Deny All You Want

The Thin Line Between You and Him

 

Na Na's POV

I need to snap out of it. I feel weird… especially when I think about Jonghyun. Yesterday, when he caught me, my heart skipped a beat. Can I possibly like him? But he's such a pig! I don't ever remember seeing him without acting like a self-absorbed half the time with girls. Well, he isn’t too bad. Talking to him yesterday, I've decided that he's not terrible. Ugh.

I told myself to get out of bed when I noticed the clock beside me. I went to the bathroom so I could brush my teeth. After I was done, I went back to my room. I picked up my phone to check if there were any messages from anyone but I was left disappointed. I went downstairs so I could eat but before I could open the fridge, my phone rang. It was a text message. Finally...

-You still have my jacket. Meet me at that park we went to.- It was from Jonghyun. I couldn't quite recall what he was talking about but I finally remembered the thing he oh-so-awkwardly put on me yesterday. I was going to wash it but if he wants it now, then so be it. I changed and put his jacket in a plain paper bag then headed to the park. I got to the park and saw him sitting on the bench, weirdly smiling at himself. What a dork. I went up to him and put the bag in his face.

"What is that?" he asked when he saw the bag.

"Your jacket." What did he think it was? He did ask for it.

"What jack- Oh, right." He grabbed the bag.

"Okay, I'll go then." I turned to walk away but I felt someone tug my hand. It was Jonghyun.

"Want to go get some breakfast?" Jonghyun asked still holding onto my hand. I guess I am kind of hungry. I agreed. We went to a fancy restaurant just for breakfast. I hope no one in school sees but it was pretty empty, so my worries were put to rest. I kept my eyes on the door in case. The waitress came and Jonghyun ordered for the both of us, after a while the food then came. Wah. This is what rich people eat everyday? I grabbed a fork and started eating.

"This is so good." I rolled my eyes in delight, with my mouth full of this amazing waffle, pancake thing. Jonghyun chuckled. I looked up and saw a familiar figure behind Jonghyun.

Is-Is that Khun? I choked on my food. It is him...with his friends.

"Gwenchana?" Jonghyun asked.

"Huh… yeah..." I tried to hid my face so Khun wouldn’t see me "I-I have to… go."

I grabbed my stuff to leave and hid my face the entire time. I don’t know why I wanted to leave, but I just don’t know if I could stand looking at him. I walked out and felt a tug. I didn’t look… what if is Khun. Why would he do that anyways?  The person turned me around and oh- is just Jonghyun. I felt weirdly disappointed but relieved at the same time.

"Why'd you rush out like that?"

"It-It was stuffy." I lied, although not successfully considering Jonghyun's unconvinced face..

"It was stuffy? Yeah right. Are you sure it wasn't that Nichkhun guy?" Jonghyun asked with a raised eyebrow. I widen my eyes the second he said Khun's name. What does he know? How long did he know? Did everyone know?

"H-how-"

"It's so obvious. I see you looking at him at school and you obviously like him. Were you so nervous that you couldn't be in the same room with that guy?"

"Wh-Yeah. That's exactly it." So he didn't know. Of course, no one knows. The reason why we were in this mess the first place. If people knew, Victoria wouldn’t have confess, we wouldn’t have broken up and-

"Key told me you took him to a movie dome thing. Take me too!" Jonghyun demanded suddenly changing the subject. Why does everyone want to go? Taemin wanted to go too.

"We should ask Taemin too!" I suggested.

------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

Going to the movies with Taemin is definitely not fun. I was so proud of myself this morning when I found an excuse to call Na Na. It was a pretty genius plan, no? I wanted to spent the day with Na Na myself! But now Taemin is here. He even sat between me and Na Na. I'm annoyed. Why did she even suggest Taemin? Why couldn't Na Na sit next to me? After the movies, stupid Taemin wanted to do more 'commoner' things so he went with us. We were walking for a while and I was kind of hoping he'd leave, since I kind of wanted to be alone with Na Na. I'll admit, I think I like her. But just a little though. Na Na is liked in a good friend way. Yes, she's a friend. Yeah. That's it. A friend. I obviously don't feel any other way toward her.I mean look at her! I can do so much better. I have done so much better. Right?

On another thought, I need to get Taemin to leave. I grabbed my phone to text and texted Taemin. -You need to leave.- I press send.

-Why?- He replied after a few seconds.

-You already saw the movie like you wanted to! Now you can go!- I press sent again. He looked at me and I glared.

I shot him a look. GO! He shot me another look. I don't want to! I looked at him again. Do you want to die?

