SUIT & TIE: The Bishop

SUIT & TIE

 

A sudden news shocked everyone who knew Moon Lancelot about his sudden death. It was said that he had a fatal heart attack. The old Moon’s wake was taken care of his foster children and they decided that Jun would take over their branch in Korea for the meantime.

 

When the news reached Gavril Ivanov, he was enraged. Lancelot’s death was not helpful at all especially after confirming that EunWoo was not the person they are looking for. For this, he immediately meet the Moon siblings all pissed. “We are not done yet.” Gavril threated with a gun flaunted on his waist and a cigarette clipped on his lips. “You have but one mission, little stars.”

 

Seeing that Gavril was pissed, he already knew that they must have already found out about Cha EunWoo.

 

“You’ve messed up this time, little Moon.” said Kai tailing his father. “Cha Eunwoo is not Nikita. What a disappointment!”

 

Jun frowned and smirked. “Cha Eunwoo?” he almost chuckled loudly. “I see.”

 

Kai and Gavril became suspicious. “What’s funny?” Gavril threatened.

 

“You messed up. I gave you my instructions.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I told you exactly where you’d look at. Don’t blame me if you can’t understand a simple instruction.” Jun becoming annoyed.

 

“You’ve got the gut, little Moon.”

 

“I always do a perfect job, Mr. Gavril. I never mess up. I thought you’ve already planned the engagement when I took a little vacation.” Assuming that the Ivanovs didn’t know yet what happened between him and Lancelot. “I will bring him next week in our shop.”

 

“You better do.”

 

Before Gavril and Kai leave, Jun called their attention unfazed. “Mr. Ivanov, we are forgetting something. I do not work out of favor here.”

 

“I already paid Lancelot.”

 

“And you missed out. Not my fault.” answered Jun arrogantly.

 

“Fine. Speak.”

 

“I’ll give my conditions before I deliver Nikita.”

.

.

.

Vernon was again called in his day off. Seungcheol always does. In short, Vernon never has a day off. It wasn’t a normal quietness Vernon showcased that time. Jeonghan, and actually Seungcheol too, got suspicious.  

“Is there something wrong, Vernon?” asked Jeonghan because Seungcheol would never ask.

 

“Nothing. Why?” asked the guard.

 

“Are you sure? Sorry for asking you to drive us when it’s your off.”

 

“I’m used to it. As long as I am paid twice.” Vernon joked as he looked at the rear mirror to check the two out. “Got nothing to do anyway.”

 

“Do you miss Seungkwan already?” teased Jeonghan.

 

Vernon shrugged and said with a distorted confused face. “Maybe. Maybe not.”

 

“Call him if you miss him.” continued Jeonghan to tease.

 

“We do call sometimes.” stated Vernon which surprised Jeonghan.

 

“Uh-huh.” Vernon doesn’t seem himself, Jeonghan thought. He is normally quiet but his answers are too straight forward. Seungcheol doubted that Vernon was in good condition to drive. There was really something off.

 

“I don’t think you can drive us today. Sorry for calling you. You can rest for as long as you need.” Seungcheol suggested. Jeonghan was quite alarmed his partner advised that. Of all the time they’ve been together, Jeonghan has never seen Vernon and Seungcheol act this way.

.

.

.

MINGHAO MEETING WITH IVANOV_

 

Due to Minghao’s request, he met with the Ivanovs. “This keeps bugging me since I discovered it. I have to confirm though I don’t know what value this might be for you.”

 

“Get straight to the point, lousy dragon.” said Kai in the usual friendly mode of his.

 

Throwing the swan brooch, not an ordinary one, gave a surprise to the Ivanovs. “Looks familiar?” Asked Minghao.

 

“Where did you get that?” asked Gavril hurriedly.

 

“I found it in one of my subordinates. I almost killed him with the thought of betraying me but on the contrary, he’s acting strange because he was curious about his lineage.” Minghao stated “By the way, it’s Wonwoo and somehow, he wanted to know where he came from since he was orphaned.”

 

Vera seemed flustered. Kai noticed her pale complexion and said “That explains the hate I am feeling towards him… He seemed having that spicy gaze. He would probably be Tristan. Vera, you adored that little kid am I right?” Kai teased. “Maybe you want to adopt?” he added with a smirk.

 

 “How did it come into Tristan’s hand?” asked Gavril himself.

