SUIT & TIE 004: ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: ACTIONS SPEAKS LOUDER THAN VOICE

 

Thanks to Jun, the mood got a little lighter. They went to the office quite normal, this time, Jeonghan was the one who wasn’t concerning himself with the cold hearted man beside him. Other than that, everything went normal that day. During the lunch, Seungcheol was the one to go down and invite Jeonghan to have lunch with him as a sign of repentance, but he found his wife not in the office for some reason.

 

Well, he should’ve expected that Jeonghan didn’t want to talk or see him for a valid reason, but that wouldn’t change his mind about having a child. Jeonghan was capable, even without him, he knows it perfectly. However, in their kind of situation where war was about to happen, he wouldn’t risk it. He treats Jeonghan as his friend, one of the most trusted friend, and he never expect that to happen since the first time they saw each other. He said it by words, yes, since Jeonghan wanted it casual and stress free. However, it was out of this mind that it might be possible given their complexity. Now, Jeonghan was one of the two people whom he trusted with everything.

 

“Where is Vice President Choi?” asked Seungcheol to the employees. He addressed his wife formally, so the employee would respect him too.

 

“He went out a few moments ago, sir. But he didn’t tell us where he’d go.”

 

“I see.” Seungcheol sighed as he went back to work without having his lunch. He normally does that but that was before Jeonghan came to his life. Now that he’s used to having lunch with his wife, his hunger indicated that the other was really mad at him. Nevertheless, it’s no fun eating alone, although, he had Vernon to invite with. He preferred his wife to dine with, more than anybody else.

 

Later on, Seungcheol sent his loyal friend to see and check on his wife if he had eaten already. Also to talk and calm him, since he assumed that he’s having his period and it might get him sick thinking a lot of things.

 

Vernon went down to Jeonghan’s office to check on him once again, but still, he’s seen no one in the office. He called his boss to report that Jeonghan hasn’t return yet when he usually does come in the right time. Seungcheol assumed that he’d go for a drink with a friend. Nevertheless, he still asked Jeonghan to call him.

 

Phone was ringing, but it was left on his office. Vernon checked upon the echo and found it on the table. It’s not that he always carry that large phone, but he should when he’d take long enough somewhere unknown and make them worry.

 

Meanwhile, the lost Jeonghan was only inside their home. He left everything unintentionally. He’s feeling not good. Probably because he’s not feeling well since he woke up. He’s asleep in their room with a high temperature, sick and weak.

 

On the other hand, since Jeonghan couldn’t be found yet, Vernon and Seungcheol were alerted and started searching for him. Although Seungcheol couldn’t search at the moment since he had his own appointment that afternoon and asked Vernon to update him instead. They separate ways. Vernon was to search for Jeonghan and Seungcheol was to meet his client.

 

Vernon started searching from his favorite restaurants nearby, but found him at home lying on the bed. He seemed getting better as Jeonghan invited him for dinner with a new friend, Jun, after he woke up. On the other hand, Seungcheol was relieved after Vernon’s update. He was now in one of their cruise ships for a meeting that evening. But before that, he’d like to meet someone else. The one Jeonghan referred to as his husband’s childhood sweetheart called Cha EunWoo. Tall, sweet and charming. More to that, he’s a darling of the crowd. Many wants to take his hand, but of course, no one but only the family who has the most advantage and influence would have the right to claim it.

 

Cha EunWoo is a tycoon celebrity. He ran many businesses related to big malls and clothing brands whether a franchise or of his own. He’s a good son of the owner of the big 5 star hotels in Seoul and were venturing on lands like Choi SeungWon has been busy with even before his ships had started. On the other hand, EunWoo finds himself suitable managing services such as cruise ships. He like aesthetics so much and he’d like making people happy with services. So when he saw the opportunity in shipping, he asked SeungWon to open a partnership for him. The first ship he had partnership with was the Marie Antoinette that he loved the most. Basically, because it was the most ravishing ship around Seoul and he loved the ambience of it. Moreover, Seungcheol had dedicated the design just for him. He decided the theme and the concept should be perfect for his young partner as soon as he knew that it was Cha Eun Woo, his beloved childhood sweetheart, who invested in it. Marie Antoinette had opened the investments for just three people and they were Choi Seungcheol, Choi Minhyuk- Seungcheol’s older brother- and Cha EunWoo. It was a big hit and it was because of their magic and quality services.

