Chapter 12 - Overflowing Emotions

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

The next day, I was out to execute the mission that was given to me by Iwanishi yesterday. When I reached the building, I realized that I have forgotten to bring my mobile phone out. But well, I will be done quick, so it is not really a big deal.

 

I put on the raincoat as usual, and checked the knives in my pocket before entering the building.

 

I went into the building, and lucky enough there was no one around, I could walk in quite smoothly into the building. As I came to the unit of my target, I entered it without much difficulties.

 

However, there was no one inside, somehow I began to feel uneasy. Did Iwanishi give me the wrong address?? I continued searching around the apartment, and saw something weird at the furthest corner of the room.

 

“This seems like a fake wall…”

 

I pushed the wall and it moved!

 

It was dark, but I could still see that there is a stairs behind the fake wall. I continued walking in and climbed up the stairs.

 

Eventually it led to the rooftop of the building, I was still searching for my target but I could see no souls around.

 

“What’s with this Iwanishi, there’s no one around isn’t it?”

 

I was about to turn back to where I came from but suddenly there was a loud bang.

 

Ah, the door that I came through closed by itself, I tried pushing it but it wasn’t moving.

 

It’s locked…?

 

…………..

 

!! This is a trap???

 

The next moment I sensed something poking into my lower limb, it felt like a needle. Next I heard running footsteps heading towards me.

 

One person… No Two… Three… NO! More than that!!!

 

Seven or eight of them came running towards me at the same time, I quickly took out my knives and attacked them. After taking down about four of them, I was about to take down the next one, it was this moment I started feeling numbness in my leg.

 

“AHA! So the drug has taken effect already?” One of them spoke.

 

……………. WHAT…?

 

AH!! THE NEEDLE THAT POKED MY LOWER LIMB, IT CONTAINED MUSCLE RELAXANT?!?!

 

“Looks like the famous cold-blooded Semi is just so overrated!!”

 

“............. Even with you playing dirty tricks on me I can still kill all of you…”

 

Within seconds I quickly dashed towards the rest of them and took down another two of them. I needed to do this fast, else if the drug spreads further I will not be able to move fast.

 

The remaining two were running around the rooftop, trying to delay the time and making me run after them so that the drug in my lower limb would spread further.

 

, What should I do…?

 

I focused my attention on one of them, and managed to take down that guy after much struggle.

 

One more…

 

I need to hang on…

 

… I can’t stand…!!

 

I fell onto the ground, I couldn’t exert any more strength in my legs,

 

The remaining guy walked leisurely towards me, when I was about to strike him with my knives he swiftly kicked my knives away and started attacking me with his bare hands.

 

“I’ll take my time to torture you… Semi… This is a revenge for my brother…”

 

“.............. Brother?? You are the brother of which useless guy?? I’ve killed so many I can’t even remember who is who anymore.”

 

“I know you won’t remember, but I won’t forget how my brother looked when he died.”

 

That guy grabbed me by my collar and pulled me to the railings, by now the drug has already spread to most parts of my body, I couldn’t move anymore.

 

The guy tied my hands together with a rope, and tied the other side of the rope to the railings.

 

“I’ll let you die slowly, and enjoy the fear of dying…”

 

He pushed my body over the railings, and left it dangling there, he used my knife and cut a small cut on the rope, he wants to let the rope tear by itself and eventually I will drop down twenty over storeys to the ground and die.

 

, so this is how I will die in the end…

 

Shijimi… the only worry I have now is Shijimi…

 

What would happen to her after I die…?

 

“Ahhhh!!!!” The guy screamed suddenly, I looked up and couldn't see his face anymore.

 

What happened?!?!

 

“Ahhhhh!!!! you …” That was the last words I heard from that guy.

 

……….. Who came at this time? Was that guy being attacked by someone???

 

“Semi!!!!!!”

 

………… Shi…...

 

“Shijimi?????” While still looking up, Shijimi’s face appeared.

 

“Semi!!! Yes!!! I’m here!!!!! I’ll save you!!!”

 

“Why are you here?!?! Is that guy dead?!?!”

 

“He’s not dead but I’ve hit him unconscious, leave your questions later, take my hands now!!!”

 

“Ughhh!!!” I tried to reach my hands to Shijimi’s but I couldn't, because my hands are tied. And even if I could, I probably couldn't use my strength.

 

“Ahh!” I felt my body dropping even further down, I think the rope is tearing.

 

Wait… my body, is moving up…?

 

I looked up and saw Shijimi trying hard holding onto the rope to pull me up.

 

*Drips*

 

Some droplets dripped on my face, I took a closer look, Shijimi’s palms are bleeding…

 

“Shijimi!!! Your palms!!! Stop pulling me!!!”

 

“Semi!!! I won't let go!!!”

 

……………

 

“Don’t be silly! You may drop down with me!!!” Half of Shijimi’s body was over the railings already.

 

“If I can't save you, I’ll drop down with you!!!”

 

“What are you talking about?? Just let go of me now!!!”

 

“Nooo!!! AHHHHH!!!!”

