SUIT & TIE: Black Queen’s First Move

SUIT & TIE

 

 

DAWN_ PORT

 

Soon Young was exhausted. Same with SeokMin, he was cornered. Good thing he was armed, otherwise, he was long gone. He’s fighting for his life in every second. Soon Young remained calm by the corner. Resting as long as he could to regain his strength.

 

“This sure is a ty place to die.” He’s stuck at the barrels full of fish on a fisherman’s boat. “I smell fishy.” He uttered in his annoyance. Soon Young was under a pile of fishes to cover himself from his hunters. His only intention on staying on that boat was to rest until he unintentionally fell asleep. Last thing he knew, he was already sailing with the fishermen for their first catch.

 

At that moment, he still wasn’t aware of the things happened and changed during the time he’s gone.

 

Soon Young was alone now and it’s quite terrifying. He didn’t know if he’d be able to see the sunrise again. It’s still dark and cold. Right now, it was the safest place he could ever be. He was thinking of his family and was afraid that he’d make Jeonghan sad when he goes to his funeral.

 

“Damn! It’s not so me. I should get going and be a tiger out there.” Changing his plans and now talking to the fishermen with the cover story. Soon Young was covered with blood and being showered by the sea water once in a while. It really stings. He asked the fishermen if he could borrow a few things and asked for something to eat, if they have. While gaining his strength back, he was thinking another way of how to make contact with his allies when he get back to the port.

 

Jihoon arrived to where Jun informed him regarding the number. He became worried when no one was around the area. And as far as he’s concerned, in this wide port with not much places to hide, Soon Young would probably out there, fighting for his life.

 

“Where could he be?” asked Jihoon to himself irritably.

 

Chan was there to focus on the news through the radio in the car.

 

“This operation was clearly of our disadvantage. I should make a call of the cops.” Predicting that this could get worst, Jihoon calmed himself down to think of a solution.

 

“Maybe we should call some of your friends to share with the credits.  We might found something here.” looking at the cargo boxes near the area from a shipping vessel. “You think that’ll help?”

 

“Not bad. But we need to make sure we get something here.”

 

“I’m sure there’s at least one in there.” smiling as he pointed out a familiar Xu owned small vessel beside the big one.

 

Jihoon smirked “Damn it, Jeonghan! You better be doing your magic there. We can’t hold on this long. Our luck would have burned out… It would be nice if I could punch you some other time.” he sighed as he dialed his friends’ numbers on his car landline. “I have to choose the ambitious ones. Small time politicians it is.”

.

.

.

While JaeWon’s team were heading to Mingyu’s suspected place of where SeokMin could be, he managed to call the police and give orders just in case. “Bring ambulance too.” Mingyu added.

 

JaeWon was driving as fast as he could with hopes high of rescuing his son from danger. “I cannot let this happen anymore.”

 

“JaeWon ssi, I know we have to hurry but we better yet be careful as well.”

 

“I know. I’m sorry it’s just that, I can’t help but think that I-“

 

Mingyu knew the tension the older could feel so he said “Your three sons are troublesome, JaeWon sii. I know you knew that already but let me remind that you and Judge Yoon raised them. They sure deserve a hell a lot of expectation that they can win this.” Mingyu smiled putting his trust to the Yoons. “They’ve done miracles for people. They could do it on themselves too.”

 

<<

 

SeokMin knew about Joshua’s true intentions not so long ago. It was totally calculated as per what DK suspected before. He knew Joshua couldn’t be trusted. He must admit that he believed the man at first, but things didn’t fit in. He had doubts that why he tried to finish him that night. It was so happened that Minhyuk appeared from nowhere and convince Joshua that he’s the real thing. Nevertheless, he gave chances and gave Joshua the benefit of the doubt. He played along saying that he’s trying to get rid of the one tracking all of them (which was Jun), so he could move freely. He made the gun an excuse to make the act more real. Its just that, he didn’t sure if Joshua also bought the story.

 

When he consulted Jeonghan about it the night they met when he revealed he’s caught by the Russians. Jeonghan thought it would be safer to keep Joshua for a while regardless of what could possible role he was playing as it was still unclear. True enough, Joshua led him to Vernon under EunWoo’s captivity.

