SUIT & TIE: Rooks In Parallel

SUIT & TIE

 

 

Kai, upon the request were worried about the strange favor he should grant. He believed that what Jeonghan told him about the reason why he wanted him to personally give the rings back to Seungcheol was true. The ‘Seungcheol killing him’ part. Seungcheol could if he wanted to, though. HetThen, he sat by himself thinking of what to do.

 

Later on, Kai called for their youngest, Wonwoo. “What do you want?” asked the other coldly.

 

“Come here.” Stated Kai. “Call Seungcheol.”

 

“Why can’t you?”

 

“Yeah. For now. Just testing the waters first.”

 

“What do you want me to tell him?”

 

“That Jeonghan wanted to give something back. And my safety comes first.”

 

Wonwoo find Kai’s request absurd. “You sound like a stupid coward.” He teased bravely. Well, he’s glad he had the chance to actually call him that. He thought that it was for everybody Kai insulted in his whole life. It felt amazing.

 

Kai looked disbelief of what Wonwoo said “You know, my doubt of you being our youngest was running low. No doubt you have our blood.”

 

“That .” Wonwoo walking away without knowing the importance of Kai’s order.

 

“No. I’m serious. Give the man a call.” Handing him the rings Jeonghan gave. “You see him. I don’t have much time to go to Korea myself.”

 

Wonwoo smirked. “You scared of him, huh?” looking at the ring. “What is this for?”

 

“That’s Jeonghan’s engagement and wedding rings from Seungcheol.”

 

“Seungcheol has much of a reason to kill you when he sees you delivering these back.” He analyzed.

 

“Exactly. Well then, you need to go by yourself.”

 

“What about Gavril?”

 

“You mean your dad too?” Kai scoffed. “You are nothing to him anyway. We don’t need to secure you. Nikita is the most important person now.”

 

“And if I don’t come back?”

 

“No one will know. Probably Vera is the only person will look for you. Nikita wouldn’t bother looking out for you since he’s got plenty on his plates right now.

 

“You really care for nothing but power and money, don’t you?”

 

“Nothing more, nothing less, youngest. Besides, what should I fear when I am the only legitimate child in this family? Although Vera is my full blood sibling, she doesn’t have the right to be the next leader, you see. She’s a woman.”

 

“Fine. I’ll go tomorrow morning.”

 

“Do what you want to do. Just do it before the engagement. I don’t care if you come back. Pain in the .”

 

Before Wonwoo could ever step out of the room, Kai threatened him. “Don’t you just tell Nikita that I handed them to you.”

 

“So, you really are a coward.” mocked the younger.

 

“Say whatever you want. I don’t want to go back in that place with a hungry tiger.”

 

“Yeah. Because you are really a dead meat.”

.

.

.

Wonwoo went inside his room looking at the ring Kai gave. “What’s with Jeonghan now?” thoughts came in his mind. “Why should it be Kai? Should I let Jeonghan know?”

 

Going back and forth, the ring was making him crazy. The motive was unknown. Only one is for sure, Kai would die if he’d give it to Seungcheol personally.

 

“Should Kai do it?” the knock on the door shocked Wonwoo wildly.

 

“Wonwoo ya.” Called Jeonghan from behind the walls as soon as he came back. Wonwoo couldn’t answer as fast because he had spaced out at some point when he suddenly heard “Ya! What happened to you? Why are you not answering? Are you there?” the other called in panic thinking what may happen to Wonwoo since he was left behind on his own.

 

Wonwoo opened the door frantically. “Why? Why? Why?” truly living as brothers, he acted very comfortable with the other.

 

Jeonghan was dumbfounded on how Wonwoo was concerned and now panicking. “Ya. Why didn’t you answer fast?”

 

“Can’t you wait for just a moment? You know that rooms here are hard to walk because it’s too big. What is happening with you anyway?”

 

“I don’t know. Tell me.” Pushing Wonwoo inside the room. “Why did Kai summon you? I heard from Vernon.” observing his whole body as if it was an emergency. “Did he hurt you? Huh?”

