The One You Want May Have Just Forgotten

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

Valentines day approaches and I feel more confused than ever. Not about who my valentines is-because Jonghyun has made that clear-but just on the subject of love. I don't think I love Jonghyun-no, I can't-it's too soon. Right? Ah, I don't know!  Ever since Jonghyun's drinking incident a few days back, I've been feeling different towards him. I don't know how to describe it. I sometimes get mad looking at the kid. I feel mad because-because I feel like he forgot what he said-and that he didn't really mean what he said.

"Guess who?" Jonghyun asked and hugged me from the back.

"Um, Nichkhun?" I .

"YAH!" Jonghyun yelled but with his arms tighter around me.

"Kidding." I laughed and turned to give him a small peck. Jonghyun smiled in satisfaction and leaned in for another. I was about to let him kiss me but I turned my face when I realize the glares I was getting. It's been happening for a while now but it seems like it's getting worse. Jonghyun cutely puffed his cheeks but gave up and put his hands in mine instead. We started heading towards class. I looked around and still saw the glares-heck, some of them were even pointing. Key told me not to worry about it-he said they're just surprised Jonghyun is with me for so long. Not to mention it's almost Valentines day and Jonghyun is always single on that day. Even if it meant breaking up with the girl a few days before and taking her back the few days after-but then ending things when he decided it was too long. I took a glance and Jonghyun and saw him smiling cheekily. He doesn't look like he's about to break up with me…

"Is my girlfriend admiring me?" Jonghyun asked when he saw that I was staring. I simply rolled my eyes and walked to my seat. I don't sit next to Jonghyun because we still have that project to work on. Jonghyun was not happy when he figured out that my partner was a guy, but I just quickly retorted that his partner is Krystal so he had no right to freak out over it. I usually try not to glance at those two. I knew that it's not a good idea to, so I don't-well try not to.

"Annyeong Na Na-shi." Junhyung greeted cheerfully. I smiled and greeted him back. I get kind of scared by him, he's nice but scary nice… I don't know how to explain it.

After the period of working on our book and project, the bell rang and we began packing.

"So, Na Na. You know, I was wondering-" Junhyung began but interrupted by Jonghyun.

"Na Na, how many sides does a circle have?" Jonghyun asked with a smile. I looked at him like he's crazy. Jonghyun-Jonghyun's not serious is he?

"Two! Inside and outside. Get it?" the dork laughed at himself and I couldn't help but laughed a little too.

"I almost thought you were serious."

"I'm not an idiot Na Na! You do not give me enough credit! I'm pretty smart… when I want to be."

"Arraso, Jonghyun."

"So, did you like the joke? I spent an entire period looking on my phone to find something that will make my baby laugh."

"You know, it'll be even funnier if you fail this class because you haven't work on the project."

"I have! I just-I just took a break, you know-because I feel lonely. I don't like my partner, and I don't like yours either." Jonghyun complained and Junhyung coughed a little. I feel bad now. I realized I forgot that Junhyung's still there.

"No offense." Jonghyun quickly added when he saw the glare I was giving him. Junhyung smiled but I could tell he was a bit annoyed.

"So, a-are you guys still dating?" Junhyung asked with a hint of confusion and bewilderment.

"Why wouldn't we be? Ah, it's almost Valentines day, isn't it? You must think I'm still going to break up with Na Na just like everyone else. But, sorry to disappoint. I am definitely not breaking up with my baby." Jonghyun retorted with a kind of a rude face. I shot him a glare.

"A-ani, I-I was just-you know… Um, I'm just going to go. I'll see you, Na Na-shi." Junhyung smiled before leaving. I waved him goodbye but Jonghyun took my hands away.

"What do you think you're doing?" I asked him.

"Stop being so nice to that guy." Jonghyun stated like a child.

"I'm not going to be mean to him just because you tell me to." I told him with my eyes rolled.

"I'm not asking that of you.  Just-just don't smile so much in front of him. Or at least when I'm here. Actually, no! Not at all." Jonghyun pouted.

                                                                                                    

Krystal's POV

"So Jonghyun, when should we meet for this project?"

"Oh, I don't know.... How about never? You know, at that place around the corner of nowhere." Jonghyun replied with his eyes still glued on his phone.

"Yah! Kim Jonghyun!" I yelled. Jonghyun ignored me and just kept looking at his stupid phone. What is he looking at anyway? I glared at him but I guess I'm still being ignored. Jonghyun then let out a laugh.