 

SeokMin took Jeonghan’s advice. He knew he couldn’t do anything about the situation unless there’s some revelation. Moreover, Jeonghan couldn’t handle another problem. All he could do now was to lessen the burden from Jeonghan’s shoulders.

 

“Hyung, I’m sorry from what I did to your family.”

 

“Jeonghan, how many times are we going to be in the same subject? I told you it’s none of our fault. Now, let’s end the past in order to live in the future, hear me?”

 

“Hyung, I’m scared. I didn’t expect Jun could do this. That he was the one whom my family hired to find me.”

 

“Son of a ! So they are all in the same side.”

 

“Hyung, Jun was of Ivanovs. I don’t know about Joshua.”

 

“Now that you told me that, there’s something about Jun that I couldn’t quite figure out because his actions doesn’t add up. He’s confusing me more that Joshua.”

 

“I felt the same. You think he’s playing sides?”

 

“But he’s the one who revealed you.”

 

“I couldn’t think of any reason he has in mind right now other than revenge. It’s got to be something.” Jeonghan suspected.

 

“Maybe he’s the real deal here. I mean he could both play both an agent and a hired mercenary of some sort for a mission. Let’s just make sure where his side is.”

 

Jeonghan agreed and nodded.

 

“Jeonghan. Focus on your goal. Yours is much bigger than we all have. Let me do my magic.” Smiled DK confidently.

 

Jeonghan was completely clueless on what DK was trying to say.

 

“Believe in your older brother, can you?”

 

“I always believe in you.” Smiled Jeonghan. “Then, do whatever you have to do. I need to perform my own show.”

 

“Alright. Hang in there. I know we don’t have much time. Let’s make sure this ends well once and for all.”

 

“Thank you. Be careful.”

 

“You be careful too. Update me. I will go to collude with Jun with some facts. I can use your exposure over my deal with Minghao. This comes handy somehow. You sure you really want to go like this? I know your time limit became shorter but are you ready for this? Do you want me to delay?”

 

“There’s no point. They will still get me and I still have to go there no matter what anyway. We already planned this. No backing out for me.”

 

“Alright. Be brave little brother. And can you please control our little cub. His moves are getting dangerous.”

 

“I will.”

 

_END OF FLASH BACK>>>

 

Time was of importance. Mingyu and JaeWon came at the place running, trying to find where the hell DK was when they heard a shot right just a few meters from them.

 

“SeokMin-ah” JaeWon couldn’t help but imagine what he feared. He ran anxiously getting ready with his gun.

 

On the other hand, Joshua sensed someone coming, he ran but both caught up with each other.

 

“Mingyu, please find my son.” Mingyu, despite surprised with the fact that he just learned what their true relationship was, ran as fast as he could to find DK with his radio on directing the medics.

 

A few seconds later, he found DK lying on the ground soaking on his own blood. “DK!” should Mingyu as he went towards the poor man. “Hey buddy, I’m here now. Hang in there.”

 

Mingyu was relieved they still had the chance when he saw DK breathing, on the top of that, he’s still conscious. “What took you so long?” DK uttered as he heard the exchange of fires not from a far. “I gave you a clue. Did you call?” sounded a little pissed but somehow he’s just acting it with a smirk.

 

“Save your energy. Damn it DK! This is not the time to joke around, you fool! Clue? That clue was so random. I couldn’t know until I talked to Jihoon and yeah, I called your house and had no idea I was responsible for blowing up your home.”

 

Meanwhile, SeokMin managed to smile. “I thought, you wouldn’t crack it down, moron.” Said him in almost inaudible sound. “Thanks for coming.”

 

“Don’t thank me yet. Not until you are safe.” said Mingyu looking worried on how DK could make it. He’s full of blood. He’s lucky the bullet didn’t went piercing his heart from the commotion Joshua had sensed earlier. The military were backing Mingyu, DK and the medics from the exchange of fires not too far from the area.

 

JaeWon wasn’t young anymore but he could fight in his beastly manner for his son. “You will pay for what you did to my son.” he grunted.