 

Since it was undeniably the most beautiful ship in Asia that time, they named it after the most luxurious queen of England MV MARIE ANTOINETTE- it was the most modern and grandest ship touring across Asia to Europe.

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol met EunWoo sweetly compared on how he treats his own wife. Same as how he treats the ship, Seungcheol pleasures EunWoo with care and with the most lavish treatment he could ever express.

 

“How are you?”

 

A familiar calm voice was recognized by EunWoo from his back, who’s taking a sweet time viewing the night sky at the deck. He flashed his lovely face to greet the older one back. “It’s been a while.”

 

Seungcheol smiled gently “Yeah.”

 

“How was your married life?”

 

“Great.”

 

EunWoo was surprised on how calm and proud he said it. “I admire him for giving you a great marriage. That was unusual. I guess I should take interest of befriending him. He looks chic and nice. I’m glad you have him.”

 

“Chic, nice, and witty. He always plays pranks with me.”

 

“And you’re enjoying it?” with a great surprise as Eunwoo knew Seungcheol bad at taking pranks.

 

“He’s fun to play with.”

 

EunWoo chuckled. “I see. I should really have time to talk to him.”

 

“Not in my house. Go somewhere else.”

 

“Tsk! You’re so stingy as usual.”

 

“I want peace.”

 

A few pause. “No turning back this time, EunWoo. Are you sure you want to get married with Kim Mingyu?”

 

“Why not? He loves me.”

 

“You?”

 

“I will. Just like you with Jeonghan.”

 

“He doesn’t love me at first. He’s just interesting.”

 

EunWoo chuckled. “I hope Mingyu is as interesting as Jeonghan.”

 

“I don’t think so. Just call me if you need me.”

 

“Sure. Thanks.” Getting a fresh air from the breeze of the warm and calm sunset, EunWoo continued. “Seungcheol.” He called gently.

 

“Mn?”

 

“I hope we won’t regret this.”

 

Seungcheol did nothing but to stare gently and caringly. “Run to me.”

 

Looking at their watch, they both knew that they’re sweet talk would take place later after a very important meeting. However, something was strange. They were expecting guests that night but they were late, for the first time. Delays don’t usually come when meeting those guys because, for them, time is definitely their diamond.

 

“They’re never late.” Said Eunwoo worriedly as the other understood what the situation was about.

 

Seungcheol held the nearest phone and called Vernon through the line connected in their car, hoping that he was in the location to pick up goods from the merchants safely.

 

Vernon was on his way to the meeting place where they would fetch the guests from China including the package they’re about to offer. Most probably their new merchandise.

 

The phone was ringing.

 

It took a while before Vernon was able to answer and he seemed in rush. “We’re busted.” He said prompting to a sharp turn as he heard Vernon’s grunt.

 

“What’s happening?!” Seungcheol shouted in panic while EunWoo was listening.

 

“What is happening, Seungcheol?” asked Eunwoo who seemed not too patient about the news from Vernon.

 

Seungcheol was hearing loud gunshots, glasses shattering and multiple ringing of sirens and shouted “Get the hell out of there! Quick!”

 

“I am on my way.”

 

“Don’t you dare get caught or die, young man!” Seungcheol ordered.

 

“I won’t die on this.” Said the other coolly while maneuvering the wheels professionally and smoothly despite the chaos. “Be there in a bit.”

 

“You know what to do with that car now.”

 

“Sure.” Replied Vernon calmly as he drove himself towards a cliff with a large body of water standing by at the bottom. Vernon stepped on the accelerator as hard as he could. In no time, the car flew down the cliff near the road while in a chase with the policemen ringing their sirens loudly just a few meters away.

 

Hours later, Seungcheol has been wondering around the deck, going back and forth thinking worriedly about his friend on a chase.  On the other hand, EunWoo was there to comfort him after seeing Seungcheol gritting his teeth while hands clasped together.

 

“He’s a good body guard, Seungcheol.”

 

“I know but this is bull!” said Seungcheol.

 

Later on in the news, the only voice that’s being heard in a big room was with the news anchor, waiting for the news they were expecting for an update. It was tensed. Seungcheol and Eunwoo were sitting close to each other, anxious, about the news to come. And as expected, the said operation was the headline of the news for the day.