 

“Apparently, he’s trying to find his big brother. So maybe… just maybe, he knows something? Though I doubt it. He looked confused when I asked. He just followed what’s written on the necklace. That explains why he is with us. I’m guessing he’s about to discover your crest anytime soon. Do you still need him?”

 

“I want to see him. I want to see my brother!” stated Vera.

 

“How do you know it’s him?” asked Gavril.

 

“I will know.” Said Vera confidently.

 

“And… how?” asked Kai blatantly.

 

“He has a distinct mark.” She declared.

 

All looked at her perplexedly. “Bring him to me and I can tell.”

 

“Mark where?” asked Minghao.

 

“On his wrist.”

 

“Everybody could have that mark.” Argued his older brother.

 

“Nope. I am sure that he has a crescent moon mark on his left wrist. And with that pendant, I know that he’s the real one.”

 

Everyone looked at each other having doubts but they needed to try on it. “Bring him here.” ordered Gavril

 

“Oh- you will be surprised.” Sighed Minghao.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, in Seungkwan’s apartment, there’s been a lot of postings on his walls. Pictures, information with red yarn strangled on pins to connect to each other. Looking at each pieces to solve a puzzle murmuring “This seems so weird.” Examining each face to connect. Seungkwan was walking back and forth to his new, still blank, space when somebody knocked on the door.

 

It was quite unusual visiting in the middle of the night. He didn’t even receive a call notifying him of the visit. “Who’s there?” Seungkwan asked cautiously.

 

“It’s me. Vernon. Am I disturbing?”

 

Seungkwan was surprised of Vernon’s sudden visit. He opened the door and let the man come in but the first greeting Vernon offered was a big dive of a sensational kiss towards Seungkwan. Of course, the other was surprised.

 

“I bought food for us.” said Vernon assembling the table as if the kiss was a usual thing to do. Seungkwan was still in shock but he knew Vernon could be unpredictable.

 

“Let’s have dinner together. I’m starving.”

 

“Sure. What’s the purpose of your visit?”

“Two things. It gets lonely since you left my apartment and I have something very important to discuss with you.”

 

“That seems a valid reason.” still bewildered with Vernon’s behavior.

 

While eating Vernon asked. “Is there any observation regarding our surroundings, Seungkwan?”

 

“Well, it’s weird that there seems someone who is helping us. Or is it miracle that things just happened in favor of us.” wondered Seungkwan thinking of the advantages he observed in their part.

 

“You can consider it a miracle. That’s what I am going to discuss with you. Be sure you are ready to hear it.” Vernon warned.

 

“I am listening. I am always surprised even though people get to warn me anyway.”

 

“Minhyuk hyung is alive. He’s behind those movements.”

 

Seungkwan was surprised. “Well… th-that’s kind of very shocking but it is a good news! How did you find him?”

 

“He appeared. That’s all I know.”

 

“Are you sure he is real?” suspecting that Vernon was just hallucinating.

 

Vernon chuckled. “I admit. I got scared when he appeared in front of me but yeah, he is alive.”

 

“Is he fine? What about the plan? Does Seungcheol and Jeonghan hyung knew?”

 

“He’s in terrible shape. Do not let Jeonghan hyung know this.”

 

Seungkwan agreed. “Understood. Then, keep me updated. This is a great news!”

 

Vernon smiled. “Yup. Indeed it is.”

 

Well, since miracles happen. As expected with Vernon, he wouldn’t let Seungkwan feel lonely that night. They had an intense night on bed. Both of them were extremely satisfied with their day off.

 

Early in the morning, while Seungkwan was preparing breakfast for them, Vernon walked towards him with a lovely smiled on his face. “Thanks for the breakfast.”

 

“Coffee is at the table while you are waiting. Get dressed, for goodness sake!” uttered in fluster after seeing Vernon .

 

Vernon chuckled as he went to the bathroom to shower before facing the table.

 

“Seungkwan. Be careful. I know you are the keeper. Jeonghan hyung told me. He asked me to look after you since you started in your secret job again.”

 

“Are you worried about me?”

 

“Yes.” admitted Vernon without hesitating. “It’s too dangerous. We don’t know who to trust.  If you have an option to live, do so. I don’t care. Just let me know. I’ll get you through.”

 

If that was not the sweetest thing Seungkwan would hear in the morning, he wouldn’t know what is. Seungkwan blushed for real. “Thank you. I understand. I will be careful.”