 

“!” Joshua running out of breath. He thought the old man’s skills hadn’t decrease a bit. Joshua felt he’s on match with him. Moreover, he was already injured. “Old man! I will do this quickly. Mark my word I would make it easy for you.” panting as Joshua shouted.

 

“Kid, you’ve got still a lot to learn.” JaeWon cornering Joshua by the tree and without any doubt, shoot him on the chest. Leaving the lifeless impostor behind, JaeWon ran back to his son. He saw DK on a stretcher fighting for his life.

 

“JaeWon ssi, go be with your son. I can take care of this.” Mingyu suggested.

 

Right after he’s done with his duty, Mingyu find a way to dial Jeonghan’s number in Russia to update him as soon as possible.

 

“May I know who’s this?” answered Jeonghan.

 

“Jeonghan, it’s me.”

 

Recognizing the voice “What made you call?”

 

“Your brother gave a ty puzzle for me to crack, it took me a hell lot of a time to figure out.” Then remembered that that envelop had gone through people who might go in and out of the house and who knows if they’d peak in them. “We found Attorney but he’s in bad shape.”

 

It shattered Jeonghan’s heart. Moreover, Mingyu also included that the officer had gone missing.

 

“I see. Thank you for the information.”

 

“Hey. I’d just like to tell you that- I will be true to my deal. Watch your back there. Don’t worry about us here. We are still intact.”

 

“Thank you.”

 

“You keep safe.”

 

“You too. Please, keep me posted.”

 

“Sure. One more thing, Jeonghan. SeokMin said something like ‘It’s effective to gather evidence in action.’” Stated Mingyu before hanging up. That’s when Jeonghan knew how he’d move forward.

.

.

.                                                      

Right after that call, Jeonghan stood up and called Vernon. “It’s time to move.”

 

“You got it.” Vernon smirked. “Then, I should go now.”

 

Jeonghan nodded with a pale face. Vernon became worried. “I shouldn’t be worried about you, right hyung?”

 

Jeonghan looked at him with a forced smile. “Go on, Vernon. I will be fine. Just make sure you will come back to me alive.”

 

Vernon could tell how bad it was with that call but Vernon had his promised duty.

 

On the other hand, Wonwoo was called upon by Jeonghan’s room.

 

“Wonwoo…” held the younger’s hand “Seokmin got terribly shot and Soon Young is still missing.” Trembled Jeonghan.

 

“I will find him. I will reach out to a trusted one of mine. Worry not, he’ll be fine.” He smiled.

 

Jeonghan held Wonwoo’s hands “You’ll get caught.” He was worried too many people hurting would break him.

 

“You always worry, hyung. Let us do what we have to do. Take pride because everyone of us are stronger and wiser than everybody else here. We’ll fight with you. Don’t do this alone. We are all going to fight until the end.” Embraced Wonwoo. “I envy Soon Young for having you as his brother. Thank you for taking care of me.”

 

“You have to stay alive. Please.”

 

“Sure I will. I survived Minghao for years.” He giggled and it made Jeonghan at ease.

.

.

.

 

IVANOV HALL

 

The two families were finalizing their contract regarding the shares. Minghao gave Jeonghan half of his business while Gavril gave Jeonghan three of his top ones to assure the other family that the contract was fair.

 

“How about the underground?” asked Gavril.

 

“I will take care of it, Gavril. I don’t want getting my future spouse’s hands dirty.”

 

“Trying to be a martyr like Seungcheol.” Kai smirked.

 

“No. I think Jeonghan could perform well in the legal matter. Besides, who do you think is responsible for the expansion of the Chois. They almost declared their bankruptcy before. Look at them now.” defended Minghao.

 

“You’ve got a point.” Gavril boasted feeling proud of his favorite son. On the other hand, Kai was pretty insulted on how his father and now the other side hyped Nikita. It’s as if they’re slapping him on how better Nikita was compared to him. Kai remained calm despite the rage erupting inside of him.

.

.

.

KOREA_

 

Jun was hurrying. He had no time left. The wedding would be soon and there were still a lot more to fix. Jun went to Lancelot to find Olivia. He was surprised when he found Julia too.

 

“How’s the mission going?” asked Julia.

