SUIT & TIE: The Plan of a Perfect Crime

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: The Plan of a Perfect Crime

 

CHOI RESIDENCES_

 

Seungcheol has been expecting a call each night since Jeonghan left, hoping that he would somehow contact him. However, when the phone finally rang, it was a voice he thought he couldn’t listen anymore.

 

“EunWoo.” called Seungcheol all confused.

 

“You seemed expecting someone.” as expected EunWoo would know.

 

“No. I am not. It’s just that this phone never rang for the past few weeks.”

 

“He left. I know.”

 

“None of your concern.” annoyed as he ever was.

 

“Alright. I know you are pissed right now but I am calling to inform you I am going out of prison.”

 

“I know. I saw in the news. What are you gonna do?” acting like he wasn’t upset listening to that terrifying voice again.

 

“Nothing. I wanted to pay someone a visit.”

 

“Mingyu.” guessed the other.

 

“I just want to check him out. I know it shook his world.”

 

“Sure he is.”

 

“You okay?” asked EunWoo.

 

“I will be.”

 

“I will call you again as soon as I am free.”

.

.

.

RUSSIA_

 

Minghao have been meeting with Minghao everyday as long as he stayed in the hotel while waiting for their suit for engagement and for the gift he ordered. They sure toured the best restaurants in Russia each night. Moreover, Jeonghan noticed that Minghao really was attracted to luxury. Each place they’ve been so far were the most beautiful structures he’s ever been.

 

“You really have a good taste.” remarked Jeonghan.

 

“Expensive and aesthetic ones if you have to be specific. What can I say? I grew up in beauty since I was born.” Minghao giggled.

 

“But of course. You really are born like a king, I must say.”

 

“And you are a Queen to me.”

 

“That’s so sweet of you, thank you.”

 

“Jeonghan… I don’t usually meddle with things but I know you are still hurting since the time you left Korea. Are you okay?”

 

Jeonghan was surprised with the sympathy Minghao was showing him. “I do miss them.” he replied honestly.

 

“And… how about Seungcheol? I heard you left him miserably. Not to mention what Vernon did to him.”

 

“He’s probably hating me right now. It’s probably for the best. I do not intend to drag everybody along with my problem and I am deeply sorry for asking you so much.”

 

Minghao smiled. “Look. I can’t say I am really a changed person. I admit that I’ve done too many things you might not be able to take but- I somehow wondered what life might await for me out there without even hiding myself or you know- just being an ordinary person.”

 

“Minghao… I know that’s fascinating for you right now but you are used to a life that’s above everybody else. I doubt if you can spend a day without crying in misery.” he teased.

 

Minghao was surprised. “You think I am spoiled are you?” frowning like a kid. He was not offended. O well, just a bit but Jeonghan had a point.

 

Jeonghan, instead of asking sorry, he chuckled. “Yes.” he admitted as he teased further.

 

“You are really a tease.”

 

“I am.” he admitted. “Sorry, Minghao… it’s just me. I think I went too much. I’m getting comfortable around you.”

 

“I am relieved to hear that.” Minghao smiled. “It’s nice to have someone who I can spend time like this together.”

 

“I am glad to hear that.”

 

“Jeonghan… do you regret you left to come with me?” asked Minghao again as it bugged him terribly.

 

“No.” Jeonghan stated with a smile. “I am just worried about the people I left there. Why are you asking these, Minghao?”

 

“Because I want to make sure you are okay being with someone like me.” worried the other.

 

Jeonghan was deeply moved that Minghao realized the importance of being himself and feeling what his heart really desires. Jeonghan cupped the other’s cheek and said “Sweetheart, I am lucky to have someone like you and I am not joking. I am happy you are showing me your true self.”

 

“I am scared you will resent me once you knew the real me and the things that I’ve done.”

 

“Oh, Minghao. We can start being good friends and it starts with trust, honesty and acceptance, alright? Look, I am not a perfect person. I have done terrible things too and I am afraid that I might hurt you with this kind of favor I asked you.”

 

“You cannot hurt anybody. I know. So don’t think that way. I’m sorry I brought this up.”

 

“It’s fine, Minghao. If you want to talk, just give me a call.”

.

.

.

 

IVANOV MANSION_INSIDE THE LIBRARY

 

After Minghao brought his home, there’s been a smile on his face. Kai was extremely disturbed about it. Jeonghan even greeted him that night. “You creep me out, doll.” stated Kai to Jeonghan.

 

“Again brother… our feelings are mutual. Look at that.” teased Jeonghan with confidence.