 

According to the news, the police in partnership with the Interpol & CIA busted a large transaction between Mafia’s all over the world. Those includes powerful Mafias from China, Russia, and America. It was reported that many had died from both sides due to the shootout but it has said that they’ve arrested some of the illegal merchants and soon to be brought into CIA’s custody for further investigation. On the other hand, the paraphernalia and the merchandise- illegal drugs- were confiscated.

 

In the middle of the news, one has caught Seungcheol’s attention and that was when the news anchor described a body found near the cliff with the same features as Vernon. However, the news indicated that the body found was extremely unrecognizable due to the bruises and wounds “C’mon Vernon.” Seungcheol gritted his teeth and stomping his foot in agitation. His anxiety was growing larger as time pass by without any news about his perfect body guard.

 

In a little while, they heard a knock saying “Boss. They’re hear and it isn’t very nice.” Coming from the man Seungcheol was very familiar with.

 

Seungcheol showed a sign of relief, on the other hand, EunWoo smiled and said “There he is.”

 

When Vernon showed his face upon opening the door to fetch them, Seungcheol still displayed his emotionless face. “Good to see you clean.” Tapping the younger’s shoulder as a sign that he was more than glad to see him complete and alive.

 

“Clean as ever.” Vernon smirked tucking his collar in a very cool way after EunWoo pointed it out.

.

.

.

Inside MV Marie Antoinette’s meeting room_

 

Seungcheol and Eunwoo finally meet with the others who were involved and almost caught in the recent operation. They were obviously anxious and very angry about the busted transaction, most especially the lead seller Xu Minghao of The8 Dragon brotherhood from China. He was fuming in anger with his sharp eyes learning about the news. On his side, a Korean born subordinate which Seungcheol didn’t have a very good vibe with caught staring sharply at him like he knew something. Seungcheol couldn’t just calm with those eyes staring firmly at him. His name is Jeon Wonwoo.

 

Seungcheol first saw him as a mere follower. Now, he’s sitting on Minghao’s right hand after the previous one died because of his treacherous act within the brotherhood. For the record, it was also said that Wonwoo was the one who caught him and every man who go against Xu family. He earned his title quickly, therefore, he’s a very dangerous man.

 

“What happened?!” shouted Minghao who loses his cool this time compared to how he usually was with his annoying chill vibe on his luxurious clothing.

 

All were surprised with Minghao’s outburst. On the other hand, the other business partner couldn’t keep calm because they lose a lot of money in that raid. Everybody was affected by it and they needed to think fast before the authorities trace them.

 

“This is insane!” said the other partner.

 

“Someone has something to do with this.” Said Minghao looking at every one of them inside the room.

 

“And who do you think is responsible for this? I Sent Vernon there to get your products personally, Minghao. Seungcheol shouted in sarcasm. “And what? Just to get caught? You almost killed him!” said Seungcheol clutching his hands tight as he hit the table furiously.

 

“And you are blaming it all on us Mr. Choi?”

 

“If your men could’ve refrained themselves and predicted what’s going to happen in their every move, this wouldn’t happen, you see.” Insulting the other.

 

Minghao scoffed. “You came to me asking for that, Young Choi. Do you remember? You need money and my family helped you. If it weren’t for us, you are eating garbage right now.” Showing his annoying smile accompanied with an insult coming from his mouth.

 

“Let me get this straight, Mr. Xu. You needed us, that’s for sure. If we owe you money, it’s already been paid as soon as we let you use our ships for transfers. As what I’ve understood in our contract, there’s clearly a word ‘partnership’ in it. Am I right? Or did we give a good privilege to a wrong man?”

 

“Very well said, Young Choi. If I found the traitor on your side, what will you do?”

 

“Kill him. In front of me.” Said him surely and confidently. “And if it is in your side?”

 

“I will let you do the same.” Said Minghao confidently. He’s not scared at all. “Same goes for every partner in this room.” As the Chinese big young boss announced while roaming around and look them in the eye. “No mercy will be shown.”

.

.

.

 

That night wasn’t a good night for every single family in the cruise ship. Lots of money has been disposed carelessly, losing millions worth of expensive deals in just a day. On the other hand, EunWoo knocked on Seungcheol’s cabin to check how he’s doing, bringing a bottle of expensive wine with two wine glasses all carried by one hand as the other would be the one to open the door.

 

“Seungcheol?” EunWoo peeked from the door to check if he was sleeping or not. The pretty male could clearly see that Seungcheol was still on his chair signing papers as usual, EunWoo interrupted despite seeing how busy the man was. “Can I join you?”

 

“Sure. Did you bring something?”

