The One You Love and Loved

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

"And how do you feel? Do you love him?"

"Um… I…no-yes-maybe?"

"Did you know you loved me?"

"Yeah…"

"And do you feel the same about him-Jonghyun?"

"I don't know… It's-It's different between you two. It feels different. The two of you are different. Maybe, it's because I don't love Jonghyun?"

"I don't think that's it. I guess, you shouldn’t compare us. We're different. The relationship is different. The love you have is probably different too." Khun smiled at me and took some fries.

I pouted and took a bite from my burger. I'm trying to give it some thought… what Khun said… I don't want to lie and say that I love Jonghyun when I don't. I don't want to say that I don't when I actually do.

"When-when did we say we loved each other?" I suddenly asked. Khun looked up from his drink and stared at me. He smiled a weird smile and tilted his head.

"The Ferris wheel, no?"

"Right… When did I say I loved you?"

"Oh… It was weeks after. You kind of avoided the subject but when we went to the beach, I held your hand. I asked you how you felt about me. and you answered that you loved me too."

I laughed at the sudden rush of memories. It was nice. That night… I heard Khun chuckle and looked down.

"How do you feel about Jonghyun?" Khun asked and looked up with a smile.

"Um. I-I don't know. I feel annoyed when he does something stupid, but laugh when he does another stupid thing after. But fluffy most of the time. I don't know."

"I can't tell you if you love him or not, but I can tell you you've fallen for him."

"Isn't that the same thing?"

"That's not for me to say."

                                                                                                    

Jonghyun's POV

I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair in anger, annoyance, and-I'm too mad to think of another word.

"Stop looking like that." my mother told me.

"I'm sorry, mother. It must be impolite of me to look unhappy on a blind date with my ex-girlfriend when I already have a girlfriend."

"Which I do not approve of."

"I don't either." Krystal butted in.

"Shut up, Krystal. And mother, you haven't even met her."

"I saw pictures. I don't approve."

"What pictures?" I asked in confusion.

"The ones I gave your mother. I thought it's appropriate to show the girl you're wasting your time with. So-"

"Which picture did you see mother?" I interrupted and tried to pretend like Krystal wasn't actually here.

"I saw the ones with her with all those other guys-did you see them?"

"Yes and I know they're taken out of context."

"No, Jonghyun. I think you're blinded by love. It almost happened to your brother. He-"

"No, mother. Kyung Mi was a nice girl, you just didn't like her because-"

"Because she was only after Hyun Joong's money."

"No, she wasn't. And hyung knows that too, but you kept doing everything you could to break that up. Now you have and hyung's getting married to a girl he has no feelings for. But don't do that to Na Na and me because it's not going to do any of us good. I hope you're not even thinking about it."

"Well, it seems history repeats itself. It's sad to see my sons with such bad taste in women-"

"Father liked Kyung Mi and I'm sure he'd like Na Na too. Only you're one to never approve."

"Your father only sees the 'best' in people but unlike him, I see the truth."

"That's completely false. Father managed to see the black hole Krystal was-"

"Excuse me, I'm sure your father likes me."

"Krystal, you seem to think everyone likes you when in fact they don't. You confuse that with affection-"

"Don't be rude, Jonghyun. I admit, your father wasn't too keen on Krystal but he was okay with her."

"Only because I complained and told him to be nicer."

"Oh, Jonghyun. You did that?" Krystal smiled at me. I scoffed and glared at her.

"Only because you me into this lie-"

"Jonghyun. Stop."

"No, mother! You know, I would rather be somewhere else right now, so if you'd excuse me." I declared and stood up. My mother grabbed me by the hand and gave me a look that I knew it would be hard to argue.

"Sit down. We are having dinner like a family with Krystal." My mother smiled at Krystal when she said her name.

"No. I didn't ask you to visit so I can waste time here with Krystal."

"What? Did you want me to meet this Na Na girl?"

"Yes! Believe it or not, I want you to like her."

"That'll probably be hard. I don't see any likable personality-"

"Krystal! I'm not one to hurt a women but I may be willing to make an exception for you."  I threatened but Krystal smiled 'sweetly'.

"Jonghyun! Stop. I'll meet this Na Na girl  at the wedding-you can bring her as you wish-but just sit through dinner and stop making a scene."

"Alright." I sighed and sat down again. The dinner was filled with silence and awkwardness as none of us spoke. I ate the food in big bites hoping to get this over with.

"Jonghyun, you're going to choke. Stop and eat properly."

"I just really want to get this over with."

"Please, Jonghyun. Manners."

"Arraso." I sighed and sat down, avoiding all the stares I was receiving from the restaurant.    

