Chapter 8 - Second Torture

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

After getting knocked down by the motorbike, I dragged my body to Iwanishi’s apartment...

 

“Semi! What happened to you?!?! You have blood all over!! There isn’t any job for you isn’t it?” Iwanishi was as usual long-winded.

 

“I need your help…”

 

Suddenly, I felt my body losing its strength and eventually falling onto Iwanishi…

 

“SEMI!!”

 

……………………….

 

*RINGSSSSSSSSSSSSSS*

 

“UGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

I woke up with the irritating ringing in my ear again and feeling pain all over my body.

 

“Semi! Are you alright?”

 

“....... Ah…… Iwanishi… Why am I at your place…?”

 

“Semi! You came to my place last night with injuries on you, I am the one who wants to ask you what in the hell happened!”

 

“.................. AH!!!!!!!! Iwanishi, I need your help, Shijimi has been caught! Can you help me find out who is the culprit??”

 

“............. Did you get injured because of her? Semi, I told you not to get close to her right? She’s…”

 

“IWANISHI!! I don’t want to listen to your stories, I need to save her as soon as possible.”

 

“Semi, I don’t want you to get into deeper trouble, just let her be…”

 

“....... Fine. I’ll go find her by myself.”

 

I stood up but lost my balance and fell down again, CRAP!

 

“Semi! Just listen to me!!”

 

“ OFF!”

 

“........... You have no sources of information at all! How are you supposed to find her?!?! Tokyo is not that small you know?”

 

“Don’t worry for me, I’ll kill anyone who gets in my way.”

 

“................ I give up! You bastard! You owe me once! Come back! I’ll try to find her whereabouts for you.”

 

Iwanishi pulled me up onto the sofa before making calls to his sources for information of who could have captured Shijimi.

 

Shijimi, you better be fine… I will come and save you soon…

 

“Semi, that girl could have been captured to the same person who had operated on her last week.”

 

“............ WHAT?!?!?! Are they going to take out her organs again?!?!”

 

“Probably, this is the address.” Iwanishi passed me a piece of paper.

 

“Thanks Iwanishi, I’ll go save her now.”

 

“Semi!”

 

Iwanishi called me when I was at the door.

 

“Come back safe.”

 

“....... I got it.”

 

Iwanishi is the only friend I have in this world, even though we do quarrel at times, it doesn’t really ruin our friendship. More like, he’s always giving in to my stubborn requests. I am really thankful for him.

 

I came to the address Iwanishi had written for me. Before I went into the building, I wore my raincoat and checked that I have enough knives with me.

 

The building was really dark, and thankfully, there wasn’t many people around.

 

I sneak into the room quietly, glanced around the apartment, and spotted two men around. I took the chance to get behind one of them and killed him instantly, the other saw and started to panic and was trying to run away.

 

“Wait!! Don’t kill me!!! I was just being ordered to do this!!!” He was pleading me.

 

“Where’s the lady? What have you done to her?!?!”

 

“She’s in that room!! She’s still alive!! So, don’t kill me, please!!!”

 

I walked up to the guy, he was so scared that he couldn’t move. I finished him off in a few seconds.

 

I went into the room where the guy said Shijimi is in. The room was dark, so I searched around for the switch and switched on the lights.

 

…………………

 

…………..

 

I saw Shijimi lying on the bed, her body was blood-stained, the blood from her body stained the bed, and was dripping on the floor droplets by droplets.

 

“SHIJIMI!!!!” I dashed up to the bed, checking if she is still alive.

 

“WAKE UP!!! I’M SEMI!! I’M HERE!!!”

 

I pulled up Shijimi’s shirt, and saw another fresh scar on her waist.

 

I WAS TOO LATE!!!

 

I SAID I WON’T LET HER SUFFER THIS AGAIN!!!

 

BUT I COULDN’T SAVE HER!!!

 

“Shijimi! Hang on!! I’ll bring you to the doctor!!!” I carried Shijimi up and left the place, heading towards the place of Iwanishi’s doctor friend.

 

The moment I reached the place, Iwanishi was already standing there.

 

“Iwanishi, why are you here…?”

 

“Because you need help from my friend again right?”

 

“Iwanishi, I can’t thank you enough!”

 

I left Shijimi to Iwanishi’s friend to treat her injuries. While I could only regret that I wasn’t able to save Shijimi from the sufferings earlier…

 

“Semi, I’ve asked my friend to treat your injuries later on too.”

 

“There isn’t a need, I’m fine…”

 

“If you don’t take care of yourself, you can’t take care of that girl either.”

 

“....................... Ok… I got it...”

 

“To be honest, I am beginning not to understand you more and more. But I don’t hate that pair of eyes you are showing right now. When I first met you, your eyes had lost its focus, it was as if, you don’t hold any emotions. I thought you must have been through a lot as a kid, and I wanted to save you from that well of sorrowness. After so many years, I still couldn’t do it. But that girl, she managed to turn you back into a proper human being, one with emotions, one with…”

 

“Wait, do you mean I wasn't a human being to begin with?”

 

“Sort of, haha! You were just like a killing machine, that's why you can kill anyone, even kids.”

 

“That's rude of you.”

 

“So you could say, I’m kind of jealous of that girl. She could change you into someone I wanted you to be within days while I failed despite knowing you for years.”

 

“Stop your nonsense. I will save you today if you were the one who got into troubles as well.” I meant that from the bottom of my heart.

 

“Really? Then I shall get someone to take my organs someday.”

 

“............... I can’t believe I’ve actually treat an idiot like you as my one and only friend.”

 

“Because you are one idiot too.”

 

We laughed at each other.

 

*CLICKS*

 

The doors opened!

 

“Doctor! How is she?!?!”

 

“Just call me Keito, I hate to be called a doctor. Anyway as for that girl, it seems that more than half of her liver was taken away. Like I have told you previously, how her body will react from now, is not up to my control.”

 

“......... What the ?!?!” I was going to dash into the room to take a look at Shijimi but was stopped by Keito.

 

“Let me take a look at your injuries first, else I won't allow you to visit her.”

 

“.......... Alright…”

 

I got my injuries treated before going in to see Shijimi.

 

………………..

 

When I saw her face, I almost teared. I have not shed a single tear ever since I killed my parents, yet right now, I am feeling so much anger and regrets, and looking at Shijimi’s suffering face, my eyes just got wet on its own.

 

“Shijimi… I’m sorry… It’s my fault…”

 

“....... Ugh… Se...mi…”

 

!!!!!

 

“Shijimi? You are awake? How are you feeling?”

 

“Semi, you are… injured…?”

 

“I’m fine! How about you??”

 

“I’m fine too…” Shijimi squeezed out a smile for me, but I know she is not feeling comfortable right now.

 

“Just sleep, I’ll be here with you.” I patted on her head gently, she must still be traumatized by what happened to her again.

 

“Semi… just leave me alone… I don’t want you to get injured from saving me again…”

 

“................ I refuse. I’ve already said many times right, your life is under my control now, if you want to repay me, then just listen to what I say...”

 

“..................... Thank you…”

 

Shijimi raised up her strengthless hand and caressed my cheeks. She my face and ears gently, out of natural instinct my hand reached for hers. I held her hands tightly, I don’t know what is this feeling, but, I feel that I don’t want to let go of her hands again...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Aww, sorry for taking a long time for an update again! It seems that Semi and Shijimi just got a little closer again in this chapter, something is being formed naturally within them...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------