SUIT & TIE: Pre Wedding Gift

SUIT & TIE

 

 

EunWoo sold the poor young officer to the man who’d really want to torture him. He called Kai directly knowing that he’s the most brutal among the family.

 

“Hello?” answered Kai with an irritated voice after two consecutive negotiations with the Pre-Nuptial.

 

“Kai? You sound extremely pissed.”

 

“What do you want? Make it fast. I’m not in the mood.”

 

“Alright. I have the rat who’s been responsible with the busts of our products. He’s got a good skills, it was hard for me to track him down. Take care of him for me.”

 

The annoyance was slightly lifted on Kai’s face. “Let me handle that bastard.” said with a smirk on his face.

 

“Guess what? He’s Jeonghan’s little brother. What a coincidence.”

 

“Very well.”

 

“You’ve got a good weapon right here, Kai. I know you hated your missing brother so much. He’s even challenging your ability even though he’s gone. Am I right?”

 

“Yeah. He’s like a ghost hunting us for years. He’s still insulting me. I am terribly pissed at him right now, I want to just kill him.”

 

“But you need him right?”

 

“That’s the bad reality.” Kai smirked. “But, I can still wait a little longer.”

 

“We should plan together. I’m going to propose something because I need that little brother of yours so bad. He’s done a lot to me. I need my revenge.”

 

“How about the assets?”

 

EunWoo was surprised that Kai wasn’t a part of it from the way he talks. “Why do you worry about it?”

 

“Because Minghao gave too much credit to that pesky little doll. His accreditations was like of a genius, he said.” And a grunt of hatred in his speech.

 

EunWoo smirked. “You can’t blame Minghao. He’s got a lot of income from your brother, Kai. He’s a smart one. Let me tell you this. When he came and be a part of the Chois, their income recovered drastically.”

 

“Are you here to insult me or what?”

 

“Oh no, honey. I trust you that’s why I am proposing business to you.”

 

“I’m sorry, I might have to invite you here (Russia).”

 

“Sure. No problem. I’m planning to have a long vacation there as well.”

 

“Let’s win, partner.” Toasted Kai on the phone.

 

“Win win for us.”

.

.

.

“Boss. This is bad.” Jun’s team called from their posts in Pyeongtaek. “I spotted Soon Young. He’s being carried by men on a yacht.

 

“Do you know where they’re headed?”

 

“I saw Mr. Cha riding the yacht.”

 

“.” Jun murmured. “Keep an eye.”

 

“Boss, we are not capable of following them right now. All we could do is to alert the post guards in China, Japan and Russia to update us if there’s an unusual vessel on their port.”

 

“Alright. Do that. Will be back to Russia as soon as possible.”

.

.

.

Jun told the team that they had Soon Young. It appeared that it was a set up made by people who still sided EunWoo.

 

“Where are they taking Soon Young?” asked Seungcheol worriedly.

 

“I have no idea yet but they travel by sea. It will take time.” stated Jun.

 

Jihoon was all worried for him and for things to come when he’s not around. “What should we do now?”

 

“Can he survive?” asked Chan.

 

“We don’t know.” Jun replied. “All we could do now is to wait for the news coming from my men.”

 

“If EunWoo is free now, he can just tell anybody that I am just playing along their game for the sake of evidence.” stated Mingyu.

 

“I will help.” stated Jihoon who knew some people inside the underground.

 

“You sure? Soon Young specifically told you to stay away from this.”

 

“They are my family’s friend, Mingyu. They will buy our story once they’ve seen us together.”

 

“And how about the announcement you made regarding a raid?” asked Seungcheol. “They will suspect you."

 

“It was just one event. I can explain things.”

 

“That’s a dangerous move, Jihoon. I prefer not to. Moreover, I think EunWoo’s focus now is not his business but revenge with Jeonghan.”

 

“Then… Jeonghan is in danger.” Seungcheol uttered worriedly.

 

“Can I leave this thing with you guys?”

 

“We’ll get through somehow.” Mingyu assumed.

 

“You’ll be fine. The real ‘Tailor’ is with you.” Jun smiled in relief. “I’ll update you.”

 

HOSPITAL_

 

“How was he?” asked Jihoon worriedly. He’s obviously missing his cousin.

 

“I don’t know, Jihoon but hopefully he could recover.” stated JaeWon.

 

“He’s a fighter. Don’t worry.” added Seungcheol.

 

SeokMin was comma due to some complications with the blood loss and infections. He was past ICU now, so all they wished now was his fast recovery.

.

.

.

RUSSIA_

 

While the men left in Korea were preparing for the big event, Jun went back to Russia for his solo mission. He was staying home in Lancelot when Vernon came knocking by his door that night.

 

“What can I do for you?” asked Jun with surprised expression.

 

Vernon didn’t utter any word but walked aside as he exposed Jeonghan in his cover up.

 

“Jun, I heard what happened. Have you seen Soon Young yet?”

 

“Not yet, Jeonghan but we are doing our best to find him…. Come in. What brings you here?”

