Chapter 33 - I Want You to Lose Everything

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

Maki reached back at Keito’s place shortly after we arrived.

 

“Semi, how’s Nana??”

 

“...... Keito is operating on her…”

 

“I’ll go in and help. Don’t worry, Nana will be fine.”

 

Crap… I’m losing my mind… The person who is seeking revenge on me is really not just a simple target this time round… I should have trusted Iwanishi’s gut feel and not let my guard down… It’s my fault…

 

Iwanishi… He sacrificed himself to save Shijimi for me… He’s… such a bastard friend…

 

“I never said I wasn’t one, and, please add one more description, I’m a true and kind bastard.”

 

Iwanishi’s voice ranged in my head, it was as if… he’s saying that right into my ears again…

 

*Clicks*

 

AH!

 

“Keito!! How’s… Shijimi?!?!”

 

“She’s fine… The bullet didn’t hit her fatals. But she seems to be unstable mentally… … If only I could reach earlier…”

 

“Keito, it’s not your fault… We didn’t expect that the mastermind had actually planted a sniper as well…” Maki was consoling Keito.

 

“Maki… Keito… Thank you so much… I’m… lost for words…”

 

“............... Why are you still standing here? Go in and stay by Nana’s side.”

 

“....... Keito…?”

 

I was shocked, I didn’t expect Keito to say that… I thought… he would want to punch me again…

 

“Semi, go in!!” Maki pushed me into the room where Shijimi is in.

 

My footsteps were heavy… I couldn’t bring myself to face Shijimi… I am a sinful person… I have taken so many lives in the past… This is the retribution that I need to face…

 

“Se… mi…”

 

“............!!! Shijimi….????” I hastened my steps to Shijimi’s side, she was raising her hands up, I quickly held them tightly.

 

“Semi… I’m… fine…” Despite Shijimi saying that, I could see that she is in pain.

 

“................” I felt my eyes getting warm… The tears started rolling in my eyes uncontrollably.

 

“Semi… It’s not your fault… Don’t blame yourself… Ok…?”

 

“........... Shijimi… but it is… Because of me… Iwanishi and you got to suffer…” I couldn’t stop my tears anymore, I just couldn’t…

 

“No……”

 

………..!!!!!

 

“Shijimi…!!”

 

Shijimi was hugging me in her arms, I could feel the warm from her body…

 

“Shijimi… don’t force yourself… Lie down…”

 

“........... Semi…… you can let it all out… I’ll be here with you… I’m here…”

 

………………………….

 

Upon hearing that, the suppressed emotions within myself were bursting out, I allowed myself to cry, for once… For a dear friend who is gone… And… for a girl who is willing to give me so much love…

 

I was not sure of how long I had cried… I stopped crying when I ran out of stamina to cry further…

 

…………… I felt the weight from Shijimi’s head becoming heavier on my shoulders… Hmm…?

 

“Shijimi…?”

 

I held Shijimi’s head away from my shoulders, and saw a pale-looking face,

 

“Shijimi…? Are you ok…?”

 

“......... Yes… I’m ok…”

 

Shijimi started breathing heavily, I gently placed her back onto the bed.

 

“........... Sorry… Shijimi… I had to let you comfort me despite you being injured… I’m… I’m a failure…”

 

“No…… Semi…… I’m fine… Really… I’ll recover really fast…”

 

“............ Close your eyes and sleep… If you want to recover fast… I’m fine already too…”

 

“........... um…….” Shijimi gave me a gentle smile, and fell asleep shortly.

 

While staying by Shijimi’s side watching her sleep, I received a message from an unknown number.

 

Hello~ How was my little gift to you? How does it feel to lose a dearest friend of yours…? Hehehe~ And almost losing your ‘Shijimi’...

 

………………… WHO IS THIS?!?!

 

……………. THE REAL MASTERMIND…?!?!?!

 

I know you are curious at my identity… So far, all the targets you’ve killed were just my chess pieces I’ve used to play this game with you. If you want to meet me, I’ll see you near the playground around your apartment.

 

…………….!!!!!

 

I have to go meet him…!!

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

At the park

 

I came to the park near my apartment, there was a black silhouette, there was someone dressed in a black parka.

 

“....... Hello, Semi. Should I say nice to meet you?”

 

“Who are you?”

 

“As you’ve guessed all along, someone who wanted to take revenge on you.”

 

“...........”

 

“I heard you are a cold and heartless killer? You kill anyone no matter they are women, elders or kids, am I right?”

 

“....... Go straight to the point, what do you want from me?”

 

“Haha!! I bet you can't even remember who you’ve killed, right?”

 

“Yeah, I don't remember them, it’s pointless as well.”

 

“I see… Then I shall torture you as much as I like. I want you to break up with your ‘Shijimi’ and leave Japan for good.”

 

“........... What…?”

 

“You know, I didn't leave your ‘Shijimi’ alive for no reason, based on my ability, I could have easily shot her in her heart, or even bursting her head. Why did I shoot her in the chest and even avoided hitting her fatals? It wasn't a mistake you know.”

 

“You!!! Why did you shoot her?!?!?!”

 

“Hahaha!!! Yes!!! That's the face I want to see!!! How does it feel?? Having your lover getting shot in front of your eyes!! Hahahaha!!! I find it so amusing!!!”

 

“You bastard….!!” My hands went into my pocket, taking my knife.

 

“Hurhur, trying to kill me? You shouldn't do so, I’m being kind by telling you this, I’ve told my gang, if I am dead, your ‘Shijimi’ would be dead too.”

 

“... You…!!”

 

“Yeah, what can you do?? You can only listen to me if you want your ‘Shijimi’ to be alive. I want you, to lose everything that you have now.”

 

“...............”

… What should I do…?

 

“I take your silence as acknowledgement. If you tell anyone about this deal, you’ll know what will happen too. One week later, I’ll be in your apartment to witness the drama of you breaking up with your ‘Shijimi’, don't try to be funny till then. I’m… watching you… hahaha!!! See ya!!”

 

!!! I can't do anything except listening to what he says.

 

I have to… leave Shijini…?

 

Or she has to die…?

 

I…

 

Can only choose the first option…

 

Ever since that day, I stopped visiting Shijimi at Keito’s apartment. I can't face her… That bastard even wants me to break up with her in his presence. He sure knows how to torture me… But… I wouldn't mind if it was just me getting tortured… If I break up with Shijimi, she’ll definitely break down as well.

 

… my life!!

 

One week later...

 

Today is the day, that bastard came to my apartment early in the morning, waiting to witness what is going to happen.

 

“Hello Semi, are you prepared? Hehe~ I even prepared a video camera to record down this drama for you.”

 

“........”

 

I can't rebuke him, not at the risk of Shijimi’s life.

 

“Quick! Call your ‘Shijimi’ over!”

 

“..........” I took out my phone and was going to call Shijimi over.

 

*Knocks*

 

Hmm…? Who is here…?

 

I went to open the door,

 

“...... Shi...jimi…?”

 

“Semi…”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: The worst thing that Semi was worrying has come true. He can’t do anything except to listen to what the revenger says if he wants to protect Shijimi… But, is that really protecting Shijimi…?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------