Stupidity, Jealousy, Mistakenly

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

"AISH!" I groaned when my blanket was taken away. Then the blinds opened up to greet me with sunlight too bright for my liking.

"Get up. You've moped around for days now. Wake up." I heard the familiar naggy voice.

"Why? It's won't make a difference if I do. I only woke up because of Na Na…"

"Yah, you lived without Na Na before. You can surely do it again."

"No! I can't!" I yelled and took my blanket back, shielding myself from Key.

"Get up!" Key commanded again and tried pulling the blanket away.

"No!"

"Move." I heard another voice say. I knew that voice… it was Minho. Knowing it was Minho, I grabbed my blanket and made a run for it to the bathroom. I quickly locked the doors and sat inside the bathtub, with the blankets warmly around me.

"Open up!" I heard Minho yelled along with his kicks.

"Just leave me to rot!" I yelled back.

"What am I going to have to do to get you out?" Key tried to reason.

"Nothing!"

"Why are you being like this anyways?"

"Because I've lost my reason to live!" I told them and then laid down in my bathtub.

"If you want Na Na back, you're going to get out!" Key said.

"Why? Getting out is not going to get Na Na back."

"Either is staying in that bathroom. You’re going to school!"

"No!" I stubbornly repeated. I tsked at the noise they were making and covered myself in my blanket comfortably.

It was a while until Minho finally decided to kick the door down. I closed the curtains, trying to keep them away but the both of them just opened it the second I got in. I closed it again and then they opened it another time. I tsked and reached for the curtains again but this time Key just pulled the curtains to the ground.

"Why are you guys so keen on me going to school anyways?!? Just let me be!" I then threw a soap bar at them.

"Because I'm your friend Jonghyun. But I do not want to be friends with someone who just mopes around all day like some lowlife. You are going to go to school and pretend as though you haven't been a moping mess."

"No!"

"So you're just going to continue being pathetic in that bathtub?" Minho butted in.

"I have nothing to live for anyways so I might as well."

"You sound like a child, Jonghyun." Key rolled his eyes at me.

"Na Na tells me that."

"Ugh, you're going to school!" Key repeated.

"No!" I repeated. I'm not going to school. There is no way Key's going to be able to make me!

                                                                                                                                         

Na Na's POV

"You don't have to come you know…" Khun repeated for the nth time. I rolled my eyes and then smiled.

"I want to Khun." I reassured him for the nth time.

"Thanks. You don't know how much that means to me." Khun smiled and then pulled me into a tight hug. Khun then let go and ruffled my hair before pushing me into class.

I smiled as I went in but then frowned when I noticed Jonghyun. Jonghyun wasn't at his usual sat beside me and was beside the door. From the looks of it, I don't think he heard me and Khun. Jonghyun had his head laid on his arms and doodling like a kindergartener when they're bored. I walked across the room and towards my seat.

I missed him… Jonghyun. I should forgive him, right? I should. I was mad for nothing really. It was Krystal who kissed Jonghyun and I believe him. I should right? Yeah. Why was I so mad anyways? Khun shouldn't be affecting Jonghyun and I. Khun isn't Jonghyun.

I took a breath and snuck a peak at him. My decisions of forgiving Jonghyun was out the window the second I saw who was beside Jonghyun. That wasn't the worst thing though. They were having a conversation! Jonghyun looked pretty deep into it too. I scoffed and tried to distract myself by drawing a bunch of dinosaurs in coffins.

                                                                                                                     

Jonghyun's POV

I quickly hid myself when I noticed Na Na Na turning. AISH! Stupid Nichkhun. Stupid arms. Why do they exist? That Thai thing shouldn't be in touchable distance with my Na Na. I grabbed my pen and began scribbling on it, trying to distract myself from that stupid conversation I heard earlier.

They can't be going on a date. No, they aren't. We didn't even break up. We're jus fighting… No?

From the corner of my eyes, I see Na Na making her way towards her seat. I sighed and shifted my head towards the front of the classroom. I then noticed the two girls in front of me talking, not at all liking their conversation.

"Nichkhun's prettier than Na Na." the girl with the headband giggled.

"That's not saying much. It's like comparing a jewel to a pillow. Of course the jewel is prettier. She's as bland as a pillow." the girl in the ponytail sighed.

"Right? I mean, how'd she manage to get Nichkhun and Jonghyun?"

"Oh! I remembered! Hae Mi told me that Na Na and Jonghyun broke up."

"Really? Who broke up with who?"

"I heard Na Na but I mean come on. I honestly doubt that's true."

"Well maybe she broke up with him for Nichkhun."

