We All Know It

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Nichkhun's POV

It’s driving me nuts! I can’t remember if it was Na Na I saw yesterday or someone else. Whoever the girl was, she was with that player guy. It can’t be Na Na right? Then why did the girl run away. Is it Na Na? Can she be doing this on purpose? Going on dates with other guys to hurt me? Did she know I'd be there. No… she isn’t like that. But what about the Key guy, what was with them? I know I have no right to be upset over this right now but is so hard to think.

I dressed and walked down stairs. I see Victoria eating with mother. She's here, again. I don’t mind but during this particular time, it's difficult for me to see her and make my decision. But it's not like I can just tell her to leave.

I smiled and grabbed a piece of bread before greeting my mother and heading out with Victoria. I opened the door for Victoria like I was taught when I was little and closed it when she got in. I started the engine and headed toward the school. During the entire ride, I didn’t say anything. I felt Victoria's eyes on me a lot, like she was waiting for me to say something. I feel bad but ignoring her is something I have to do right now. 

We arrived at the school and the first thing I noticed was Na Na, getting out of a car- of the player guy's car. I can’t help but feel like she's doing this to hurt me. First the Key guy and now him? I pretended to not see anything and smiled at Victoria. We walked to the school and the entire time, whispers about Na Na and Jonghyun filled the hallways. Can she really be dating him? No, she's probably doing this on purpose. Na Na isn’t like that though. Is she? So was she actually with him yesterday? Doesn’t she know better than to be around a guy like that?

"Gwenchana?" Victoria said waving a hand in my face.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." I replied and smiled back a bit to reassure her.        

--------------------------------------------

Na Na's POV

Jonghyun stopped in front of the school so I gathered my stuff to get out. Before I opened the car door, Jonghyun already did. He had such a weird smiled plastered on his face. I sighed and started to walk to my lockers while all the girls just gave me very ugly glares. Jonghyun walked with me to my locker and then opened the locker next to me. Isn't that locker Taemin's?

"Why-"

"I switched with Taemin." Jonghyun said and smirked.

"Why would you want to do that?"

"I-It's closer to first period ."

"No it isn't." My locker was pretty far from class.

"Yes it is!" Jonghyun said quickly. What a weirdo. We walked into class and Jonghyun took a seat next to me. So many thoughts are rushing in my head right now while waiting for the teacher to come in. Khun. School. Khun. Home. Khun. Khun and Khun. Ugh.

The teacher came in and I took out my notebook and pen to take notes. Khun . He was with Victoria this morning… Like every other day. I looked out the window and mentally sigh. Even when I'm not think about Khun… I still do. It's like there is a tiny part of my brain that is just mentally set on thinking about Khun.

I raised my hand and asked to go to the bathroom. I walked out of the class then into the bathroom.

After a bit, I headed back to class. Of course, being the klutz I am, I bumped into a wall-

A muscular wall? I don't think is a wall. I looked up and saw the last person I wanted to see. Khun. Our eyes met for a few seconds but I quickly looked away.

"Hey." Khun said and smiled a little. He looked as handsome as ever.

"Hi." I smiled a little and start to walk the other way. Jerk. Why can’t he not smile and pretend to not know me. What is he trying to do?

"How are you?" Khun suddenly said making me stop. I turned and smiled at him.

"I'm good."

"I-"

"I kind of have to get back to class." I interrupted and continued to walk. I don’t know if I can have a conversation with Khun without doing anything stupid. I miss him. So much. I miss being with him, talking to him and hanging out with him and being with him. Why did Victoria have to come back? And why did she have to kiss him? I shouldn’t blame her. It’s not like she knows anyways. I headed back and sat in my seat.

At the end of the class, I grabbed my stuff to leave.

"Jonghyun-shi, Na Na-shi. Can I see you guys for a second?"

"Yeah… sure." Both me and Jonghyun looked confused and a bit scared.

"I was grading the project-which was very good- but that's what's wrong with it. Did Jonghyun here actually do anything?"

"Of course." Jonghyun and I said at the same time.

"Really? Because with the kind of grades Jonghyun has… it's kind of hard to believe."

"Well, Na Na here helped me a lot." Jonghyun said and pointed to me. But the teacher didn’t look like he was buying it.

"Is that so? Well I wouldn’t mind if Na Na here can 'help' you do better in this class. Jonghyun, I would hate to see you exceeding in every class except this one. It kind of makes me look bad. So Na Na?"

"Sure." I fake smiled before leaving.

-----------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

After school, I found myself in Na Na's room while she kept reciting gibberish from the book.  I nodded even though I have no idea what she is saying. I looked around. This room is smaller than my bathroom.

"JONGHYUN!" Na Na suddenly snapped at me. She looks mad and irritated. And not in a cute way.

"Mianh…" I mumbled hoping she won't yell at me more.  She looked like she was about to but took a deep breath and threw an eraser at me.

"YAH!" I yelled.

"Pay attention!"

"But is so boring!' I groaned.

"Well too bad."

"Can we eat?"

"No."

