Chapter 13 - Mutual Love

The Bubbles of Clams / 蜆の泡

Semi’s POV

 

As we are walking back to my apartment, Shijimi didn’t let go of my hand, I could feel the warm from that pair of tiny hands…

 

I was still trying to sort out my thoughts because I couldn’t believe what I have just heard… Shijimi said she likes me… Is that really true…? Or is she just trying to make Keito give up on her…?

 

“Semi…” Shijimi stopped and turned to look at me.

 

“Yes…?”

 

“Regarding to what I have just said… You don’t have to take it to heart…”

 

“............” I was speechless… Indeed, she doesn’t mean it that way…?

 

“.............. Towards you… It’s just my one-sided feelings… I shouldn’t make you reveal that kind of troubled face… I’m sorry…”

 

………………. She thinks that her feelings for me would make me feel uncomfortable…?

 

Shijimi let go of my hands she had tightly held onto seconds ago.

 

“If you feel I’m making you uneasy, I’ll keep my feelings for you to myself. You don’t need to worry or do anything. I’ll…”

 

“Yeah, I think you’re making me very troubled.” I interrupted Shijimi’s sentence.

 

“.................... I’m sor…”

 

I held onto Shijimi’s hands and pulled her closer to me,

 

“For the first time in my life, I am feeling so unsecured, I panic whenever you are out of my sight, I smile whenever I see your silly and cute side, my heart pumps so hard whenever you get close to me. Ever since meeting you, I am beginning to understand myself lesser and lesser. I get confused over what I am feeling, yet when you’re around, I don’t feel any discomfort, on the other hand, I want you to stay by my side, I want to see your smiles, I want to hold your hands, I want to embrace you.”

 

“......... Se...mi…”

 

“......... I think I know what I am feeling already… Shijimi… I like you too… Your feelings for me are not one-sided, and I might even be the one who fell in love with you first. Silly girl…”

 

I placed my palms on Shijimi’s shocked face, her eyes are widely opened after hearing my confessions, I her hairs and face gently...

 

“............ Semi… are you… serious…?”

 

I placed my forehead on Shijimi’s forehead,

 

“Look into my eyes… I’m serious. I love you, Shijimi.”

 

Shijimi returned me a fully blushed face, with a satisfied smile and beautiful shining curved eyes, upon seeing her cute face, I smiled widely as well.

 

“Semi… I really really like your smile… It makes me feel so warm with healing effects…”

 

“Healing…?”

 

“Um! Your smiles can make me forget all the unhappy memories I had. It makes me want to live on to see more of your smiles… I’m being healed by your smiles…”

 

“.................”, I wrapped my arms over Shijimi’s shoulders, embracing her tightly,

 

“I’ll like to return those words to you too…”

 

I want to protect those smiles of Shijimi’s, I want to make her smile even more…

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

 

The next day, I went to Iwanishi’s apartment to confront him, on how could he let Shijimi come alone to save me in such a dangerous situation.

 

“Yo, Semi! Why do you look so pissed?”

 

“Stop feigning innocence, you know why I am here for right?”

 

“Semi, I really didn’t know the job yesterday was a fraud, I’ve attempted to call you so many times but you didn’t bring your phone with you.”

 

“NOT THAT!!! How could you ask Shijimi to save me?!?!”

 

“I didn’t want to!!! But she was pleading me so hard!! She threatened me that if anything happens to you, she’ll die too!! And if she dies, I am certain that your soul would come back to look for me for revenge after you die. I had no other choice!!”

 

“................ She……. said that….?”

 

“Yeah, I know you care a lot about her, so I went down to look after her for you as well. I was hiding at one corner observing how your Shijimi was saving you. I was prepared to help her anytime if she couldn’t manage.”

 

“.....................” By now my blood was already boiling, I went up and grabbed Iwanishi’s collar, “YOU BASTARD!!!”, I was about to give Iwanishi a punch,

 

“SEMI!!! I know I’m being a little extreme, but as a friend, I wanted to push you guys, you couldn’t confirm your feelings for her isn’t it? I thought this was a good chance for you to realize clearly that you care for her. On top of that, Shijimi’s feelings for you has been made clear too, isn’t it?”

 

“....................” I let go of Iwanishi, “You are a true bastard, Iwanishi.”

 

“I never said I wasn’t one, and, please add one more description, I’m a true and kind bastard.”

 

“I’m kind of disappointed at myself for the kind of friend I have made in my life.”