"Or maybe she's pregnant with Nichkhun's baby-"

"You know I'm right here right?" I decided to speak up. The two girls turned around slowly and widened their eyes.

"Jonghyun! How-You're finally here! At school. Everyone missed you!" the pony hair girl said.

"Stop spreading around false rumors about my Na Na." I bitterly told them.

"Your Na Na? But I thought you and Na Na-"

"Stop talking as though you actually know him. You're going to turn around and stand up to find another seat." Krystal suddenly came beside me to say.

"But there are no seats for us… we need to sit together." the headband girl stuttered.

"This isn't elementary school. I'm sure tweedle dee can live a period without tweedle dum. Now, scram." Krystal rolled her eyes at them and sat beside me.

"Go away." I told her coldly.

"I won't do anything."

"That's what you said last time and you know where that’s got me?"

"And that's why I'm here. I'm not apologizing so don't think I will. But-I acknowledge that what I did was over the line." Krystal bowed her head down slightly while she fiddled with her spiral notebook.

"Yeah, well-whatever. It happened. No use crying over spilled milk. Now leave." I turned away from her.

"Why do you still sound mad?" Krystal raised her tone.

"What did you expect? You broke me up with-"

"Who told you to go spilling to her about everything? You spilled the milk!"

"You gave me the milk! I wasn't going to lie."

"Why? You always lie! I can write a list for you of all the things you've lied to me about." Krystal began and I scoffed.

"Go right ahead. I doubt you ever know about them."

"Are you kidding me? Every date you've ditched for a night out at the club, every lie you've told me about doing something actually important when you're just sleeping, and my birthday which you only remembered the morning of."

"Fine, I lie. But that was with you. I don't feel right lying to Na Na."

"You feel right lying to me?"

"What do you want me to say? Bottom line is, I don't love you. Now go away. I'm not in the mood so-"

"Why are you still mad at me? I apologized."

"No, you didn't. you said you weren't. I quote-"

"Well I apologized now haven’t I? I'm sorry."

"Yeah, whatever. Now leave."

"Yah, you know who hard this must be for me and yet-"

"Boo hoo. You know, I lost my girlfriend and here you are being dramatic-"

"Dramatic? You're the one crying over a girl."

"Yah! Do you have-"

"Mr. Kim. Would you like to share to the class what you were talking to Mrs. Jung about?"

"Yes. I would actually. Krystal here was-"

"That was a rhetorical question. Just because you're a senior now doesn't mean you can just boast about doing whatever. Now pay attention unless you want to be put into detention."

I was about to tell her go right ahead but then I remembered that Nichkhun and Na Na was going to go somewhere today. I wasn't going to miss stalking them.

It was finally the end of the day but instead of finding my way towards Onew and Taemin, I was stalking. Na Na and Nichkhun that is. I saw them getting into a car and so I followed. Well, except I failed since my stupid car decide to run out of gas today. AISH! I tsked and got out of the car, angrily throwing the key to the ground. I wish I could throw Key to the ground. You know how many times he 'borrowed' my car in this lifetime without ever telling me.

"Get in idiot." I heard a window roll down and tell me. I looked at the black Lincoln finding Krystal in sunglasses and an annoyed expression.

"I know better than to get into a closed space with you." I rolled my eyes at her.

"Do you want to follow that girl or not? I’m going if you won't be!" 

"You-"

"Just get it and don't mention it. Ever." Krystal tsked and opened the door. I got into the backseat with her and the car began driving.

"Why are you-"

"I said don't mention it! Are you an idiot?" Krystal took her sunglasses and threw it at me.

"Well, it's weird that you are. You're not kidnapping me, are you?"

"Please. I'm not that desperate."

"Well-"

"Do you want me to push you into the highway? Because I won't hesitate." Krystal threatened. I chuckled. I knew she was just embarrassed. Krystal never liked doing favors for anyone so this was a pretty big step for her.

"If this is your way of apologizing then-"

"Did I stutter? Do you want to die that badly?"

"Arraso, arraso." I said, a little scared.

"You know, you're kind of like Key sometimes." I told her. She looked at me the same way Key would.

"That's the worst thing you have ever said to me."

After following the couple for a few hours now, we were heading to somewhere unknown… They stopped at a café, then a supermarket and now…somewhere far away. I'm going to be honest when I say I'm very jealous. The way they were walking. Together. The way they talked. Together. The way they shopped for food. Together.

"Do you think they're running away together?" I asked in a voice full of worries.

"What kind of an idiots run away in school uniforms and a Mercedes with a chauffer? Think Jonghyun."

"Then what do you think they're doing?"

"I don't know. This seems like the country side or something. From the looks of it, family?  Probably a grandmother in the country side or something."

