Chapter 42 - Just You and Rika is Enough

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Chapter 42 - Just You and Rika is Enough

 

Semi’s POV

 

We began our lives as husband and wife after the ceremony, although I would say that it is only the change of our status, our lives remains the same.

 

But,

 

I am not complaining…

 

This simple and normal lifestyle was something I have been yearning for.

 

Shijimi’s health is good, and she still goes for regular checkups.

 

I have found a proper job as well while Shijimi stays at home being a housewife.

 

Every night after work, what I look forward to, is to go home and have dinner with my family.

 

“Semi, are you tired?” That was Shijimi’s first question when she came into our room after putting Rika to sleep.

 

“No, every night I regain my energy by spending time with you and Rika.”

 

“.......... Hehe……” Shijimi smiled eerily…

 

“........... Shijimi, what are you trying to do?”

 

“Since you said you are not tired… shall we…”

 

“.......... yeah…?”

 

Shijimi kept quiet, and continued walking towards me, suddenly she sat on my thighs.

 

“AH Shijimi!! What… ummm…!!!”

 

Shijimi came kissing down on me, teasing me with her tongue.

 

Ah …… I am going to……!!!

 

“Shijimi…” I pushed Shijimi away, looking at her, she was looking really cute with her red blushing face again…

 

How I miss her face… How I miss touching her…

 

“Semi…… I want you…… tonight……”

 

“...... Shijimi…… I want you too……”

 

By now I was getting really excited, I want to feel Shijimi as well……

 

I carried her to the bed, and started kissing her, slowly trying to take off her clothes……

 

“Ah…… Semi……!!!” Shijimi started the moment my kisses move down to her body.

 

“Shijimi……” I gently her bare skin, she was panting much just from these small movements of mine.

 

I moved my face up to look deep into Shijimi’s eyes again, before giving her another deep kiss.

 

“Semi…… let’s give Rika a younger sister or brother…”

 

“...............!!!!”

 

What…?!?!

 

Shijimi wants to get pregnant again…?

 

Wait…

 

I can’t continue…!!

 

I recalled what the doctor told me personally the last time I brought Shijimi there for a checkup.

 

“Her health is so far so good, but… I have to warn you, given her body condition, I would not recommend her to get pregnant again. Her body has weakened a lot from her last pregnancy as well.”

 

The doctor only told me about it, Shijimi doesn’t know about this yet…

 

I thought she wouldn’t want to get pregnant again…

 

But…

 

I was wrong…

 

Upon hearing Shijimi’s words, I stopped my movements and wore Shijimi’s clothes back on her.

 

I can’t…

 

“Semi…?”

 

“Shijimi…… Sorry…… I……”

 

Should I tell her the truth…?

 

But she will definitely get upset over it!!!

 

“...... What happened……?”

 

“Shijimi…… stay calm and listen to me… ok…?”

 

“................... Why are you getting so serious……?”

 

“.......... Shijimi… you… shouldn’t get pregnant again…”

 

“.............. What…?!?!”

 

“That is the doctor’s advice, your body condition is too weak to handle another pregnancy.”

 

“....... But I’m perfectly fine now!!!” Shijimi was getting agitated…

 

“Shijimi… calm down… We don’t need to have another kid, we already have Rika, right?”

 

“............. What’s this……” Tears were forming in Shijimi’s eyes.

 

“Shijimi…”

 

My hands went up her face, trying to soothe her down, but she took my hands away and left the bed, trying to get out of the room, I quickly grabbed her body back by hugging from her back.

 

“Semi… let me go…!!” Shijimi started crying and was trying to get away from me.

 

“NO! Shijimi!! Listen to me!!”

 

“No… Semi…… I…… I failed as a wife…… A wife… who can’t give birth…” I felt her tears dropping on my hands which are embracing her now.

 

Crap… I made her so upset again… It’s all my fault…

 

“Shijimi… don’t think that way, please… I can’t… I can’t risk your life anymore…”

 

“.....................” Shijimi was still crying very sadly.

 

I turned her body around, held her face up gently, and looked deeply into her eyes,

 

“Shijimi… I don’t need another kid, just you and Rika is enough… I am already very fortunate, and… I can’t lose you… I cannot lose you……” I felt my eyes getting warm as I say this…

 

That’s right… I almost lost Shijimi… How can I let her endanger herself again?!?!

 

“...... Semi…”

 

“It’s alright… Shijimi, it’s alright…” I embraced Shijimi tightly in my arms, patting her back to calm her down…

 

Shijimi cried for quite some time before she finally stops crying.

 

She fell asleep shortly after I put her back onto the bed.

 

………...……………………………

 

“Shijimi……” I gently her hair while she sleeps…

 

Is Shijimi alright…?

 

I am worried about her emotions…

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, I woke up before Shijimi, her face looks very pale…

 

My hands caressed her face gently…

 

…………….!!!

 

She feels warm…!!

 

I quickly measured her temperature, and indeed, she is having a fever…!!

 

“Shijimi…! I’m bringing you to the hospital.”

 

I was about to carry her up but I felt a pair of hands on my arms,

 

“Semi……”

 

“Shijimi…! How are you feeling?!?! You’re having a fever, let’s go to the hospital now!”

 

“No… Semi… wait…”

 

“............. Hmm…?”

 

“I’m fine…… There isn’t a need to bring me to the hospital…”

 

“No, it’s better to let the doctor do a thorough check on you.”

 

I feel myself starting to panic… my heart is pumping vigorously...

 

“Semi…!! Calm down… I’m fine… Just get Keito to give me some medicine, it’s just…”

 

“Shijimi…!! Please… listen to me… I don’t want anything to happen to you… I can’t let anything happen to you…!!”

 

Crap… I’m crying…?

 

“...... Semi……”

 

“Please… Shijimi… I……”

 

“............. Semi…… don’t cry…… I’ll go to the hospital with you, ok…?”

 

“...... Ok......... Let’s go……” I quickly wiped my tears away, and brought Shijimi to the hospital for a checkup.

 

After the checkup, the doctor says she has just caught a little cold and will recover soon.

 

Upon hearing that, I finally set my mind at ease.

 

“Semi…”

 

“Shijimi, how are you feeling?”

 

“......... I’m fine… and… sorry…”

 

“...... Silly girl, it’s not your fault that you caught a cold.” I tapped gently on her forehead.

 

“No…… I mean… sorry for yesterday…”

 

“...... yesterday…?”

 

Oh…… about Shijimi wanting to get pregnant again…?

 

“.......... I…… I didn’t cherish my body enough…… I thought… I thought I was able to give birth again… Although… deep inside my heart I know I can’t…… The doctor already told me that after I gave birth to Rika… Yet I still made you worried when I insisted on having another child… When I saw your crying face earlier, I’ve finally realized… How much you are afraid of losing me… I’m… sorry…”

 

“........... Shijimi…... no……. Don't apologize… You did nothing wrong… But, trust me, I meant it from the bottom of my heart, when I said that I am fortunate just having you and Rika around.”

 

“...... Semi…… I will cherish myself more from now on… For you and Rika, I will stay healthy…”

 

“...... Thank you… Shijimi…”

 

Ever since that incident, Shijimi stopped mentioning about wanting to have another child. We still continued our intimacy, but I just have to be careful not to impregnate her again.

 

Things were going well……

 

I thought…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Semi’s care for Shijimi’s health could be heavily felt in this chapter, the uncontrollable tears from Semi, the pain felt in his heart when he thinks of the possibility of losing the girl he loves… What will happen to him if such fate falls on him…?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------