Chapter 6 - Missing Part

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

After sending Shijimi to Iwanishi’s doctor friend, we waited for a few hours before he finally came out.

 

“Doctor! How is she?” I went straight up to the doctor upon seeing him.

 

“Hmm… She’s fine for the moment…”

 

“For the moment…? What do you mean?”

 

“It seems that one of her kidneys was being taken away recently, and the doctor who operated on her did a really messy operation on her, I’m not sure how her body would react to this later on.”

 

“....... Kidney… taken away…?”

 

“Probably it’s the sale transactions of organs.” Iwanishi said.

 

“........... What…?”

 

“The person who wanted the life of the man that you’ve just killed, was also the one who had made a request to buy organs from him, and wanted to silence his mouth after the deal was done. And that organ was probably taken from this lady.”

 

…………. I can’t believe this…….. Terrible…… This girl has went through too much!!!

 

“Doctor, can I see her?”

 

“Please do, but she’s really weak now from losing a lot of blood. Iwanishi, you owe me a cup of coffee.”

 

“No problem, let’s go.”

 

Iwanishi and his friend left, and I went in the room to take a look at Shijimi.

 

……………….

 

, I’m feeling so much for her……….

 

Is this feelings of sympathy…… or feelings of…. affections…?

 

I am still unsure…

 

But looking at her pale face, my heart hurts…

 

I thought I have been through a hard life… But right now there is someone else who went through much more…

 

I went up to caress her face, her lips has lost its redness as well…

 

“Someone… help me… It’s painful… Don't cut me… Please…” Shijimi started speaking and tearing in her sleep.

 

She must be having a nightmare.

 

“Shijimi! Wake up! It’s just a nightmare!” I shook her body gently, trying to wake her up.

 

“Help… help me…”

 

“Shijimi! I’m Semi! I’m here!” I held her hands tightly.

 

Shijimi slowly opened her eyes,

 

“Semi…? Save me…” Shijimi pleaded me with her red and swollen eyes.

 

 

I want to…

 

Hug her…

 

Before I was about to, Shijimi moved by herself into my arms.

 

She was hugging me tightly, her body was shivering. Just how frightened is she…?

 

“Semi… I recalled… Last week, they cut my body and took something out, it was so painful, I almost died… Then they gave me some medicine, which stopped the pain for a while, and kept feeding me the medicine each time I felt pain… I was very frightened… I…”

 

“Shijimi, stop thinking about it, it’s over… Alright? No one will do that to you again.”

 

I won't let anyone do that to you again, I’ll kill those who have hurt you.

 

“Semi… Thank you...”

 

I continued hugging Shijimi till she was feeling better. Eventually she fell asleep on my shoulders, I gently put her back onto the bed and accompany her.

 

……………………

 

“Semi, I brought you some food.” Iwanishi came into the room around an hour later.

 

“Thanks Iwanishi, and… sorry… I was… too rash earlier…” I calmed down and think over it, Iwanishi was just concerned about me regarding Shijimi’s matters.

 

“Nah, it’s fine. I’m partially to blame for what this lady has gone through. And, why are you calling her Shijimi?”

 

“......... Because… she reminds me of them… I’m weird I know…”

 

“I see… your weird for clams huh. No wonder you can’t kill her.”

 

“..............”

 

“But Semi, what are you planning to do with her?”

 

“........ I’m not sure…”

 

My heart wants her by my side, but can I? My occupation might bring danger to her, but she has nowhere to go either, right?

 

“........... Semi, I’m not supposed to reveal this to you, but I feel I need to. I heard that this lady is the illegitimate daughter of the job requestor.”

 

“.......... WHAT?!?!?!”

 

“This lady was a child of him and a e, after she was born, she was given to the couple who sold her away since the man didn’t want the child. Maybe it’s a heaven’s joke, his daughter with his wife has a rare disease where her organs can’t function properly. Thus, he’s buying the organs from this lady to transplant into his other daughter. My friend happened to do the operation for his daughter last week.”

 

“. I can’t believe this, isn’t Shijimi his daughter as well?!?!”

 

“Semi, that’s not all. My friend said when he did operation for his other daughter last week, he told him that other than her kidneys, her other organs are dysfunctioning as well. So I’m warning you, that man might want to capture her to save his other daughter. Keeping her by your side might land yourself in troubles.”

 

WHAT THE ?!?!

 

I can’t let Shijimi undergo the same treatment again.

 

I need to protect her...

 

“Iwanishi, have you forgot who I am? I’ll kill anyone who tries to take her away.”

 

“.......... Semi, I did what I can to warn you as a friend, whether you listen to me, it’s up to you.”

 

“...... No worries, Iwanishi. I am very clear of what I’m doing now.”

 

I remembered my past, the day after my parents celebrated my tenth birthday, they brought me to one guy’s place and left me there. I was waiting for them to pick me up, but they never come.

 

Soon, the man started to train me to use knives, I didn’t want to listen to him, but he will slap me whenever I rebel him. Probably my ear was damaged from his continuous slapping. After two years of training, I could use the knives properly.

 

He forced me to kill my parents, he said they sold me away for him to train me as a professional killer. And I should take the chance to practise my skills on them. I killed my parents in front of him, he praised my skills, and continued training me, thereafter he introduced me to Iwanishi, where I become a full-time professional killer after I turned sixteen.

 

Since then I have lost my soul, I kill for the sake of killing, I live for the sake of living, leading my life meaninglessly, there’s no motivation for me in life.

 

But right now…

 

I have found something I want to do.

 

That is,

 

To protect Shijimi…

 

I don’t care anymore, why am I feeling like this.

 

Because right now, I am only certain of one thing…

 

I want her by my side.

 

Maybe I’m just pitying her for what she has gone through, or maybe I’m just attracted to her because we were both betrayed by our parents…

 

That is not important now, I feel I will find the answer if I keep her by my side.

 

I held on to Shijimi’s hands…

 

I could feel energy coming into my hands from hers…

 

If she is with me, maybe…

 

I will find the meaning of living…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Hello! Finally updated a new chapter, been really busy and tired at my new workplace (I think I’ve been saying this HAHA~) Today is also the premiere of Ryosuke’s new drama “Cain and Abel”! I have listened to the ending song and it sounds really nice! “Give me love”, I like this title, and the song sounded really melancholy as well. Seems like it’ll fit the theme of this fanfic as well… (I’m being shameless I know XD) Anyway, hope the readers enjoyed this chapter!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------