Chapter 40 - Family

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Chapter 40 - Family

 

Semi’s POV

 

“........ Silly…… Semi……”

 

……….!!!!

 

What did I just hear?!?!

 

I moved my face slightly away to look at Shijimi.

 

“Shijimi…? Was that you…?”

 

But her eyes were still close…

 

What is happening?!?!

 

………… Wait……

 

Shijimi’s lips…… they are curved up……

 

“Shijimi……?”

 

“Semi……”

 

...………!!!

 

“Shi……”

 

Shijimi… she has woken up!!!

 

“Where’s my kiss…?” Shijimi gave me a naughty look.

 

“......... Silly girl……”

 

I moved my face forward again, landing my lips on hers… I felt a drop of tear fell off my eye.

 

Shijimi…… is back……!!!

 

“Semi… sorry… I had a good dream, so I slept a little longer.”

 

“...... What dreams did you had?? So good that you are willing to make me wait??’

 

“Yeah… I dreamt of Semi and Rika… We were having a lot of fun in the dream, we finally had a family reunion…”

 

“...... Silly girl…… that isn't a dream, it has become true, isn't it?”

 

“Hehe~ Yes…… I can't wait to recover fully, and spend time with both of you.”

 

“......... You will……”

 

Thank you heaven…

 

Thank you for not taking Shijimi away…

 

-------------------------------------------

 

Shijimi had been recovering well and fast, even the doctor is shocked at her progress.

 

It has been almost a month since I came back, and today is Rika’s fifth birthday. All of us will be celebrating for her in Shijimi’s ward.

 

“Ne, Shijimi, will Rika like the present and cake I chose for her??” I was getting worried as I am not really sure of Rika’s likings yet…

 

“Don’t worry, Semi, I’m sure Rika would like whatever you give her.”

 

That being said… I was still worried.

 

“Mama! Papa!! Rika is here!!”

 

Rika came into the room with Keito, Maki and Sho.

 

“Rika!! Happy birthday!!! Sorry… because of Mama, you have to celebrate your birthday here.”

 

“No, Mama! I am very happy!! Because I have everyone here to celebrate my birthday!! Papa is back too!!”

 

“Rika, let’s blow the cake!” I tapped gently on Rika’s head and took out the cake from the fridge.

 

“Yayy!! Cake!!!” It was excited Sho speaking.

 

“Silly boy, it’s not your birthday.” Keito tapped on Sho’s head again.

 

“Ouch!! Papa!!”

 

“Okok stop fighting you two. Rika is the main today.” Maki stopped Keito and Sho from bickering again.

 

After setting up the candles, we took photos and had Rika to make her wishes first before blowing the candles.

 

“First, I wish Mama will be healthy!! Second, I wish Papa can stay with us forever!! Third, I…”

 

“Wait, Rika, leave the third wish for yourself, you don't have to say it out, alright?” I was very touched at Rika’s first two wishes, but I want her to have a selfish wish just for herself too.

 

“I wish Mama and Papa will be together forever!!”

 

………….!!!!!

 

“Rika…!!!”

 

What did she just wish for?!?!

 

“Papa! Rika knows Mama loves Papa a lot!! So that is Rika’s third wish!! Rika wants Mama to smile forever!!”

 

“.............. Rika… thank you...” It was Shijimi… She had tears in her eyes… So do mine…

 

*Blows*

 

Rika blew the candles after making her third wish.

 

What else could I ask for? I have a sweet and caring daughter just like her mother.

 

I will protect them from now on, I will…

 

“Rika, here’s your present.” I handed over the present I chose for her.

 

“Wah!! Papa!!! I have been wanting this!!!”

 

“Really?!?! I’m glad you like it!”

 

I got for Rika a set of drawing tools, I heard from Maki that Rika loves drawing and draws very well. Shijimi’s drawing abilities have been passed on to Rika.

 

“Shijimi… I have a present for you too.”

 

There is something important I need to do...

 

“Hmm…? I have a present too…?”

 

“Yeah…”

 

I walked to Shijimi’s bedside and kneeled down,

 

“This is late. But, please marry me, I will take care of you and Rika forever. Please, leave your life to me.” I was holding a ring in my hands, waiting to put it on Shijimi’s finger.

 

“...... Semi……”

 

“Nana, quick, accept it!!!” It was Maki.

 

“...... Yes… Semi…” Shijimi smiled shyly, and raised her hands up for me to put on the ring.

 

I put it on, and felt water droplets hitting my palms. I looked up, Shijimi was shedding tears of happiness.

 

I stood up and wiped away her tears gently, “I love you, Shijimi…” followed by a kiss on her forehead.

 

“Yay!!!” Rika was cheering for us, I smiled.

 

I am feeling very very fortunate now…

 

I am glad I lived on…

 

“Rika!! Cut the cake!! I want to eat!!” It was Sho.

 

“Ok!!!” Rika happily took the knife, and cut the first slice.

 

“Rika, let Papa cut the rest.”

 

“Yes Papa!”

 

“Uncle Semi! I want the biggest slice!!”

 

“Hahaha! Sho-kun, ok no problem! I’ll leave the biggest slice for you!”

 

“Semi, don’t spoil him.”

 

“Maki, it’s ok, it’s a happy occasion today.”

 

It really is…

 

Looking at everyone’s smiles, it is another miracle that Shijimi brought me…

 

Holding her hands tightly, I want to be with her forever…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Sorry for the late update! Was too busy the past week… Such a sweet and cheesy episode of Semi and Shijimi, rainbows do appear after a storm...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------