"But-"

"NO!"

I sighed in defeat and Na Na started saying stuff again. So boring. I looked at Na Na and tried to look like I was paying attention.

 It's weird because I didn't think she was this pretty when I first met her… The more I look at her, the more I notice how pretty she is. She looks exactly like the first time I met her, but she just seem so much more attractive now… Na Na just seemed okay to me when I first met her and she looked exactly the same as before. Why does she seem different to me now? Her lips, her eyes and her cheeks. I wonder how she'd look blushing. It’s weird, girls blush in front of me all the time. it's just insulting really. Can I be that unattractive? Psh, no way. But Na Na practically drool over that Thai guy. I think I look better than he does. He's just… taller. UGH. Why didn't I drink more milk when I was-

"Yah!" Na Na snapped again. She looks angrier now.

"Mianh…" I mumbled again. This time Na Na threw the text book at me. Luckily she missed when I ducked.

"I could have died!" I gasped at such behavior.

"Don't be such a baby. Pay attention!"

"I can't. It's-"

"Boring. I know. But the test is this Friday and you need to get this!"

"It's all your fault you know."

"What? How is this my fault? You’re the one failing!"

"It’s just this class! Plus, you shouldn't have done that project by yourself."

"I'm sorry for not letting you ruin MY grade. You'd just slow me down."

"Well guide me to the right direction. Don’t go there by yourself."

"What do you think I'm doing now? I'm trying to 'guide' you right now but your not budging!"

"If I was to eat a little bit…" I mumbled and smiled innocently. She rolled her eyes but agreed to let me eat.

"Let's get pizza then. " She took out her phone and ordered. I was kind of disappointed sinceI was hoping she'd cook something.

She still had the phone charm. Hehe.

After she finished ordering she said we'd have to study while we wait. I groaned.

After a while the doorbell rang. Na Na got up and went downstairs. I followed. She got the pizza and took out the money. I would have paid, but I only had a credit card and something about a cash only whatever. Na Na got the pizza and put it on the dinner table before getting a few drinks.

"Yummy!" Na Na said as she opened the pizza box.

I took a seat next to her and looked at the pizza before taking a piece. Looks fine-sort of. I took a bit after a few seconds of hesitation. It tastes good.

"Where's your mom?" I asked Na Na.

"At work"

"Does she work everyday?"

"Yeah."

"What about your dad?"

"He's… he died 6 years ago."

"Mianh…"

"Gwenchana. He wasn't around much anyways."

"But it must still hurt."

"I guess." Na Na smiled a bit reassuring me that she's fine. But her smile didn’t look fine. I thought I'd change the subject since I hate it when people force me to talk about things. Girls are touchy when it comes to the subject of dying.

"So am I going to have to come to your house tomorrow?" I asked trying to not sound hopeful. Even if studying is boring, spending time with Na Na is… interesting.

"You know, I don’t think tutoring sessions everyday would help. You have the attention span of an elephant." Na Na said and took a sip from her coke.

"Well it's hard to try." I didn't realize how stupid I sound until I heard myself say it.

"Very." Na Na said sarcastically and rolled her eyes.  

"Why do I need to do this anyways? Is not like is important?"

"Well school kind of is. College… Job…  They play a very big part in your life." Na Na remarked sarcastically and rolled her eyes, again.

"I don’t have to try to get a job." I told her. I'm probably going to work at the company as the director or something. Kind of depressing really, to think life was planned out before I even existed. At least I'm not my brother.

"Well I need you to do good on that test so I wouldn’t look like a liar and have that spread to the entire teacher staff, which is going to ruin my chances of good recommendation letter-"

Nerd. Did that even make any sense?

"So basically, I'm doing this for you." I said cutting Na Na off.

"Would it help you do any better if I do say that?"

"It would if you would throw in a favor for me…" I replied. Na Na stayed quiet for a while. Is she really considering this? It was just a joke… What if she does say yes? What should I ask for-

"What would you want?" Na Na said suspiciously. I smirked.

"What about-"

"Before you say anything. Think first. Will I hit you after you tell me?" Na Na said. I tried to think again… No not that… not that either. Aha! Only because I have some unwanted memories I want to get rid of.

"Take me out?" I asked Na Na. She had a confused look on her face.

"Bwoh?"

"You know… like a commoner date? I want to experience a day as a commoner!"

"What does that even mean?"

"You know… like the dates you see the dramas I've watch with my cousin. The dates the two main lead goes on!"

"Do you like me or-"

"NO! Full of yourself much? I just want to bother Key." I quickly cut her off. Me? Like Na Na? THAT IS TO LAUGHT AT! I don’t think it'd bother Key. Would it?

"Why would me being your date bother Key?"

"I-It just will." I'm just getting back at Key. I think it would help me get rid of that queasy feeling I get when I remember the image of Key's hands around her waist.

"Fine. In exchange for day you would have to score at least an 80."

I smiled and reached out my hand for her to shake. Who knew I'd get the chance to get back at Key? Key would be bothered, right? Whatever. This was a way more productive day than I thought.