 

Vera and the others were amused by the sight when Kai looked like he’s losing. However, it also surprised them, even Kai, that Jeonghan went in the room and closed the door just to have a private conversation with Kai.

 

“What’s up with you, creepy doll?” Kai was on high alert that time. “You are freaking me out.”

 

“It’s good to hear you’re scared to someone as harmless as me, Kai.” Jeonghan went towards him and added. “I need to tell you something.”

 

Kai displayed a suspicious look over his half sibling, as if cautious.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan pulled something out of his suit. Thank goodness it was just two small boxes but who knows it might be some kind of new technology bomb or any weapon that can kill. “I have a favor.”

 

“What are those?”

 

Jeonghan opened it and showed him two rings. One was with diamond on it and one was a simple gold ring. “These are my engagement and wedding rings.”

 

“And what am I supposed to do with those?”

 

“I want you to deliver them back to Seungcheol since I am marrying someone else. I need to cut anything that’s related to us.”

 

“Me?” asked Kai sarcastically. “You want me to deliver? Are you insane? He might kill me.”

 

“That’d be better, I guess.” Jeonghan taking it as a good suggestion.

 

Kai took it as a joke and giggled. “You really are silly. Why don’t you ask somebody else? Tristan would be nice.”

 

“Seungcheol might vent his anger out to him. I’m not gonna let that happen. If it’s to you, I’m fine with it.”

 

“Ridiculous.”

 

“You wanna do it or not? Unless you want me to do it which you would not allow.”

 

“Fine.” Kai received it.

 

“You won’t pass it to anybody else, is that clear?”

 

“I know. Now get out.”

 

“Don’t you dare throw them away.”

 

“Why would I? This may sound weird but I know the man. He deserves to know that you are abandoning him and I’d like to see his face when I take these back to him.”

 

“Good to know you can still feel some emotion, Kai.” Jeonghan smirked. “Can I have your word?”

 

“Sure. Whatever.”

.

.

.

Jun called that morning asking for his time to fit as per usual. Vera accompanied him to the shop and as he saw Jun’s face looking at Jeonghan like he always does, she whispered to Jeonghan “You know he cares so much about you, right?”

 

Jeonghan was a bit surprised. “Why would you say that?”

 

“The look on his face. He wears that whenever he sees you. I know that kid, Jeonghan. He never smile with people like that. He’s one of the greatest hitman out there. He could be as cold as ice when he kills or how he treats people. But look at him… just so you know, I can feel you are special to him. Just so you know, he’s trained well since Lance brought him in when he was younger. He cannot be easily influenced by heart. He was taught to be cold but look at him now… I could tell he’s finally found his sunshine.”

 

“Why are you telling me this?” whispering continuously while walking towards the tailor as to keep their conversation private, at least.

 

“I know he’s the one who told dad about you… but you didn’t know how much he prevented it to happen. I was there every delay. I guess he had no choice this time.”

 

“Vera, can you please st-“

 

“Listen to me, Jeonghan… this man might be cold most of the time but Jun respects and values people that are important to him. You should tell me what’s going on with you two back home. I see a special bond.” Vera teased with a smile before she went on her way to the floor to give Jeonghan to Jun for a talk.

 

DRESSING ROOM_

 

“Jun, should I tell my sister that you and I are allies?”

 

“Your call. Does it have something to do with your whispers earlier?”

 

“A bit. She suspects us.”

 

“It’s Vera. Expect more. She, amongst the Ivanovs, is the smart and observant one. She’s kind and a fighter as well.”

 

“You knew her well.”

 

“It is not hard to know about her. She’s a strong woman.” Jun smiled.

 

“May I know if she suffered a lot?”

 

“She spends her life mostly in Europe. You don’t have to worry about her.”

 

“I see. Thank you.” Looking at Jun, Jeonghan asked “Jun, is my deal good?”

 

“With Minghao? I’m afraid that’s not a good one.”

 

“Then, I’ll guess I take care of him no matter what.”

 

Jun sighed. “I told you, I can see what I can do.”

 

“I need an absolute deal, Jun. If not, I am willing to catch a bullet for him.”

 

Jun frowned. “You are really serious?”

 

“I told you, I am.”

 

“Then, I’ll try.”

 

While waiting for Jeonghan to dress up fully, Jun took what Jeonghan ordered and gave it to him. “This is the finest you can get out of the market. I couldn’t get ‘Tinker’ to do it.”

 

“This will do fine. Thank you.”

 

Jeonghan looking excited about the present, his smile was ever so bright just like what people describe angel would look like. Jun was stunned for a moment until Jeonghan called.

