Chapter 20 - You’re the Only One I Love, Shijimi

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

Where is Shijimi???

 

I have been searching for her all over the streets but I still can’t find her!!!

 

Where did she run to???

 

Did she meet into troubles?!?!

 

!! I really shouldn’t have left her alone!!!

 

“Hey pretty girl!!! You’re alone?!?! Wanna come with us tonight?!?! We’ll let you have a lot fun!!”

 

“No!!! LET ME GO!!”

 

………….. That voice…

 

Shijimi?!?!?!

 

Turning to look at the direction from where the voices came from, I saw three big guys surrounding one person in the middle, I walked up closer, it was Shijimi!!!

 

“NO!!! LET ME GO!! PLEASE!!!” Shijimi was pleading them with tears…

 

. HOW DARE THEY MAKE SHIJIMI CRY.

 

“HEY!!! LET HER GO!!! ELSE I’LL KILL ALL OF YOU!!!” My blood was already boiling, I feel like I could kill them anytime.

 

I rushed up to push those guys away and grabbed Shijimi back to my side.

 

“Shijimi… Are you ok??? Have they done anything to you???”

 

“.... Semi… I’m… fine…”

 

“HEY!! WHO ARE YOU!!! OFF!!”

 

My eyes moved to look at the person who was speaking, he was about to punch me, but of course looking at their standards, it will be an easy job for me to take them down.

 

Without controlling my strength and anger, I bashed them hard, and was almost going to take out my knife and kill them but Shijimi stopped me, and they took the chance to run away.

 

“Shijimi, I’m sorry, it’s all my fault. Are you injured anywhere??” I scanned through Shijimi’s body, ensuring that she is fine.

 

“Semi… I’m alright…” Shijimi moved herself out of my hands.

 

……………. What is this……?

 

She seems like she is disliking my touch…?

 

“Shijimi… You…”

 

“Semi! We got to rush for the shinkansen!” Shijimi cut me off before I was able to ask more.

 

I decided to leave this to settle after we get home…

 

While on the way back to Tokyo, Shijimi was really quiet, she fell asleep on the shinkansen, and on the way back to my apartment, whenever I talk to Shijimi, her replies to me were all very short and cold.

 

What happened…?

 

Is she angry at me…?

 

…… I am getting pissed at myself…

 

“Semi, I’ll go take a shower first.” Shijimi said as soon as we reached home.

 

“Shijimi, wait.” I held her arms to prevent her from moving.

 

“Semi… I’m tired…” Shijimi said without looking at me.

 

Her voice… sounds weird…

 

She is… crying…?

 

I turned her body to face me, and pushed up her chin, I saw her tears, I saw the pair of red and sorrow eyes,

 

“Shijimi!!! Why are you crying?!?! What happened???”

 

“I’m fine… I just want to take a shower now…” Shijimi was trying to run away from me but I held her even tighter.

 

“You’re not!!”

 

“Let me go…” Shijimi’s voice was shivering badly.

 

“I’m not letting you go till you tell me what happened!!”

 

“.............. Semi…… please…… don’t touch me…”

 

……………………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

What did I just hear…….?

 

“Shijimi, did I do something wrong??” I softened my tone as I think I was too agitated earlier.

 

“....... Why did you tell Maki that I am just your friend?”

 

“Huh… How did you…”

 

“Why…? You told Nakai that I am your girlfriend, but you told Maki that I’m just a friend…”

 

“............. Shijimi, I can explain that. It was meant to protect you, I want as little people to know about our relationship, didn’t you see what happened to Nakai? He wanted to kill you along as a revenge towards my family. Considering my occupation, I can’t put you in anymore danger…”

 

“Then… Who is… Maki to you…?”

 

“Maki?? She is just an old friend of mine, we were trained together when we were young. I’ve not seen her since six years ago.”

 

“.......... and that’s all…….?”

 

“Yeah… that’s all…”

 

………. I felt a sudden guilty conscience, other than being friends with Maki, we were partners as well. But I did it purely out of my human desires when I was young and reckless, and not because of love. I don’t have to reveal this to Shijimi right…?

 

“................” Shijimi kept silence again.

 

This silence is making me feeling afraid…

 

“Shijimi…” I caressed her face gently, but she grabbed my hands away.

 

“Don’t… touch me…”

 

“Shijimi, just what happened?? What did Maki tell you?!?!”

 

“............... She told me…….. That she misses you…… Especially on the bed……”

 

……………!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

!!! WHY DID MAKI HAD TO TELL SHIJIMI THIS?!?!

 

“Shijimi, I’m sorry I didn’t tell you this just now. I felt embarrassed about this… And the with her was just a way to relieve my desires when I was younger, I don’t love Maki at all!!! I don’t do it out of love for her!!”

 

“But…… she loves you… Don’t you know…?”

 

“............. Maki… loves me…?”

 

“Yeah… She told me you were someone she loved since young… And she wants to get back with you… I……”

 

“Shijimi, I don’t love Maki, I don’t!!!”

 

“Semi… I’m really tired… Let me take a rest first…” Shijimi was trying to get away from me again, but I feel that I can’t let this go unsettled. If I don’t explain clearly tonight, it might all get too late.

 

“Shijimi!!”

 

I grabbed Shijimi’s arms again but she was trying to pull my hands away. I used even more strength to hold her shoulders and pushed her against the wall to prevent her from running away.

 

“Semi… let me go… please...” Shijimi started crying, crying very hard…

 

, my heart hurts so much seeing her tears…

 

I held up her face, making sure she can see my face clearly,

 

“Shijimi, listen to me, just like the way Keito loves you, Maki’s love for me is just one-sided. I don’t love her at all! Not in the past, not now, and it won’t be in the future as well.”

 

“............. Semi… I don’t know… I feel very inferior… My heart hurts so much when I saw her hugging you, and you didn’t push her away…”

 

……………… Shijimi saw that…?!?!?!

 

“I was just comforting her, she was sad because she was betrayed by the guy who trained us, I was just giving her a friendly hug. Trust me, Shijimi, the only person I have fallen in love with is you only.”

 

“....................” Shijimi looked away from my eyes, seems like she is doubting my words.

 

I held her cheeks and placed my face right in front of hers,

 

“Look into my eyes. I am not lying to you. You’re the only one I love, Shijimi.”

 

“.......... Semi……” Shijimi looks calmer as compared to earlier.

 

“You’re the only one I want to touch from now on, my eyes could see nothing else but you.”

 

“............... Semi….. Sorry…… I was too… umm!!!”

 

I sealed Shijimi’s words with my lips, I want to confirm our feelings for each other. There was not even once I have felt so insecure before, upon seeing Shijimi’s tears, the fear of losing her was at its strongest. I was at fault for making her feel like this, but what just happened confirmed my feelings.

 

I love Shijimi.

 

I love her so much!!!

 

“Ummm……..” Shijimi was still trying to speak but my lips were still on hers.

 

“Shijimi, don’t say anymore. It’s my fault, it’s all my fault for making you feel so sad. I’m sorry… I love you… I really love you!!!”

 

“Semi……. Ah…!!!”

 

While pushing Shijimi against the wall, I kissed her, a lot, a lot. From her lips, to her cheeks, to her ears, down to her neck...

 

I can’t control myself, I want Shijimi...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: The heart-broken Shijimi and the Semi who felt the fear of losing her. The first challenge of their relationship, and it will not be the last...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------