"Yah, Krystal." Jonghyun called out. Yah? Excuse me? But I'll pretend like I didn’t hear that and gave him my sweetest smile. But Jonghyun's still not looking.

"Yes, oppa?" I asked sweetly.

"How many sides does a circle have? Two! Hehe. Because there's an inside and outside. Get it?" Jonghyun laughed.

"No." I told him. What is with this kid? Jonghyun is such a dork. So different from what I remembered.

"Whatever, I think Na Na will." Jonghyun said like a kid. I looked at him confused. I know Jonghyun can be a child sometimes but-but he's never been-so, so dorky. Yet, the jealousy hurts more than ever. Why wasn't he this dork when he was with me?

My thoughts was interrupted when the bell started ringing. Jonghyun suddenly got up and walked right up to Na Na with that smile. One he has never shown me before. I huffed at the sights of the two thing. Well, one thing. Jonghyun isn't a thing-well-Jonghyun's my thing. Not, that girl's.

I over heard what Jonghyun's saying and I feel angrier than ever. Not to mention that stupid feeling in my heart. You're always single on Valentines day. You're suppose to be single in Valentines day! We broke up on that day! Jonghyun! You're suppose to mourn over our love, not-not celebrate over another one! Did you honestly forget?

I walked out the classroom and let out a screech. The girl that was walking by gave me a look but I just glared at her.

"What? Don't give me that look! What you should look at is your outfit. What's with the Burberry plaid? You look like my horse. Not to mention those shoes. It looks like it's been handed down generations." I vented out.

"It-it was. It-it's vintage." that girl stuttered. I gave the girl a look. Vintage? Is-is this girl serious?

"Honey. That is not vintage. Learn the difference before you lecture me about it. Vintage is high quality. That is just old and raggedy." I retorted with the look I know all girls find intimidating. Fashion is a statement, and that girl is telling everyone in the world that she is some color blind animal. The girl probably got the message and ran away. I did you a favor.

"Krystal!" I heard someone called out. I turned and found Victoria. I smiled and walked towards her.

"Let's go, shall we?" I asked and we began walking towards the cafeteria.

"So, how was class?" Victoria asked as we sat down on one of the seats.

"Just great." I lied.

"That's good."

"So, it's almost Valentines day. How are you and Nichkhun celebrating it?"

"Ah, I don't think we are. Khun is more Korean I think, you know, like White day instead of Valentines day… But I don’t think we're celebrating either of them anyways...at least not together." Victoria bitterly said. I gave her a smile.

"You could be. You just need Nichkhun to get over that girl-what was her name?-oh, right… Na Na." I rolled my eyes as I said her name.

"I was thinking about what you told me the other day and are you sure? Na Na looks kind of-"

"Innocent and totally not what I said! I know, that's exactly why I'm right. It's an act, a lie. People lie!"

"Fine, whatever. But what am I suppose to do? It's not like I can just go up to Khun and tell him to get rid of the feelings for her!"

"You could, but that'll come across weird. But what you are going to do is get rid of her."

"How am I going to do that?" Victoria asked like it's the hardest question ever. She honestly couldn't have changed that much, could she?

"Make her cry, bully her, lie, I don't know! This isn’t as hard as you think."

"So I should bully her and make her cry?" Victoria paraphrased.

"And lie." I added.

"About?"

"That's the beauty of it. Anything you want." I smiled. It's so much easier when I don't have to do the work.

                                                                                           

Jonghyun's POV

I took Na Na home early  and told her I was hanging out with Key and Onew to watch movies and...stuff. I lied though. I am going to be with Key and Onew but not for a movie. Psh, I'd die before I do that with them.

"What about fireworks?" Onew suggested. Fireworks… That's romantic, right? I did think so until Key scoffed and rolled his eyes-I think he's been hanging out with Na Na too much.

"Fireworks? Why not get a big flashing banner that says 'it has been done a million times on it'." Key sarcastically said back.

"What are you talking about? I think it's a good idea!" Onew snapped back.

"I honestly don't know what girls find so charming about you. You’re a 'suppose' player but you know less than Taemin. We should have him here instead." Key retorted. Taemin. I laughed at the thoughts of him being here. He'd probably suggest…a sand castle or something. Luckily, we had Minho on Taemin duty and take him to-wherever Taemin goes when he's bored.

"You know, Jonghyun. You are such a procrastinator. You should have figured this out ages ago." Key suddenly said.