 

I feel my body moving up again, soon, I felt some warm sensations on my wrists,

 

“Semi!!! I’ve caught you!!! Just a bit more!!!”

 

Shijimi continued pulling me up by holding onto my wrists, I could feel her hands shivering. Why does she do so much for me…?

 

Next moment, I felt a cold sensations around my hands area... Ah! It’s the railings!!

 

I quickly grabbed onto the railings, the strength I could use can only barely help me stay stationary.

 

“Semi!! You can't die!!!” Shijimi shouted and I felt my body moving further up.

 

“Ahhhh!!!” I felt my body falling down to something soft and warm…

 

I opened my eyes, and saw Shijimi’s face, her blood-gushed and panting face… My body landed on top of hers…

 

“Shijimi… You’re so silly…” I spoke while keeping the intimacy between us.

 

“Semi, I’m not…”

 

………………

 

“Semi… why aren't you getting off me…?” Shijimi is showing a shy side of her which looks very adorable to me.

 

“Shijimi… I’ve been injected muscle relaxant, I can't use any strength yet…”

 

“Ahh!! I see, I thought…”

 

“... You thought what…?”

 

“Nothing!!!” Shijimi moved my body away and cut the ropes that were binding me.

 

“Semi, are you injured anywhere else?? You have blood on your face…”

 

“Idiot, that's your blood, not mine.” I took her hands and showed her of her bloody palms.

 

“Ah…”

 

“You are too stupid…” I pulled her gently into my arms and hugged her.

 

“Semi… I’m glad you are fine…”

 

“........... wait, why are you here?” I remembered what I wanted to ask.

 

“Eh… you left your handphone at home right? Iwanishi called a couple of times and I thought he must have something urgent for you so I picked your call up after his many attempts of calls. He told me you might be in trouble, as he got information that this is a fake job request. So I asked him for the address and came to look for you…”

 

“............ Do you not know how dangerous it was?!?!”

 

“I couldn't care more, I just wanted to save you…” Shijimi was on the verge of tears...

 

, I am making her cry...

 

“........... Let’s go back first, I can move a bit already.”

 

I stood up and stretched out my hand for Shijimi to catch on in order to pull her up, her hands reached for mine, I pulled her up gently,

 

“Ahh!!” Shijimi let go a cry of pain.

 

“Shijimi?” I squatted down to look at Shijimi’s painful looking face.

 

I squeezed gently at the area where her shoulders and arms connect,

 

“Ah!!”

 

“Shijimi, I think you have dislocated arms, I’ll bring you to Keito now.”

 

I wanted to carry Shijimi but my strength haven't recover fully, so I gently pulled her up and we left the place after I finished off the last guy.

 

I brought Shijimi to Keito’s place.

 

“Nana? What happened? You look very pale!”

 

“She has a dislocated arm, could you help her fix it back?”

 

“What?!?! What happened?!?! Why did she get injured?!?!”

 

“Keito, I’m fine, it’s not a big deal.”

 

“Semi, I’ll settle this with you later.”

 

“Keito, can you treat Semi’s injuries too? And he’s been injected with muscle relaxant, would that harm him?”

 

“Shijimi, I’m fine, the drug has lost its effect already.”

 

“...... Keito… please…?” Shijimi ignored me and asked Keito again.

 

“....... I can treat him now, but depending on his explanation I might bash him up again.”

 

………………….

 

“So, what happened?” Keito asked immediately after attending to Shijimi and myself.

 

“Keito…”

 

“Nana, I’m asking Semi.”

 

“I’ll cut the story short then, I met into troubles during my mission, Shijimi came to save me, and she got injured while doing so.”

 

“..............”

 

“Keito, it’s not Semi’s fault, I went to save him out of my own will.”

 

Shijimi was blocking in front of me, as if she is worried that Keito would punch me.

 

“Nana, I can't let you get into such dangerous situation again, I want you to stay with me.”

 

“Keito, I…”

 

“I won't give in again!! Do you know how much my heart hurts seeing you getting injured over this guy?!?!”

 

“Keito… I won’t stay with you.”

 

“Why?!?! Why do you trust this guy more than me?!?!”

 

“At first I wasn’t quite sure of my own feelings. But after the incident earlier, it confirmed my feelings… Semi…”

 

Shijimi turned around to look at me.

 

“I like Semi, I’ve fallen in love with Semi…”

 

!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

Shijimi…… said she likes me…?

 

“Nana… are you serious…?”

 

“Yes. I want to stay with him, I want to protect him, I want to see his smiles, I want to…”

 

“ENOUGH!!”

 

“....... Sorry Keito… I can't return your feelings for me… And thank you, for treating our injuries…”

 

“Nana, I don't need your apologies… Can you leave me alone first… I need to settle my own emotions…”

 

“...... Ok… Semi, shall we go…?”

 

Shijimi held my hands and we left Keito’s place.

 

………….

 

Just like Keito, I need to… sort out my emotions too…

 

Shijimi…

 

What are my feelings for her…?

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Aww!! Re-reading this after some time, I still feel the touched over what Shijimi did for Semi! What is Semi’s feelings for Shijimi then…?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------