 

“Seungkwan, do you find a very suspicious person?”

 

“Well, there are a lot but, I found Cha EunWoo very suspicious among all.”

 

“Just as I thought.” Vernon murmured sipping in his coffee. “You should keep an eye on him.”

 

“For sure. By the way, I think Soon Young is working with the Governor Lee with regards to that issue. Our adorable officer has been prying between the Cha and the Lee lately.”

 

“That’s…” Vernon sighed. “I got to stop him. If Jeonghan hyung knew about this, we’ll be dead for sure.”

 

“You are more scared of Jeonghan hyung than Seungcheol hyung, aren’t you?”

 

“Jeonghan hyung is superior. Can’t deny that. I know Seungcheol hyung since we were young. He’s just a kid compared to Jeonghan hyung, if you know what I mean.”

 

Seungkwan couldn’t help but to agree given Jeonghan’s knowledge to things. He is really a team player and a leader.

.

.

.

Vernon sure was busy in his off. After leaving Seungkwan’s new home, he drove to meet Soon Young at Yoon residence. Upon arriving, he saw another car. It was obviously a politician’s car based on the plate number.

 

“Hey.” Vernon greeted by the door.

 

“It was unexpected of you. Come in.” greeted Soon Young back.

 

Seeing that the Governor Lee was there, it confirmed what Seungkwan had said. “You are working with him?” asked Vernon.

 

“Yes. Legal stuffs… Anyway, what can I do for you?”

 

“I’ll just be quick.” passing a handful of sealed documents. “Those are the documents that will point out who’s behind your mother’s death.”

 

Soon Young frowned as he opened the files.

 

“What are you doing, Vernon? You are right in time. We need to talk.” announced Jihoon.

 

“Why would I?”

 

Jihoon smirked. “You will see.” observing that Vernon is not on his usual uniform, he added teasingly. “Finally, you are taking your off.”

 

“I am.” with Soon Young escorting him to the table.

 

By the time Soon Young completely scanned the files, he became quiet with raged. “I’m sorry to bring those to you, Soon Young.” Said Vernon sincerely. “I need your help to put this into justice.”

 

Meanwhile, Jihoon on the other hand was quite surprised of what he learned. “Very well. Choi SeungWon. Never thought it’d be him.”

 

Soon Young was quite in a state of shock. He couldn’t believe it at first because he had no motive to begin with. Just then, Vernon spilled “He wanted gang wars, Soon Young.”

 

“What for?” asked Soon Young.

 

“To hunt my family down.” Smirked Jihoon knowing that it was all about taking him down. “The Lee and the Choi have quite deeper wounds than what you are seeing in the surface, my boy. Seungcheol might have actually the motive, as well. My father did nasty things to everybody. No exceptions.”

 

“What?”

 

“Seungcheol hyung would nev-“ Vernon cut his words.

 

“I am not saying it’s him. He has his ways. Besides, how could he kill this family? I know he loves this family so much, enough to threaten me in all seriousness after giving my… you know what I mean.” implicating the first warning he’s done with torturing Soon Young. “That was not personal, by the way. I am a very flexible person in business, you see.” defending himself.  

 

Soon Young becoming speechless.

 

“Let’s stop talking about the past. So… Vernon, what we are saying is we take down the Cha first.” proposed Jihoon.

 

It was so coincidental that Seungkwan had the same suspicion as them. “EunWoo’s family?”

 

“Yes, you heard it right. Seungcheol would actually kill me if he knew.” Said Jihoon merrily.

 

“Why?”

 

“Because I think he’s the real devil. He gets to decide who lives and who dies.” Jihoon explained. “That’s why, somehow, I find Seungcheol’s pretty devil a blessing. He’s the adventurous type. Much of a risk taker and quite unpredictable.” referring to Jeonghan.

 

Soon Young looked at him sharply with an unintended pout he usually does when he’s upset. “That’s my brother you are talking, Mr. Governor.”

 

Jihoon laughed fondly at him and said “It’s a compliment, my friend.”

 

“Do you have proof?” asked Vernon thoroughly making sure he’d never miss.