“Is there something wrong?”

 

“Uh-nothing. I- I need to get back to Korea for a day or two. Abbot will be the one to look over you.”

 

“Thank you. Have a safe trip.”

 

“Would you like me to give a message?”

 

“No need. I will work on it my own.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

“Be careful here.”

 

“I know that. Thank you… and Jun?” only one concern more Jeonghan wanted to say. “Just so you know, I didn’t think less of you no matter what happened in the past because I know the person I saw in you.” Jeonghan made peace after he admitted he was upset.

 

It could be felt in Jun’s expression on how relieved he have felt. “That’s very kind of you. Thank you. That, I think is the one I needed to hear right now.”

.

.

.

Wonwoo answered a call for Jeonghan in his room and heard Minghao over the line. “What can I do for you?”

 

“You are answering his phone right now?” asked Minghao in dismay when he pulled his sweetest voice over the phone.

 

“Never heard those tone when I was with you?” Wonwoo teased. Indeed like a friend.

 

“Shut up! Just give the phone to him.”

 

“He’s not here. He’s with Vera. Should I pass a message?”

 

“No thanks. Where could he be?”

 

“He’s probably at a bar near the mansion. Vera’s favorite, she says. What do you want?”

 

“None of your business. Bye.”

 

“Who’s that?” asked Kai when he caught Wonwoo.

 

“Minghao. He’s probably just misses me.”

 

“That really are into Nikita.”

 

“From the very beginning.” Wonwoo stated.

.

.

.

Minghao went to the bar Wonwoo was talking about. He knew it because he knew Vera. She’s the sensible one compared to Kai, so they really both do fine and had little talks. Besides, he meets Julia at that particular bar most of the time when he’s in business with other investors in Russia. That bar has a reputation.

 

When Minghao got into the bar, he saw Jeonghan and Julia talking without a doubt. Minghao wondered if it was just a coincidence. Probably not. Jeonghan left Seungcheol and there’s no reason for Julia not to be upset from what happened. Although he wanted to wait, he wore a strong face and approached. “It’s good to see you, Julia.”

 

“Minghao.” Obviously the two gave a two different reaction. Jeonghan wore a surprise and Julia wore a little bit sour face.

 

“You little –“ before Julia said something horrible, Jeonghan already halted.

 

“He’s not at fault. Please, let me take all your anger.”

 

“I just never thought you’d leave my son.” as Julia walked out grumpily.

 

Vera look at her at ease as she received a paper swiftly from Julia’s hands. “You all take care. I will hold my son as long as I could.”

 

“Got it.”

 

On the other hand, Minghao turned a little upset because he must admit that he got scared when he saw Julia that mad. He treated Julia his second mother. She’s cool and wild and he loved her.

 

“I wouldn’t blame her though.” stated Minghao.

 

“You and Julia… you knew each other?”

 

“I consider her a family. That’s a personal connection though.” Minghao explained.

 

“I didn’t know.”

 

“Let me handle her. I’m sure she’s upset about me.” covering the lies he knew would hurt Minghao if he’d knew. “How did you know we are here?”

 

“I called. Wonwoo answered so I asked. I need to talk to you.” seemingly urgent, Jeonghan had to go private with him due to the crowd.

 

“What is it?”

 

Minghao gave out news and information regarding EunWoo’s escape from prison. In addition to that, his plans and the people who’s possibly assigned to those cases. This time, Minghao revealed to Jeonghan that there’s someone in their side who cannot still be trusted.

 

“That means- my plan can be sabotaged.” Worried Jeonghan deeply.

 

“Don’t worry, I got this.” stated Minghao to calm Jeonghan down when he didn’t know his next move either.

 

“No, Minghao. I got to take care of this. They shouldn’t caught you in this. Thank you for the information.” This time, Jeonghan was sure Minghao was on their side now.

 

“Just call me when you need my help.”

 

Jeonghan smiled and said “Thank you for looking out for me.”

 

“My duties as your partner.” Minghao winked.

 

“You know, I think we will win.”

 

“How?”

 

“Because nothing is considered a perfect plan unless fate favors us and they gave me you. You don’t know how I owe you with so much.”

 

“I am happy to hear that but we couldn’t just lax now.”

 

“I know that so I want to ask you something, Minghao.”

 

“Just tell me what it is, I’ll do it for you.”

 

“I have to commit a crime.”

 

“Jeonghan… I don’t want you to do something you would regret.” said Minghao sweetly.

 

“I won’t if it means you, me and everyone else are free and happy.”

 

“Then, let me help.”