Chapter 41 - Wedding

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Chapter 41 - Wedding

 

Semi’s POV

 

Shijimi continued to receive treatments for a few months after her operation, finally, she was allowed to be discharged out of the hospital.

 

Meanwhile, I have also secretly planned for a simple wedding ceremony for Shijimi.

 

“Semi, why are you constantly smiling to yourself since morning?”

 

AH!! !!! DID I?!?!

 

Today is the day I’m giving Shijimi a surprise for our wedding ceremony, I must be too happy about it…!

 

“Ah… I wasn’t!!! You must be seeing things!”

 

“............ Semi…… don’t you know you’re bad at lying? What are you up to?” Shijimi moved her face really close to mine, as if she is reading through me...

 

I’m panicking…!!

 

“..............” Crap what should I say…?!?!

 

“Mama!!!”

 

Ah it’s Rika!!

 

“Yes Rika?”

 

“Papa said he is bringing all of us out for an outing today!!” Rika turned to look at me and gave me a wink.

 

Phew~ Rika appeared at the right time!

 

“I see…… No wonder your Papa looks weird since morning.”

 

“Hehe~ Quickly prepare!! We’re going out soon!!”

 

Thanks to Rika, I was able to avoid Shijimi’s questioning.

 

We departed together heading towards the beach on Keito’s car.

 

Upon arriving, we were greeted by the wedding planners we have engaged for this ceremony.

 

“........ What’s this…? Who are they?” Shijimi realized something isn’t right.

 

“Oh, I think there’s an event going on… Let’s go see!!” Maki was trying to cover it up.

 

We alighted from the car, walking towards the venue, and I was holding onto Shijimi’s hands tightly.

 

“............ What’s this……? Wedding of…… SXS…?” Shijimi saw the banner which has been put up.

 

I turned Shijimi’s body towards myself, “............. Shijimi…… today is a surprise for you…”

 

“....... What… surprise…?”

 

“........ The day you will officially become my wife.”

 

“..............!!! Semi……!!”

 

“......... S X S stands for, Semi and Shijimi. Although I know those aren’t our real names, but we can’t abandon calling each other by those names right?”

 

“............. Semi…… you don’t have to do this…… I’m happy… just with you around…”

 

“Shijimi, this is nothing compared to what you have done for me, and how much happiness you have brought me. I want you to feel loved, I want you to feel my love for you…”

 

“Semi…… thank you……”

 

“Nana!! Come with me!!” Maki came and dragged Shijimi away…

 

To change into…

 

The wedding dress we have chosen for her…

 

I can’t wait to see Shijimi in wedding dress!!!

 

While waiting, I went to change into my white suit as well.

 

And I began giggling to myself again…

 

“Semi, stop smiling, you look really disgusting right now.”

 

“........... Keito, don’t laugh at me, I bet you were behaving just like me now when you married Maki too.”

 

“....... I……!!!”

 

“Hehe~ I think I hit the jackpot, right?”

 

“........... Fine, I don’t deny I was really delighted on the day of my marriage.”

 

“.............. I wonder what did Shijimi felt at that time when she witnessed Maki and your wedding…”

 

“........... She was happy for us, yet there was loneliness in her eyes. Despite trying to hide it, we could still sense it. She must have wanted to have a wedding ceremony with you too.”

 

“...........................”

 

“But it’s still not too late, I believe she will cherish this moment as the most important event in her life.”

 

“........... Me too… I’ll never forget about this day…”

 

“Ah… they’re coming!!”

 

AH!!

 

I quickly turned around to trace for Shijimi…

 

AH!!!!!!!!!!

 

……………………………!!!!!!!!!!

 

GOR……..

 

GORGEOUS!!!!!

 

SHE LOOKS SO CUTE AND PRETTY AT THE SAME TIME!!!!

 

“SEMI!!! Stop daydreaming!! Go up and hold her hands!!” Keito pushed me on my back, waking me up from just admiring Shijimi.

 

“Ah!!!”

 

“............ Semi……” Shijimi looks really shy wearing her wedding dress.

 

“.......... Shi……. Shijimi…… You look very……. Pretty……” I stumbled on my words upon seeing such a different Shijimi…

 

“You look very…… dashing too……”

 

“.......................”

 

“.......................”

 

“BOTH OF YOU!! Stop being shy!!! Let’s start the ceremony!!” Maki’s voices brought us back to what we are supposed to do now.

 

“Shijimi…… give me your hand…” I stretched out my hands, and Shijimi put hers on mine.

 

We held each other's hands tightly, and started walking on the carpet, towards the stage.

 

Under the witnesses, we vowed to become husband and wife.

 

“Shijimi, from now on, I’ll give you the utmost happiness you can have, don’t have any worries anymore, just stay by my side, ok?”

 

“......Ok... Semi…… I’ll do my best as a wife too, I’ll love both you and Rika till eternity…”

 

I smiled.

 

And kissed Shijimi on her cheeks.

 

Then, I turned to look at Keito and Maki, hinting them to cover Rika and Sho’s eyes.

 

Before I……

 

Landed another kiss on Shijimi’s lips…

 

A gentle, yet a kiss full of our love for each other.

 

“Shijimi, I love you.”

 

“I love you too, Semi…”

 

We said while looking deeply into each other’s eyes.

 

It’s a beautiful moment…

 

It’s a moment, I will forever remember…

 

Father, Mother, I hope you can see this in heaven…

 

I am truly happy now, thanks for blessing me in heaven…

 

I will give my wife and daughter, the same kind of love you have given me…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Happy New Year all! Supposed to update in December but it got delayed and I fell sick on the first day of the year. Nevertheless, this is a sweet chapter to Semi and Shijimi love story~ Hope their happiness can last forever...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------