Chapter 4

Candle

At the end Yu came with me into the house and I was very happy, because he did so. At least I did not have to be alone.

’Do you live here alone?’, he looked around the tiny flat.

’No, Saya also lives here, thus neither of us had to pay that much for living, but I am sure she is asleep now.’ Yu-kun sat down and pulled me with him too, so I ended up in his lap in some kind of an awkward way.

’It’s so calming to be alone with you. If I could, I would never let you go.’

’Please stop this. You are just my partner’s brother, nothing else. So please accept it, and behave like that.’

’Hikari are you home already? Yu-kun, what are you doing here?’ Okay she was the last person I needed. This day is just getting worse and worse.

’Saya-chan, I am sorry to bother you, I think I should go anyway.’

’Oh I do not want to disturb you. I’d rather go back to bed, and let you talk.’

Fortunately she came to her senses and went back to her room.

’Thank you for staying with me. It would be so bad to stay here alone and just think.’

’What about your parents?’

They got divorced, when I was in middle school. I did not want to choose between them, so I moved in with Saya.’

’I’m sorry to hear that. It must have been really bad.’

Yeah, it was. And you? What is your story?’

’I was very little when I lost my mom. My brother was always perfect in buisness. I always preferred to cook and eat and so I did not want to join to the family business. But unfortunately I could not avoid it. So I made a deal with my father. I will get my own restaurant if I become the CEO of the company. It’s pretty hard to manage both of my jobs, but sorry not sorry, I can’t do anything with the current situation.’

’I’m sure you will find the solution of this, Yu-kun’

’Can’t we just stop being so freaking formal? I’d like you to simply call me Yu, Hikari! I know one day you will say yes to my brother and so you will shatter my heart.’

’But you are not in love with me. How could I shartter your heart?’

’Do you think I would not be able to fall in love with you? But you are perfect, Hikari! You can’t even start to believe how so!’

’Please do not tell me things like this. You will make me blush.’, he caressed my face with his hand and with this, he really made me smile.

’I’m sure you would be even more beautiful then. I just wish you would be mine and not my brother’s. I would be able to make you happy and you would get everything, no matter what you would wish for.’

’Yu, please, don’t do this to me. I’m confused enough at the moment. Let’s just sleep, okay. I got very tired.’

’I will sleep on the couch, you just go into your room.’

’I’d rather stay here with you, if it’s okay. Let’s just sleep, okay?’ I leaned my head on his shoulder and fell asleep instantly.

When I woke up next day Yu was not by my side anymore. I’m sure he already left for work and I am running late. But just then the pleasant fragrance of cinnamon hit my nose.

’Breakfast is ready’, Yu showed up, wearing my pink, strawberry patterned apron above his red shirt. He was cute and very y at the same time.

’You made me breakfast? You should not have done it!’

’I don’t have any work in the office today, so I thought I will make you some pancakes before I open the restaurant, so you don’t have to go to work without any breakfast.’

’You are unbelivable, you know that right? But thank you for thinking of me!’

We went to the kitchen where we ate our breakfast. I have to tell you those pancakes were delicious. After breakfast Yu-kun went to the restaurant but first he had taken me to the office because I would have been late otherwise.

’Hikari!’, the first thing I heared was Ryuichi-san’s voice.

’I’m so sorry for yesterday’, I turned my head down.

’What on earth happened to you? If you wouldn’t want to be my wife you should have just tell me that.’

I’m sorry but I think the wedding came rarher suddenly. You know my parents wedded early and they got divorced at the end. I don’t want to be like them.’

Yes, that too is quite a good reason, plus the fact that Yu has just enchated me. I want to deny it but I fail. Miserably.

’I’m sorry, I did not know that! I’m such an idiot!’

’Don’t blame yourself, you did not say anything wrong. Let’s just please wait with the wedding. I do not want to rush it.’

’Let’s so be it. I’m sorry but I need to go back to work. Speakng of which… You have not seen my brother yet today have you?’

’Why should I know where he is?’

’He went after you to check on you last night.’

’He just took me home, I did not see him after that.’

’Strange, he should be here today. He usually don’t do things like this.’

Oh, so he lied to me. I will give him a piece of my mind for this for sure. After Ryuichi-san had said goodbye I went to the office and started to work on the project. Of course I did the work Yu should have done. At one point I just called him all of a sudden.

’Have you already missed me? We said our goodbyes minutes ago.’, his voice was very soft and I couldn’t hear any mischief in it.

’Would you please tell me, why did you lie to me? You said you did not have to go here but you actually should have!’

’I’m really sorry, but the restaurant was more important today. Please, do not be mad at me.’, he begged and my anger started to dissolve.

’Your brother tried to find you through me. I barely could pull myself out of the situation.’

’What did you tell him?’

’That you just took me home. I did not tell him you spent the night at my house.’

’I will express my gratitude, I promise, but I need to go now, my customers are waiting for me.’, he disconnected the line. Oh so we play like this.

’Hikari!’, Saya showed up at the door. ’I did not know you get along so well with Yu-kun.’

’He is my partner’s brother. It’s natural that we get along.’

’This much?! He slept at our place! I know something happened so, spit it out, would you?’

’Ryuichi-san wanted to get engaged yesterday but I ran away instead of an asnwer. Yu-kun took me home and stayed there at the end, but nothing happened. Nothing else.’

’Hikari, don’t try to fool yourself. I know how much you like Yu-kun.’

’That’s not true! There is nothing I should like in him!’

’Oh yeah? So tell me, what you do not like in him?’

’Ummm, there is the… and the…’, I did not have a clue what I should tell her. There is not any thing I do not like in him. After all he was always polite with me, and he seems to want to protect me on his own way.

Is it possible that I fell in love with Yu-kun? No, that’s completly impossible.

’Hikari, this is wonderful, after all, you are not in love with Ryuichi-san anymore, right?’

’I just do not want him to do that again, Saya.’

’Did he hit you again?’

’Yu-kun took me to work yesterday before the dinner. Ryuichi-san get to know it, and so he shouted at me and grabbed my arm strongly. What if Yu is as violent as his brother?’

’I know Yu-kun and I know he would never try to hurt you, Hikari. Please do not stay by his side out of fear because you will feel sorry for that.’

’I think I should go now. I have finished my work for now.’, I did not want to stay there any longer, I just needed to relax.

I just left the building of the company when I recieved a message from Ryuichi-san and he asked me to go over to his house. I did not want to, but I had to go there.

’I’m sorry I wanished just like that yesterday.’, I turned down my head in front of Takada-san.

’I need you to accept my apology. Ryuichi told me why you do not want the wedding yet and we understand your decision. My son and I thought you may move over here so you can habituate to each other even more.’

Seriously? This is the worst idea I have ever heard. Think, Hikari, think.

’It would be a pleasure to live here.’

Am I seriously this stupid? It is the worst idea because Ryuichi-san will never be cured out of his jealousy. That is for sure. And what happened on top of all this? Yu’s arrival happened.

’My dear family. I have something to tell you. I have decided to move back here so please get my room ready.’

’That’s woderful, Yu! Hikari-chan will also live with us!’

’Seriously? I’m so happy! I’m sure we will be a beautiful family together.’

Family? Me and Yu, a family? I hope this is just a bad dream and I will be awake again soon enough.