"You don't think… they're...they're not getting married are they?"

"On a school day. Yes Jonghyun. I think you're right." Krystal said in a sarcastic way. I decided to shut up from then on and wait till arrival.

When we did finally arrive, I was about to go out but Krystal pulled me back.

"Idiot. Look at that narrow path. If you follow them, you're going to be caught."

I pouted and sat back down. I sighed and leaned my head against the window, hoping to see my Na Na soon. Hopefully without a wedding dress… or whatever.

                                                                                                                 

Nichkhun's POV

After bowing to grandmother, talking a little and prepare the food we bought, Na Na and I sat across from her and looked into the sun set and ate. We ate, laughed and talked. It brings me back to when we used to do that constantly.

"Gomowa.  Sorry but-"

"Khun, I said I wanted to come. Your grandmother was very nice to me. I liked her."

"No, no. it's not that. Do you mind giving me some time alone with grandmother? You can take the car and go home yourself."

"I'll just wait in the car for you."

"No, I'd prefer it if you don't. It's getting dark soon so it'd be dangerous."

"And you?"

"Don't worry. I'll be fine. Now go." I pushed her. Na Na hesitated a few more times and I was finally able to have her agree with me. I stood up and walked her to the car and then heading back to the grave after. I found grandmother's grave and sat right in front of it. I looked at her smiling face in the picture.

"Halmoni, happy birthday! Everyone can't make it today but they'll come tomorrow. It's only me today so I bring Na Na... Did you know I was mad at you? You probably do… well, I was mad because I remembered when you were fortune telling this one day. Looking at both Na Na and my hands, you said 'the two of you can be together forever as long as the both of you love as we are'. I was mad because that didn't come true. Opposite really… I blamed you for some reason."

I sighed again and smiled at the picture.

"But I guess it was me who didn't do so. I wavered. Stupid… now Na Na's with someone else. It's weird and unexpected of me, really. Here I am, not stealing her away as I should. I wanted to. I said I would when that guy does something stupid. And he did. But guess what? I'm still not trying to steal Na Na away. It's so easy too. I look at her and I see the way she looks at me. It wasn't the same but there is something there. But I'm not going to because the other guy loves her too. Maybe even more? But I'm sure he loves her better than I did. Did you know what stupid thing he did? He did what I did. Except...except he pulled away right away. He didn't let her go… He didn't break up with Na Na as I had. In some way it’s my fault. Maybe that's why I can't find the heart to tell Na Na how I feel."

I smiled bitterly at the thoughts of a thousand thing I would be saying if I would tell her. I love you. Your smile. Your laugh. Your eyes. Your voice. I miss you...

"But if that other guy is in the same position I'm at. I know for sure he won't be doing the same thing as I am now. Yet, I'm still giving her up for him. Every laugh it's now for him. Every breath she takes it's now for him. Every smile. Na Na looks so happy with him. As happy as she was with me. But in a different way. She covers her laugh every time she laughs in front of me. But with him, Na Na laughs openly and give him a slight smack in the shoulder. It's probably weird for me to envy him every time he groans in pain from Na Na's slight abuse. I put my arms around her shoulders and Na Na would look my way with red cheeks and a shy smile. The other guy puts his arms around her waist and Na Na would laugh at the things he whisper every once in a while. I notice so many different things she does with him and I can't help but wonder if it's me or him she loves or loved more. I guess this is what jealousy is. I never knew how it felt to lose something until I lost Na Na. I'm such a spoiled and stupid brat. I wasn't smart enough to hold onto the only thing that mattered to me."

                                                                                                                 

Jonghyun's POV

"Let's just go." I sighed when I saw the sky turning dark.

"You want to leave now? I did not sit in here with you to just leave now." Krystal declared.

"I think it's better for me to not know what they're up to…"

"I think you're just lying to yourself. Come on." Krystal sighed and opened the car door.

"What are you doing?"

"I'm going to fulfill your dying curiosity. You're not going to be able to sleep if you don't."

"But I don't want-"

"Jonghyun?" I hear from a small distance. 

"Na Na." I said in a sort of shocked tone. I was going to open my mouth to say something but Na Na just looked down and quickly got in the car by herself. Where was Nichkhun? I then heard the car door shut loudly, finally getting the message

"Is Na Na still mad at me? I thought she would have cooled by now…"

"No idiot. I was with you, holding your arms. I think your capable to work that brain of yours now."

"Does she thing-what should I do?"

"I don't know. How am I suppose to know how the girl thinks?"

"You're a girl, no?"

"But I'm not that girl." Krystal sighed in an almost envious voice.