Chapter 11 - Unexplainable Love

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

For the next few days, Shijimi has been recovering well, and weird enough, the ringings in my ear stopped as well. Is it because Shijimi is with me…?

 

It seems that there are many unexplainable stuffs going on right now…

 

“Shijimi, I’m going to Iwanishi’s place now.”

 

“Ok, he has a new job for you again?”

 

“Yeah, I’ll buy dinner on the way back.”

 

“Ok!” Shijimi showed me her wide smile.

 

She is looking so much better now, I’m surprised that she is recovering so well, and Keito has prescribed some medicine and vitamins for Shijimi as well.

 

At Iwanishi’s Apartment

 

“Yo Semi! You look so vibrant today! I guess love really makes one feel good and look good huh.”

 

“What the hell are you talking about.” I stared hard at Iwanishi.

 

“What's there to be shy about? You’ve took your ‘Shijimi’ in isn't it? Keito was so angry and depressed at the same time. I heard she even used her life to threaten him that she wants to stay with you? I’m surprised that you have so much charm!”

 

“I’ll cut off your tongue if you say anymore further.”

 

“Semi, there's no need to hide your emotions, I’ve known you for six years, I know what you are thinking now.”

 

“Huh? What am I thinking?”

 

To be honest, I’m not sure what I’m thinking as well… Maybe like what Iwanishi said, he might see and know better than myself now.

 

“You like that girl, don't you?”

 

“!!!!!! I………”

 

“Only love can make you do stupid things, if you haven't realize that.”

 

“.......... I….. don't know… I’ve never fallen in love…”

 

I have never had the topic of love with anyone before, or it’s more like I didn't even have a proper childhood to speak with. I did not have a chance to go through all these simple things in my past. And I’m guessing it is the same for Shijimi too… right?

 

“That is love, it comes out of nowhere, and when you fall into it, you find yourself becoming weird, you find yourself doing things you wouldn't do before this happened, you can't explain everything that is happening.”

 

…… It is exactly like what Iwanishi said, ever since I met Shijimi, I started doing all the weird things, I become confused at my own actions, so this unexplainable feeling… is love…?

 

“.................”

 

“I hit the jackpot, didn’t I?”

 

“............... Hey Iwanishi… What does love feel like…?” I realized I need to know this, I want to confirm the feelings I have for Shijimi…

 

“Hmm… Love is like, you think of the person frequently, and it’s usually out of nowhere, you find yourself being very concerned about her safety, your heart pumps faster when you see her cute side, or when she gets close to you, you find yourself getting uncomfortable when someone else gets close to her, and……..”

 

“......... and…..?”

 

“You want to get close to her subconsciously………” Iwanishi came on my chest, teasing me.

 

“IWANISHI! GET OFF ME YOU DISGUSTING LAD!!”

 

“Hey hey, you are the one who asked me for advice, now you’re snapping on me??”

 

………… I snapped because… I realized that I am behaving exactly like what Iwanishi had just described…

 

So I really fell in love with Shijimi…?

 

“Semi, pardon me for saying this, it’s good that you are becoming human-like after falling in love, but considering your occupation, falling in love might cause your own life.”

 

“...............”

 

“But, let’s not think so far for now, alright? As a friend, I want you to continue showing the kind of delighted face you’re showing right now. You’ve had enough sorrows since you were a kid, I want you to lead the life of a normal being, you deserve some simple kind of happiness. I think your Shijimi can give you that.”

 

“............ Iwanishi… I’ll only say this disgusting phrase once… Thank you, my friend.”

 

“You’re welcome, my dear friend!” Iwanishi came pushing me down on the sofa and started messing my hair.

 

“GET OFF!! IWANISHI!!!”

 

“HAHA!!! It’s interesting to see such a cute Semi, anyway, let’s get back to the serious topic.”

 

I sat back up on the sofa, waiting for Iwanishi to brief me on my next job.

 

After the briefing, I left for home, and on the way back, I find myself looking forward to going home, a place where Shijimi is waiting for me…

 

“Welcome home, Semi!!!”

 

Shijimi came up to welcome me the moment I stepped into my apartment.

 

“..................”

 

“Semi, you should say, ‘I’m home!’” Shijimi showed me her wide smile again.

 

“.............. I’m… home…”

 

……………………..

 

It has been so long… since I have said that phrase again… Such a simple sentence, yet it warms my heart up…

 

I walked further into my house, I realized my room has become very clean.

