Other Side Of Pain is Fresh Start

The Thin Line Between You and Him
Na Na's POV
 
After school, Jonghyun came over again for tutoring. We spent an hour studying until Jonghyun started complaining and got bored. Eventually I gave in and decided to let Jonghyun have a small break.
 
"I'm hungry." Jonghyun complained.
 
" for you because there's no food here." I told him. I still have to go food shopping,
 
"But I'm hungry, Na Naaaaaa."
 
"Fine. We can order pizza."
 
"I don’t want to. I want you to cook." Jonghyun demanded like a child.
 
"Well there's no food for me to cook, Jonghyun."
 
"Then let's go get food."
 
"Or we can just order pizza."
 
"I want real food."
 
"Pizza is real food."
 
"Na Naaaaa. Can we go buy food so you can cook? Please? Please? Please?"
 
I glared at him but gave in. I guided Jonghyun to the supermarket so we can buy food. We went inside and I got a cart.
 
"You push this." I told Jonghyun. I thought Jonghyun would refuse but he seemed excited. 
 
"This is so weird. It's like a mall, but for food! I've always wanted to go to a supermarket! " Jonghyun exclaimed. Jonghyun gets excited over the weirdest things.
 
"What do you want to eat?" I asked him.
 
"Anything!" Jonghyun replied distracted as he looked around with amazed eyes. Is this really his first time seeing the supermarket?
 
I puffed my cheeks. I guess I can make spaghetti, I'm too lazy to make anything else. Should I make Korean food though? But I don't really know how to make any Korean food other than dukbokki. Spaghetti it is.
 
I walked around with Jonghyun trailing behind me. I put all the ingredients for spaghetti in the cart and continued walking around. Might as well do my food shopping now too. I grabbed the milk and turned to put it in the cart only to find no one. Where did Jonghyun go now?
 
"Na Na?" I heard a voice say. I turned.
 
Oh no. I remember her.
 
It was Ha Na. I do not like her… I used to go to middle school with her, and let's just say we aren't on the greatest terms. We used to be friends but then things happened…and we fought. And the very reason why we fought was standing right there, next to Ha Na.
 
Of course they're together now.
 
"Anneyeong Ha Na… and Yong Hwa-shi…" I greeted and bowed a little.
 
"Why so formal, Na Na? You make it sound like we don't know each other." Yong Hwa said.
 
"Yes Na Na, why so formal?" Ha Na asked. I looked of course. I see what's going on. Ha Na called me to gloat. I got it! You got the guy. Sheesh.
 
"Mianh." I told them.
 
"So, how's that super smart school you now attend?" Yong Hwa asked.
 
"Good. It's nice there." I replied. Yong Hwa's still the same. As friendly and charming as ever.
 
"I'm glad you like it. You've gotten much prettier. Have you found boyfriend yet?" Yong Hwa asked teasingly.
 
"Gomawa. And no, not yet…"
 
"The same as ever, Na Na. You should get out more you know, you'll never get a guy this way." Ha Na said as she put her arms around Yong Hwa's arm. I'll never get Yong Hwa you mean. Gosh Ha Na, I moved on. I don’t like Yong Hwa anymore!
 
I swear, Ha Na's changed so much when boys started getting cuter, Ha Na was so different before the 7th grade.
 
"Na Na! Guess what I found? I found banana milk! Taemin always have banana milk! That means he had never took me here before! I'm gonna-" Jonghyun stopped when he realized Ha Na and Yong Hwa.
 
"I thought you said you didn't have a boyfriend." Ha Na said when she saw Jonghyun with wide open. Ha Na probably think Jonghyun's attractive. Well I know she thinks that considering the way she was looking at Jonghyun..
 
"Jonghyun's not-"
 
"Aw. Yobo. Don't be embarrasses." Jonghyun said as he out his arms on me.
 
Aish. He's doing it again!
 
"You guys look cute together!" Yong Hwa complimented.
 
"Thanks. I'm Jonghyun by the way!" Jonghyun greeted. Is it just me or does Ha Na look mad?
 
I would push the arm Jonghyun still had around my waist but decided against it. I don’t like Yong Hwa anymore but Ha Na probably thinks I still do. She just keeps rubbing in the fact that she got Yong Hwa in the end right now. I wanted to be sure that Ha Na knows I'm over Yong Hwa. What better way than to pretend I have a boyfriend now? I wanted to prove to Ha Na that I'm doing better than she thinks.
 
"I guess you've grown out of your awkward phase since you found a boyfriend. A better one than I would have ever thought, actually." Ha Na said and smirked. Yong Hwa looked like he was about to apologize for Ha Na but Jonghyun interrupted.
 
"Excuse me, but I think you should grow out of your phase before talking to my Na Na like that." Jonghyun said as he pulled me away. I turned and bowed to them goodbye. As much as I'm annoyed at Ha Na, Yong Hwa's still a sunbae.
 
Jonghyun paid for us and went to the car. We put the stuff in his trunk and I got in the passenger seat.
 
"What's this? No scolding from you? I wasn't being rude?" Jonghyun asked sarcastically as he got in the driver seat.
 
"Ani. If you didn’t say it, I would have." I told him.
 
"Who was she anyways?"
 
"An old friend."
 
"But then why was she so mean to you?"
 
"Because we liked the same guy in middle school. We kind of fought, and she won." I said and puffed my cheeks.
 
"What guy? …That guy?" Jonghyun asked raising his voice a little.
 
"How else?"
 
"Why did you like him?"
 
"Why do you make it sound like it's wrong? Yong Hwa's sweet. I've known him since I was little but we kind of just stopped contacting when I switched high school… or when they started dating." I said and sighed.
 
