Doubts and Indulgence; Denial

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Key's POV

"Stop that annoying humming, would you Key?"

I shot Onew a what-are-you-gonna-do-about-it-look then continued humming. We went to the elevator and pressed the level where Jonghyun lived. It's Sunday and I'm bored. I managed to only bring Onew with me though… This kid can be bribed very easily with food. Taemin had some family business stuff so I understood. But Minho?!? He simply refused! Me! The Almighty Key! I'll deal with him later.

The elevator opened and I started walking out with Onew trailing behind me. We reached Jonghyun's apartment and I entered the password opening the door. Onew walked in and jumped on the couch before turning on the TV. I walked into the master bedroom only to find an empty bed. I looked around for any sight of him… It's Sunday. Jonghyun doesn't gain conscious until at least noon. It's pretty early now… Could Jonghyun be at the hotel? No… he usually sneaks back home after finishes… his deeds.

Ew. I noticed that ugly tie he still had. What a liar. Can’t believe he still have this. I honestly don’t know why he kept it. It's this ugly green color that resembles trash. I don't know why he didn't get rid of the thing the second he got it.

I took it from the top of the dresser and hid it knowing the trash would be a too obvious place. If he does find it again, I’d just hide it like I do every other time. The trash was just a too obvious place. After hiding it, I went out the living room.

I walked out of Jonghyun's room and Onew looked up when he heard me.

"Where's Jonghyun?" Onew asked when he realizes I was alone.

"I don't know…" I told him and pouted. Where could he be?

"Did you check the roof?" Onew suggested after a while.

"Oh right! Psh…" I told Onew and gave him an I-knew-that-look. Onew laughed and rolled his eyes. I walked out of the apartment and Onew followed. We opened the door that led to the room with the key Jonghyun hidden in the plant. I walked up the stairs and found a sleeping Jonghyun with his head on a girl. A girl? I stood there confused. Jonghyun barely let the opposite in his apartment. But his territory? Not to mention sharing a blanket.

I heard Onew walking up and he also had a curious look on his face. I was going to get closer but I didn’t want to wake them up. I squinted my eyes.

"Na Na?" Onew said before I did.

"Shhhh. You'd wake them up!"

"Well we're gonna have to."

"No, we don't!"

"What are you talking about? It's cold out! All they have is a blanket and a weird stuff animal in between. What do you mean we shouldn't wake them?"

"Look at this scene right now! It's like a drama. They're not supposed to be waken up by those annoying supporting characters!"

"Supporting characters? I'm sure you hate that title more than I do."

"For this particular drama, I'd settle as a supporting character."

"Life isn’t a drama, Key!"

"That's because people keep waking the main characters up!"

We heard a groan and turned. Jonghyun looked at us with sleepy eyes. He looked around with confusion and then noticed Na Na still on his shoulder. Jonghyun looked back at us again.

"Yah! Shut it, would you?" Jonghyun told us.

"Wae? Scared we'd wake your girlfriend?" Onew asked.

"Shut it… Na Na's a friend! Where's your girlfriend? Is it not fried yet?" Jonghyun asked sarcastically. I laughed a little. Haha.

"Yah! Why do you guys always remind me of that? I haven't looked at chicken the same ever since!" Onew yelled and stormed out. What is Onew talking about? He still eats chicken.

I could still hear Onew mumbling when he slammed the door.

Na Na started waking up. Na Na woke up and held the blanket tighter around her.

"Anneyeong!" Jonghyun greeted as soon as Na Na sat up. Na Na noticed me also so I gave her a cheerful wave.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

 "Na Na-shi. You look very pretty in the morning." Onew said to Na Na and smiled. What is he doing?

"I think she looks gross." Key said with his diva voice. There goes his judging.

"Thank you, Key. Just what every girl wants to hear in the morning." Na Na replied.

"Just keeping it real. You kind of look like you haven't showered." Key replied.