"Jonghyun still listens so well." Krystal laughed which earned her a glare from me.

"Not as well as he did. I don't know what happened to him. Probably that Na Na girl."

"Mother, I'm trying to be polite as you are telling me to but I can't when you keep saying these kinds of stuff about my girlfriend."

"Girlfriend. I don't like that word."

"Me either." Krystal agreed.

"Well, that's what she is. As much as the both of you want me to be with Krystal again, it's not happening."

"Why is it so bad for us to be again? Is that Na Na girl so much better?" Krystal asked with a little anger and put down her fork and knife.

"Yes, a million times."

"That, I find insulting. You met the girl when? I don’t know but she's after your money."

"Na Na isn't like that! Just because she doesn't have as much money doesn't mean she strives for it 24/7."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I do. My god Krystal, why are you keeping going at this? You left and you honestly can't expect to go back-"

"Why not? I'm here and I'm trying to apologize. I know what I did was stupid. I do love you Jonghyun and I'm here to-"

"You don't love me. You don't love anyone."

"That's what I thought. But-but it just took some time. And seeing you wasting your life with that thing who'll only ruin you-"

"Na Na is the best thing that’s happened to me. If making me happy is ruining me, then so be it."

"Son, stop. You're making me feel like you already love the girl."

"I do, mother."

"Dae?" Krystal and my mother asked at the same time.

"Yes. I love Na Na."

"Your just saying that." Krystal tried to laugh it off.

"No, Krystal. I'm not. You probably think  I'm trying to make you jealous but I honestly couldn't care less-"

"Stop. Jonghyun. Son-sweetie. Please. I think your confused-you just think-think that you love her. The same thing happened to Hyun Joon and now it's happening to you."

"What? Falling in love?"

"No, being lied to by a cheap-"

"Mother! Stop. I want to be here and have dinner with you, even if Krystal is here. But you're making this really hard for me."

"Alright. Let's stop talking about that girl. She's causing so much argument already. So, Krystal. How was life is New York?"

"It was nice. The people, food, and shopping." Krystal answered. I just rolled my eyes but kept quiet.

"I'm sure it was. I loved New York too, we should definitely attend the next fashion week together." my mother suggested and grabbed a hold of Krystal's hand. I looked away from the sight of the two. It's like Krystal's the younger version  of my mother. Now I understand why Krystal and I wouldn't work out.

"Of course." Krystal smiled.

"So, Jonghyun. How's school?"

"Good, mother. I'm doing fine."

"Good. I hope your girlfriend isn’t a distraction from you're school work."

"Na Na is the last from it." I sighed with annoyance by all of my mother's stab at Na Na.

"I'm glad." my mother replied even though she does not sound a bit like it.

After a long night, mother said she had to leave but she trapped me with Krystal. We weren't allowed to go home and she said that we had to go somewhere else after. So, I just walked out of the restaurant and sighed with Krystal following behind. We walked in complete silence and I kept all my attention to the starry night and the Han River.

"Jonghyun. My feet hurts, can we stop for a little?" Krystal whined and caught up to me.

"Yeah, why don't you wait here and I'll come back for you in, well, never." I pursed my lips and cocked my head.

"Jonghyun!"

"What? Not my fault you chose to wear those high stripper shoes."

"You never had a problem for them at all. You liked me in heels before."

"That was before. I changed."

"You keep saying that, but I refused to think that you changed this much."

"It's been longer then you think."

"Not, like what? A year? Almost two?"

"You have no idea how fast a person can change in such a span of time."

"Whatever, Jonghyun. My feet's tired and I'm resting. You are going to rest with me because your mother will not be happy to hear you've left me alone at night."

"Yeah, yeah." I sighed but knew I had to keep an eye on her. I took a seat next to her but kept myself far. It was a long time until Krystal finally spoke.

"What do you see in Na Na?" Krystal asked with her eyes kept on the sky.

"Everything. She's everything I wanted you to be."

"And what is that?"

"She's caring-"

"When have I ever been caring? It's kind of unrealistic to want that from me."

"You say that, but you do care-just a little inside. You just don't want to think you care. It's your  daddy issues-"

"Dad and I are fine."

"Yeah, now." I laughed, amazed that Krystal has not seen their relationship pattern.

"Yeah, I guess. But, he's happy I'm here in Seoul. I'm happy I'm here, even if you are with someone else… But, what else? What other thing do you love so much about her?"

"She's carefree, she never cares what other people thinks, she's this cute-"

"You're basically saying everything I'm not."

"Besides all that, I look all past. I really did learn to love everything about you. I looked past all the things you're not and loved what you were. But with Na Na-it's about what's right and never a second motive. Na Na might not love me as much as I do but-but she would never love me for the wrong reason."