 

“I assumed you are updated.” Jun answered as he continued the latest. “Atty. Lee is in critical condition. Soon Young is still missing. I learned from Jeonghan that Vernon had to do some things while Wonwoo stayed with him.”

 

“Your next plan?” asked Olivia.

 

“I should solve this before the big day. By the way, we changed our roles. We still haven’t discussed the whole plan but we are up to it. First, I’ve got to clean this mess. Would you mind talking to Congressman Mingyu about the evidence we gathered with Atty. Lee’s case?”

 

“Sure.”

 

In their surprise, Minhyuk went at the same place. “Sorry but I couldn’t sit there and do nothing.”

 

“Oh dear Minhyuk!” Julia was happy seeing how Minhyuk was “Son, leave this to us. I need you to rest and fully recovered.”

 

“You need my help.” Minhyuk stated as he gave all the information he had with the Keeper. “This will help. It also came to me that DK planned to get them in action. That’s, I should say, a brilliant idea. These evidence could be altered. Eunwoo still has control of the government, so it’s better if we get him in action.”

 

“EunWoo went to our house.” Mingyu revealed coming after the other. “I asked Seungcheol to take care of him.”

 

“He’s probably meeting with EunWoo. I hope he could act well with his mind cluttered.”

 

“If you mind, may I know the history of why instead of Cha and Choi getting married, Jeonghan was the one you chose?” asked Jun. “EunWoo obviously liked Seungcheol.” he added as to what he observed.

 

“I am not sure, but we are technically close back then. EunWoo was a darling. Everybody likes him.” reported Minhyuk “As for Seungcheol, he was EunWoo’s knight and shining armor. He likes to play high and mighty but I know it’s not Eunwoo whom he like. In fact, he only loved him as a sibling like Vernon.” Minhyuk chuckled.

 

Julia sighed.

 

Minhyuk chuckled as he revealed “Julia, did you know he had a crush before? That’s the first time he talked to me regarding that matter. I knew it was love at first sight.”

 

All in that room became intrigued. “I want to know.”

 

“You’ll be surprised that it’s Jeonghan.” Minhyuk started to talk and tell Seungcheol’s tale to everybody. “He was managing one of the ships when he saw Jeonghan. Instantly he said ‘I fell in love with someone. He looks like an angel.’ The very words he said to me. I will never forget that. I knew it was Jeonghan right there when he described him.”

 

“How are you so sure?”

 

“The next time we are together in the ship, he was by the other side of deck on the top of the ship looking at him.”

 

“I thought you loved him.” interrupted Mingyu. “Why didn’t you marry him instead?”

 

“I do but I am already risking my life. I couldn’t risk his for mine. When JaeWon went to us, I was surprised that we all are connected. I gave him to Seungcheol because I know he’d do anything to protect Jeonghan. We arranged their marriage immediately.” Minhyuk smiled looking at their faces sympathizing over him. “I didn’t regret my decision and believe it or not, I am happy for them.”

 

“If that’s the case, EunWoo might be shocked with the news?” asked Jun.

 

“Bet he was. I remembered his face.”

 

“Well, that explains why EunWoo started attacking Jeonghan when he had chance.” remembering every single situation he or Vernon discovered some random attacker which Jeonghan didn’t know. Not to mention the chase with gun men feasting them with bullets along the road.

 

“He did?” Mingyu appeared so surprised.

 

“That’s what Vernon reported to me. You didn’t know anything about him. That’s why I was surprised when I heard you and him were married.”

 

“Seungcheol did warn me.”

 

“Mingyu, I am afraid EunWoo has been involved in this kind of business long before the Choi’s were involved. The decision was his’.” Julia revealed. “I know EunWoo was a dangerous kid and that’s why I was against him with any of my dear boys (Choi brothers).”

 

“Yuhp! She was part of that decision.” Minhyuk chuckled.

 

“But I didn’t know you liked Jeonghan. I should’ve known.” Worried Julia.

 

“Like I said, if I had the chance to do it again, I will.” Minhyuk confidently answered.

 

“Thanks! I will trace EunWoo’s whereabouts now. Maybe we should find Soon Young the soonest.” stated Jun aware of the time running.

