It's a Wonderful Life

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

It was Monday before I knew it and I was once again sitting in History class. I let my mind wander to the date I had with Khun yesterday instead of paying attention as I should be. But how lucky can I be? He's so sweet and romantic. We had our date at his house and he had set up an amazing dinner then I slept over. He then dropped me back to my house so I could change and get ready for school. Even though we didn't go to school together, I was super happy with yesterday and today.

But something bothered me when I was walking to school today. The strange sight of seeing Khun opening the door for Victoria bothered me. He opens the door for me too, but just never in school.  Although that didn’t hurt as much as seeing Victoria laughing with Khun and his friends. I can’t help but feel jealous. Victoria was rich, smart and beautiful… she was able to hang out with Khun and his friends so openly. Nobody would bother Victoria and bully her since she was just like everyone else in the school. Rich and beautiful.

"Na Na-shi!" I snapped out of my thoughts as I heard my name being called.

"Yea?" I responded before it became too obvious that I wasn’t paying attention.

"You will be paired up with Jonghyun here." Paired? Is there gonna be a project? Jonghyun? Who is that? I swear, one day my ability to tune things out will eventually backfire, although I'm surprised it still hasn’t. Then someone sat down next to me.

"Jonghyun." He reached out his hand introducing himself with a disappointed look on his face.

                                                                                                                   

Jonghyun's POV

Aish. Of course I get paired with the weird nerd girl. Out of all the pretty ones here, I get her.  I can already predict the next couple of weeks now… her glancing at me every second, blushing. This usually happens when I'm next to girls. Especially these girls. I dragged myself to the empty seat next to her and introduce myself.

"Jonghyun." I reached out my hand and she shook it. I was kind of expecting blushing because of the touching but she just kept staring. So she's that kind of weirdo… well at least  she's not that ugly. Far away, she isn't someone you’d want to approach but looking closely now, she's actually meh. But that might just be because Ihave a much higher standards when it comes to girls. Although she's looking kind of stalker-ish staring at me like that. What if she was that stalker who keeps putting the weird love notes with her address in my locker?

"Falling for me already?" I chuckled and decided to play it cool.

"Well I'm just staring because you weirdly remind me a dinosaur and a puppy. I can't decide which." First time something like this happened. Okay, she is definitely not the stalker. I chuckled at her response… maybe this wont be so bad. Probably fun.

"Do you always say what's on your mind?" I chucked.

"Sometimes… your kind of short too." She laughed as she glance up and down.

"Yah! I am taller than you! Why are you checking me out anyways?" Now she's just annoying. I'm not even that short. She's shorter.

The rest of the period were given to us to start the project. We had to read some historic book and write some stuff together. I didn’t even have to do anything, because she was totally fine with it. She ordered me to just sit here herself.

"Should I do anything?" Even though I didn’t want to, I find myself looking for an excuse to talk to her.

"Do you even want to? Plus, I don’t even trust you with my grade like this." And just when I was gonna take the annoying thing back.

"Yah! What does that suppose to mean? How are you so sure I don’t want to do it? How are you so sure that I can't do it?" I raised my voice with slight annoyance. She looked a bit taken back with my yelling but she was rude first.

"Alright… You don’t have to yell…" Then she started telling me what to do. I now feel a strange sense of regret because I was put to work.  I shouldn't have said anything. But I didn’t want to look like an idiot, so I started doing what she told me to do. I was working but I got bored so I wanted to see if she would blush as I had  expected her to at the beginning. Guess...not? Now I kind of want her to look at me. Like the player I am, it feels rejected to have that one girl not care or look. I don’t know if is just me but I think it's a weird pride thing.

                                                                                                                  

Na Na's Pov

The Jonghyun guy kept looking at me. I didn’t want it to be awkward so I kept looking at the book without a glance up at him.

The bell finally rang and I started to grab my stuff and leave. My phone buzzed and I took it out expecting another one of Khun's message but it was only my mom. I was about to reply my mom when someone grabbed my phone.

"YAH!!" I looked up to see Jong Hyun with my phone. Was he texting my mom?

"Yah? I'm pretty sure I'm older. Call me oppa," I looked at him like he was crazy, I don’t even call Khun oppa " If you want it back, you better do what you're told." Jonghyun threatened without taking his eyes off my phone.

"Oppa… Can I please have it back?" I said with annoyance. Can he more of a bother?

"Jonghyun oppa! Say it like that." He looked like he was enjoying this a lot.

"Jonghyun oppa." I sighed trying to not roll my eyes. I knew it would waste less time if I just did what he said so I didn't argue. He looked like he knew this was the best he could get from me so he handed the phone back.

He winked at me and started walking away. I looked at my phone to and saw a new contact. Jonghyun oppa.

"Don’t you dare delete it! We have the project remember? And don’t change the name too or I'll put something worse next time!" He shouted a second before I was about to click delete. What harm will it do if I kept it? And I really don't want him putting Jonghyun yebo or something next time.

 The rest of the day was just like everyone other; boring. I walked home and into my room to see Khun on my bed looking at my photo albums in my room.

"How did you get in?" I asked as I quickly grab the album from him. Khun gave me a that-wasn’t-nice look but I just stuck my tongue out at him. Khun just rolled his eyes cutely with a chuckle.

"Your mom let me in. Oh I'm staying for dinner too! She went to buy groceries. She's making my favorite stew." He announced and tried to get the album back from me. I quickly put it behind my back playfully as Khun comes closer.

"I'm disappointed in her… she let you in my room and left the house. No Victoria today?" I asked and tried to smile in a way that didn't make me seem jealous. Khun though, saw right through me and wrapped his hands around my waist as I tiptoed and kissed him.  I put the album on the dresser behind me so I would be able to hug him back.

"Jealous?" He leaned down and kiss me again

"Very." I admitted without hesitation. We kept kissing until my phone buzzed, interrupting our moment. But before I could get it, Khun grabbed it before me. He smiled playfully but he suddenly frowned after reading whatever was onthe screen.. 

"What is this? Jonghyun oppa? You don’t even call me oppa!" Khun yelled in a way that seemed kind of mad but sad at the same time.

"Jealous?" I mocked him as I try to grab the phone from him. He looked like he was typing something, and I really hope he isn't replying the message. Who knows how Jonghyun would take Khun's message.

"Should I be? " Khun asked but then started reading out the message, "When can we meet? Yah! Are you seeing him?"

"It's just for a school project." I reached for the phone but failed, I hope he didn’t send anything.

"I guess… I can’t do anything about that. But you can only meet him in the library. No where without people. And you need to tell me beforehand. Absolutely no eating with him!" Khun pointed his fingers at me while lecturing like a teacher.

" Alright. but I can't promise with the food thing! I cannot turn down a free meal." I giggled, trying to provoke him a bit. Jealous Khun is cute.

"I am serious! Wait a second! Jonghyun? Don’t fall for him!" Khun got serious all of the sudden.

"I won't! I have been too preoccupied about this one guy to think about another." I smiled at him with a peck on the cheek and he seems satisfied with the answer. Khun though got quiet and looked like he was about to set more rules but my mom came home just in time.