Chapter 7 - Runaway

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

The next day morning, I went out to buy some food so that Shijimi can have it when she wakes up. However, when I returned, she wasn’t on her bed.

 

Then, I saw a piece of paper on the bed, I picked it up to take a look.

 

It was a drawing of me again, it was a portrait of me smiling again…

 

There are words written below,

 

Semi, you look better when you smile. Thank you for saving me again and again. I won’t forget you…

 

…………….

 

WHAT IS THIS?!?!

 

This seems like… last messages...

 

Did she…

 

Run away…?

 

Or is she…

 

Trying to commit suicide…?

 

UGHH!!! What should I do…?

 

I need to find her!!!

 

I dashed out of the room and quickly searched around the neighbourhood to see where she might have gone to, she shouldn't have gone too far with her injuries.

 

As I ran past one park, I saw someone sitting on the bench, I walked closer, it was a short-haired lady…

 

“Shijimi!”

 

I called out to Shijimi, she turned to look at me, but started running the moment she saw me.

 

“SHIJIMI!! WAIT!!!!!!!!”

 

She continued running despite my shoutings, but she couldn’t run fast, so I think I can catch up to her.

 

“AH!!!!!!!!!!!” Shijimi screamed.

 

“SHIJIMI!!!”

 

She tripped and fell down, and her hands are pressing on her side waist, it must be her injuries which are causing pain again. But she was still trying to get up.

 

“SHIJIMI!! DON’T MOVE! YOUR WOUNDS MAY WORSEN AGAIN!!” I managed to grab her body to stop her from moving further.

 

“Semi… let me go… I can’t land you in troubles…”

 

“What are you talking about?”

 

“............ I… overheard the conversation between you and Iwanishi…”

 

“......... That’s why you decided to run away from me?”

 

“...............”

 

“What were you planning to do after running away?”

 

“I……. I’m not sure… I’m an… unwanted child… I’m just… a tool for my biological father to save his daughter…” Shijimi started crying.

 

“You are not! I want you! I want you by my side!!” I hugged this poor girl tightly, I want her to feel my warm…

 

“....... Semi……. Why do you treat me so well…? I’m just a nobody to you…”

 

“.......... Shijimi, I don’t know myself either. But in order for me to find out the answers, I need you by my side… Can you… not leave me for the moment…?”

 

“Semi… am I allowed to live on…?”

 

“Of course you are!!”

 

I moved Shijimi out of my embrace, and held up her pale and teary face,

 

“For my sake, please live on… Alright…?”

 

“...... Um...…” Shijimi nodded her head lightly.

 

I think I am crazy, I cannot believe I have just said those words. Just like what Shijimi said, she’s a nobody to me, why do I care so much for her??? I’m confused as well…

 

“Let’s go back.” I held up Shijimi’s body, and held her hand while we walked back to my apartment.

 

As we are walking, I felt some strange aura, it was as if someone was following us. I have a bad feeling, I hastened up my speed while still holding Shijimi tightly.

 

“Shijimi, someone is following us, I know you’re feeling pain, but let’s run, ok?”

 

“Semi… ok…”

 

“Hold onto my hands tightly.”

 

We started running with our hands tightly held together, but soon, we heard extra footsteps other than those that belonged to the two of us.

 

, we are really being followed, I hope I am able to handle them while still protecting Shijimi.

 

I led the way to run into a dark alley where I can hide Shijimi at one corner before I confront the ones following us.

 

“Shijimi, stay here, I’ll get rid of them fast, ok?”

 

“Semi, no! You don’t know who they are, and I don’t want you to get hurt…”

 

“I’ll be fine, just stay here quietly, alright?”

 

I didn’t wait for Shijimi’s reply this time, when I ran slightly further away, I saw two guys.

 

“Where’s the girl?!?!” One of them shouted at me.

 

“I’ve killed her.”

 

“HAH?! You must be joking! You were just running with her!”

 

“I’m not, by the way, I’m Semi if you don’t know me.”

 

“..... Se….mi…..?” One of the guy opened his eyes widely.

 

“Hey… That ruthless Semi…?” The other guy seemed to be in shock as well.

 

While they were shockingly looking at each other, I quickly withdrew the knife from my pocket, and dashed towards them, swiftly I cut their throats deep, and they both went dropping on the floor one after another.

 

What an easy job, I thought.

 

I went back to where I asked Shijimi to stay, but she wasn’t there!

 

, where did she go?

 

While looking around, I saw the hairpin which I had bought for her on the ground...

 

………….. Was she taken away…?

 

, WERE THOSE TWO USELESS GUYS JUST BAITS?!?!

 

I ran around to trace for her but was in veins.

 

“Semi!!!!!!!!!”

 

SHIJIMI! She’s calling me!!

 

I turned to the direction of her voice, and saw a masked-guy grabbing her on the opposite side of the road.

 

“LET HER GO!!!!” I shouted over.

 

“She’s mine! Thanks for killing that two useless guys for me!”

 

I started running towards them but a van stopped just in front of them, the guy grabbed Shijimi and went onto the van before it drove off.

 

“SHIJIMI!!” I continued chasing after the van but obviously my speed wasn’t fast enough.

 

“AH!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

I felt something hitting my body and soon I felt myself flying away from where I was standing.

 

“Ughhhh!!!”

 

I opened my eyes and saw another guy lying on the floor. I sat up on the floor and saw a motorbike on the ground as well.

 

, this idiot guy just hit me with his bike.

 

But I was also the one who was dashing across the road…

 

Ughhh… I should blame it on my stupidness, getting baited by two useless guys and letting Shijimi get caught.

 

I used the rest of my energy to stand up, withstanding the pain from the injuries that I have sustained, and head towards Iwanishi’s apartment.

 

I need his help, to save Shijimi…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Hello! Been busy and tired recently so I didn’t really have much time to pursue my own interests. Haha~ Actually I have another fanfic on hand which I am still in the process of writing, it has a slight similarity with Ryosuke’s character in Cain and Abel, maybe I can post that soon as well. XD I am feeling kinda negative recently as well, I pray that good things will happen soon...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------