"What are you guys doing?" Na Na looked at us back and forth. I kept looking at Taemin.

"I should go now… You stay with Jonghyun, alright?" Taemin sighed in defeat. Taemin said bye and hugged Na Na for a long 2 second. Is he asking to die? I opened my mouth in disbelief while Na Na just look confused. Well at least he's gone now.  I was about to say something but I got a text. It was from Taemin.

-You own me one.-

I chuckled and went up to Na Na.

"What should we do now?" I asked her.

"Huh? I don’t know… It's getting dark soon… Shouldn’t we go now? Taemin left." She said.

"No let's do something… let's get food!" I suggested, not wanting to go home yet. I wanted to spend more time with her. Plus, Taemin leaving is just what I wanted.

We kept walking then Na Na stopped me. she dragged me this- what is it exactly? Looked like a cart, that sold food? Na Na got some of the weird food. She said it was fish sticks or whatever but it didn’t even look like fish. She held it in front of me so I would take it. I don’t know if I should since it doesn’t look sanitary. Food from the streets? Gross.

She was still holding it so I took a bite. Why not? It doesn’t taste that bad, and is actually kind of good if I tried not to chew so much. We bought a bit more and kept walking. Na Na suddenly stopped at another stall thing. This one sold weird things. Na Na just kept looking at random stuff. Something caught her eyes. It was a cell phone charm, well two. It was two panda bears. I thought she wanted to get it since she kept looking…but the way she looked was sad.

"Would you like to get that one for you and your boyfriend?" The stall lady asked Na Na pointing to the both of us.

"He's not my-"

"Yeobo. I like this one more." I interrupted and smiled at her. I liked the shocked look on her face when I said yebo.

"What are you doing?" Na Na asked while glaring at me.

"Well I just think this one is better." I smiled and pointed to the charm on the right and bought it. The charm was two question marks. One was upside down while one was just a regular one. But it has magnets so they'd stick together and make one heart.

(A/N: Imagine it as a charm)

"Aw… most couple that come here, the girlfriend has to force the boyfriend to buy it. You're lucky. He's very sweet and handsome. A keeper he is." The lady commented as she gave us the charm. I smiled back at the lady and put the upside down question mark charm on my phone and grabbed her phone too so I could put the other question mark on hers only because I wanted to mess with her. I loved the irritation that cause her face to redden. It's irratatioj causing that, right?

"He's n-"

"Aw. Yeobo… You don’t have to be embarrassed." I chuckled and put my hand around her waist so I could drag her away. It's fun messing with her. I kept my hand there and she looked at me like I was crazy.

"What are you doing?" Na Na tried to get out of my grasp.

"Nothing. I don’t want you to get lost, there's a lot of people here." I smiled and pinched her nose. I simply ignored her face while I dragged her away.

We kept walking for a while until she declared that she had to get home. I didn’t want to but she said she should prepare dinner her mom and eat with her. We drove back to her house and we both got out of the car.

"You can go." Na Na said when she saw me out of the car.

"I'll walk you."

"To where?"

"Your door." I said charmingly. Girls liked that kind of stuff.

Na Na looked at me weird and walked with me. Na Na took out her key but her mom opened before she could use it.

"Your home?" Na Na asked when she saw her mother.

"Yeah I got to go home early today. Who's this?" Her mother pointed at me.

"Anyohaseyo. I'm-"

"A friend. Just friend. His name is Jonghyun." Na Na quickly said probably scared I would pretend to be her boyfriend again. Which I wasn't since I knew better than to lie to her mother.

"Oh is that so. Would you like to join us for dinner then?" Her mother asked me kindly. I said yes before Na Na could say no. I always wanted to try homemade food that wasn't made by Key. I went inside her home and Na Na just sighed. I smirked a bit before going inside.

--------------------------------------------------------

Na Na's POV

Dinner was weird. Jonghyun and my mom kept talking… and I just sat there.

After a while, Jonghyun finally leaves.

"I like him." My mom said. Why did she like him anyways? Why does anyone like him?

"Well I don’t."

"Would you really spend a day with some guy you don’t like?"

"It just happened that way. You read too much into things."

"All right." my mother nodded but looked totally unconvinced though.

I walked up to my room and laid on the bed. My phone suddenly beeped. -Goodnight!- It was from Jonghyun…. What a weirdo. Is this what he does to all girls? And do they actually find this charming? Psh. I noticed the sparkly question mark charm on my phone. I remember now… at least he didn't get the panda one. Panda… I shook my head. No Khun!

Should I keep this charm? Well is very pretty so why not?