Miss You More Than I Could Ever Admit

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

"I missed you." I finally admitted, earning a chuckle.

"I missed you more."

"Liar." I rolled my eyes in sarcasm.

"Yah, you have no idea how I was like when you left. Not even a call since."

"I didn't mean to. Mianh."

"I understand. I'm just glad you're here now. With me." Khun reached over and hugged me. I chuckled a little and hug back at the warm hug.

"Me too." I laughed.

"Then you should have called sooner." Khun pulled away and pinched my cheeks.

"Would you be offended if I just said you kind of slipped out of my mind?" I joked.

"It wouldn't be the first." Khun laughed bitterly, causing me to give him a curious look.
"What-"

"Justignore what I said." Khun tried and walked away, but I wasn't going to let him go so easily.

"No, tell me." I pulled on his hand, preventing him from walking away.

"it's obvious, no? Jonghyun has diverted your attention ever since you've meet him. But I'm used to it."

"I'm sorry. You should have told me-"

"And what? Turn into one of those jealous ex-boyfriends. I want you to be happy. And speaking of which, how are you and Jonghyun?" Khun put his arms around my shoulders. I couldn't tell if it was out of friendliness or… I'm just going to put it aside as friendly.

"We're… we've decided to be strangers now." I bitterly laughed.

"We? Why do I feel like you decided?" Khun laughed.

"I guess. But I just don't think it's possible to go back to the way things were." I sighed. There was a long pause between us before Khun spoke up.

"Does that mean you'd give me a chance?"

"Haha. You're funny." I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Is it really that funny?" Khun sighed, sounding as though a bit hurt. I was taken aback since he did sound like he was joking.

"You were just joking, no?"

"I was. But what if I'm being serious now?" Khun grabbed ahold of my hand.

"You don't mean that. It’s been forever." I reminded him, but Khun didn't lessen on his grip.

"And after all this time, my eyes are still on you." Khun put his hands on my cheeks and gently caressed it.

"Yah-"

"It's alright if you don't feel the same. I didn't expect you to. It's just, after all this waiting, I just couldn't help but ask." Khun explained and let out a slight sigh.

"So you weren't being serious?" I asked again and Khun just chuckled.

"I was so just know I'll be trying again. You're clueless when it comes to this stuff so don't think I'm doing what I am right now out of friendliness." Khun held my hand again and led me through the streets. I didn’t let go but only stared.

"Wouldn't you feel bad though? You're not exactly the person on my mind, even now." I admitted with slight guilt.

"Why did you think I said I'll be trying? If Jonghyun's let you go, I'm not going to wait until someone takes you away again."

                                                                                                             

Jonghyun's POV

I continued to study outside my window, watching the empty desk that belonged to Na Na. I looked at the clock and tsked in annoyance. She should be here by now, so I decided to take my phone out and call.

AISH! She's already broken rule number 1! She should be already fired…I swear, she said co-workers, not stranger. But still, I don't understand her strange mindset when she suddenly declared on her own that-

I rolled my chair back to my desk the second I saw her running in to the office.

"NA NA!" I called from my office speaker thing-ie. 1… 2… 3…

"Yeah?" Na Na ran in, sounding out of breath.

"You're late."

"I know. I was caught up with some stuff."

"What stuff?"

"Just personal stuff."

"Tell me. Number 4! When I ask your to do something, you are to do it with no questions asked." I quoted, getting a little annoyed that she won't tell me.

"Isn't that completely different from asking things from my personal-"

"Ah, ah! No questions!"

"What are you going to o if I won't tell you then?" Na Na challenged.

"Then-then-Just go and make me a coffee." I gave up, not finding the guts to say fired. I just… I just haven't had a good assistant in a long time… that's it.

But the fact that she wouldn't tell me bothers me a lot. I bit my lips in frustration and after a bit of thinking, I went to Na Na and tapped her on the shoulders.

"YAH!" Na Na yelled at me when I tapped her. I saw that I must have scared her, causing her to burnt herself. I felt a pang of guilt when I saw her burnt finger.

"I-Mianh-I-"

"Aish, just tell me what you want." Na Na yelled in an irritated tone of voice. I sighed and reached up to the top cabinet, getting the emergency kit box located there. 

"Let me help you-"

"No-"

"I can do it myself-"

"No, just let me-"

"Let go-"

"Just have me put this on-"

"Why are you-" Na Na stopped in the middle of her sentence when she noticed the people that were staring at us.

"Go back to work." I yelled at them before putting the bandage on.

"There. It's fine now." I smiled at her.

"Why are you acting like this? It's just a finger." Na Na rolled her eyes. I bit my lips when she said that. Why am I acting like this…

"Stop that." Na Na suddenly told me.

