If Only Feelings Weren't a Thing

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Key's POV

"EWW!" Onew and Taemin groaned at the same time.

"Stop being immature, both of you. As I was saying-"

"I don't want to hear it. LA LA LA LA!" Onew shook his head and tried to drown out any sound. I rolled my eyes. His ears aren't even closed.

"Shut it Onew. Let Key, finish." Minho reasoned, causing both Onew and Taemin to shut up.

"Thank you for being the only mature one here."

"Oh no, I also think is gross. I just want you to get to the part where you tell us how much you must have drunk for all of this to happen." Minho laughed like it was all just some joke. It's my love life I'm talking about!

"I didn't drink that much. I'd admit, it did start as a one night thing, but it just, I don't know… turned into something more. And I wouldn't be telling you guys this if this wasn't serious. But I really do like her so please don't ruin this. You know how I get when it comes to girls.""

"True, but you would be telling Na Na and Jonghyun-hyung if it so serious. But I'll sccept it. Since you do seem to like her very much. Just don't chicken out when you get to Jonghyun."

"I'll get to it. I just need to get to these two first." I looked at Onew and Taemin, how just looked away guiltily.

"Fine, whatever. But just-just don't ever be so descriptive again." Onew made a face, but I squealed that he was approving. Now it was only Taemin.

"Fine hyung. Since you really do seem to like her. But I will try to put gum in her hair again if she says I look like a girl."

"And I'll help." Minho patted Taemin's head.

"Yah!" I whined, but deep inside, I was so glad I had such understanding friends. I just hope my best friend would react the same also.  I was about to head to go tell Jonghyun, but my phone stopped me from doing so. I smiled brightly and replied back.

"Stop smiling like that. It's gross." Onew groaned, again.

"Why aren't you like this with Jonghyun and Na Na?" I tsked, getting a bit annoyed. I knew Onew always tell them to get a room, but he's never been as far as eww-ing and pointing out how gross it is.

"It's just weird knowing it's you and Krystal."

"Well better to know now then later, because I will be taking her to your wedding, arraso?" I ruffled Onew's hair, causing him to groan. This time, I'm sure it wasn't because of Krystal. But of Eun Hee, whose been quite the bridzilla lately since the wedding is coming pretty soon.

"You wouldn't want Eun Hee to hear that groan. The wedding would probably be canceled." Minho commented and laughed with that smug look on his face.

"I wasn't-I was groaning because of Krystal! And you're just jealous because no one would ever want to commit to this 4D athletes foot frog." Onew quickly retorted. Minho would usually say something back, but he just shrugged it off knowing Onew's a bit sensitive right now, with everything going on.

"I'd get married with you if you can't find anyone, Minho." Taemin joked in the most innocent way possible, but it still sounded weird.

"Thanks, but hat doesn't help the 2min rumors going around, Taemin."

                                                                                                        

Jonghyun's POV

The apartment was quite cold since Key had locked the temperature settings-something about Key's pores (I don't know why he's getting even more naggy about his looks)-but that's okay since Na Na was in my arms. This week was better than the last since I was able to have Na Na in my arms again. I looked down and kissed Na Na's forehead, who was entirely devoted to the TV screen. I was expecting Na Na to roll her eyes or of some sort, but she just tensed up a bit and did nothing else.

"Na Na." I called out, trying to get some attention.

"Mmm?"

"What's wrong?"

"What do you mean?" Na Na sighed and sat up to look at me.

"You're acting distant." I accused and furrowed my eyebrows at her.

"I'm not. I'm just…  cold."

"Now that I mention  it, it's not just now. You haven't even been at work. Do you know how hard it is to make copies?" I asked her with my voice raised. Maybe I was being a bit dramatic, but the looks I was getting when I started kicking the thing.

"I thought I wouldn't be allowed to work there anymore. You did have me sign a contract that said no relationships-"

"The contract was invalid the second it was signed. You fell for me the second-ow." I whined when Na Na rolled her eyes and pushed my shoulders.

"Your ego is already beginning to suffocate me again. Plus, it's lonely at work now."

"What are you talking about? You have me." I sang and pulled her into my arms again.

"No, I don't want to spent all my time with you. I have friends-well, had." Na Na sighed. I bit my lips, trying to understand what she was trying to- I tsked when I figured it out and pushed Na Na away lightly.

"Why is it only that blond guy that can keep you company?" I became a bit angry, even though I knew he wasn't a problem anymore since I did keep him away.

"I'm not talking about Khun." Na Na sighed, sounding even more depressed, thinking I have brought him up.