 

Wonwoo didn’t know what to do. He was having fun he would say. Getting Jeonghan’s attention was great, but he’s sometimes, a bit… over reacting. “You know… I somehow has a gist of how Soon Young feels around you.”

 

“What?”

 

“You are over reacting. I’m fine.” Wonwoo giggled feeling glad that somehow, even if their relationship was just a play, he felt like a family.

 

“You scared the hell out of me.”

 

“You scared me too, hyung!” now bickering like siblings. “Hey, why did you give Kai your rings?”

 

Knowing that it was already delivered to Wonwoo, Jeonghan locked the door and whispered. “So, he really gave it to you.” Jeonghan smiled.

 

“Yes. He said to bring this back to Mr. Choi before your engagement with Minghao. Do you really plan to kill Kai?”

 

Jeonghan chuckled. “If it is possible. But I should say I have another plan for it. Kai gave in so fast.” Giving the instructions to Wonwoo, Jeonghan had this look on his face like he’s teaching a toddler. “When are you flying back?”

 

“Tomorrow morning.”

 

Jeonghan pinched Wonwoo’s cheeks like a child. “Good. Then, please be safe.”

 

After discussing about what he wanted to say to Seungcheol, Wonwoo had this in his mind and asked. “What are you thinking?”

 

Jeonghan seemed to be serious now and said “I just want to end this very soon. Please, do enjoy your stay there.”

 

Wonwoo frowned. He seemed upset. “Wait, you think I am not coming back, are you?”

 

“I don’t expect you to come back.”

 

Wonwoo became alerted. “You can’t be dispatching me like this, Jeonghan. I am here with you. I can’t leave you here. You are forgetting something, are you?”

 

“Shh. Don’t say that. You need to escape this hell no matter what.”

 

“Jeonghan, you don’t understand why I am here.” Wonwoo reassured. “Are you belittling me?”

 

“No. I’m just worried.” Jeonghan giggled. “The pressure is killing me, Wonwoo. It can’t be helped. I’m sorry.”

 

Wonwoo cupped the older’s cheeks teasingly. “You should calm down. Now, trust me. You are older but it doesn’t mean you can’t rely on the younger ones. How do you think Soon Young must have felt about this kind of treatment?”

 

Jeonghan felt a little bit comforted. “I can’t help it but you have a point.”

 

Meanwhile, Vernon was waiting for Jeonghan’s signal since they came there. He was called that night and he couldn’t help but to ask what happened with his dinner with Minghao.

 

“It was fine. He is serious cooperating with me… Vernon, Wonwoo is going back to South Korea tomorrow.” Jeonghan informed.

 

“What have you done this time, hyung?” Vernon was worried.

 

“I am just to give a message.”

 

“He’s going to be mad. You know that.”

 

Jeonghan seemed to know pretty well but instead, he asked. “Vernon, you told me that you would do everything I ask of you.”

 

“Well, except leaving you. Literally anything.”

 

“I know you would say that.” Jeonghan smiled. “I want you to sleep and rest because before the wedding, I need you fully recovered.”

 

“Understood.”

 

“I’m sorry Vernon for relying on you the whole time. You are the only one I can trust with this.”

 

Vernon smiled and was relieved. “Thank you for that .”

.

.

.

KOREA_

 

Wonwoo arrived bringing the rings Jeonghan told him to deliver. However, there were two assigned addresses to each ring according to Jeonghan’s instruction.

 

Wonwoo drove to the Choi Mansion first to give Minhyuk the engagement ring which has diamond on it. It was a surprise for Minhyuk to see a stranger by the door giving him some package. “What is this?”

 

“It was from Jeonghan but Kai was the one who ordered to deliver that to you.” answered Wonwoo.

