

.

.

IVANOV’S YACHT_

 

Wonwoo visited Jeonghan in his room while Vera was treating Vernon on the other room.

 

Wonwoo knocked. “Hey, you alright?” He saw the door open, also, Jeonghan’s face confused with a hint of anger in his expression. “I know it’s hard, Jeonghan.”

 

“Come in.” As soon as they were inside, Jeonghan closed the door and embraced Wonwoo. “How hard could the situation get, Wonwoo?”

 

Wonwoo empathized with Jeonghan. He comforted him in a way he know. A gentle caress. “I will make sure you get out of here.”

 

“And you?” buried his face on the younger’s chest.

 

“I have nothing after this.” Wonwoo chuckled giving himself lightly.

 

“Don’t say that. You’ve been through a lot. You deserve better than you think.”

 

“I don’t know, Jeonghan. I’ve seen a lot. I don’t want to see any more.”

 

“You silly! Hear this, young man.” Facing Wonwoo as he pinch the right side of the man’s body. Seeing Wonwoo flinch. “Don’t take your life lightly. Just trust me. Hold on to me.”

 

Wonwoo was surprised. He thought he was supposed to say those words but he was moved and smiled. “Thank you. Use me wisely, hyung.”

 

Remembering Hoshi with those gentle smile, Jeonghan sighed and whispered. “He’ll surely kill me.”

 

On the other hand, Wonwoo became surprised. “I thought you met him.”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “You think I’m here if I did? Please let Vera call him.”

 

Wonwoo laughed. “You are crazy.”

 

“I know.”

 

“I’ll let you have an update regarding Seungcheol hyung.”

 

“Thank you.” Releasing from the embrace, Jeonghan saw a Matryoshka doll resting by the cabinet. He went there and opened it one by one and said “I hate it when we are like this.” Holding the smallest among the dolls.

 

Wonwoo went beside and said with confidence looking at the bigger pieces in halves scattered around the desk. “Then, we just have to eliminate the bigger ones. They’ll never expect a diamond can cut their stomach when it’s eaten.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “You know what? I might adopt you as a brother. Hoshi and you will get along.”

 

Wonwoo acted like he was worried and replied “I might not survive him.”

 

“Are you kidding me? He’s adorable.” Jeonghan chuckled and cupped the other’s face and squeeze it tight. “You be my li’l brother for now, Tristan.”

 

“That’s much scary.” With a difficulty of speaking with the state of his cheeks.

.

.

.

LANCELOT

 

Jun with his brother and sister inside the shop playing a chess game.

 

“Check!” shouted Abbot. Happy of winning over Jun for ones.

 

Jun became surprised but he had his smirk on his lips. “You thought so?” seeing the board.

 

“Oh dear, Jun. This is first time I’ve seen you lose.” Olivia chuckled. Although with tea beside, there’s numerous bandage stuck all over Jun’s body. “You stupid brat! How could you do this to yourself? You can die with these injuries!” Olivia scolded.

 

“I am still alive, Olivia.” Chuckled Jun.

 

“Don’t wait for your death. Damn, Jun! Tsk!” bandaging the other part of his limbs. “You’d do everything for him, don’t you? Even if you play the bad guy?”

 

“I am a bad guy.” Jun smiled.