"No not him. The other blonde guy. And why is Nichkhun the first blonde guy you thought of?"

"What other-Jonghyun, Amber is a girl." Na Na rolled her eyes. I squinted my eyes and glared in order to see if what she was saying was the truth. I guess it kind of makes sense, since this Amber person does look like a girl. But then again, Taemin looks like a girl. Unless-

"She's a girl, Jonghyun!" Na Na snapped me out of my thoughts, causing me to gasp. Did I think out loud again?

"Why didn't he-she tell me? After all these years. I've known him-her for so long!"

"Well, it's not like she needs to announce to the world that she's a girl. Plus, you're not exactly close to her."

"Not true! We had dinner just yesterday!"

"What? I was there! You had dinner with me last week with Minho, Key, Onew and-"

"Taemin! Exactly! So how could you say we're not close!"

"When was Taemin ever brought into this conversation?" Na Na looked at me, completely confused. I thought back to our conversation. Oh…. I guess I wasn't thinking out loud.

"Well-I-never mind. What were we talking about again?"

"I was talking about how my only friend at the office just left all the sudden." Na Na said in a voice full of worry, causing me to chuckle nervously.

"Why don't you make new friends?" I suggested, hoping to solve the problem without me having to admit the truth.

"You know how I am with girls. And we know how you are with other guys." Na Na sighed and snuggled in my arms again.

"Would you be mad if I had promoted Amber to japan?"

"Kim Jonghyun!" Na Na sat up and gave me a very, very scary glare.

"I was just- I was jealous, and-and-"

"Whatever." Na Na got up and went to her room. Sheesh… Is she so attached to this Amber girl?

                                                                                         

Na Na's POV

"Go away!" I told Jonghyun who was knocking at the door.

"I told you she won't talk to me." I heard Jonghyun's whisper.

"What did you do now?"

"I didn't do-well, I kind of gave Amber a promotion and she's now mad for some reason."

"I can hear you!" I rolled my eyes and yelled. It's like they don't understand that a door doesn't make a room sound proof.

"Baby-"

"Just go away Jonghyun. I'll talk to her." Key hissed and I only opened the door when I heard Jonghyun's fainting footsteps. I really need to talk to someone right now and Key was pretty comforting.

"It's not Jonghyun's fault." Key said as soon as I opened the door.

"Thank you!" I heard Jonghyun's voice from the living room. I rolled my eyes and slammed the door shut.

"Yes it is, Jonghyun was the one who flew her all the way to-"

"I think we both know this is more than about Amber. And you're taking it out on Jonghyun." Key said for the both of us. I sighed and jumped onto my bed.

"I don't know what your talking about." I stuffed my head in the pillow, hoping Key won't tell me what I think he's about to say.

"I'm not saying it's entirely all your fault. But you can't blame Nichkhun for getting upset."

"How did you know he was upset?"

"If I was him, I would have lost my temper a lot sooner. So it's not exactly hard to guess." Key sat beside me and rubbed my back.

"Was I really leading him on all this time?" I bit my lips and lifted my face from the pillow.

"I don't know about that. But you did give him a chance when Jonghyun and you broke up. I'm not so sure it was the fact that you and Jonghyun's time together that bothered him. it was just the fact that you guys broke up. You can imagine how frustrating it is, to wait for so long for something, only to have it taken away again."

"What should I do to make this right?"

"A clean break for the two of you."

"Me and Jonghyun?" I eyed Key with confusion… Is he telling me-

"No, are you kidding? Jonghyun would kill me. I'm talking about you and Nichkhun." Key laughed, and I nodded, trying to think how I would do such a think. Key pulled the invitation to Onew's wedding from the drawer beside and handed it to me. I smiled and pulled Key into a tight hug.

"Thank you." I snuggled in his neck, but pulled away when I smelled something I was a bit familiar with.

"What?" Key asked when I was eyeing him.

"That perfume… I'm pretty sure it's a girl's one." I accused and Key looked taken back at first, but his dramatically stood up and huffed.

"What are you trying to say? The-the cologne just happen to smell like flowers! I can't believe you would say such a thing." Key suddenly fanned himself and walked out of my room. I stared, completely baffled by what just happened.

"Na Na! Key's getting all emotionally defensive. What did you say-AH! He's pulling my ears!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: A treat since i have only been updating so little.... haven't had a less dramatic chapter in a while but i hope it was enjoyable....anyone know what the arrow thing is? i just know it turns orange when i clicked it on this other story i was reading today... I hope I didn't sccidently flag anybody... I have a one beside it so i hope nobody flagged me