.

.

.

Jun’s first guess and first stop would be in Seungcheol’s home. It’s already late yet no one was in there. Jun noticed that there was lamp left on beside the landline. Jun had to check. He entered the house and saw the phone hanging slightly up as if it was used recently.

 

Jun thought of calling the police. He learned that Soon Young was deployed for a mission with international collaborations. It was highly classified. Since the information was impossible to get, he used his other code name ‘Allegro’ to find where Soon Young could possibly was.

 

It was about dawn when he was about to go out, Seungcheol met him by his doors. In surprise, Seungcheol said “What are you doing here?”

 

“Thought EunWoo would still be in this place.”

 

“I gave him money to rent another apartment.”

 

“Have you had any calls?”

 

“Not that I know. I’ve been busy collecting these.” Seungcheol presenting some of EunWoo contacts.

 

“What did you do this time, Seungcheol?” Jun asked afraid that Seungcheol was going out of line.

 

“All I could do was to follow them. I got to trace one after another so when it comes a time we need this, we could use them. For now, leave the others to me.”

 

“I understand. Well done. By the way, I think EunWoo went here recently and received a call.” pointing at the landline hanging slightly.

 

“!” Seungcheol murmured. “I hope he didn’t find out anything about our plans yet.”

 

“We cannot allow it. I’ll be moving. I think I know where to find Soon Young. You should keep watch from here. I will contact you.”

 

Seungcheol agreed.

.

.

.

PYEONGTAEK PORT_MORNING

 

Soon Young succeeded to land on the port safely. He regained energy and now he needed to hide once more until the person he called came by.

 

At the very moment, EunWoo brought his men at the same port to search for two possible reasons. First, EunWoo needed to secure his products and second, he had to find Soon Young for a sole purpose of revenge.

 

Shipments were all in good condition. No one had touched them by far as some of the men they deployed were EunWoo’s. Unfortunately, among the good cop included in the operation, Soon Young was the only one to survive.

 

“Find the cop! Nobody stops until he found him.”

 

“How do we know if he’s still alive, boss?”

 

“Well, I got a call yesterday.” EunWoo smirked.

 

 

FLASHBACK_

 

EunWoo visited Seungcheol one last time to give his thanks and apologies when someone called unexpectedly. “Hyung.” called Soon Young panting. He wasn’t aware that Seungcheol was not in the house. “I need help. I will wait here at the Pyeongtaek port. Will try to get near of this payphone, use this number. Call me back.” talked Soon Young nonstop as he was in a hurry.

 

END OF FLASHBACK_

 

Jihoon, on the other hand, was searching for Soon Young as well. The location was given by Jun at the last minute. From there on he and Chan wasn’t stopping at all. Meanwhile, Seungcheol was trying to rest since he was no rest since Jeonghan left. He thought he could trust Jun with Soon Young hoping he’d be fine until he’s found.

 

“Have you found any?” asked Jun meeting them by the port.

 

“Nothing.” Jihoon gritted.

 

“EunWoo might be here so you better be careful.”

 

“What?”

 

“He knows.”

 

“How?”

 

“We suspected EunWoo visited Seungcheol’s residence while he was gone. He might have answered a call meant for us.”

 

“Son of a ! We’ll keep looking.” responded the Governor. “Don’t you dare die yet, Soon Young.” he murmured.

 

While searching, EunWoo might have spotted Jun “The tailor.” He smirked “This is interesting. I should have him under control.”

.

.

As soon as EunWoo tried to dial the phone number under the dial tone, one payphone rang loud and clear. One of EunWoo’s men happened to be around. Before Soon Young could answer, one of EunWoo’s men knocked him out.

 

“Gotcha!” said a big man carrying the unconscious Soon Young on his shoulders. He signaled the one who’s near the payphone to answer while paying the fisherman who told him the location. “Thank you for the information, old man. I hope you are satisfied with the reward.”

 

The poor man had his smile all over his face thinking that they could finally use some money for his family. In exchange of a single stranger.

 

PAYPHONE_

 

“We got him, sir.”

 

“He has a very distinct facial features. You should make sure it’s him.”

 

“Positive.” answered the men.