Maybe We Were Meant For Each Other After All

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

I gulped another drink and just poured the rest in a plant, rememberingthat Na Na doesn't like me drinking. I just tsked and tapped the table I was standing next to.

"I am honestly contemplating to chop your fingers off."  Key hissed and slapped my hands.

"I'm sorry that I'm a bit on my toes when it comes to my girlfriend in the arms of her ex-boyfriend in front of her boyfriend. Who happens to be right here and completely angry! I did not agree to this!" I raised my voice and gestured toward the said couple. AHH! Now they're holding each other!

"Yes you did. I was there when she asked. You said it was fine as long as-"

"As long as they're not at touching distance! And look at them! They're at making babies distance."

"They're dancing Jonghyun. Let them be." Key sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Na Na should only be dancing with me." I pouted and buried my face in my crossed arms on the table.

"Yah, stop sulking on my wedding day." Onew pushed me from behind.

"Go away." I whined and tried to blind myself from the horrid sight of their laughter. I groaned when I realize how clearly I could hear it.

"You said you were okay with it." I heard Onew mumble. I shot up and glared at him, causing him to cough awkwardly and looked away.

"You want to die?"

"Well then, I have guest to tend to. He-hey look! I hear my official wife calling for me." Onew smiled and headed away.

I gasped when I saw Thailand over there invading my Na Na. I slapped Key and grabbed him tightly.

"Did you see that? He's whispering in her ears!" I shook Key who then kicked me and pushed my hand away.

"Oh no! And the world is ending!" Key groaned sarcastically causing a giggle from Minho, who was walking towards us with Taemin.

"Bwoh?!? Is it already December 21th?" Taemin then started to look around, totally paranoid.

"Since the world is ending, you might us well give me that new car just bought." Key asked, taking an advantage of the situation.

"No way. What would I use to drive away from zombies?"

"There are more important things then the world is ending. Look at my Na Na with him!"

"Ugh." Key groaned, dragging Minho and Taemin away to leave me to my sulking.

                                                                                                                            

Na Na's POV

"I'm guessing this is our last dance?" Khun joked causing a chuckle.

"Not true." I rolled my eye.

"Oh right. I'm sure you'd spare me a dance when you and Jonghyun get married."

"Khun…"

"It's fine. I thought about it, slept, then got over it. You're happy and if Jonghyun is who make you happy, then I'll be happy too. Thanks for asking me to be your date though. You didn't really have to."

"Someone told me it'd be easier if we had a clean break. Then maybe we can really be friends?"

"Friends? I guess. But just know that I will never see you as such." Khun sighed. I stared at him awkwardly, stunned by what he said. Khun playfully chuckled and twirled me.

"That is until I find a super model girlfriend and get over you." Khun laughed when I fell back into his arms "Just kidding."

"No, Khun. Don't kid. Find a supermodel girlfriend. It'd suit you." 

"Arraso. If it'd make you happy."

"No, Khun. Don't do that. Do it because you want to. You shouldn't revolve everything around me."

"I will. Eventually. Now your boyfriend is burning a whole in my head. Go."

"But we're-"

"I'm fine. You go. Spent this romantic night with him. Now, I shall go and find that supermodel girlfriend." Khun sighed and chuckled afterwards. I smiled bitterly and waved, finally leaving when Khun pushed me  softly towards Jonghyun. And as a lost puppy would shot its ear up when something exciting happens, Jonghyun snapped out from his depressed state and ran towards me.

"Mine." Jonghyun hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead.

"You're possessive."

"No, I'm jealous. Don't do that ever again! I never want to see you in anyone else's arm except mine, love."

"Your love needs to go to the bathroom. Now let go." I giggled and pushed him away. I rolled my eyes and kissed him quickly to cheer him up before running to the bathroom.

                                                                                                     

Nichkhun's POV

"I never realized how sad of a character you really are." I hard a familiar sarcastic voice.

"Why are you here?" I asked and went back to admiring the view from the balcony.

"I'm Key's date tonight. I'm just getting a bit of air. You?" Krystal joined me and leaned back towards the balcony.

"I'm escaping the never ending torture of my sad love story."

