SUIT & TIE: The Queen

SUIT & TIE

SUIT & TIE: The Queen

 

Still in the presence of both betrayal and danger, Jeonghan remained as calm as he could ever make that time. “How about remaining by his side?” he threatened.

 

“You know the rules, Nikita.  I will take you by force.” Gavril stated coldly.

 

Jeonghan was terrified. He remained silent.

 

“I will give you time. Do this while I still have patience, Nikita.” added Gavril.

 

“We are watching you.” Kai threatened.

 

“I need more time.” begged Jeonghan being at the edge of the cliff.

 

“How long?”

 

“A month or two. Let me just fix things with my husband.”

 

“That is too long.”

 

“I will go with you peacefully as promised. Let’s not spill blood.”

 

“Be it.” replied Gavril.

 

Meanwhile, Jeonghan glared at Jun saying “Don’t worry, I won’t go anywhere. I have deals to finish.”

 

Kai scoffed mockingly.

 

“Hands off with my family or you won’t see me alive.” Jeonghan threatened in return.

 

“Very well. You smart little squirt.” Kai blurted. “Two months is all we can give you.”

 

“Remember, breaking this deal will cost another Choi with head on my plate.”

 

Jeonghan took notice on how Gavril was involved in SeunWon’s case. “You ordered SeungWon’s assassination, didn’t you?”

 

“We just found out that SeungWon was the rat in our transactions. We had to do what we think is best.”

 

Looking how bitter Jeonghan’s face, Kai interrupted and said “Don’t worry, we got something for you. We found Tristan. That would be our wedding gift to you.”

 

“Tristan?”

 

“Turns out he’s looking for you too. He goes by the name of Wonwoo. You knew him. Minghao’s cold body guard.”

 

“How did you…”

 

“Vera identified him with a crazy mark on his body.”

 

“He’s not harmed is he?”

 

Given the response Kai believed Jeonghan knew about him already. “You knew… Did he know?”

 

“I don’t think so. I don’t have a plan to tell him anyway. I didn’t want him to get involved.”

 

“We found the brooch with him.”

 

“I gave it to him when we got separated… I should get going.”

 

“You know what to do, Nikita.” reminded Gavril.

 

 

Jeonghan was looking pale. Seungkwan met him outside. “Hyung, you are looking so pale. Is there something wrong?”

 

“Seungkwan, I have to find Vernon immediately. I hope he’s still alive.”

 

“Got it. But let me bring you home first.”

 

“No. Bring me to Jihoon’s office. Please call Congressman Kim for me. Tell him we need to meet at the Governor’s office.”

 

“I’m getting scared with your sudden plans, hyung.”

 

“I have no time left, Seungkwan. I need to fix things. Quick!”

 

“I understand.”

.

.

.

GOVERNOR’S OFFICE_

 

Jeonghan came unexpected in Jihoon’s office.

“You came so sudden. You should have told me.” greeted Jihoon in surprise.

 

“This can’t wait, Jihoon.”

 

“What’s with the hurry?”

 

“You listen to me, Governor. This is your second life. Don’t waste it.”

 

“Is this a threat?” asked Jihoon. “What’s happening, Jeonghan? You are scaring me.”

 

“Hear me out first. If you stop your illegal operations at this very moment, I assure you will come clean. Plus your name sure in the senate and a bonus of a good business for luxury of yours.”

 

“You’ve been on fire since you came. Why don’t you calm d-“ Jihoon didn’t even finish his sentence yet when Jeonghan interrupted.

 

“They have found me already.”

 

“Who?”

 

“The Ivanovs.”

 

“Ivanovs? Jeonghan… they are a different monster. What did you do this time?” stated Jihoon worriedly.

 

“I will explain later, but first. I need you to agree with my conditions. I asked Mingyu to come here.”

 

Too much surprise that moment, all Jihoon could say was “As you wish, boss.” fixing his documents upon what Jeonghan had requested of him, he added. “No wonder why Seungcheol is head over heels on you.”

 

“Jihoon, I know you don’t like me that much but-”

 

“Well, I’m getting to like you more. You and your brother.” Jihoon admitted.

 

“That’s a relief… Jihoon… you treasure Seungcheol like a family, right?” Jeonghan stated.

 

“And?” beginning to think more deeply now. “You sound like leaving.”

 

“I am. Very soon and I need to do things right and orderly.”

 

“I don’t understand.”

 

“You have to live another life, Jihoon. Live the life you and Seungcheol thought of when you were young.”