 

“Wine would be great for such a chaotic day, you see.” He giggled.

 

“I was thinking of having scotch.” The other looked with a naughty smirk in his face.

 

“Well, sorry, I don’t have those. This is a good wine anyway. Are you done?”

 

“Almost.”

 

“Alright, am gonna rest my back for a while. It’s quite a long conversation.  It’s so annoying.”

 

Seungcheol dropped his pen in an instant, get the wine to open and let himself pour EunWoo a glass of wine.

 

“Who do you think it is?” asked EunWoo while looking endearingly to the man pouring him a glass of the most lavish wine in their collection.

 

“I am not sure. But it has to do something in their side. Interpol and CIA has never step in Korea because of some small time fish. Not yet.”

 

“You have a point.” Receiving his wine as he sat back. “It’s a surprise.”

 

“It is.”

 

“Anyway, let’s forget it. I’m tired of that topic.”

 

“Great idea.”

 

“Aren’t you coming home tonight?” asked EunWoo.

 

“Probably not. This problem is not healthy. Minghao will probably investigate on me through his annoying right hand man. I really don’t like him.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Feeling the same way as you do.” Changing the topic, Eunwoo asked about Seungcheol’s wife. “Does he know a little?”

 

“Not that I know.” Answered Seungcheol. “So far so good. He’s busy with the company and I need him there.”

 

“I see.” Leaning close to the older man after sipping a wine “You think he’ll find out?”

 

“He will if you get drunk talking to him. He’s good at hypnotizing people, you know?” He chuckled teasing the other.

 

“Have you ever talked to him like this?”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“Just like us. Right now?” asked EunWoo.

 

“My conversation is a bit straight forward because he’s an impatient one.”

 

EunWoo chuckled. “I want to know him more. He really is interesting.”

 

“I don’t recommend for you two to be friends.”

 

“Why not?”

 

“I just don’t like it.”

 

“You can’t dictate me now.” Said the younger “I will go my way, Cheol.” The other smirked as he touched his lips to the older one gently and soothingly. Meanwhile, the other wasn’t showing a sign that he doesn’t want it. In fact, he’s ready to take it all. There were exchanges of kisses, intense touches, and ecstatic. The two spent the night together in fullness and pleasure playing with the most sensitive and satisfying spots in their bodies.

.

.

.

 

Early in the morning, Seungcheol was ready to go back home after he and EunWoo had separated ways. It was unusual with Vernon turning on the music of the car into Jeonghan’s favorite playlist that morning and it bothered Seungcheol a bit.

 

“Music? In the morning? That’s very unusual of you.”

 

“Sure. And you are quite unusual with a pair of comfortable shirt too.” Said Vernon “I’ve told you that he’s been sick, didn’t I, boss.” Referring to his favorite boss, Jeonghan.

 

“And?”

 

“You are going home. Only this morning?”

 

Seungcheol scoffed with a smirk. “He really got into you.”

 

“May I ask how do you see your wife?”

 

Seungcheol got quite curious on whatever Vernon’s intention was about asking. He replied “A friend.” As fast as he’d say that Vernon is also his friend.

 

“I see.” It’s a relief for Vernon to hear that coming from his boss’ mouth knowing that Seungcheol is an extremely frank person.

 

“Why do you care, Vernon?”

 

“I like him so much.” Vernon finally smiled.

 

“I can see that. Something else?”

 

“I’ll let you know if there’s something else.” Looking at the rear mirror intending to call his boss’ attention to tease.

 

Seungcheol scoffed but didn’t take it seriously.

 

“By the way, when you called me last night for an assignment instead of keeping your promise to Jeonghan hyung that you’d let me be with him for the rest of the night, he made me tell you this.”

 

Seungcheol was listening as he waited for the continuation of his wife’s message from Vernon.

 

Make sure you have some reasonable excuse or else he will not cook breakfast for you for one week.”

 

Seungcheol smirked with good intentions.

 

“Threatened?” asked the assistant.

 

“Probably. He dares to threaten me with that?”

 

“I was threatened, though. His cooking is quite a big consequence for my daily dose of energy.”

 

“You think so? Then, I must have a good excuse.”

 

“Better be.”

 

Meanwhile, Seungcheol thought of having news from what happened after he left Jeonghan. “Vernon, did you drive Jeonghan home before you go?”

 

“No. He insisted to stay. Mr. Moon is with him.”

