Chapter 16 - Short Getaway

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

Waking up in the warmth of Shijimi, I laid my eyes on her face, and came to a conclusion that she is indeed the only person in this world who can make me smile for no reasons.

 

Instinctively, my hands was caressing her hair and face, my fingertips was reaching for her lips… That pair of lips… Which was making me going crazy…

 

“Ugh……. Semi…?” Shijimi woke up in a cute manner by my disturbance.

 

“Morning, Shijimi.” While still her face, my hands wasn’t planning to move away.

 

“Why are you touching my face…?”

 

“...... Because you look too cute… I couldn’t resist…”

 

“............ Then in return you should let me touch yours too!!”

 

Shijimi’s hands reached for my face and was tickling my face and neck,

 

“AHAHAHA!!! WAIT!!! HAHAHA!! SHIJIMI!!!!” My mind went blank for a moment from those ticklish feel.

 

I grabbed hold of her hands and moved my body on top of hers, looking into her eyes deeply...

 

“Shijimi… I wonder what kind of powers do you possess, you make me behave weirdly, and… I’ll get addicted to you…”

 

I kissed Shijimi right after my last word, a deep, passionate, electrifying kiss, the sensations felt from the lips triggered throughout my body, just by kissing her I’m feeling so much.

 

“Umm…………” Shijimi looks like she’s enjoying the kiss as well.

 

I felt her arms moving to the back of my neck and wrapping them together, she pulled me closer to her and that deepened our kiss even further.

 

, I am getting excited again.

 

“Shijimi…… Don’t blame me, it’s your fault……”

 

“Hmmm….?? Ahh~~~!!!!”

 

I kissed her ears, and it probably made her ticklish, her voice was becoming so sweet and seductive.

 

I can’t stop.

 

We continued our desires for each other’s warm and touch. Even though we just had an intensive night, it was still as satisfying for us. No, it could be even more satisfying than last night.

 

Even when the sunrays were already shining on our bare bodies, it didn’t stop our lust for each other. We continued till we were both drained out of stamina.

 

“Semi……. Why are you…. not tired……? Shijimi was panting heavily as she speaks.

 

“Because… you are… too cute…” I was also catching my breath as I answered Shijimi’s question.

 

“..................” Shijimi is blushing again, I really like seeing her blushing red face.

 

“Shijimi… let’s go somewhere today…”

 

“Oh… sure…”

 

“Is there any place you want to go?”

 

“............ I……. I want to visit Semi’s hometown… I wish to know more about you…”

 

“....................”

 

What is Shijimi saying…?

 

She wants me to bring her to my hometown where I had stained them with blood with my own hands???

 

“Shijimi… I…”

 

“Semi… Just like you have accepted me for who I am, I will accept everything that was part of you too. I hope to know everything about you... ”

 

Shijimi was caressing my ears… the one which kept giving me troubles…

 

“................. Alright……”

 

That afternoon, we went to the station and I bought tickets for us to go back to my hometown in Hokkaido.

 

“This is my first time riding the shinkansen…” Shijimi said after we settled down on our seats.

 

Thinking of her life experience, I thought there must be many things she has yet to try, simple things like going to the school, making friends, shopping, or even taking a stroll along the park. I want to fill up her lost past for her, I want to be with her when she experiences her different first time.

 

“......... Hold onto my hands, it’ll go fast from now.”

 

“Ok!”

 

We reached Hokkaido after a few hours of train ride. Shijimi kept her eyes opened throughout, looking at the sceneries outside, it was as if she was a small kid on her first excursion trip.

 

“Let’s find a hotel to stay first before going for dinner.”

 

After finding our lodging, we had dinner at a family restaurant that I used to go with my parents when I was young.

 

I recalled the happy times I had with my parents. Till now I couldn't understand why they abandoned me and sold me away. Was there anything wrong I did?

 

“Semi, are you alright? You look pale…”

 

“I’m fine… I just… recalled my past memories… I once thought that I have the best parents in the world, they showered me with lots of love, yet they were also the ones who kicked me to hell… I don't understand… I really don't…”

 

“Semi… maybe they had reasons…?”

 

“I thought so too, but even till seconds before they died under my hands, they didn't spoke a single word about it. So… I’m not sure… Whether they do have a reason for abandoning me, or they just didn't want me anymore…”

 

“Semi…” Shijimi held my hands tightly while listening to me, at least I could feel calm.

 

Suddenly I felt someone looking at me… Who is it…? I turned and saw one familiar middle-aged man.

 

“....... Ryosuke…. You are Ryosuke… right?!?!”

 

“...... You are……. AHHH Nakai-san!!!”

 

“I knew I wasn't wrong!! Ryosuke!!! Where have you been?!?! How are you?!?!”

 

“I’m… fine I guess…”

 

And I was sent to get trained to be a killer by my parents.

 

I can't possibly say that right?

 

“Are you free? Let’s have a small catch up! And this lady is…?”

 

“She’s… my girlfriend…”

 

I said that naturally without any attempt to hide my relationship with Shijimi. I could see Shijimi’s face getting red again, as usual.

 

“I see! I thought so!! Hi!! I’m Nakai! I was a neighbour of Ryosuke who watched him growing up since he was a baby!!”

 

“Ahh I’m Nana, nice to meet you…”

 

“Ryosuke, come to my house, let’s have some drinks.”

 

Ryosuke… how long have I last heard of that name of mine…? Semi was a name that I started to use ever since I became a professional killer. No one else knew my real name after that.

 

Shijimi must be confused now… I will explain to her later…

 

On the way to Nakai’s house, we passed by my own house, but there wasn’t a house there anymore. Apparently it had been demolished shortly after my parents were found dead there. And since then, that space has been left empty.

 

“Semi… Are you… ok…?” Shijimi was holding onto my hands tightly, and showing me a worried face.

 

“Silly girl, I’m fine. Don’t frown.”

 

“............. Is this… where you used to stay…?”

 

“....................... Yeah……”

 

“........... Semi… I’m sorry… Maybe I shouldn’t have asked you to bring me here…”

 

“No…… Actually I’ve been wanting to come back here… But I couldn’t find the courage to… The reason why I’m able to come back here is because you’re with me…”

 

“Semi… I’ll stand by you…”

 

Soon we reached Nakai’s house whereby he served us drinks and some snacks.

 

“Ryosuke… I’ve been waiting for you to come back.” Nakai spoke after he sat down with us.

 

“Hmm…? Why…?”

 

“............ Because it’s time you get to know the truth…”

 

“......... Truth…?”

 

“The reason why you become Semi…”

 

Semi?? Did he just spoke Semi?!?!

 

“!!!!!!!!!! Nakai-san, how did you…….”

 

“I’ve been waiting for this day to come, Ryosuke…”

 

WHAT?!?!

 

The facial expression on Nakai-san became really scary… It’s totally different from the usual smiley Nakai-san I have been seeing since I was young…

 

What exactly is happening…?!?!

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Hi all! Sorry for taking time to update! This chapter reveals more on Semi’s background, and I wonder if anyone can guess what is happening between Semi and Nakai??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------