 

“You sound crazy. That’s so long ago. Our dream is gone.”

 

“It is still possible, Jihoon. I cannot help you with everything but you both can work it out… together.” Jeonghan convinced the doubting man. “I have started a business with the Xu. A legal one. I will give it to you once I leave and that’s a promise.”

 

“You are so random.”

 

“It’s a jewelry business.”

 

“Why and how on earth, Jeonghan? You are talking in riddles.” Jihoon grunted.

 

“Look, Jihoon… I am doing this because I need your help and I have no time. Can you protect my brother and Seungcheol?” Jeonghan sounded exasperated.  “I will do everything in my power to make my promises come true. You know I hate it when I cannot deliver a promise. Do we get a deal?”

 

“Sure. I will do my best.”

 

“Good! You and Mingyu will have to work together whether you like it or not. You must stick with him. He’s the cleanest man I’ve known. A friendship between you two wouldn’t be so bad.”

 

“Whatever you say.”

 

Jeonghan was relieved to know Jihoon was willing by the looks of him, so he said. “I still believe that the young Jihoon who dreamt of good government for our country still lives in you.”

 

“Seungcheol told you that?” he scoffed. “I sounded like an idiot.”

 

“I agree.” Jeonghan chuckled. “But you better be in the service of your country than behind bars.”

 

“I trust you.”

 

“I know you are targeting Cha EunWoo, I can help.”

 

As soon as Mingyu joined, Jeonghan told both of them everything, including his family (for Jihoon), the plans of the Ivanovs and his future plans. Both were surprised on Jeonghan’s plan. It wasn’t really a solid plan but when two supernovas are their foes, guess they have to push it even with a little percentage of winning.

.

.

.

 

On the contrary, for a long time, Jacob Holmes visited his son Atty. Lee SeokMin in his office without any prior notice.

 

Seokmin, on the other hand, was surprised with the greeting. “It’s been a while, SeokMin.” with a faint smile reflected on seemingly tired body.

 

“I thought you’d never ask again.” Still with complete shock on his face.

 

“Is it alright to ask for a hug?” DK didn’t reply but he didn’t resist either.

 

“How is it going?” DK pouring wine on to the other man’s cup.

 

“I hope we are close, Jeonghan.” Referring to the person who first owned the name.

 

“I don’t answer to that name anymore. It belongs to someone now. My name is Seokmin.”

 

“I see. I don’t have the time to say sorry for all the things that happened to you.”

 

“It’s all in the past now. What can I help?”

 

Jacob smiled and said “Nothing. I came here to see you. Is it okay to spend time with you?”

 

DK felt pleasant with the offer “Sure, dad.” SeokMin addressed politely.

 

 “Thank you.” happy hearing it from his son.

 

“You owe me a lot. Are you sure you don’t want anything?”

 

“Nope. Just you and a time with you.”

 

“Fine. What would you want to do?”

 

“Play chess like we always do.” Stated Jacob with a smile on his face.

 

“Don’t underestimate me this time. I am better.” DK smirked.

.

.

.

“Minhyuk-hyung!” Minhyuk was surprise with a sudden and mysterious call. The voice sounded familiar. “Is this you? Are you really alive! Thank goodness! I learned it from Congressman Kim! He didn’t tell me but I heard.”

 

Trying to stop the person from the other line because he seemed too many concerns, Minhyuk replied from the number he originally use for contacting his colleagues. “Calm down. I am still confused. There’s so much memories I couldn’t remember yet. May I know who’s talking?”

 

“It’s Dino, hyung! Do you remember me?”

 

“Dino!” name snapping out from the deepest of Minhyuk memory, he suddenly remembered. “It’s good to hear you alive.”

 

“I am under Lee Jihoon now. I will explain everything to you later but first, you need to know that Jeonghan hyung is really in trouble. I didn’t hear the whole conversation but I believe he’s leaving.” Chan reported hastily.

 

“What?” alerted Minhyuk. “How are you sure?”

 

“Governor Lee, Congressman Kim and Jeonghan hyung met together earlier this day. They are discussing a plan but I couldn’t hear clearly. Jeonghan hyung seems to be rushing things.”

 

“Let me handle this. Thank you for the information.”

 

Hanging up the phone, Minhyuk was now planning to meet with Jeonghan since there has been changes.

.

.

.

Meanwhile, Jeonghan had a serious conversation with Seungcheol regarding the revelation of his identity to his family. However, he didn’t enclose who was behind the revelation yet. Seungcheol became more serious than he was and said “I will protect you at any cost.”