 

“Shijimi, did you clean my house?”

 

“Hmm…? Oh I just did some simple cleaning for you. But I didn’t move your stuffs! They are all still intact.”

 

“........ You don’t have to, you still have injuries on you.”

 

“I’m fine already!!! And I feel bad for staying and eating on you too…”

 

“Silly girl… Come, let’s have dinner. I bought gyudon today.”

 

“WOW!! I love gyudon!!”

 

I smiled at this girl who has become so energetic, seeing her makes me feel happy as well.

 

“Itadakimasu!” Shijimi was holding her chopsticks and saying that cutely.

 

I couldn’t control my smile upon seeing such a cute side of her.

 

*KNOCKS*

 

Hmm? Someone is knocking on my door?

 

“....... Who is it again…” I grumbled as I walked to open the door.

 

“Nana! I’m here!!”

 

AH… It’s Keito… AGAIN.

 

“Ah Keito! Why are you here?” Shijimi was shocked as well.

 

“I bought your favourite gyudon!!! Ah… gyudon…?”

 

Keito realized that there is already gyudon on the table.

 

I smirked,

 

“I’ve already bought gyudon for Shijimi, you can take home your gyudon.”

 

For a moment, I felt like I have won Keito in some sense.

 

“............. You bast...... Nana, try my gyudon! It’s from the famous store in Shibuya! I have just queued 30 minutes for it!”

 

“No! She’s having the gyudon I’ve bought!”

 

“NO NANA, TRY MINE!!”

 

“TAKE AWAY YOUR GYUDON!!”

 

“KEITO AND SEMI!!”

 

We stopped arguing upon hearing Shijimi’s voice.

 

“I’ll eat both, ok…? Don’t fight anymore…”

 

“.................”

 

“Ok sit down, both of you, I’m hungry, let’s start eating. Hehe~”

 

…………..

 

And Keito joined us for dinner as well… He is... such a pest.

 

“Nana, how’s your wounds?”

 

“Oh, it’s recovering well! Thanks to Semi, he has been looking after me the past few days.” Shijimi turned to look at me and I felt my face becoming hot…

 

“Nana… Can you reconsider again…? About moving in with me… I want to take care of you…”

 

………….. WHAT?? THIS KEITO IS BRINGING THIS UP AGAIN?!?!

 

“............ Keito… I already told you that I don’t hold that kind of feelings for you… So you should give up…”

 

“NO! I’m not going to give up so soon! You may not like me now, but you can’t stop me from loving you. I’ve been looking for you for so many years, I won’t give up so soon! I’ll make you change your feelings for me, I don’t want to feel regrets again.”

 

“Keito…”

 

………………. I’m feeling worried… Will Shijimi change her feelings for Keito one day…??

 

I… I’m feeling jealousy…?

 

“Nana!” Keito grabbed Shijimi into his arms, “please… can’t you feel my love for you??”

 

………… ARGHHH I’m pissed, he’s hugging Shijimi again!!!

 

“Keito, let me go…”

 

“NO!!! I’m going crazy thinking of you everyday, I can’t leave you to this guy!!!”

 

…………… I need to grab Shijimi back…

 

“HEY! Let her go! Why are you forcing her to do things that she doesn’t want to?!?!” I pulled them apart and grabbed Shijimi to my back.

 

“Semi… you don’t understand how I feel now… I love Nana, I love her so much I can die for her!”

 

“Keito… please don’t behave like this… If you continue like this, I would have wished that I have never appeared in front of you again…”

 

“Nana…”

 

“Keito… Can you go back first…? Thank you for the gyudon, it was very delicious.”

 

“............ Alright… I’ll visit you again…”

 

“Bye, Keito…”

 

After Keito left, I turned back to look at Shijimi, she looks a little upset.

 

“Shijimi… are you alright?”

 

“Semi… lend me your shoulders for a while…”

 

Shijimi landed her forehead on my shoulders, and naturally my hands, one going for the back of her head, the other going for her back, and pushed her nearer to me.

 

“Don’t be upset… It’s not your fault…” I tapped her gently to comfort her.

 

“Semi… ”

 

Shijimi hands reached for my back and hugged me as well.

 

Can I take this as… We have mutual feelings for each other…?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Sorry for the delayed updates! I’ve been really busy and tired from work, and I haven’t been writing my other novel for so long… T__T I hope to pick up my writings soon!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------