Chapter 28 - Double Date

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

The next day, I was planning to bring Shijimi for a date. I think she loves theme parks, so I thought of bringing her to one again.

 

“Semi, good morning!!”

 

“Shi… ah umm!!”

 

Shijimi sealed my lips before I could speak.

 

“Shijimi, you’re really getting naughtier day by day.”

 

“Hehe, Semi, isn’t it all thanks to you??”

 

“Silly girl… How are you feeling?”

 

“Yeah!! I’m feeling very energetic!”

 

“Haha~ shall we go on a date then?”

 

“Really?!?! Where are you bringing me???”

 

“Where do you want to go?”

 

“Hmm… Theme park!!!”

 

“I knew it… haha~ Ok, let’s get up and prepare ourselves.”

 

After getting dressed up, we were going to leave our apartment, I opened the door and got a shock.

 

“NANA!!!”

“NANA!!!”

 

“Ah!! Maki and Keito!!! Hello!!!” Shijimi was really in high spirits. I was really relieved seeing that she has recovered from her sad emotions.

 

“Ah, Nana, are you going out?” Maki asked Shijimi.

 

“Yeah!! Semi is bringing me for a date to the theme park!!”

 

“Huh… a DATE…?” Keito stressed on that word.

 

“Yeah, what’s wrong with bringing MY GIRLFRIEND out on a DATE???” I purposely stressed on those words to piss Keito as well.

 

“............. In that case I’m joining, Nana, you won’t mind right???”

 

HAH?!?! What is this Keito saying?!?!

 

“Me too me too!!! It’s been so long since I last went one!!!”

 

Maki too…

 

CRAP I have a bad feeling…

 

“Sure!! The more the merrier!!! Let’s go!!”

 

……………….. Shijimi actually allowed them to join us…

 

Crap… My date with Shijimi… is ruined…

 

“Semi, let’s go!!!” Shijimi showed me her wide and bright smile.

 

And yet it is the smile that I can’t resist, “alright…”

 

We ended up going to the theme park together.

 

Upon reaching the theme park, Maki suggested to ride the rollercoaster first.

 

Crap… of all things she has to suggest that… I can't ride the rollercoaster…

 

While queuing for the ride, I kept quiet throughout while they were happily chatting together.

 

“Semi…? Are you alright…?” Shijimi noticed me…

 

“Yeah…”

 

“Oh yes, I forgot Semi has phobia for rollercoaster!”

 

……… Maki revealed my weakness.

 

“Huh… A man who couldn't ride the rollercoaster huh? That’s so embarrassing! Nana, do you want to consider dating me instead?”

 

I knew that Keito would definitely take the chance to shame me again.

 

“Semi, I’ll go take other rides with you then.” Shijimi held my hands and wanted to drag me out of the queue.

 

“No. I’ll ride it.”

 

For Shijimi as well as for my pride.

 

“Semi, don't force yourself…”

 

“I’m not…”

 

…………….…….

 

And I rode it.

 

I felt my body frozen after the ride. It was so scary. If not for Shijimi, I would never ride it.

 

“Semi, thanks for riding with me. Let’s go have some snacks now.”

 

“Shijimi, don't you want to ride the others first?”

 

“Hehe, actually, I’m trying to push Maki and Keito together. And…”

 

“... and…?”

 

“I want to spend some time with you… Just with you alone…” Shijimi said and blushed.

 

“Silly girl!” I squeezed Shijimi’s nose gently.

 

We had some time alone before arranging to meet up with Maki and Keito.

 

We waited at the place for Maki and Keito to come. We saw them coming in our direction soon, and they were holding ice creams.

 

“Ah!” Maki screamed when she was knocked down by a bunch of teenagers.

 

“Hey! Apologise!” Keito saw and confronted them.

 

“What? She wasn't looking her way as well!” The teenager refuted Keito.

 

“I SAID, APOLOGISE.” Keito grabbed the teenager by his collar and intimated him.

 

“....... Soooo-rrrry…..!” The teenager got scared and apologized and ran away immediately.

 

“Maki, are you alright?” Keito squatted down to look at Maki.

 

I was about to drag Shijimi over to their side but she stopped me,

 

“Shijimi…?”

