Chapter 26 - A Difficult Task

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

Arghh…… My nose is feeling so ticklish...

 

Who is touching me…???

 

I opened my eyes, and saw Shijimi’s widely opened eyes looking at my face…

 

“AH! Shijimi, what are you doing??”

 

“Hehe~ I’m measuring the angle of your sharp nose.”

 

“........... Silly girl…” I squeezed Shijimi’s cheeks in return.

 

“Ahh!! Semi!!! It’s so painful!!” Shijimi was grabbing my hands away, but I turned my body and laid on top of her.

 

“You are getting naughtier day by day huh… I think I need to find new ways to punish you…”

 

“................ Whats…….” Shijimi pouted and showed a displeased face.

 

I smiled, and pressed down on her lips with mine.

 

“Um………….” Shijimi let out her sweet voice again.

 

CRAP… I’M GETTING…

 

EXCITED AGAIN...

 

*RINGS*

 

It was my phone ringing, but I was pretending not to hear it, nobody shall disturb my time with Shijimi…

 

While still kissing Shijimi, my phone was still ringing non-stop.

 

! WHO IS IT?!?!

 

“Semi……. Your phone is ringing…”

 

“............... Wait for me, Shijimi…”

 

I went to pick up my phone reluctantly.

 

“.............” I didn’t bother to greet this man, he always chooses the best time to interrupt between Shijimi and me.

 

“Semi! Why did you take so long to pick up the phone?!?! Have you forgotten about your partner?!?!”

 

“................. Stop your crap Iwanishi, I swear one day I will kill you with my own hands.”

 

“Ohoh~ I must have interrupted between you and your Shijimi again… Am I right?!?!”

 

“Cut your story short!”

 

“Okok, after you’re done with Shijimi, rush down to my place, ok? I’ve got a new job for you.”

 

“Alright. Remember to wash your neck again.”

 

“Hehe! My neck is always clean, see ya later!”

 

After putting down the phone, I was about to go back to do what I wanted to with Shijimi, but she wasn’t on the bed.

 

“Semi, I’m going out with Maki today.”

 

“Huh…” Crap, I’m feeling jealous again… “Shijimi, is Keito going too?”

 

“Ah! NO!! Just Maki and me! Maki wants to shop for new clothes so she asked me along.”

 

“............... I see…… Alright….. Take care and don’t come back too late ok…” A sudden loneliness hit me greatly.

 

Since when I have become so reliant on Shijimi…?

 

“............. Semi…… are you not happy…? Let me reject Maki and stay with you.” Shijimi came to my side and showed a worried face.

 

“Silly girl… I’m not unhappy… I’m just feeling a little jealous again… You should go with Maki, she’s an important friend to you right? And I need to go to Iwanishi’s place today too. So just enjoy yourself today, alright?” I smiled to assure Shijimi that I am fine.

 

“Ok!!!” Shijimi gave me a peck on my cheeks and started preparing to go out.

 

I took a quick shower and went to Iwanishi’s place.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

At Iwanishi’s Apartment

 

“Oh Semi! You’re early!!”

 

“.................... It’s all thanks to you.”

 

“............. Semi, you’re becoming colder to me day by day…”

 

“...................”

 

“Hehe~ I see that you’re enjoying your time with your Shijimi… right?”

 

“Huh… What do you know about us?”

 

“Hmm…… I don’t know much, but I can see from you…”

 

“.............. What do you mean…?”

 

“Hehe Semi, you are becoming so cute and innocent…”

 

“Iwanishi, go straight to the point!”

 

“Okok, you’ve been asking me to wash my neck, but you haven’t been washing yours, right? It’s either that… Or the stains can’t be washed away…” Iwanishi was showing me a really disgusting smile.

 

“What… stains…?” I touched my neck but there was nothing so I was still puzzled over Iwanishi’s words.

 

“Semi…… you have just had an intense night with Shijimi… right…?”

 

“............ IWANISHI!!!”

 

“Okok don’t get so agitated! I did not install any camera in your room! I could guess what happened last night just by looking at your neck.”

 

“.................. What exactly is with my neck……?”

 

“Take a look yourself.” Iwanishi passed me a mirror.

 

I took it over and looked at my neck.

 

…………….!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

OH MY GOD.

 

THERE WAS A LOT OF LOVE BITES LEFT BY SHIJIMI ON MY NECK!!!!

 

No wonder Iwanishi had been teasing me with a smirk on his face…

 

“..................................” I went speechless for a moment and tried to cover my neck with my shirt.

 

“Semi, there isn’t a need to be shy… This is normal between lovers… But I’m glad for you, it appears that you are getting along well with your Shijimi.”

 

“......................” I felt blood gushing to my face, making it hot.

 

“Okok Semi, I’ll stop teasing you. Let’s get into the main topic.”

 

“..............”

 

“Here, this is your target this time.” Iwanishi passed me a photo as usual.

 

“....... This man…….”

 

“Do you know him?”

 

“He looks familiar…”

 

Where did I meet him before…?

 

“........... Ahhh!!!” I screamed upon recalling who he is.

 

“Semi, don't scare me! I have a weak heart.”

 

“He is…….”

 

The man who we passed by on the streets after I first went shopping with Shijimi...

 

He is…

 

Shijimi’s father. The non-biological one. The one who sold her away...

 

“Semi, who is he?”

 

“....... Nothing… If there's nothing else I’m leaving.”

 

“Ok Semi, give me a call after you finished the job.”

 

“Um.” I left Iwanishi’s apartment, feeling troubled.

 

This is a difficult task… Should I tell Shijimi about it…?

 

I slotted the photo into the pocket of my jacket, and went back home.

 

While waiting for Shijimi to be back, the whole afternoon I was thinking of whether to let Shijimi know.

 

I think I should…?

 

“Semi! I’m back!!”

 

“Ah, Shijimi, you’re back early. Have you had dinner?”

 

“I didn't want to make you too lonely, so I came back earlier. Hehe, I’m going to make dinner for us, so could you just wait first?” Shijimi was in high spirits after coming back.

 

I can't bear to ruin her moods…

 

After the dinner, Shijimi was showing me the stuffs she bought today, she was in all smiles, this made me lost my courage to bring it up to her.

 

Shijimi fell asleep early today as well, and eventually I lost my chance to tell her about it…

 

Sigh… Maybe I’ll find chance to tell her tomorrow.

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Everyone should have experienced at one point of their life, where they wants to tell someone something but the situation and environment doesn’t make it a good timing to bring it up. The man might not be Shijimi’s biological father, but he is still one who brought up Shijimi…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------