 

“Jun… I’m sorry, I didn’t tell you everything I had in mind that time. I was so confused and I didn’t know who to trust.”

 

“I understand that. You better keep that in mind.”

 

“Do I have the deal with Minghao?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“I do have but in two conditions. He confess to everything and the people involved. He’d leave no more no less. Once he gets caught lying, he’s straight up for prison. Not only that, all illegal businesses would be shut down and all his assets will be frozen until he’s totally cleared.”

 

“How long will that be?”

 

“It could take years, Jeonghan. I am sorry but that’s the best deal I can do for him.”

 

“What if they wrote the assets on my name?”

 

“That wouldn’t be a problem.” stated Jun.

 

“Can he roam around freely?”

 

“House arrest, if that’s what you are referring to.”

 

Jeonghan felt bad about it but he needed to tell Minghao about it.

 

“I know it’s hard for you to tell but I’m sure he’ll understand that he deserve that. He could get worse.” Vernon interrupted.

 

Jeonghan agreed. “Jun, I know your plans have changed and so am I.”

 

“That I could not deny but for the safety of this operation, I cannot tell you everything but let me prepare you instead for things to come.”

 

Jeonghan understood.

 

“I will take orders from you once I need it but you can never ask ours unless we tell you.” Jun stated. “If Minghao was on board with us, then, I think he should be introduced to our players as well.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. “You sure you want to do that?”

 

“If you trust him, we should. Why? Is there something wrong?” asked Jun.

 

“It’s just that, you think Minghao will be fine after they stripped everything of him?”

 

“You are worried?” scoffed Jun. “But do you trust him?”

 

“Yes.” Jeonghan confirmed.

 

“That’s enough as an answer. I will set a meeting between Minghao, you and agents to help you explain everything to him. After that, Minghao should understand that he would make a bluff.”

 

Jeonghan nodded as he explained things that he promised him to Minghao. Jun was surprised about it and immediately disagree. However, Jeonghan was determined with whatever he promised. He also stated that he’d stay in Russia to control his father’s companies and assets if their operation would be successful. The only problem was Kai. Jeonghan knew he’d never let him get all the power and the money. He’s too invested in it, he could go to war. He also told Jun his and Minghao’s plan in order to get rid of Kai but it required a good soldier to deliver it. Vernon was the soldier he was talking about. Jun didn’t agree or disagree because he wasn’t so sure what’s going to happen on the next days. Jun advised them to lay low for a while.

 

“Jun, we need to finish this now. This has gone too far.” Jeonghan begged.

 

“I am aware of that but what you are planning will put you and Vernon in danger. Moreover, putting Kai in prison alone won’t work. His greed is too much. Remember, even if he could be in prison, he can still hold power just like EunWoo.”

 

“I know.”

 

“By the way, I think he’s coming for you next.” Jun warned.

 

“I don’t care. I could meet him eye to eye.”

 

“You don’t know how dangerous he is.”

 

“I know, Jun. Believe me.”

 

 

PORTS OF RUSSIA_ 2 Days after departing from Korea

 

Eunwoo together with Soon Young and his men successfully docked on the Russian port. As per plan, EunWoo was supposed to meet Kai the very moment they arrived.

 

“At last!” Kai greeted. “It’s been a while.”

 

“I was busy.”

 

“I sure heard a lot.” stated Kai. “What are you gonna do now?”

 

“Nothing. I just want to play a little bit.” EunWoo smirked. “All I could do now is to watch Jeonghan fall.”

 

“Sure does.”

 

“Kai, there’s something you should know.”

 

“I’m listening.”

 

“I believe Jun is a hell of a mystery.”

 

“Sure he is.”

 

“May I know what role does he have with you?”

 

“He’s Lancelot’s son. Obviously he works for us when he’s got an order.”

 

EunWoo frowned. “I don’t get it. Are you aware that he’s working as a CIA agent?”

 

“Yes.”

 

It surprised EunWoo. “Then you know that he’s working on some rades?”

 

“Eunwoo, he’s that complicated. He sometimes play by rules but some other days he’s crossing lines. He’s complicated as he is mysterious.”

 

“And did you know that some of our trades are-“

 

“Confiscated. Yeah. We know and as we are as pissed as it is, we need to understand that he needed to bust to be trusted in their agency.”

 

“Does he know your trades?”

 

“No. Not in particular. They decide which one is to get or not.”

 

“And you allow it?”

 

“We consider them spoilage.” Kai explained. “Why are you very fond of knowing about Jun? He cannot be known actually.”

 

“I see. He is indeed an extraordinary person.” Keeping what he saw by the port. Although he’s with nobody but other agents, for all he knew. Despite knowing Governor Lee was at the same place as well, EunWoo thought he’s probably looking for Officer Yoon at the same time.

 

Eunwoo presented Soon Young at last. “Kai, this is Soon Young. Soon Young this is Kai, Jeonghan’s real brother.”

 

“So… we finally have met.” Kai chuckled.

 

Soon Young was glaring like a tiger when he stated “You bastard!”

 

“I could make a good use of him.” Kai thought.

