Chapter 3

Candle

Today was my first day at the company as the new CEO’s secretary. I was a bit concerned because Yu did hurt me quite a bit with his many questions.  Of course I am not mad because he does not get the situation at all, on the contray, I am very glad because if he knew, what is going on between me and his brother, that would ruin his family and I do not want that. Not in the slightest. After I had made myself presentable, I wanted to go, but a rather big black car stopped in front of the house and to my greatest suprise Yu-kun was the one, who opened its door.

’Please forgive me for what I did yesterday’, he smiled a bit and and gave me a bucket of roses.

’I am not mad, but please stop asking about it. The spot on my hand was because of my allergy I’m sure I forgot to use the medicine I had gotten from the doctor the other day.’

’I will pretend, I believe this but just for you. Come, get in, I will bring you to the office.’

’Please do not bother. I can get in by myself’

’We need to talk about the schedule, so please, just get in’

I nodded with my head once and got in the car. It felt a bit uncomfortable, because I was not used to travel in these kinds of cars.

’What will be my task, Takada-san?’, I changed my style. It became more serious, than it was just a moment ago.

’My father put his trust in me with a serious project, and I would like you to help me with that. You just need to accompany me to the client and I will need your help there too.’

’Why does it have to be me? Why my presense is so important?’

’I need someone to be with me at the meeting, I have no other reason.’

Okay, I have to say I do not really get it. So he just needs somebody to shine with, or what? Anyway, does he really need my help or he just wants to pay attenion to me? I hope it is not the second option, because if it is, then I do not care he is my boss and he can fire me, I will give him a piece of my mind.

After we had arrived Yu-kun helped me out of the car and we entered the building. Of course everything went wrong when we met Ryuichi-san right at the next moment.

’Hikari, why did you come with my brother?’

’You did not even know did you, brother dearest? Hikari-chan became my secretary so from now on we will spend a lot of time togeteher.’, a biting smile climbed onto his face, and I was there, panicking between the two of them and I thought it would be the best to keep my mouth shut.

’Hikari does not need to be a plain secretary, she is my future wife after all, and I do not want her to do such a simple job.’

’To be honest, it does not matter what I will do’, i mumbled, but both of them heared it.

’I will wait for you in my office, get things straight with my brother’, Yu-kun turned his back to us and let us alone.

’Come with me right in this moment’, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into his office.

’Let me go, it really hurts!’, I almost started to cry. I have already gotten used to this, buti t really did hurt anyways.

’Did not I tell you I do not want to see you with other men? That includes my brother too!’

’I did not want to accept it at all. He wanted to be with me no matter what. If it bothers you that much, you need to talk to him but leave me out of it, please. Don’t you understand that I am afraid of you?’, I shouted at him, and he caressed my arm gently.

’I’m sorry but when I see you with somebody else, it makes me angry. Don’t you understand that? You know how crazy you make me.’

’Yes, I know, but please do not hurt me, you just cause me pain.’

’I promise I will behave myself. Oh, my father asked me to invite you for dinner tonight, so please come over.’

’I will be there, do not worry.’, I nodded with my head once and I went to Yu-kun’s office.

’Hikari-chan, what happened? Don’t tell me it’s your allergy again I do not believe that.’. I did not tell a word, but I put my head on his shoulder.

’I can’t do this anymore.’

’What did my brother do to you? You must tell me. Please do not think I’m an idiot. I saw how he looked at you’

’He does not like it if I am with any other men, that’s all. But sometimes he goes to extremes.’

Yu-kun just holded my wrist gently and pressed a kiss at the sore spot. I felt a teardrop on my cheek. It’s the first time I feel like someone really cares for me, even if that someone is actually my boss.

’I won’t let him to break these delicate hands again. I will talk to my brother, don’t worry.’

’Please don’t. I do not want him to go any further.’

’Has he already hit you?’

When I did not answer, he raised his voice.

Answer me! Has he already hit you?!’

’It happened.’, he balled his hands into fists and it really scared me. I was afraid he will do something crazy and I grabbed his hands with force.

’Please do not do anything you will feel sorry for, later. Let’s just start working.’

