Chapter 2

Candle

The next morning I went directly to the building of the company. Ryuichi –san offered to send a car for me, but i refused him kindly. I would not like the other workers to think that I am special because I am the girlfriend of the boss’s son. Right after I had arrived, Saya attacked me immediately. 

’Hikari, imagine this. The boss’s younger son will arrive to the company today! He learnt management in Europe until now so he must be some kind of a super cool person!’
To tell you the truth I have alwasy hated if a person was this hyped. Why do they talk about a total stranger like a superhero?

’I would like to know him first and create my opinion after that, thank you very much.’

’Yu-kun’, shouted Saya, and so I finally saw th ebig boss’s son. His short black hair was simply wonderful without that kerchief. He wore a set of black suit, snow white shirt and a black tie. Our eyes met for a second and he flashed his pretty smile. He stopped suddenly and came to me.

’What a pleasant suprise!’, he pulled a piece of paper out of his pocket and gave it to me. 

’What’s this?’

’The recipe of yesterday’s dish. Since you did not come back I thought I would write it down.’

’Oh, damn! I’m so so sorry. I completly forgot it!’, I nodded with my head once and he just smiled at me-

’It’s totally okay. Although I was a little sad because I could not see you again.’

’Can we call each other on our given names? It’s so uncomfortable for me like this.’

’My brother is lucky, because he has such a beautiful girlfriend like you.’ I blushed furiously. It felt so good to be appraised like this.

’I must go now, I have a lot of work to do’, I nodded with my head and went straight tot he meeting room.
If I wanted to be honest with myself, I enjoyed our talk. Ryuichi-san is a couple of years older than me, and normally we can only talk about work. I won’t say I am not happy by his side, but I think, with Yu-kun, I am more like myself even if I do not know him that much. When we all arrived to the meeting room. President Takeda started to talk.

’Thank you all for being here. It’s a great pleasure of mine, that I can introduce you to the new CEO of our company, Takeda Yu.’
Yu-kun stepped to the front and it made me totally confused. So he does not own the restaurant where we were yesterday after all. I was sure abot the fact that he will be my boss, but I did not understand it at all. 

’My name is Takeda Yu. I would like to keep working hard because of the company. Because I assume everybody wants to keep our current position. ’, he nodded his head and everybody started to cheer at once. I would rather get lost int he crowd.

’Hikari! How cool is this! Yu-kun will be our new boss!’

’Yes, sure, it is wonderful.’ I went out of the meeting room and I wanted to go home at once.

’Hikari-chan’, Yu-kun’s voice forced me to stop.

’Im sorry, I just did not feel myself very well’

’Can you please come with me? I would like to talk to you in private.’, I nodded and went after him. We went to an office. On the door there was a board with Yu-kun’s name on it, with rather big kanji. I was a bit affraid but at the end I went inside.

’Please, have a seat.’, I sat down and started to play with my fingers nervously.

’Why would you like to talk to me?’

’I need somebody who will help me with my job and explain me how this company works. I would like you to be that person.’, he was a totally different person now than he was when I met him for the first time. He did not smile and his voice was a lot lower now.

’But why me?’

’Because you have been working at this company for ages and you are the only one I know right now.’

’I don’t think it’s a good idea.’, he then grabbed my hands ever so gently. My heart raced and I started to feel a good but suffocating feeling.

’I need your help. Please just accept it.’, I did not have a slightest idea what should I answer to him. He looked so desperate and I did not want to hurt him. 

’All right, Takada-san I will accept.’, I gently pulled my hands oit of his and stood up.

’Please do not behave like this. I do not want to be such a big distance between us.’

’You are the boss and I am the employee. Now, if it’s all right, I am leaveing.’, I wanted to go, but he stopped me again.

’Come to the restaurant tonight!’

’I do not think it’s a good idea. Why should I go?’

’Because I want to talk to you under calm circumstances’

’If this is what you want, then I will go’, I nodded with my head and left the office.
I was very angry at myself because I could not say no to him. He was so different now than he was at the restaurant. He was not that smiley, boy with sparkling eyes I got to know. I just hoped he is not violent and I do not have to figure it out in the restaurant. At the end of the work I went home to make myself acceptable, but unfortunately I was not alone.

’Hikari! You are home finally!’

’Ryuichi-san, what are you doing here?’

’I wanted to suprise you! Do you go somewhere?’

’To tell you the truth I was invited for dinner, but if it is a problem, I will not go.’
Who invited you?’, he ticled my arm and gave me a kiss to my mouth.

’Just and old friend’

’All right. I see you really want to go. Would you like me to bring you to the retaurant?’

’Don’t make yourself tired. I will go with taxi. Sorry I can’t stay here with you.’, I carassed his face and kissed him. 
I do not like to lie to him, but I know how jelous he can be, and I do not want to pay for this again. I went into the bathroom to change, and then went straight to the restaurant. I saw lights int he building.
’Yu-kun’, I stepped into the restaurant. I saw he was busy in the kitchen.
’Hikari-chan, have a seat, I will be right there’, he shouted from the kitchen.
His voice was joyful, just like yestreday, when we met. I sat down at the counter, when Yu-kun showed up.

’Why did you ask me to come here?’

’I thought we could talk and eat this.’, he took the cover off of a big bowl of Miso soup.

’This sounds good, but I have a question first. What was wrong with you in the office? Why did you behave like you did?, his smile dissapared at once and his face become all sreious again.

’We need to separate the two jobs. I can’t let myself this behaviour in the office. I’m sorry if I hurt you.’

’No, I am sorry because I attacked you like this. I should not have. What would you like to talk about?’

’Are you happy with my brother?’

’What?’

’I just want to know if you are happy. You are part of our family after all so I just want to be sure, my brother makes you happy.’
I din not want to lie to him, but I did not want to tell him the truth either, simply because it’s not his buisness.

’Of course I am happy with him!’

’Why are your eyes stating the complete opposite then? You may say you are happy, but your eyes can’t lie.’

’Did you call me here, because you wanted to talk about your brother? Because if it is the case, I will leave now.’, I wanted to go, but he cought my wrist.

’Don’t go! Please, do not leave me here. Just sit back!’, I nodded and sat back to my place.

’Let’s not talk about my private life, please. I hate to talk about it.’

’What’s that red spot on your hand?’, I checked my wrist and I saw a red spot on it. I must took it yesterday when I fiought with Ryuchi-san again. He is very jelous and he likes to prove it regularly.

’Funny, I do not even notice it until now’, I tryed to smile but he saw right through me.
’It was not on your hand yesterday. Did something happen with my brother?’

’Are we here again? Look, it’s very kind of you, that you care this much, but it’s none of your buisness. And I really need to go now!’
I took my bag, and left the restaurant without any more word. I would not like him to know what is happening between me and his brother, because I did not want him to be part of all these craziness. If he knew the truth, that would destroy the connection between him and his brother.