 

Opening the package, it was a diamond ring with engravings on the inner circle which made Minhyuk surprise. It was the ring he kept for proposing to Jeonghan but then he chose not to. “Kai? Who exactly are you and why do you have this? I kept this in-”

 

“I am Tristan Ivanov. Brother of Nikita to whom you are referring as Jeonghan.” Wonwoo briefly introduced as Minhyuk had really no idea who he really was. Moreover, Wonwoo was acting according to how Jeonghan instructed him to. “I am just following orders so I cannot exactly give you the answer you are looking for.”

 

“Ivanov?”

 

“His younger brother.” Aside from the ring, Wonwoo gave a piece of paper. “I’m afraid I can’t stay any longer. I have one more thing to deliver.”

 

The paper was not in codes but notes. Just a few reminders and little scolding from Jeonghan.

 

CHOI RESIDENCES_

 

Knocking right through the door, Wonwoo was ready for the wrath “Good evening, Mr. Choi!”

 

Wonwoo was hell of familiar to him. “What did you came for?”

 

“I came to give you this.” Giving him a ring in a box.

 

“I don’t get this.”

 

“Look carefully. You’ll know to whom did it really came from. Anyway, Kai sent me here.”

 

“Kai?” Seungcheol didn’t understand.

 

“Can I come inside?”

 

Not sure what to do, Seungcheol gave it a try. As they seated, Seungcheol looked at the ring. “Jeonghan wanted to give it back to you.”

 

It insulted Seungcheol after recognizing that it was the real wedding ring he gave to Jeonghan on their wedding. He never had a chance to give him an engagement ring because he had no time. Moreover, no one knew what lies ahead of their marriage. Business was all that matter that time. Who would have known that it’d come to the point where it would become Seungcheol’s everything. His world crumbled when he saw the ring back but not the person he’s come to love.

 

“Jeonghan said you need to move on.”

 

“Hell I would!”

 

“If I were you, I’d take that. Don’t make things too complicated for him. You still have lots of time. Y-“

 

“You don’t get to tell me what to do! If you are worried I’d just become a nuisance, tell him, I’m old enough to make my own decision.”

 

“Jeonghan is getting married and there’s no way you could stop that.”

.

.

.

Indeed an early case to dismiss given the violation and criminal charges. EunWoo was finally acquitted from all the crime he was accused of.

 

At the same time, Jun went back to Korea to check up on things Jeonghan and him both set up. Looked like the team here needed help. EunWoo was of par with men teaming up together in Jeonghan’s side. As soon as he got back to the boutique, he saw Seungcheol waiting by the door.

 

“What took you so long?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I know what you did. It’s not hard to find out. You and Jeonghan left me out in dry.”

 

“That wasn’t the plan.” Jun starting to explain.

 

“Tell me the things you know.” demanded Seungcheol with really pissed expression.

 

In the Moon’s house, Jun explained everything he knew to Seungcheol. “You really are an . How dare you not tell me this?”

 

“It’s not going to help.”

 

Let me guess, your mission is more important.” getting more pissed, Seungcheol added “Am I not part of the mission? I called you to cooperate with me.”

 

“My mission’s interest doesn’t evolve with you anymore.”

 

“You could’ve informed me.”

 

“If I did, you probably are dead right now. I won’t let you do something reckless like what you did back there at the port.” Jun stated firmly. The two had a little fight but their focus went back to their mission. “EunWoo got released.”

 

“I know. That’s why I am here.”

 

“What are you gonna do?”

 

“I need to check on Jeonghan’s team if they are still intact.”

 

“Looked like they are but we have a problem. Apart from Seungkwan, the ‘Tailor’ we’ve known is an impostor.”

 

It terrified Jun “What? That means the other side knew about everything. !” Jun grunted. “I am a fool!”

 

“We all are. What are you gonna do now?” asked Seungcheol.

 

“I let two people inside our circle to mess with us. I cannot let this happen again.”

 

“It’s not your fault. It happens…. I am here because I know I can give you a hand.”

 

“What do you suggest?”

 

“Let’s change roles.”

 

Jun took it as a joke. “It will just ruin everything. It’s gonna be confusing.”

 

“All I am saying is let them taste their own medicine, Jun. Now that we have nothing to hide. Let’s make a reset.”