"I think Na Na-shi looks very pretty, especially in the morning." Onew said with a weird voice. I looked at him with a glare. Is he a ert? Na Na just laughed awkwardly. Ha! Na Na isn’t flattered by your stupidity!

"Well, I really haven't shower yet. Jonghyun, would you mind?"

"Nope." I told her.

"I'll go find you some clothes!" Key said and left out the door. Na Na was probably about to stop him but he already left.

"Don't worry. Just let him be. Key would probably be back before you finish. You'd be surprise how Key is when it comes to shopping." I reassured Na Na.

As soon as she left for the bathroom and started the shower, I glared at Onew.

"What are you doing?" I asked him. This guy makes me want to shoot him sometimes.

"Like you said, she's not your girlfriend. Just being nice to a pretty girl." Onew replied with this look that makes me want to smack him.

"Things not working out with your girlfriend?" I asked sarcastically trying to provoke him.

"Yah!"

Me and Onew continued to stare at each other and before we knew it, Key came back with two shopping bags in hand. Of course he did. Only he'd be able to buy that much in less than half an hour. Key went to the guest bedroom and left it there so Na Na would be able to change when she got out. Key walked out of the room and looked back and forth between us.

"What happened?" Key asked with an Umma voice.

Me and Onew just started screaming at each other so much that I could barely make out what I was saying. I was complaining about this annoying guy's way of bothering me. I could only make out a few words of what Onew was saying and I just heard chicken repeated a bunch of time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Na Na's POV

I walked out of the bathroom and found Onew and Jonghyun yelling at each other while Key just stood in the middle. I looked at the both of them confused until Key told the both of them to shut up.

"Jonghyun. You look gross too. Go shower! And Onew, sit and shut it."

I saw the two of them gave each other glares before doing what they were told. Key looked at me and smiled. He went over and placed me next to Onew.

"Ignore the two. I'll make us food!" Key told me and walked to the kitchen.

"Anneyeong!" Onew greeted and waved. I smiled back and waved back. Onew smiled back brightly.  Just a second ago he was screaming…

"KEY! WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY TIE?" I heard Jonghyun scream from his room.

"I don’t know what you're talking about!" Key yelled back.

"YAH! GIVE IT BACK!"

"I DON"T HAVE THAT STUPID UGLY TIE OF YOURS!"

Tie?

"KEY!!!!! I"LL SHAVE YOUR HEAD IF YOU DON'T GIVE IT BACK."

"I'LL LOOK GOOD WITHOUT HAIR ANYWAYS!"

"UHG! IT'S NOT FUNNY! GIVE IT BACK!"

I heard Key sigh and walked into Jonghyun's room. Onew rolled his eyes.

"Stupid Jonghyun. Stupid chicken jokes. Stupid graduation party. Stupid bottle." Onew mumbled as Key disappeared. 

I laughed awkwardly since I didn’t know what else to say. Suddenly, Onew looked at me and smiled. Why is Onew looking at me so strangely?

"Na Na-shi. Let's go get some food."

"But isn't Key-"

"Key's going to take long anyways trying to hid that stupid tie. Come on! My treat!"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Onew's POV

I took Na Na to my favorite chicken shop. No one comes here a lot but the chicken is amazing. I usually try to hid the fact that I still eat chicken but Jonghyun probably already told Na Na about it. I haven't had chicken in such a long time!

Na Na seemed to like the chicken also.

"Do you like it?" I asked her and took another bite of chicken.

"Definitely!" Na Na replied. I looked at Na Na and felt comfortable eating chicken in front of her. I got weird when eating chicken after that stupid dare but felt fine around her.

Na Na and I talked for quite a bit. Since Jonghyun told embarrassing stories about me, I told Na Na one about him.  I told her about Jonghyun's weird gangster phase. Jonghyun introduced himself as Bling Bling. Jonghyun realized his stupidity freshmen year so you can imagine Jonghyun's embarrassment now. Na Na laughed when she heard Bling Bling. We laughed and ate more chicken. What a fun day!