 

“Semi, look… Can you see love is growing between them?”

 

I turned to look at Maki and Keito, Keito was helping to brush away the dirt on Maki’s legs, and Maki was looking shy while Keito is doing so.

 

I smiled.

 

“Yeah, Shijimi… I saw it too…”

 

This is really an unexpected turnout. I thought my date would be ruined today, but it seemed like a double date now.

 

Did Shijimi, foresee all these? Afterall she was very close to them recently, maybe she has sensed their weird behaviors before this date already.

 

“Shijimi…”

 

“Yes…?”

 

“I’m amazed at how you always manage to create miracles.”

 

“Hmm? What have I done?”

 

“Silly girl, thanks for allowing me to meet you. You have brightened my life in a way I never thought it would be.”

 

“Semi…”

 

“Semi, Nana! We’re back! But the ice cream has dropped down on the floor.” Maki spoke while walking towards us.

 

“Yeah, those brats, I wanted to punch them.” Keito was still angry over earlier incident.

 

“Cool down, I just had a light fall, it’s not so serious.”

 

“But!!”

 

“Okok, I’ll buy you cakes, ok?”

 

“.......... I want strawberry shortcake.”

 

“No problem, let’s go!!”

 

Shijimi and I looked at this pair of silly couple to be, and we then smiled to each other.

 

We went home separately after a long day of playing.

 

I felt very tired so I slept very early tonight...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

“How does it feel seeing your loved one being tortured? HAHAHA!!!”

 

What is this…? AH!! Someone has captured Shijimi, and was torturing her non-stop!

 

“LET GO OF SHIJIMI!!! LET HER GO!!!”

 

I screamed at the loudest of my voice, pleading the kidnapper to let go of Shijimi.

 

“Sure, I’ll let her off…”

 

He finally let go of Shijimi, and I was about to run up to catch hold of Shijimi with my arms…

 

*BANGS!*

*BANGS!*

 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

HE SHOT SHIJIMI!!! HE SHOT HER TWICE!!

 

“SHIJIMI!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

……………………… ………!!!!

 

I managed to catch Shijimi in my arms, but she was already bleeding furiously,

 

“Shijimi!!! Hang on!!! You’ll be fine!! HANG ON!!”

 

“Semi… Sorry… and… goodbye… I… I love you…”

 

I felt Shijimi’s weight became heavier and colder…

 

“No… Shijimi… No.... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

 

“SEMI!!! SEMI!!!!!!!!! WAKE UP!!!!!!!!”

 

Hmm…?? Who is calling me…?

 

“SEMI!!!! WAKE UP!!! PLEASE!!!”

 

Ah…! Shijimi?!?!

 

Shijimi’s face appeared right after I opened my eyes.

 

“Shijimi…? SHIJIMI!! Ughh!!” I was trying to sit up but I felt strengthless.

 

“Semi!! Calm down!! You must have had a nightmare!!”

 

“Nightmare…?”

 

Oh, it was a dream…? It was a scary yet realistic dream…

 

“Shijimi…” I forcefully sat up and hugged Shijimi tightly.

 

“Semi… Don’t scare me… You are having high fever now, and you were calling my name non-stop. I tried to wake you up, but you didn’t seem to hear me…” Shijimi spoke with a really worried voice.

 

“...... Fever…? I’m having a fever…?”

 

No wonder I am feeling headache and bodyache now…

 

“Yeah… You seemed listless ever since we came back, you fell asleep really fast, and I found that you were having fever. While looking after you, you started calling my name, and was even crying in your sleep…”

 

“Shijimi… Sorry for making you worry… I’m fine… I just had a scary nightmare…”

 

I pat Shijimi on her back gently.

 

“Semi, I’m here… I’ll be here by your side… I won’t leave you…” Shijimi patted back on my head.

 

…………………………..

 

I felt my eyes getting wet… Somehow Shijimi can always know what I am feeling…

 

“Shijimi… I probably can’t live without you anymore…”

 

“............... Semi…… it’s the same for me……”

 

I got worried… Will what happened in my dream come true…?

 

Is that a sign that something bad is going to happen…?

 

What should I do…?

 

My brain… is not working...

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: The calm before the storm, will something like what took place in Semi’s dream happen in real life too?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------