 

“This is going to be a hell lot more difficult but this might have the chance.” Jun might consider Seungcheol’s suggestions but they needed to plan well since they did not have much of a time. “It will take a huge risk, Seungcheol. I am telling you everything is premature right now. Anything can happen. Especially when Minghao and Jeonghan tied up.”

 

Seungcheol was surprised “How did it happen?”

 

“I don’t know how Jeonghan pulled it out but Minghao is really on board. He’s becoming the spy on the other side.”

 

“That’s insane.”

 

“It could help. It’s just that, he wanted in exchange.”

 

“What could that be?”

 

“He wants Minghao’s protection.”

 

Seungcheol ranted like any other people who knew who Minghao was. “He’s a criminal. A ruthless one!”

 

“Apparently, he’s a man who deserves freedom in Jeonghan’s eyes.”

 

Seungcheol was left in disbelief. “Then, I am telling you… Once he made up his mind, he’ll do it at any cost.”

.

.

.

When Seungcheol got home, he saw a light in his house. He became cautious as he slowly entered his home. That time, he saw EunWoo. “What are you doing here?”

 

EunWoo was surprised, nevertheless, he displayed a charming smile. “Sorry. I was supposed to wait for you but it’s getting cold outside and your door is open, so I invited myself in.”

 

Looking at the table full of food, Seungcheol said “No worries. I should’ve predicted this.” looking tired, he sat in front of EunWoo and eat realizing he hadn’t have any food since morning.

 

“I had no place to go now, Cheol.”

 

“I know. You are free to stay tonight. Sorry but I would usually let you stay as long as you need but I cannot accommodate you right now.” trying to calm himself, hoping no one has ever called yet.

 

“I understand. I will go to dad first thing tomorrow.”

 

“Go somewhere else. I can call someone to give you a place to stay while things are still heated.” Packing some money, he gave all of them to EunWoo. “EunWoo, let’s try to live from now on. I am tired of all of these.” he said honestly. “I’ve lost too many.”

 

“I understand.”

.

.

.

“Where the hell is SeokMin?” asked Jihoon furiously after SeokMin turned out nowhere to be found when he badly needed his help.

 

“Hyung, Officer Yoon is looking for you.” said Chan giving the Governor the phone. “He’s calling from a payphone.”

 

“What’s up?” greeted the Governor. “Soon Young-ah, I need a high level security as soon as possible.”

 

“I’m working on it.” Stated Soon Young in discreet and with full pledge he swore. “I’ll get back to you as soon as possible. I deployed a team to help you. For now, rely on Chan and roam around. Go to places where people could see you.”

 

“We will talk, Soon Young. I’ll have to talk to my stupid cousin for winning the case. ! That bastard! He’s taken care of his image so well, it had gone so bad for most of us.” Grunting, even though Soon Young could hardly hear it.

 

“We’ll talk later, Jihoon-ah. I called to say I’d be gone for a while. Stay safe.” He sounded like he’s in the middle of mission.

 

“If you have something to do, then put down the phone and get your off to work.”

 

It made Soon Young smile and said “Bye.” in a serious caring tone which he did for the first time unlike the teasing he usually does.

 

Jihoon became worried when he felt the seriousness of those gentle words Soon Young have said. Too worried that Chan could tell from a distant that he’s upset.

 

“Anything I can do for you, Governor?”

 

“Track that number.” Looking at the beeper, the number stated most probably in the near province. “What’s that for?”

 

“Soon Young never call me while he’s in a mission. I guess he ran into some kind of trouble.”

 

Chan was surprised on how Jihoon expressed his concern for the young officer. “Will do.”

 

“Update me as soon as you have something.”

 

Chan smiled. “You like him, don’t you?”

 

Jihoon was surprised about the speculations. He felt he needed to defend himself with “He owes me tons of things. He shouldn’t die yet.”

 

“As you wish.” Smirked Chan.

 

“Think whatever you want but first, let’s go to DK’s house.”