"What?" I asked and looked up from her finger.

"Stop...stop staring like that. And biting your lips." Na Na turned away from my glaze, causing me to smirk.

"Are you falling for me. Number five." I sang playfully.

"Jonghyun… didn't we agree-"

"I'm always like this with my assistants." I cut her off, not wanting her to remind me.

"And what is that?" Na Na looked back at me with those large brown eyes of hers causing a strange feeling inside. I am always flirty with my new assistants so this won't hurt… right?

"What do you want it to be?" I smirked again.

"Yah, didn’t I say-"

"Jonghyun?" a girl snapped me away from my hold of Na Na.

"Yeah?" I turned and saw Haejin. Right… I forgot her.

"What are you…"

"Just helping her putting on a Band-Aid." I shrugged nonchalantly.

"Why?" Haejin asked with a baffled voice.

"Jonghyun just brunt my finger." Na Na explained quickly, with me nodding in agreement. I walked toward Haejin and put my arms around her, giving her a kiss on the cheek to calm her down.

                                                                                                           

Na Na's POV

I stared at Jonghyun in disbelief. Acting like that with me then kissing another girl in one second. I knew I should be hurt but I couldn't help it when he just walked away from me like that. Perhaps Jonghyun is happy with that girl, maybe Khun -

"What is with you and Jonghyun?" Amber came up to me and asked.

"Nothing." I replied and just got back to work.

"Is that what that was? Nothing? You guys were a bit too close to each other for it to be nothing."

"We were just arguing."

"If you really were, you'd be fired already. Tell me." Amber whined and pulled on my arm.

"Nothing!"

"Fine then. Don't tell me." Amber huffed and walked away.

I went back to my desk and watched Jonghyun and Haejin together. The way they look together sort of remind me of us. If Jonghyun could be so happy with someone else, shouldn't I too?

I took my phone out and scrolled to Khun.

-How about a movie tonight?- I texted into my phone, hoping for the stupid feeling to go away.

-Miss me already?-Khun replied after a short while.

-Yes or no?-

-How can I ever say no to you?-Khun replied, causing my cheeks to slightly tint. It's funny how Khun is still able to make me the way I do now.

"Ahem." Jonghyun coughed out of nowhere.

"Yeah?" I snapped out of my trance and looked at him and Haejin.

"You can leave now. Jonghyun and I are going on a date." Haejin said out of nowhere. I nodded and just waited for them to go so I could go back to my phone and ask for Khun to meet now.

                                                                                          

Jonghyun's POV

"How about we go to your place now?" Haejin asked after we walked out of the movie theater. I swear… romantic comedy is not my thing. I wanted to watch the other movie showing but let's just say I knew better to ask.

"Ahh, maybe next time. It's just-now, my roommate and-next time."

"But-"

"How about another movie?" I asked her.

"Why another one? Let's just go get something to eat." Haejin sighed and adjusted the straps of her purse, walking away from me to show that she was clearly irritated. I don't like it when my girlfriend is irritated. I was going to say something romantic to get her back but a familiar laugh diverted my attention.

"It's not funny. You try slamming into a door in front of everyone." this stupidly masculine voice said.

"Well, the movie theater was dark. Only I saw."

I turned my head towards the sound of the voice, proving my guess correct. It was Na Na. But more importantly, with Nichkhun. It suddenly clicked in my head. It must be who she was with today and why she was giggling to her phone. I followed closely so I could continue to hear what they were saying.

"Should I make us dinner then?" Nichkhun asked and put his arms around my Na Na.

"You don't know how to cook."

"I do! I learned! I'll make us dinner tonight at my place." Nichkhun said as though it wasn't inappropriate at all.

And worst of all…

"Arraso." Na Na giggled. I decided to go and perhaps push them and pretend I met them coincidently (half true) and make up something so I could-

"Why are you still here?" Haejin grabbed me and pulled me away, reminding me that it's none of my business anymore.

"Yeah… sorry." I said and turned my head once more.

I hated it. I hated how I can't do anything. I hated how they look so comfortable with each other. I hated how she was in his arms and not mine. I hated the way she looked with him. I hated all of it.

I guess I really do still feel the same way about Na Na. I'm not going to continue with this 'co-worker' nonsense. I'm going to take back what's mine. I miss her. I need her. And I am certainly not going to give Nichkhun anymore chance to take Na Na away.

I looked at Haejin guiltily, already practicing what I'd soon be saying to her in my head.

-----------------------------------------------

i would apoligize for the lack of update but how about this update instead? Perhaps another one tomorrow...