"Forget him! He's a weirdo for picking that girl over you."
 
"Gomawa, Jonghyun." I said and smiled. Jonghyun can be sweet sometimes.
 
"You're welcome Na Na!" Jonghyun said as he turned and gave me a smile.
------------------------------------------------------
Jonghyun's POV
 
We arrived at Na Na's home and went in. I walked in with Na Na with shopping bags in hand. Na Na opened the door and we put the things down. I put the things away for Na Na while she cooked. After I was done, I decided to help.
 
"What can I do?" I asked her.
 
"You can go and watch TV." Na Na told me as she continued cooking.
 
"I want to help!" I said and pouted.
 
"Here then. Open this jar." Na Na said and handed me a jar. I opened it for her and waited for her to tell me to do more.
 
"What now?"
 
"I don’t know, Jonghyun. What can you really do?"
 
"Yah! I can do a lot!" I defended. I really didn’t but I wanted to seem like I know a lot.
 
"Cut this then." Na Na said pointing to the tomatoes. I didn’t really know how to but decided to try. How hard can this be? I took the knife and started cutting slowly. This isn’t so hard. Hehe. I started going faster. This is-
 
"AHHH!" I screamed when I felt pain on my finger. It's bleeding
 
"Aish, I knew something like this would happen!"
 
"Ahhhhh! It hurts!"
 
"It's just a cut Jonghyun." Na Na said as she examined my finger. She blew on it slightly. I chuckled. Na Na cares. Na Na's so cute.  Na Na put me on the couch and came back with a box. She opened it and took a box of band aid out. She gave it to me.
 
"Put it on for me. I don't know how to." I told Na Na. She probably knew I was lying but did it for me anyways. I smiled.
 
Na Na went back to cooking as I observed her from the couch. I smiled to myself. Na Na was so cute.
 
We ate dinner and talked. The food was really delicious. Na Na's mom came back and joined us. Na Na's mom was nice. Hehe. Her mother likes me.
 
It was getting late so I had to go home. I greeted Na Na and her mom goodbye before heading to my car.
 
As I drove, I remembered something. It's almost Christmas! I should get Na Na something. I called Key so he could help. I asked him to meet me at the mall…
---------------------------------------------------------
Na Na's POV
 
After finish eating, I decided to go and take a walk. I made my way to the park then to my favorite bench. I sat down and looked up. The skies are pretty. I shivered. I should have bring a jacket.
 
"You'll get sick like that." I heard a voice say. I sat up.
 
"K-Khun?" I asked and stared. Khun smiled and took off his jacket. He took the seat next to me and put his jacket around me. I didn't know what to say.
 
Khun's here.
 
"I saw you a few days ago." Khun said after a while, breaking the silence.
 
"I… I saw you too." I replied.
 
"I know. I'm sorry... I saw you running away and I realized what a huge mistake I made... I ran after you but I saw that Jonghyun got there before I did… I realized something when I saw you with him. I realized how much I still love you…
 
...
 
But I'm not here to ask you to take me back… I know we can't go back to the way it was because… because you're starting to love him. Jonghyun."
 
"I don't-"
 
"I know you, Na Na. I saw the way you look at him, it was the same way you looked at me. The love you have for me is fading and it too late. It took me too long to realize it… I guess you never really know what you've lost until… until you see them with someone else… I was going to apologize and ask for a second chance, but then I thought of how much I must have hurt you…"
 
"Khun-"
 
"All I can do now, is make sure you're happy. And I see that you're happy with Jonghyun… I'm not gonna get in the way of that. That's the only thing I can do to make it up to you… I'll stand by you until that stupid guy makes a mistake so I can sweep you off your feet again."
 
Khun looked at me and smiled. I couldn’t help but smile a little too. But could Khun be right?
---------------------------------------------------------
Jonghyun's POV
 
"What about clothes?" I asked Key pointing to the clothing store.
 
"Clothes? Clothes, Jonghyun. You have more money than that." Key replied. I pouted. I wasn't just gonna get her one thing… but fine…
 
"What about shoes than?" I asked pointing to the store next door. Girls liked shoes, especially really expansive ones.
 
"What are you going to get her, Jonghyun? Sneakers? Because that's all she ever wears."
 
Not true… Na Na wears flats too. But fine.
 
This is hard. Key won't tell me what to get because he said I should think of it myself.
 
"Jewry then?" I asked pointing to the Jewry store.
 
"Finally. We're getting somewhere."
 
I smiled. Kim Jonghyun is so smart. We walked in and I started looking around.
 
"What about that?" I asked Key pointing to the heart necklace.
 
"A heart. Just a heart? How unoriginal can you get?"
 
"Aish. What about that?" I pointed to the one next to it.
 
"That looks like a dog tag."
 
"That one?"
 
"A circle? Get something with meaning!"
 
"Like what?" I asked him getting a bit frustrated. This is hard.
 
 "Like in Boys Before Flowers!"
 
"That necklace? Do they sell that here?"
 
"Pabo! I meant get something made!"
 
Get something made? What is there to make? I rubbed my head trying to think... Memories... special... original...
 
"A dinosaur?"
 
"Who would want to wear a dinosaur around all day?" Key asked. Na Na probably would… but fine, I guess it would be a little weird…
 
Key rolled his eyes and put his hands in my pockets.
 
"YAH! BWOH-"
 
Key took his hands out and handed me my phone. I looked at him with a look. A phone necklace?
 
I stared at my phone closely and recongnize the sparky charm dangling from it.
 
"Ahhhh! The charm." I exclaimed when I remembered the cell phone charm me and Na Na had.. Hehe. I'm sure Na Na would love this.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks to those who comment, they really help me write and help the story do better! (~ ̄▽ ̄)~