 

“Where were you?”

 

“In a buffet restaurant which is quite good. I like it there.”

 

“I see. I assume it’s the 5 dollar restaurant.”

 

“You’ve been there?” asked Vernon very surprised.

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Did you eat there?” with constantly higher pitch every time he asks questions.

 

“No choice.”

 

Vernon chuckled. “Another point for Jeonghan hyung.”

 

“He always wins.”

.

.

.

Arriving home, everything seemed quiet. They look for Jeonghan from bedroom to the kitchen and bathrooms but he seemed not there. Both gentlemen looked at each other with questions in their mind.

 

“Is he still sick when you leave him yesterday with the tailor?”

 

“He has a little fever, but he said he’s fine.”

 

“Find him.”

 

Later on, Seungcheol was the one who contacted Jun to ask what happened last night as he probably would drive Jeonghan since he had no one to drive him back home. That morning, Mr. Moon received a very unusual inquiry from Mr. Choi.

 

“Good morning Jun. Perhaps, Jeonghan went there this morning for a visit?”

 

That news had him confused. “Is he not in your house? He has a high fever last night. I drove him home early so he could rest.”

 

“A high fever?”

 

“Unfortunately, his temperature got higher.”

 

“I see. Thank you.”

 

“If there’s anything I can help, please tell me.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

After Seungcheol hang up, he immediately received a call. Based on the number, he assumed that it was his wife’s hand phone. He answered it as soon as possible, only to hear scolding.

 

“Choi Seungcheol!” not too loud, but the way Jeonghan called him was indicating that he had to prepare a proper and acceptable excuse.

 

“Yes, my queen.” Answered Seungcheol calmly despite the storm coming.

 

“Why did you just answer your phone? Where have you been? I’ve been contacting you since last night, you wouldn’t pick up.”

 

Seemed like Jeonghan wasn’t in the mood to listen to lame excuses. “I am in a ship with my meeting. Are you feeling well now? Vernon told me that you are sick.”

 

“Probably but come here in the hospital real quick. Your mother isn’t feeling too well.”

 

Seungcheol was alerted. He told Vernon and rushed to the hospital as quick as possible just to see how his mother’s condition was.

 

In the Hospital, Seungcheol rushed to where his mother was confined. She was with Jeonghan, thank goodness. Of course, his father was obviously not there as per usual. As soon as Seungcheol opened the door, he quickly asked “How was mother, Jeonghan?”

 

Jeonghan noticed how worried Seungcheol was. He believed that his husband might have soft spots too. “She fainted last night.”

 

Seungcheol quickly walked towards his mother and kissed on her forehead with utmost care and, at the same time, held her hand.

 

“How are you, mom?” he asked with such gentleness.

 

His mother smiled softly, glad that her son was there for her, even though, she thought that it wasn’t that of a big deal at all. “I’m as fine as ever, son. I just fainted due to fatigue. Don’t worry.” Seungcheol’s mother, Eun Bi, cupped her son’s beautiful face.

 

“How can I not worry about that?”

 

“Thank goodness, Jeonghan was there to take care of me the whole night.” Looking at their beautiful darling, she said “Rest now, Jeonghan. Thank you.”

 

“I will rest once you return back home.”

 

“Sweet child. I am happy that you became our son’s partner. Thank you.”

 

Jeonghan smiled. “Rest well. If you need help or anything else, just give me a call.”

 

“I’d love that. Thank you. I will go home soon. SeungWon will fetch me, so go now and rest in your house. I’ll be fine with my secretary.”

 

“No. We’ll stay.” Said Seungcheol.

 

“Alright then.” With a sweet smile on her beautiful face.

 

It was just a really quick admission, SeungWon amazingly came to fetch his wife for the first time Seungcheol had ever seen. They went home separately.

 

On their way home to their house, Seungcheol remembered to ask his wife about his health, but looking at the other, he assumed he already got the answer. Jeonghan was sleeping on his hand by the window of the car. He looked exhausted and now a little bit reddish.

 

Seungcheol appreciate Jeonghan’s effort for his family, even though, it wasn’t his responsibility at all. Maybe Vernon was correct. That he’s lucky for having Jeonghan. Seungcheol carefully leaned the beautiful man on his shoulders to rest. The other didn’t even notice as he was sound asleep. That day, instead of going to the office, he stayed with Jeonghan as they both rested on their large bed, closely tied to each other by Seungcheol’s gentle embrace.