Chapter 31 - Welcome Back, Shijimi

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

For the next few days we were still in the midst of finding the culprit. This person apparently is great at hiding his identity, even with Iwanishi’s sources of information we could still reach no results.

 

“Semi, good news, we have finally found the real culprit.”

 

“...... What?!?! Iwanishi, you aren't joking with me right??”

 

“Of course not, here you go, his picture.”

 

“.......... Got it. I’ll get his life straightaway.”

 

“Semi, be careful, our target is not simple.”

 

“Don't doubt my ability, ok?”

 

I quickly went to where my target is at, and was able to find him easily. He tried to run away from me but I caught him and questioned him. He said he was seeking revenge on me, so he wanted to kill my lover.

 

Everything he said sounded exactly like what happened, I didn't give him more time and ended his life quick.

 

One burden was taken off my back… Although… somehow I still feel weird… Everything seemed to be going too smooth after going through a hard time finding the culprit…

 

Nevertheless, I went to Keito’s apartment after I cleaned up myself. I can't wait to see Shijimi!!

 

*Knocks*

 

……………. There was no response.

 

I knocked the door again, and there were still no response.

 

…………. Crap, where did Keito bring Shijimi to??

 

“Shijimi!!!” I shouted at the door and continued knocking.

 

*Clicks*

 

Ah! The door is opened!

 

“..... Semi!!!”

 

“.......Shi….jimi……” The words were caught in my mouth… How I miss calling her name…

 

“Come in!!”

 

“Shijimi, you're alone? Why did you take so long to open the door?”

 

“Ah, Keito went out to buy some necessities, and he told me not to open the door so…”

 

“I see… I was scared… when there were no response from you…”

 

“Semi…. I’m fine… But you seemed like you have lost weights…” Shijimi came caressing my face…

 

“Then it’s your responsibility to feed me.” I started moving closer to her, seeking for her lips…

 

…………… Almost touching her lips...

 

*Clicks*

 

“Nana, I’m back!!!”

 

“Ah!!! Keito, you’re back??” Shijimi moved away from me the moment Keito is back.

 

, this Keito chooses the best time to come back.

 

“Ah, bastard, why are you here?”

 

“I’m here to fetch Shijimi back.”

 

“Semi, have you found the culprit?” Shjimi asked me.

 

“Yeah, it was hard finding him these few weeks.”

 

“That's great!!” Shijimi smiled with relief.

 

“Yeah, I miss you so much, Shijimi…”

 

“Semi…”

 

“Okok, you guys can quickly go back and be lovey dovey.” Keito was chasing us back.

 

“Keito, thanks. I owe you one.”

 

“No problem, just take good care of Nana.”

 

We smiled at each other and I brought Shijimi back home.

 

While on the way home, I find it weird that Keito didn’t try to keep Shijimi longer,

 

“Shijimi, don’t you feel Keito was kind of weird earlier?”

 

“Hmm? What do you mean?”

 

“He sounded like he was chasing us away, didn’t he?”

 

“Ah… I think… he wanted to have some time alone with Maki too…”

 

“Huh…? Are they officially together??”

 

“Not yet! But I guess… Soon!! Hehe~”

 

“I see… That’s great!”

 

“Hmm? What thing’s great?”

 

“That I have one less rival, hehe~”

 

“Semi… You had no rivals to begin with… You know I only love you… Ah!”

 

I grabbed Shijimi into my arms tightly, “......... Shijimi…… it’s the same for me. You’re the only one who could make me behave like this…”

 

“Behave like what...??”

 

“Like this…” I moved away from Shijimi and landed my lips on hers, I was yearning so much for her warm, I want more, much more!!

 

“Umm…!!!! Umm!!!” Shijimi was trying to push me away,

 

“...... Shijimi…?”

 

“Semi… We’re in the public now…”

 

“...... I see… Then let’s get home quick.” I grabbed Shijimi’s hands and started running, running back to my apartment so I can continue what I wanted to do.

 

The moment we entered my apartment, our lips matched again, hugging each other tightly, our kisses got deeper and deeper, making our bodies temperature hotter, as we find our way to the bed, we took off each other’s clothes hastily.

 

“Umm…….” Shijimi let out her sweet voice the moment we got on the bed, and wrapped her arms over my neck for me to kiss her deeper.

 

We were yearning for each other, from deep kisses, to caressing of our bodies, the touch of our bare skin feels so great. Shijimi was feeling more sensitive than ever, probably because we hadn’t been so intimate for the past few weeks. My body got excited much faster than before as well.

 

“Shijimi…… I’m going in…” I couldn’t wait anymore!

 

“Ah…… Semi!!!!!!! AHHH!!!” Shijimi wasn’t controlling her s anymore, that sweet voice of her makes me want to give her more pleasure...

 

“Ahhhh Shijimi!!!”

 

For the whole night, we were calling each other’s name non-stop, satisfying our desires, reaching our together again and again. It was a unforgettable night, a night, full of our love for each other.

 

We ended our passionate night after using up all our stamina.

 

“Semi…”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“......... I’m thinking……”

 

“... of…?”

 

“...... will I……”

 

Shijimi started blushing so badly.

 

“What do you want to say?” I squeezed her nose gently, prompting her to finish her sentence.

 

“...... will I have your… baby……”

 

“..................Wha…...”

 

CRAP I FEEL MY FACE GETTING HOT!!

 

“............... Ah…… Forget what I’ve just said!!” Shijimi turned her body away from me, and hid her face under the blanket.

 

I smiled.

 

I flipped away the blanket, and turned her body back to face me,

 

“Silly girl…… I’m sure we will have one soon…… Because you’re so addictive…” My lips went up for Shijimi’s, gentle yet full of my love for her.

 

“...... Semi…… I want… to live a normal life with you…”

 

“...............”

 

That’s right, my life isn’t normal, my occupation isn’t normal, I can’t… provide Shijimi with a normal life...

 

“...... Shijimi…… Sorry… I’ve neglected the fact that based on my ability now I can’t provide you a normal life… I’ll…… need to stop being a killer first…”

 

“Semi… I don’t mean that!!! I…”

 

“I know… But I can’t continue like this… If I continue what I am doing now, I’ll only bring danger to you… I’ll stop killing. I want to lead a normal life with you too, Shijimi.”

 

“Semi… Sorry… I…”

 

“No more sorry! Me too… I would like to have our kid one day…”

 

“...........”

 

Shijimi was still looking depressed.

 

“Didn’t we agreed to have a kid someday? And give our kid a proper childhood? We will make that come true, Shijimi…” I looked deeply into her eyes, trying to ease her worries.

 

“......... Yeah…… It’ll definitely be fun…” Shijimi finally smiled.

 

“I can’t wait for that day to come…” I hugged Shijimi tightly in my arms, for the first time, I was looking forward to the future...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Sorry for updating late again, I’ll try to upload another chapter this month! Will Semi be able to quit his assassin job? Will he be able to provide Shijimi with a normal kind of life?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------