First Time For Everything

The Thin Line Between You and Him


Na Na's POV

After our day out, you would think me and Jonghyun bonded but we seem to have drifted even more. He hasn’t talked to me for days and I kind of wished he did. The day we went out, not thinking about Khun was easier than now, when I try to do it alone. I was going to talk to Jonghyun but decided against it.  I told my mom what happen since it was only a matter of time before she notice Khun's absence in my life and got curious as to why I was depressed for the last few days. She suggested girl's day out but I declined saying I wanted alone time.

It's Sunday and I'm bored. Remembering what I told myself , I need to actually start getting over Khun. I took all of the Khun-related thing and put them in a box inside my closet. It hurts to see them.  I seriously considered burning them but there really isn’t any good. I realize that the way to get over him isn't by getting rid of all the evidence of him- of us. There's no use to denying what happened, he'll always be in my heart… no matter how hard I try to forget. We had an amazing time together, the last thing I want to do is regret the time we've spent together. If I regret what happened, it'll be like I wasted time with him… and that’s the last thing I want to do. The time we've spent together was great so I shouldn’t regret them.  Yes, that's the way to look at things.

It's almost night time. Coming home with a new haircut and bags in my hands, my mother looked surprised. Probably first time seeing me getting a hair cut on my own and shopping in a really long time. She didn’t say anything and went  back at her laptop.

"Something happened at work so I'm leaving you money for food! Call if anything happens. I'm sick of texting." My mom yelled from downstairs before leaving for the law firm.

 My phone beeped notifying me of my text message.

Busy? It's Key by the way. It was from an unknown number so I was debating if I should text back. But it said Key and is not a very usual name.

How'd you get my number? I texted back.

I took it from Jonghyun's phone. Did you know your caller id for him is Na Na?Key replied.

Well, it is my name.

Yeah but the girls in his phone is usually vague like 1st period or pretty hair. He never bothers with a girl's name. So… busy?

Should I be flattered by that?

Nope.

Well I'm not doing anything either. Eat with me? He sent back. It's not like I have anything to do… I gave him my address to my house so he can pick me up. After an hour, my doorbell rang. I went downstairs and opened the door.

"I like your new haircut." He complimented and walked into my house.

"Thanks."

"Your house is far." He complained as he takes a seat on my couch.

"I thought we were going out. I don’t trust you enough yet to be in an empty house with you so get out." I took his hand and dragged him off my couch and out the house. He chuckled.

"You live alone?" Key asked once we got inside his car.

"My mom works." I replied and he nodded in acknowledgement.

He took me to a nice restaurant and we walked in. The lady smiled at Key and lead her to a table. The view was pretty… The restaurant looked busy so I found it kind of weird that this tabled wasn't reserved or anything. Did Key make a reservation? But he just called… unless this was planned?

The waitress came and greeted Key before asking for the order. She knew his name for some reason. Key must come here a lot then if they even know his order.

"This place looks expensive-"

"Don't worry about it." Key told me and gave me a reassuring smile. I still can’t help but feel bad. Another waitress came to give us our drinks. She knew Key's name too?

"Do you come here a lot?"

"You can say that."

Woah… So this is how rich people live.

                                                                                                          

Key's POV

We started eating and we talked about random stuff. I told her about my busy parents and she told me about hers. Her dad died a while back. But she didn’t look sad talking about it. She said she should cherish the memories they had, not cry over it. Talking to Na Na was nice. Na Na is quite special.

"So what about Jonghyun?" I began.

"What about him?"

"Well..."

"What is it?"

"You guys are dating, am I right?"

"No, you couldn't be more wrong." Na Na quickly replied without another word.

We finished desert and I got up. I looked at her and motioning her to get up so we can leave.

"Do you eat here so much that they give you free meals?"  Na Na asked with a confused face.

"Don’t see why I have to pay at I place I owned." I chuckled at her confused face.

I asked her where we should go. It wasn't too late so I didn’t want to take her home yet. She suggested the movie theater and I agreed. I'm a bit excited. The almighty Key, living a day as a commoner. Why do I not have a TV show?

We bought tickets and food. We're watching  a horror film, she seemed weird when I asked her if she wanted to watch a romantic movie. Thought girls loved that kind of stuff. I kind of wanted to watch it too but Na Na's the boss.

Walking into the theater I realized I got excited for nothing. It was just watching a movie at home but with a bunch of people and a big screen. Yet I weirdly preferred this more. Even though I can do that at home alone, without the nosy chewing of the popcorn. Na Na didn’t seem scared the entire time. I wanted to scream half the time but I restrained. I didn’t want to look like a baby.

The movie was over but I didn’t want to go home yet… It was late when the movie was over so I knew I had to take her home. But when I headed to the exit she grabbed my hand to another movie.

"What are we doing?"

"Let's watch this one. It's starting in like 2 minutes."

"Is this even allowed?" I whispered to her as we walked to the seat. I don’t remember getting tickets to two movies.

"Not really… but we didn’t get caught." She giggled but I just went along with.

"Would your mom allow you to be out so late?" Its almost midnight and we have school tomorrow. It's not gonna be a problem for me but I don’t want Na Na to get in trouble.

"She's fine with it. I texted her a while ago."

The movie finished and we left since they weren't showing anything else anymore. It's almost 2 when we got to her house. I waved goodbye and left. I must admitt being a commoner isn’t so bad.

-------------------------------------------------------------

...Just wanted to say hi to the readers. Hope i'm doing okay since its my first time writing and everything... Hope you like the story.