Chapter 10 - Love Rival

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

As I look at Keito and Shijimi, I felt helpless. Although I don’t like seeing Keito and Shijimi getting so close, I want Keito to check that Shijimi’s wounds are fine. She was looking in pain ever since she came to look for me.

 

“Nana! Your wounds are slightly infected, come back with me, I’ll look after you.”

 

“Keito… I’m fine… I would like to stay here…”

 

“Why? Do you not trust me anymore?”

 

“No… I want to stay with Semi…”

 

……………………..

 

Shijimi…

 

“............. Why? You don’t know this guy well yet isn’t it?? I can’t leave you under his hands. I’m bringing you back no matter what.”

 

Keito carried Shijimi up from my bed, but Shijimi was trying to get off him.

 

“Keito! No! Let me down!!!”

 

“Nana! Don’t move so much! Your wounds would tear!!”

 

“KEITO! Put Shijimi down!!”

 

I went up to stop them.

 

“Why should I listen to you? I can’t leave the girl I love under the hands of a killer.”

 

“................. What……?”

 

Did Keito just said, he… loves Shijimi…?

 

“You don’t need to be so shocked. I’ve known Nana since she was eight, I’ve been looking for her since I came back to Japan, now that I have found her, I won’t let her leave me anymore.”

 

“Keito, what are you talking about…?” Shijimi looks as shocked as me.

 

“Nana, I’ll tell you straight, I love you! I love you since we were young! When I came back to Japan three years back I’ve been looking for you. I found your parents but they told me you were dead. I couldn’t believe it! I’ve been grieving over this, I regretted leaving Japan, I should have stayed by you… You have suffered so much all these years…” Keito choked on his words.

 

“...... Keito… Can you… put me down first…?”

 

Though unwilling, Keito finally put Nana back onto my bed.

 

“Nana, please, come back to my side, I will take care of you from now.”

 

“Keito… I’ve always look up to you as a brother. I don’t hold the same kind of feelings for you. And, Semi is not as bad as you think, he has saved my life many times, I’m grateful to him…”

 

Shijimi looked at me with her truthful eyes again, I felt warm from her pair of eyes…

 

“Nana, you cannot guarantee that he won’t take your life one day right?”

 

“....... Keito, my life was dead to begin with, ever since I was captured, the Nana you know was already dead. Semi is the one who brought me back to life, I owe my life to him, he has the rights to decide whether I live or die.”

 

“NANA! Don’t be so stubborn! Just come back to me!!”

 

……………………..

 

I stood still while listening to their conversations.

 

Somehow I was very touched by what Shijimi said. She remembered every single word that I have told her…

 

And she doesn’t need to fulfill what I have said…

 

I have actually thought of letting Keito take care of her too…

 

As I am indulged in my own thinkings, I felt a pair of hands going into my pocket,

 

…………!!!!

 

“If you force me to go back with you, I’ll die right here!!!”

 

Shijimi took out one knife from my pocket and pointed towards her neck.

 

“SHIJIMI!!! PUT DOWN THE KNIFE!!”

 

“NANA!! What are you doing!! Do you hate me so much?!?!”

 

“Keito… Please… just leave me here…”

 

“..........................”

 

“.............. I got it… But if this guy doesn’t do a good job taking care of you I’ll make sure he pays for it.”

 

“..................” I stared at Keito.

 

“Nana, put down your knife, please…”

 

“Can you go back first…?”

 

“........... Alright… I’ll visit you again…”

 

Keito left my apartment reluctantly.

 

“Shijimi, give me your knife, he’s gone already…”

 

I stretched out my hands to take away Shijimi’s knife.

 

“Semi…”

 

AH!!!

 

Shijimi hugged me suddenly.

 

“Shijimi… are you alright? You’re so silly, why do you want to stay with me…?”

 

“I just want to… Can you… don’t push me away…?”

 

“...................... Silly girl……. I won’t……” I hugged Shijimi even tighter, I am getting more and more confused at myself.

 

Did I… fall in love with her…?

 

I want to protect her…

 

“And… I want to be here to stop the ringing in your ear when it rings…”

 

!!!!!!!!!

 

“Shijimi… Thank you… I’m a killer, yet you are not afraid of me, you are even willing to stay with me...”

 

“Semi, what I’m seeing now isn’t a killer, you are just a normal person, you hold emotions despite trying to hide them, you care for someone despite looking cold, you didn’t even care for your own life when you protected me. You didn’t doubt me at all, you only know me for days yet you are willing to save me again and again. I don’t care how others see you, I only see you as a normal being, and if the time comes, I’ll sacrifice myself to protect you.”

 

“What? Stop speaking nonsense, I won’t allow you to die without my permission, did you hear it clearly?”

 

I was very touched by what Shijimi just said, but her last sentence, I don’t want to accept it...

 

“Semi… my heart… is pumping really fast now…”

 

“.................”

 

Mine too……

 

“Is this… feeling of love…? I’m not sure…”

 

“............ I’m not sure either… But we’ll find out together…” I hugged Shijimi tightly, and patted on the back of her head.

 

“............ Semi… I feel so warm……”

 

“...... Just stay in my arms…”

 

I felt Shijimi’s body getting weak, and I placed her on the bed again. That Keito said her wounds have slight infections, I wonder if she is feeling alright.

 

“Shijimi, how are you feeling?”

 

“I’m feeling cold…”

 

“......... Hold on, I’ll take more blankets for you.”

 

“Wait! Semi…”

 

“Yes?”

 

“Can you… stay with me…?”

 

“......... Of course, I’ll be here.”

 

“NO! I mean… stay with me ‘here’......” Shijimi was pointing to the empty space on the bed…

 

……………. !!!!

 

WHAT?!?! Is she asking me to sleep with her…?

 

“...............” Shijimi blushed while looking away from me.

 

…………….

 

My heart is thumping again…

 

I moved onto the bed, and hugged Shijimi tightly, trying to warm her body up.

 

“Just sleep, I’ll be here…”

 

“Semi…”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of updating, was really busy due to Chinese New Year. Hope my readers are still reading this! I’ll need to continue writing my other fanfic as well. Enjoy for now!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------