 

“We have discovered a lot after a series of murder in our team. For the busting, it’s a conversation for another time. I am not sure who to blame for that yet.” Tossing a few pictures Jihoon considered an evidence with his assumption with EunWoo. “He’s working like a god. He has doesn’t leave tracks, instead, he’d pull other people’s stories to let them do the dirty job. He’s never touched a crime with his own hands. I can tell he’s a sophisticated son of a !” he grunted.

 

“But we cannot link it to him if there’s not much of a proof.” Said Soon Young.

 

“He will sure have a miss. I will find it out.” Vernon sure was serious thinking about it.

 

“Are we a team now?”

 

Vernon looked sternly at Jihoon and said “Just for this one.”

 

“Great.”

.

.

.

The next destination Vernon had to go was into the Choi’s residence to see Jeonghan and to deliver another pile of documents from Soon Young.

 

“Sorry to interrupt.” Said Vernon looking at Jeonghan with a gentle smile.

 

However, Jeonghan didn’t feel that Vernon was somehow relaxed. “I don’t think that’s a face I can feel relief, Vernon. What is wrong?”

 

“Nothing. I had a good morning. I slept at Seungkwan’s place after eating dinner together and I ate breakfast with him too.”

 

“Oh~ that quite something, huh, Vernon. I am so happy for you!” Jeonghan invited him home but Vernon said he’s in a hurry. “You better use this off of yours very well, Vernon. You deserve rest.” said Jeonghan worriedly because he’s not yet convinced that Vernon is well.

 

“I will. Thank you.” Before Vernon go, he halted as he wanted to ask something important. However, he’s quite hesitant.

 

“Spit it out now, Vernon. I am not comfortable having this silent conversation with you. I can’t know what’s inside your head.”

 

“I just want to know that if- if the situation became ugly… would you still believe in me?”

 

Jeonghan was dumbfounded but he still needed to verify what Vernon asked. “Do you want me to?”

 

“I don’t know.”

 

Jeonghan knew with that answer that things may quickly swift into a critical point. He thought all Vernon might want to hear now was comfort that’s why he came to him. “Vernon, you know that I love you like a brother. I know everything you do is for a good cost.” Jeonghan smiled as he embraced him tenderly. “Just promise me you will be safe.”

 

Vernon returned the embrace “Thank you, hyung.” And then he smiled. “I love you too.”

 

Jeonghan giggled. “I know.”

.

.

.

 

Later that night, Jeonghan received a call from Keeper saying “This can get messy, hyung. Don’t let your guards down. They can attack anytime.”

 

“I understand. I will inform our allies.” Looking at his sleeping spouse. “Should I let go?”

 

“There’s no other choice. They are coming for you.”

 

Jeonghan was dead worried of the people around him. “My brother, is he good?”

 

“Well, for some reason, he’s doing fine with Jihoon. I think they are getting close taking down the Bishop on the other side. It’s quite dangerous though but they might hit a jackpot soon.”

 

“I see. Vernon is moving on his own. I am worried. You be careful too.”

 

“I know that.” The other giggled sweetly. “You too. Good night, hyung.”

 

“Good night cutie pie.” Jeonghan giggled as well trying to relax himself.

.

.

.

Cha EunWoo was with his husband, Kim Mingyu, enjoying dinner home when the phone rang. “I will get it.” said EunWoo.

 

“It’s me…” said a very serious voice. “Sakura. I know it’s been a long time since we talk personally.” indicating a code name.

 

“What do you want?”

 

“Well, I am sitting at your backyard now. It’s an emergency.”

 

“You idiot!” grunted EunWoo with the fear of getting caught.

 

“I’ll be quick. Get here as fast as you can. I’ve got assignments to finish. My boss on the other side is getting impatient.”

 

EunWoo met ‘Sakura’ outside. “Make it quick!” looking out for people.

 

“I have to apologize that I wasn’t able to finish my job the last time. Don’t worry, this time, I will make sure I see it with my own eyes.”

 

EunWoo got furious. “You mean… Minhyuk?”

 

“Unfortunately, he’s alive. He is moving. However his whereabouts are unknown. I’ll finish him as soon as possible. I just got to finish a job in Choi’s Mansion.” smirking like a devil.

 

EunWoo went back to his grin and said “The Choi sure has lots of enemies.”

 

“I will come back with some more details.”

 

“I will expect that.”

 

 

 

Author's Note: 2 chapters for today. Don't miss. :D Thank you! Don't forget to leave soem comments for me. That would really make me happy! Thank you!