 

“Be still. I know a way out. I can handle myself, Seungcheol.” the other assured.

 

“If you want to leave in order to protect me, Jeonghan, I tell you even if I die I will claim you.”

 

“Stop being selfish, Seungcheol! This is not about me anymore. They cannot kill me but they can kill you or Soon Young or people that are important to me… I- I can’t take anymore loss.” Jeonghan’s voice became trembling. “Forgive me but I have to find Vernon.”

 

“Why do you have to find him?” stated Seungcheol in anger. “He’s a traitor!”

 

“You haven’t heard him say anything yet! How could y-“ before the fire started between him and Seungcheol, someone rang the door. In their surprise, it was Minhyuk who appeared.

 

“Hyung.”/ “Minhyuk?” both had uttered

 

Jeonghan, who did not know that he’s alive, was speechless. He thought he was having hallucinations but still brought him into tears. “You… y-“ Jeonghan reaching Minhyuk’s face slowly. Not sure if he’s real or not.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t tell you. It’s been a while.” Minhyuk smiled affectionately. “I will explain later but first I have to discuss important matters to the both of you.”

 

 

The first thing Minhyuk discuss was his assassination. He cleared the name of Jihoon as he was the first suspect on the list. He explained how Jihoon knew about his activities. The fact that he got the warning from him was a sign that he was concerned about him. Meanwhile, Seungcheol has always been thinking of one person since the day his brother went missing. Seungcheol, who was a bit lost at the moment asked Minhyuk innocently of the person he suspected had plans to kill him. “Was it my- mother?”

 

“No brother. How could you suspect Julia? She’s a sweet mother who only wants you to be happy. I also love her as my mom, so don’t dare say that.”

 

Seungcheol, on the other hand, was relieved a hundred fold knowing that it wasn’t his mother.

 

“Then, who is it who wants you dead?” asked Jeonghan curiously.

 

“It’s…”

.

.

.

WAREHOUSE _ PORTS OF SEOUL

 

In a black cargo container, a man was left for days in the dark with his eyes covered with fabric, limbs greatly tied on the steel hanged on the four corners of the space.

 

“I’m impressed that you are still standing.” said the man assigned to watch over him. “You have some visitor, Vernon.”

 

On the other hand, a man wearing a fine suit as if he’s going on a business meeting had arrived at where Vernon was kept for days with bruises and some burns on his skin.

 

A sigh was made upon the gruesome view he’s witnessed. “Oh poor, Prince.” A soft spoken man finally revealed his identity out of the shadows. “Look at you.”

 

With his blinds removed after days, the light was a little bit striking to his eyes. Yet his frown meant a different team.

 

“Did I piss you so bad?” teased the other.

 

Recognizing the man in suit, Vernon stared at him as hot as hell, as if warning him to be careful when he’s able to let lose otherwise he would face death. “You devil!.” grunted Vernon.

 

“Easy. Let’s not fight over a job. I’m just being professional here, you know? How do you like our mini theatre, Vernon?” chuckled the other beside the man in suit. Seemed too familiar to the Choi’s loyal body guard.

 

“EunWoo!” grunted Vernon in anger.

 

“Relax, Vernon. I am here to save you.” Chuckled the beautiful person. “Don’t let anger eat you. All I did was to protect our family.”  Getting closer to Vernon, Eunwoo stated. “Are you open for the negotiations, dear Vernon?”

 

“You think I’m going to deal with someone like you?”

 

“You’ve dealt with one.” EunWoo confidently smirked. “SeungWon? Remember? I did a favor for you.”

 

“What?” he squinted his eyes finally meeting the person who truly committed the crime.

 

“SeungWon was once a traitor, he will always be. Besides, it’s my job to kill the fire before it spreads. It’s bad for business. With that, I also avenge your family’s unjust death.”

 

“What is it you want?”

 

Eunwoo grinned “I also knew how Jeonghan is involved. Apparently, he’s one of your main player. I didn’t notice that. I should’ve known with his personality. My bad. I also would’ve killed Lee JinJin (Jihoon’s father) but someone took over… isn’t it you?” he wondered.

 

“You bastard! Just kill me right here. I don’t want to be a part of your dirty game!”

 

EunWoo chuckled and said “You are deciding too fast, Vernon. I am giving you a good deal. You see, since you are very dear to me, I took the risk of presenting myself to you and give you a way out.”

 

“By deciding who to live and to die? You are insane!”

 

“Yes. It’s for the benefit of many.” Answered him confidently.

 

“You son of a !”