"I think you need to realize that the world is a whole lot bigger than Na Na. There are tons of girls in this big world and your not exactly undesirable. Go get them." Krystal advised and I laughed at the irony.

"Thanks. I never would imagine you would be the one saying something like this."

"And what does that mean?"

"You were never the nicest person."

"That may be true, but I wouldn't say that makes me a bad person. I admire you, the way you always choose to do the right thing. But I also think that you’re a complete chicken. I was in the same position as you but I didn't stand in the side lines because I actually tried to get what I wanted."

"But you didn't get what you want."

"I didn't. But at least I knew I tried. That's the thing with us rich kids. We had never needed to fight for anything. That's why I am still jealous when I see Na Na and Jonghyun. I just hope someone can learn to fight for me too. I don't think Na Na is as special as everyone makes her to be. She's a regular girl who found two men with very strange taste. And speaking of which, I sould get back to mine. Now stop sukling and remember to only grab one thing next time. You'd end uplosing it all."

"I'll keep that in mind next time. If I'm lucky enough to have another girl like Na Na come into my life again that is…"

"I don't know about that but I do know Victoria is coming back from England this month. Just thought you should know." Krystal sung and left me. I laughed and pat her shoulders in appreciation before I went back to sulking alone.

                                                                                                                                

Jonghyun's POV

"Look, I'm writing my name." Taemin said as he continued to play with the firework senkou. We were in a seclude hill knowing it was the best place for all of us to not get burned.

"That's great except your name is backwards. This is how you do it." Minho lighted his and let his competiveness take over. I heard Na Na giggle beside me.

"They need girlfriends."

"Tell me about it." I laughed at the sight also. Beside them was the other two couple. Onew and his newly wedded wife having a few more laugh before they leave for honeymoon. Krystal and Key making fun of 2min.

I looked at Na Na and saw her playing with the firework and I took one too. I lit it up and began to draw.

"Look Na Na. A heart. I love you." I sang.

"You're cheesy."

"No. I'm romantic. We're under a starry night with fireworks all around us, and I'm declaring my love for you. Shall I now enumerate the reasons as to why I love you? I have a list I've been just dying to share with you."

"Yeah right." Na Na scoffed and continued with the fireworks. I pouted and hugged her from behind.

"One! Na Na has soft hair that smells of kiwis and strawberries. Two! Her thighs are as soft so when I get drunk-"

"Don't remind me." Na Na giggled at the flashback.

"Three, Na Na sees me past my name and hair. Four-"

"Arraso, arraso. Stop it." Na Na buried her face in her arms. Aw… she's embarrasses. I  kissed her cheeks.

"One more. You are who I can only imagine I'd want to spent the rest of my life with."

"Look! A shooting star. Oh! I'm gonna wish the world doesn't end! You guys too! Come on! Help me-us-the world!"

"Taemin, the world isn’t going anywhere." Key shoved him a bit. Minho and Onew then started to pretend like the world was ending. I looked at my baby and saw her closing her eyes. I closed my eyes too and made a wish.

"Na Na, remember what you said. You said that you wanted me to propose under a shooting star." I grabbed my wallet from my back pocket as I reminded her.

"Don't tell me you planned this?'

"Perhaphs not the star, but I do always carry this around." I showed her the ring to her.

"Yah. Don't tell me-"

"Will you do the pleasure of being my wife and spent the rest of your life with me." I went down on one nee and kissed her hand.

"Say yes! I'm not going to hear the end of it if you don't" Onew's voice came from no where. Key, Krystal and Eun Hee shoved him.

"Don't ruin the moment." they all told him.

"So?" I looked at Na Na hoping she'd end the torture of waiting for an answer. I guess if se wanted to wait the I'd be fine-

"Yes!" Na Na took the ring and put it on her finger. I smiled brightly and hugged her.

"You're not saying that just because of those 6 over there, are you."

"No, Jonghyun. I have said it, no? I love you."

"And I love you. Yay, yay, yay, yay, yay." I lifted Na Na up and kissed her.

"Stop. You've convinced me but we still have a couple of people that needs to agree." I pouted, knowing who she was referring to.

"I'm marrying you. If they don't agree to it then we'll run away to where ever and have beautiful, beautiful babies. Now stop ruining the moment. I need another kiss."