I could calm him and we started to work. Yu-kun had an idea how to convince the client to take part in our project to create a new holiday center. It will be hard, but he is very determind and I took it as a good sign.

’That’s all for now. Go home, and change now. My father mentioned you will eat with us tonight.’

’Yes, but I don’t think you will need me there now. I’d rather go to a quiet place, where I do not have to think of this whole situation.’

’Come with me! If you are really feel that uncomfortable with my brother, come with me for a ride! Are you in?’

’I do not want any more trouble with your brother. Please do not ask me something, that may cause me trouble.’ , I smiled a bit, and left the office.

To tell you the truth that would not have been bad to be alone with him, but I have to be there at that dinner. After I had gone home, I put on a light pink dress, I made my hair and make-up and took a taxi what brought me to the Takada house.

’Hikari-chan, thank you for accepting my invitation.’ Yu and Ryuichi’s father opened the door himself.

’Thank you for your invotation, Takada-san.’, I nodded with my head and unfortunatelly found myself right in front of Yu-kun.

He wore a bright red shirt with the two topmost buttons left open. Maybe it happened with purpose. I took a deep breath and I tried not to notice how handsome he was.

’Hikari-chan I’d like to introduce my younger son, Yu.’

’Dad, we already know each other quite well. You may don’t know, but Hikari-chan is my secretary and we have already started to work together. Right?’

I nodded nervously because Ryuichi-san looked at us rather angrily.

’Yes, but at first I had no idea Yu-kun also works at the company. I thought he runs a restaurant.’

’That’s just a stupid dream. Yu knows quite well that he would casue demage in the fame of the company.’

’Why do you think, I care about it? That was the basic of our bargain in the first place.’

’We should not talk it through here and now.’, said Takayuki-kun to Yu, but he just could not let it go.

’Why not? I don’t think Hikari-chan would die if she knew what’s going on in her future family. I accepted the post and came back to Japan because my dad let me to open my own restaurant. I wanted to work and use my knowledge about gastronomy.

’Let’s eat now’, interupted Ryuichi, and I was glad he is here.

Honestly, I don’t really get, what is going on in this family, but I do not even want to understand it. We started to eat, and at the end of the dinner Ryuichi-san really shocked me with something. He made me stand up and turned me towards himself.

’Hikari, we have been together for ages now, and so I decided, it’s time to bring our relationship to a new level. Please, marry me!’, he knelt down in front of me, and it really scared me.

I had no idea, what should I tell to him. Takayuki-kun stood next to us. He was happy and proud. But Yu-kun suprised me very much. His eyes seem to beg me not to say yes to his brother.

’I’m sorry!’, I nodded with my head and ran out of the house.

If I had had to stay there even a minute longer, I would have lost my mind for sure. Yes, I know, I will pay for this, but it really made me scared. I do not want marriage at all yet, I am not ready for that. I tried to calm myself a bit, when suddenly two arms hugged my waist from behind.

’I’m so happy, you did not say yes to him!’

’What on earth are you doing, Yu-kun? Have you lost your mind?’

’Yes, and it’s bacause of you! I know I just started to get to know you, but I am attracted to you for some reason, very much so! Please do not want to say yes to my brother, because he can’t make you happy.’

’Take me away from here. The further, the better.’

’Do you really want that?’

’Yes, let’s just get out of here!’, we got into Yu-kun’s car and he just started to drive.

It did not matter to me, where we are gong I just wanted to get as far from that house as possible.

’Where are you taking me, Yu-kun?

’To your house. You did not think you should go anywhere in this condition, did you? You should rest and calm down in your own home. It was quite enough for me that you had not said yes to him’

’Why do you want to inhibit my marriage with your brother so badly?’

’I told you, I am attracted to you very much and I want to know as much about you as possible. And my brother is too violent with you. It would be dangerous for you to stay by his side.”

’Please let’s just not talk about this now. It is the last thing I want to hear about right now.’, when we arrived, Yu-kun helped me out of the car.

’Well, it’s time to say goodbye, I guess. Good night, Hikari-chan.’, he wanted to leave, but I held him back.

’Don’t you want to come in?’