 

EunWoo chuckled. “That’s what I like about you. You are never scared of anyone. Pure loyalty. Very chivalrous.”

 

Vernon spat towards EunWoo’s direction with disgust.

 

“Vernon.” stated EunWoo sternly. “I am giving you the privilege to decide what future you want. I am giving you freedom. If you’d like, I will let Seungcheol go. This is personal for me and apparently for another person. This is a very good deal.” Eunwoo came very close to him and said “This might save everyone dear to you. Who knows this might be what Jeonghan needs.”

 

Vernon was alerted.

 

“I want you to kill Jeonghan. I’m sure he’d forgive you.” added EunWoo very grimly. “I’ve tried killing Jeonghan too many times but I guess someone like him wouldn’t be easily killed.”

 

“What did he do to you to hate him?” Vernon shouted.

 

“Indeed your favorite boss.” Eunwoo chuckled. “He’s got Seungcheol and my husband somehow. I hate people who outsmart me. Most of all, I hate seeing someone who is exactly like me.”

 

“Don’t dare compare him to you!”

 

One man interrupted while coming out from the dark. He was the other man who wanted Jeonghan’s assassination. “Your story is interesting but mine is of importance. I would also suggest that killing Jeonghan before being married to Minghao is a big no no. I will give him to you after I deliver my promise to the young Xu.”

 

EunWoo chuckled. “I’d wait for sure.”

 

“Atty. Lee?” Vernon knew in surprise.

 

“Good day, Vernon.” looking with sympathy towards Vernon. “Oh dear. You alright?”

 

“You!” Vernon was so surprised he never saw him coming this way. No wonder he’s mysterious.

 

“You failed on your last job. I was so disappointed.” SeokMin referring to SeungWon’s supposedly imprisonment. The last job he handed Vernon before SeungWon died. “I am giving you another job as a second chance. I admit I quarreled with EunWoo but- well, maybe it’s the right thing to do after all. Besides, I did use one good favor in exchange.”

 

“You are making me sick!”

 

SeokMin chuckled “I believe that’s my specialty, Vernon. I didn’t earn my position for being an angel.” stated SeokMin. “Right, agent Hong?” called him.

 

Joshua smiled in a grim. “I admit that I was surprised when we found another interesting person with our plan of distracting the ‘Soldier.’” making believe that he could really get a career in acting. “I didn’t know Minhyuk would have survived.”

 

“Oh you did? And you didn’t even say any word?” asked EunWoo curiously.

 

“I am not the type of person to brag. I use every resources carefully in my advantage. Besides, who would have known that we could work together?”

 

Everything was a great surprise for Vernon. He thought everything they planned was crumbling down. Moreover, he’s getting anxious of what would happen to Seungcheol and Jeonghan.

 

“Come to think of it. I’d probably do the same. It’s hard to trust these days.” EunWoo sighed in dismay.

 

“!” Vernon murmured after finally identifying where he’s seen Joshua (CIA Agent). He was frightened knowing how quick they manipulate them.

 

“Vernon… if this assignment becomes a failure again, I cannot guarantee a peaceful ending, alright? Think well. I can clean your name. I can bring you somewhere no one could find you. Somewhere peaceful and safe unlike here. Full of bad memories and sadness.”

 

“What do you know?” grunted Vernon.

 

“A lot. That’s why I need you to work for me in order to punish my brother from taking away everything from me.” SeokMin laughed.

 

“You are full of surprises, SeokMin. If I knew you earlier, we would be invincible.” stated EunWoo.

 

“Brother?”

 

“He didn’t tell you that he had an older brother?”

 

“He is looking for you.”

 

“Well, that’s not enough, unfortunately. I would take life for life. He stole my family, my life and even my very own name. I lost my identity, Vernon.”

 

“You should’ve talked to him?”

 

“Please. I don’t do drama. Good thing I don’t have to do much. Nikita Ivanov has been found.”

 

“What?”

 

“You heard me right. Gavril’s son is the one who you knew as Jeonghan.”

 

Vernon became surprise and was left at the edge and said “I’d do another job but to kill my two bosses.”

 

SeokMin looking at Eunwoo. “Can I have him first?”

 

“I cannot have him anyway. Just do me a favor, don’t you dare lose Vernon in the wild. He’s still a threat. Also, I am leaving you the decision with Jeonghan. I guess you have the very right than I am.”

 

“I’ll handle it.”

.

.

.

Meanwhile in Choi’s residence, Minhyuk revealed the mastermind of his murder. “It’s Eunwoo.”