 

“Sure does.” Eunwoo respond. “What are you going to do with him?”

 

“He could make a good pre wedding gift.” Kai smirked. “Thank you for bringing him to me.” Looking at Eunwoo, he asked “What do you want from me, my dear friend?”

 

“Simple. I want Jeonghan suffer more than what he did to me.”

 

“You can count me in. I am very willing to do everything to make that happen.”

.

.

.

 

Agents reported Jun that there’s a suspicious yacht arrived at the port. That night he called for Jeonghan and he came in the middle of the night after sneaking out of their mansion.

 

“Jeonghan, I think Soon Young is now in Kai’s hands.”

 

Jeonghan trembled when he heard the news. Vernon, on the contrary, got himself ready for rescue.

 

“Jun, tell me what to do.” stated Vernon.

 

“For now, we cannot tell yet. Nobody has gone near that yacht but we already confirm that it was EunWoo’s property.”

 

“I cannot let anything happen to my brother, Jun. Please keep him safe.” Jeonghan begged.

 

“I will do my best.”

 

“No. Let me handle EunWoo. I will try to sneak in tonight. I will be back.” Looking at Jun, Vernon said “Please look after Jeonghan hyung. I will not take long.”

 

“Be careful.” reminded Jeonghan

 

Vernon smiled and said “Hyung, you should know by now how good I am at my job. Trust me like you always do.”

 

Jeonghan displayed his confidence over the man.

 

After Vernon left, both were quiet when Jun suddenly stated “I’m sorry, Jeonghan.”

 

Jeonghan smiled sweetly. It also indicated how relieved he was “I knew it.”

 

Jun was surprised with how Jeonghan responded but he quickly gave a smile as well. “I should’ve known.”

 

Jun was preparing a freshly brewed tea and cookies like the old regular times.

 

“This is nice. You are my safe place, I guess. It never changes.”

 

Jun smiling on what he’s hearing, he teased “I thought you might want to kill me when you looked me in the eye that moment.” referring to the moment he went back after Jun revealed Jeonghan to his Russian family.

 

“I would have. I am so pissed it had to be early.”

 

Jun frowned. “It had to be early what?”

 

“SeokMin was supposed to do that for me. I had him deal with Minghao. This is unexpected but it worked out just fine. I just don’t know how bad it could get.”

 

“That’s why you told me to tell Minghao. Actually, DK might have proposed that to me as well. I didn’t just take it seriously.” replied in realization. “Since when did you plan going to this side?” asked curiously.

 

“When I first met my father and brother after a long time. I knew it had got to be this way in order to end this madness.”

 

“You are audacious. I am no match compared to you.”

 

“Say, how are they in Korea?” asked Jeonghan.

 

“They’re in trouble but they can manage. And Seungcheol… Jeonghan, he’s lost when you left.”

 

Jeonghan might already knew about that and replied. “He will just do fine without me.”

 

“You know that is not true.”

 

Jeonghan was surprised. Looking at the man in front of him, suddenly, it felt like the first time they’ve met. Jun was like that of a knight and shining armor, to be honest. Jeonghan became curious that time and asked “You aren’t here for revenge, are you?”

 

“I am not done with it but I might be venting it out to the wrong person.” Jun admitted.

 

“What changes?”

 

“When I discovered the man behind all of these mess. He was a terrible man, Jeonghan. I wish I could’ve discovered earlier.”

 

“Lancelot.” Jeonghan guessed correctly.

 

“How did you-“

 

“He died, Jun. He died the night I saw my father with blood on his shirt and a scent of your shop’s perfume in him.”

 

“You smelled that?” asked Jun curiously. “I am surprised you can come up with a solid conclusion only with those hints.”

 

“What do you expect growing up with a father who’s an agent? He always gets into trouble. Besides, I am fond of your shop. I cannot miss its scent.” Jeonghan giggled. “I just find the answer right now, Jun. Don’t be ridiculous.”

 

Jun was impressed. It’s been a while since they’ve had a talk like this before. It’s calming for him too. Since it might be the only night they would have this time together, Jun asked “If you had a normal life, what would you like to be?”

 

Jeonghan smiled “You got curious, huh? Now that you asked…hmmm” Jeonghan sighed and think before answering “I really want to have a family of my own. I want to live by the beach and I want to have a small board game business maybe. I want to create games that’ll make you think. Oh! And a café would be nice.”

 

“That fits you well.”

 

“How about you?”

 

“If you have that kind of business, then I want to collect all of them.” He stated “And maybe try theatre.”

 

“Honestly, Jun, I can see you on that profession. I could even attend every show you’d make. That’s interesting. And thank you so much for wanting to buy the game boards I might make.”

 

“I think, that’d be fun. If these are all finished, you could continue that dream of yours.”

 

“You could too.”

 

“I cannot just leave CIA. It’s got a lot of paper works after this.” Jun giggled jokingly.

 

“Well, I should’ve started my business when you’re done with the paper works. You can buy anytime!” Jeonghan excitedly stated.

 

“That’d be nice.”