 

“Semi, don’t hide your emotions, you’re actually feeling really happy now isn’t it? You have a good friend like me around you, you and your Shijimi have made clear of the mutual feelings you two have for each other, good things are coming one after another for you!”

 

“.......................”

 

Indeed, I was over the moon last night after our confessions for each other. It was the first time in my life I have felt so delighted.

 

“Semi, so, which stage have you developed into with your Shijimi…?”

 

“....... IWANISHI!!!”

 

“Hehe, judging from your reactions, you probably haven’t even kiss her yet, am I right?”

 

“................. I have…”

 

not...

 

I silenced the last word because I couldn’t bring myself to show Iwanishi such a useless side of myself… So I lied...

 

“Semi, don’t try to lie to me, I’ve known you for six years, I know when you are lying.”

 

“......................”

 

“Do you need me to teach you??? Like how to get close to her… kiss her… and touch her…”

 

“................ There isn’t a need!!! I’ll… figure it out myself.”

 

I felt my face becoming hot again… Shijimi’s face came into my mind…

 

Her small face with that pair of big and round eyes… her red and thick lips…

 

“Semi, don’t be shy, I can teach you how to do it…”

 

“..................”

 

I remained silent… waiting for Iwanishi to say more…

 

…………………….

 

“But seems like you aren’t interested, so I shall not say anymore.”

 

“.............. Bastard! I swear one day I’m going to kill you with my own hands!!” Iwanishi was just trying to tease me again!!

 

“Semi, you’re becoming so cute and innocent, but I don’t hate that. HAHA!”

 

“.............. Tsk, I’m leaving.”

 

“Say Hi to Shijimi for me!!”

 

“Who will?!?!”

 

I left Iwanishi’s apartment, feeling slightly irritated. I really wanted to hear from him how I should get close to Shijimi, but he was just teasing me!!!

 

I went back to my apartment after getting some food from the convenience store.

 

“I’m home!!”

 

“..............................”

 

Hmm? There isn’t a reply from Shijimi, where is she??

 

I walked into the living room, and saw Shijimi soundly asleep on the sofa.

 

I smiled at this cute girl, and sat quietly beside her, watching that face of hers when she sleeps.

 

“Hmm… what’s this…?”

 

Shijimi was holding onto a piece of paper on her chest, I took it over to take look of what she was holding onto.

 

“..........................”

 

I smiled again, she drew a portrait of me smiling again. This girl…

 

Turning back to look at her face again… Her red lips became my focus…

 

What would it feel if my lips touch hers…?

 

I want to kiss her…

 

My body was moving subconsciously towards her, my face was getting closer to hers, with only a few centimeters to her lips…

 

“Ughh…” Shijimi started moving!!!

 

I quickly moved back to my original position while she is waking up.

 

“............... Semi…? When are you back???”

 

“Argh… just a few minutes ago…”

 

“I see……. AHH!! My drawing!!!!” Shijimi saw the piece of paper which I was holding onto.

 

“Oh, I see that you have drawn a handsome man… hehe~” I was trying to .

 

“Give it back to me!!!” Shijimi came forward to reach for the piece of paper but I wasn’t planning to give back to her.

 

“No!!! You’re drawing me isn’t it? I think I’ll need to collect fees from you~”

 

“Give me back!!!!”

 

“No way!!!”

 

“AHH!!”

 

While in the midst of snatching, we lost our balance, and my body landed on top of Shijimi while still being on the sofa.

 

My face was really near to Shijimi’s… I looked deeply into her pair of big eyes, my face continued moving downwards… Trying to match my lips with hers…

 

*RINGS*

 

!!! My phone started ringing when my lips were just few centimeters away from Shijimi’s!!! I almost kissed Shijimi!!!

 

“Semi… your phone is ringing…”

 

“............” I moved away from Shijimi unwillingly and picked up the stupid phone call.

 

“Hello Semi~ How? Did you manage to kiss your Shijimi??”

 

“............. Iwanishi, wash your neck clean, I’ll cut it off the next time I see you.”

 

“Arara~ why are you getting so angry?!?! AH!! Did I just interrupted you and your Shijimi?!?!”

 

“.....................”

 

“Opps!!! I’m sorry!!!”

 

“Cut your crap, you didn’t call to say this right?”

 

“............... Yeah, Semi, I’m sorry to say this to you at such a timing. But you must leave your Shijimi.”

 

“.............. What…?”

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Writer’s note: Aww, the confessions between Semi and Shijimi, and the almost kissing scene!!! The cold blooded Semi is slowly changing... XD But… good things doesn’t last…?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------