Chapter 5

Candle

I folded my clothes into a couple of suitcases very nervously.I will officially live in the Takada house from this evening on, and this fact gives me the creeps. First of all there is Ryuichi-san who seems to really enjoy torturing me, and he watches every single of my steps very carefully. And then there is Yu, and I don’t really know if I could trust him or not. Since he is his brother he needs to be similar to Ryuichi-san in some way, right? On the other hand I feel like I love him, and I am afraid of living together, because what if I won’t be able to keep this feeling in me? What if it will be stronger and stronger? I just packed my last piece of clothing when someone rang the doorbell.

’What on earth are you doing here?’, Yu stood in front of me, dressed like a butler from a detective movie.

’My lady, I came to be at your service and help you ’, he bowed in front of me, while I was wondering when he lost his mind?

’What in the word are you doing?’, at that moment he raised his head and I saw he had a smile on his face the whole time.

’I told you, I will pay it back to you, didn’t I? I thought a lot about what should I do and I figured that if I was your butler, then technically you would tell me what to do or what not to do.’

’You don’t have to do this! This is so stupid!’

’Yes I do! I have to! My mom tought me that if someone helps me, I have to be grateful. That’s why I will be your butler. Please just let me do it!’

Damn it, he pulled out his puppy eyes card.

’Okay then, just sit down and wait until I finish packing’

’Yes, my lady. Your wish is my command. By the way I’m happy you will live with us. Like this, I can keep an eye on my brother, and protect you.’

’You don’t have to do this, you know that, right?’

’You are technically part of my family. So I have to protect you.’

’Let me guess, your mom told you that too.’

’No, I have always known that. Family members have to protect each other, no matter what. So I will protect you from my brother.’

’But if you protect me from him I won’t be your family member anymore.’

’Don’t be so sure about that. You could be my wife!’

I could not utter a word all of a sudden. Yu’s wife? It may would not be that bad, I feel safe by his side after all.

’I was just kidding! I wanted to see your face!’, his laughter was so honest, I could not be angry at him.

’So was it just a joke?’

’Something like that. But that does not mean, I do not want to be your husband, but first I need to fell in love with you. So, my lady, any special wish you have now?’

Can’t you possibly take me far away from here? So your brother won’t be able to hurt me any more.’, his smile disappeared suddenly, and he hugged me to his body tightly.

’I promise my brother won’t be able to hurt you any more. I will always take care of you, Hikari!’

He did not utter a word, he just kissed me ever so gently. His kiss was so gentle and I knew that what I felt was not one sided. I know I should not have to but I just let him to kiss my lips over and over again.

’Please stop this’, I felt that my tears started to tricle down my face. I just leaned my head on his shoulder and let the dam break through.

’Hikari, when will you understand that you are in danger?’

’How many times do I have to tell you that is none of your buisness and please do not want to tell me what I should do with my life.’, at this he grabbed my arm strongly I deeply stared into my eyes.

’Don’t you understand, that your situation concerns me? I want to protect you. I would never hurt you, and you really would be happy by my side. Please break up with my brother and be with me instead.’

I felt that I started to cry yet again and I just could not hold myself up. I leaned my head on Yu’s chest, crying.

’But I am afraid! If I break up with your brother he will take his revange for sure. I cannot be with you because I do not want to destroy your family.’

’Hikari, I-’

’You don’t have to say anything, Yu. Even if I love you deep inside, it would never work between us. Your brother would never accept if he had to see us together. So please do not talk about this any more. Trust me, it will be better for both of us.’

’Why do you want to break me? Why do you want me to see you by my brother’s side every single moment?’

’Yu, please, don’t do this! I don’t even know, what should I think any more. But I know that that’s you who I love.’, it was somehow easier to say it out loud than I thought.

’Then why are you not with me, Hikari? If it’s really me, who you love, then at least promise me, it will not change!’

’How could it change? You are the only man in my life who treats me like a woman. To your brother I am just a trophy, which he got and would never give to anyone.’

’And that’s exactly why you should do something! You don’t deserve this! You are too perfect to force yourself into something like this!’

He stepped closer to me again and kissed me again. And I kissed him back. I just let that deep feeling I had for him to wash over me. This kiss was really full of passion. Yu held my head at place and I put my hands on his waist. Who knows what would have happened if something had not destroyed the moment instantly.

’What the hell are you doing?’, I only know one person who talks like this.

’Ryuichi-san?’