"And I guess I did?"

"Didn't you? Would you be with me if I'm not the person I am? This rich prince-"

"You were just my prince."

"But why? Because I had money-"

"I would be lying if I said your status didn't play part in the reason why I chose to love you. But we were good together and-"

"You see, I didn’t like the word you used. Chose. You can't choose who you love."

"So you didn't choose to love Na Na?"

"No. I didn't. But I do love her."

"Would you choose to love Na Na if you had a choice?"

"Honestly, no. I would have never choose to love a girl like Na Na, but I'm glad that I do love her."

"Would you chose to love me if you had the choice?"

"Now? No. I don't think we can be happy together."

"I beg you differ. We were happy-"

"For a short while, but we weren't when it was becoming serious."

"Is it serious with Na Na?"

"I don't think it might be yet. But I have never felt like this with you when I'm with Na Na."

                                                                        

Na Na's POV

I was reading my school book when my mom told me to go downstairs. I went down expecting dinner-well, dinner was there but I didn't expect a nicely dressed Jonghyun there too.

"I thought you had that dinner thing. With your mom?" I asked and took the seat beside him.

"I did. But I'm still hungry." Jonghyun smiled like the dork he is and put the big spoon of food in his mouth.

"Is it good?" my mom asked and smiled at Jonghyun.

"Of course, omoni." Jonghyun smiled cheekily and took another spoon.

Jonghyun and my mom talked the entire time during dinner and I just kept looking at Jonghyun. Jonghyun manage to look good in his suit despite eating like a pig. After dinner, mom had to leave and told the both of us goodbye. Jonghyun wanted to watch TV so that's what we did. Jonghyun was sitting on the ground while I laid down on the couch. I feels weird. Jonghyun's usually holding me or kissing me or… just not sitting far away like that. I kept my eyes on Jonghyun and notice him laughing like a child when the guy on the show did something funny.

I didn't reply when Jonghyun told me he loved me and I laughed it off. I knew that he meant it but I don't know if I love him too. Is this why he's sitting there? So far away? I thought of what Khun said and sighed. Jonghyun heard and looked back.

"Admiring your handsome boyfriend?" Jonghyun arrogantly asked and chuckled. I laughed but smack him a little.

"Ani. Yah, it's late. You should go home."

"Kicking me out already? I came all the way to see you because I couldn't stand not seeing you yet you didn't even give me a kiss." Jonghyun sighed so I gave in and kissed him on the lip. Jonghyun smiled and leaned in for another kiss.

"Happy?" I asked and Jonghyun went for another kiss, a longer one.

"Na Na." Jonghyun pulled away and called out.

"Wae?" I playfully asked.

"You didn't reply yesterday. Do you think you love me too?" Jonghyun asked with a face I can't help but giggle at. Jonghyun doesn't look like the cocky Casanova he is. Jonghyun looked serious when I giggled so I pressed my lips together. I was thinking for a moment until I decided on my answer. Would I like a tomorrow one without Jonghyun? He's childish and arragont, yet sweet and-

"Yes. I think I love you too." I answered after a long silence. Jonghyun smiled brightly and kissed me again, but longer and deeper. I was hot and I was sure my face was bright red.

"Jonghyun, I think you should go home. It's late." I pulled away and told him.

"But don't you want me to stay? I thought you loved me." Jonghyun dramatically said and used his puppy dog pout.

"It's a school day tomorrow so you need to go home and sleep." I got up and pulled him up with.

"Ugh, fine. Walk me to your door?"

"Sure." I laughed and walked with Jonghyun to my front door. Jonghyun greeted me goodbye and kissed me before closing my door. The second I saw Jonghyun's car leave from my window, I ran up my room and fanned my face. I jumped into my bed and smiled a little before closing my bedside lamp and sleep.

                                                                                                                 

Jonghyun's POV

I smiled the entire time I drove home. Na Na loves me. Hehe. I showered and jumped onto my bed happily when I was home. I turned off my lights and took my phone out. I was about to call Na Na but I saw the time… Na Na's probably sleeping. I sighed and closed it only to turn it on again and admire my lock screen. The image of Na Na sleeping was adorable. I should get a new picture… one with her eyes opened and smiling.

I wasn't at all tired so I my light on the bedside and saw the picture beside. It was the one of Na Na and me on valentines day. Valentines day… It's almost white day! I wonder what I should do for Na Na then… It's probably weird to celebrate both but I want my Na Na to have the most amazing white day ever considering we both love each other. I need to get my Na Na the most amazing present too… shoot… my brain's ran out of ideas after the valentines day one. Aish...