"I was not procrastinating! I-I was simply-I don't know. I had a few ideas….that was until Minho laughed at them and told me to be prepared to go home alone." I told them.

"Minho? Minho hadn't had a girl ever since that girl in the fifth grade who broke up with him and said he looked like a frog on that school field trip, then leaving him for that other kid-what's his face?" Onew asked himself. What was that kid's name?

"Junhyung!" Key shouted after a while.

"Right!" Onew agreed.

"Him? He's in my first period. I don't like that kid." I stated.

"Wah, what a good friend you are, standing by Minho like that." Onew commented. I looked at him with confusion.

"Deh? That has nothing to do with that. I don't like him because he sits next to my Na Na."

"So you would just not like anyone that's in a touchable perimeter of Na Na?" Key asked sarcastically.

"I would just not like anyone who makes twinkly eyes towards Na Na." I replied.

"Twinkly eyes? Junhyung is the last person to make twinkly eyes." Onew said.

"Yah, I think he likes her!" Key said loudly.

"He may be infatuated, but I doubt-" I began.

"No, Jonghyun. Junhyung likes-likes her. That kid is kind of the closest thing we have to a gang-well without the blood and the beatings I guess-but he doesn't pay attention to girls! And twinkly eyes? I think you have another one to watch out for." Key stated. I let out a nervous laugh.

"Na Na just met the guy, idiots. If I should worry about anyone, it's that Thai guy." I told them.

"I don't know." Onew and Key sang together.

"Stop acting like a bunch of kids. When did we even get here? I need a plan! A plan! The reason why you bunch are here!"

"I find that term offensive." Key ed.

"Whatever Key, can we just, continue?" I pleaded.

"I think someone gets too touchy when we talk about-"

"Shut up Onew!" I snapped.

"Arraso, arraso." Onew sighed defeat.

"What about the ice-" I began.

"If your sentence ends with cream and parlor, don't even bother to continue." Key told me. Fine, fine.

"Key, what about you then. What have you come up with exactly?" Onew challenged with a look.

"I am here to provide opinions, not ideas." Key stated to which me and Onew then roll our eyes.

"Alright then, what if I take Na Na the toy-"

"Where exactly do you come up with these ideas, Jonghyun? Do you just say every stupid thing that comes to mind?" Key replied with a confused look. I pouted.

"To the amusement park!" Onew screamed.

"Might as well give her a card that says 'cheapskate' on it."

"I took Na Na to an amusement park."

"Not on Valentines day. Jonghyun, you have money. Spend it, don't die alone with it."

"Why don't we just throw those two on the roof top then and let them throw around Jonghyun's money?!? Aish, then I can finally leave." Onew sarcastically said.

"The roof top!" Key shouted. I gave him a look.

"Coming from the guy who said the ice cream parlor was bad. How is a cold roof any better?" I contradicted.

"How is it not? It's secluded, romantic and meaningful. And instead of money, have snow!"

"Na Na likes snow but doesn't like it too cold out so-"

"Where are you going to get snow, Jonghyun?" Onew asked me.

"Not real snow, just like paper or plastic or-Jonghyun, I'm doing all the work for you. You think of this-Ooo! I have an appointment now to get to! My little cousin has her play today, and I am going to see my little Annie sing."

"I thought her name was Ae Sook or something." Onew stated like an idiot.

"Annie is a character, Onew. In a play. You know what a play is right?"

"I'm not an idiot!"

"All the others things you say tell me otherwise." Key smiled and left.

"Well, it's just you and me, Onew." I said after Key left.

"Actually, it's just you. I have a date." Onew admitted after looking at his watch.

"With?"

"Ahh-umm. T-Je-Ti-Jessica! That's it! Thanks Jonghyun, you probably saved me from a slap." Onew smiled as he left my home. I sighed. It's just me now. I would go and visit Na Na….but I have to do this Valentines Day stuff first, I need a present too! I realized how much I had to do so I took my car keys and left.

                                                                                    

Na Na's POV

"No, Taemin!" I freaked when I saw the smokes.

"Aish." Minho yelled and turned the stove off.

"M-Mianh." Taemin apologized and backed away.

I pouted. Guess we'd just have to start over… Should have known such a thing will happen when Taemin showed up and offered his help… But, it's alright. We still have a couple of days to fix….this.

....Aish, Jonghyun. You're lucky I'm making this for you even though you forgot all about what you said.