I took Na Na home since I thought it'd bug Jonghyun more. Hehe. If I hear another chicken joke form Jonghyun again, I'd tell Na Na that other story about him. I waved Na Na goodbye as she got out of the car. I like her.

I drove back to Jonghyun's apartment in order to provoke him more. I walked into his apartment only to hear Jonghyun's stupid voice.

"Yah!" Jonghyun shouted the second I opened his door.

"Wae?" I mumbled as I jump onto his couch.

"Wae? Wae my . Where's Na Na? What did you do to her? Where-"

"Shut it Bling Bling Jonghyun. I took her home?"

"Why did you- Bling Bling? YAH! Did you tell her?" Jonghyun yelled. Jonghyun glared at me while I just stuck my tongue out. Jonghyun gave me a glare.

"Why you little-"

"Stop it." Key said cutting off Jonghyun. Jonghyun gave me another glare.

"What were you doing with Na Na?" Jonghyun asked when Key walked into the kitchen.

"Like you said, Na Na isn’t your girlfriend, what's wrong with taking a pretty girl out to lunch?" I told Jonghyun hoping to provoke him even more.

"YAH!" Jonghyun screamed and threw a pillow at me. Jonghyun attacked me and then sat his big fat stupid on my stomach. I tried shrugging him off but it isn't working. Ever since we made fun of his size when he was little, Jonghyun started working out. Aish. This thing is getting stronger with his stupid muscles.

Jonghyun leaned toward and took another pillow.

"Don't-" Hit.

"Touch-"Hit.

"My-" Hit.

"Na Na!" Hit.

"I thought she wasn't your girlfriend."

"That doesn’t mean you can touch her!" Hit. Hit. Hit.

"Stop it! AISH. It was just a joke. I know better than to touch my best friend's girl!"

"She's not my girl! She's a friend! An important one!"

"Whatever you say Jonghyun. Just, GET OFF OF ME!"

"Say that I don’t like Na Na first!"

"WHY ARE YOU MAKING ME SAY THAT?"

"I don't-Be-because… because I ran out of comebacks… Yeah, that's it."

I rolled my eyes. Key walked in and pull Jonghyun off.

"You're a bunch of immature kids. Jonghyun, you go eat since you're not going to end this stupid denial you have towards-"

"I'M NOT IN DENIAL!"

"Would you look at that? I know you Jonghyun. You tend to yell when you're in denial."

"I DO NOT!"

"Okay. Whatever. Just go and eat before the food gets cold."

Key and I rolled our eyes knowing very well that Jonghyun's fallen hard.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Na Na's POV

I was up in my room and on my bed when I groaned when I realized something. I need to go food shopping. I should put on a jacket too.

I walked out and to the supermarket. I looked around and realized something… the trees, the decorations, the sparkly lights…It's almost Christmas…

I turned away from the supermarket and headed to the shopping mall.

What should I get for mom? I walked around until something caught my eyes. After the end of the day, I went home. I never bought so much for Christmas. It's usually just mom and Khun… Khun. That aching feeling I get in my heart is starting to hurt less every time I remember him. It still hurts a little but it's getting better. I shook my head and headed to the mall.

I went home after finishing and put the shopping bags in my room in order to hid them. I took them out of the shopping bags.

I got mom a pair of shoes. She's been ogling at them on a website yet too busy to go out and buy them. I also got shinee something too. They've gotten quite close to me. Especially Jonghyun, who have been a great…friend? Yeah. Friend. What else?

I got Key a SNSD album. Key complained about how he wanted one yet it'd somehow ruin his image if he was caught buying it. I bought Taemin a nice knitted loop scarf since he was complaining about the cold the other day. I bought Onew an earmuff headphones since I've seen him around school listening to music a couple of time. Onew said he doesn’t like to cold too so I think he'd like them. I got a basketball for Minho that had an M on it. Minho likes basketball right? Yeah…I think so.

Jonghyun… boy… I had no idea what I should get that thing… I'll observe him for the next couple of day to decide what I should get him…  I'll eventually get him something…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------