Dumb and Dumber

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

It's morning and guess who came over for breakfast...again. Key. It's morning and I'm tired.  Surprisingly, not long after, Jonghyun came. Here I am, stuck in between both of them, feeling as awkward as ever. My mom who already went to work, left me here. Alone. I sighed.

"Why are you guys here?" I decided to finally ask.

"To drive you to school." Both Jonghyun and Key said. I rolled my eyes. Lies.

"Or just to eat my food."

"And that." Jonghyun said and smirked. I rolled my eyes again.

"You do that so much, it's going to roll off soon." Key said as he take another bit of food. I was going to roll my eyes, but decided against it. I don’t need anymore of Key's sass so early in the morning.

After we all finish, we walked out. The first ting I saw stepping out was 2 very shiny cars.

"You bring your car this time?" I asked Key.

"Well you were mad that I didn't last time." Key replied.

"Well no need, Na Na is riding with me." Jonghyun suddenly butted in.

"No, she's riding with me!" Key retorted. Key and Jonghyun then have some sort of weird stare down like Jonghyun had with Taemin last time. Do they read each other's minds or something? I rolled my eyes and started walking instead. I'm not in a mood to wait and watch them pull each other's hair. I got to the bus stop. I wonder if they realize I'm gone yet. I heard a beep. I know him. His name was, On...something. It was something weird. He had nice brown hair and I know he hangs out with Key and Jonghyun. He drove us home.

"Na Na-shi, right?" He said. I nodded and waved. "Want a ride?" He offered. I figured why not. It's not like he's a stranger.

"Thanks." I said as I buckled my seatbelt.

"You're welcome… So is Jonghyun not driving you today?"

"Well let's just say I kind of ran away." I mumbled and heard a chuckle. "Do you live by here?" I asked. I've never seen him around before.

"Huh? No. Just decided to wander today before school started." He plainly said.

We got to school and the first thing that happened was Key and Jonghyun ambushing us.

"Yah!" They both said. I was kind of taken back.

"What?" I replied at the same time as the brown haired guy.

"We thought you were kidnapped!" Jonghyun and Key said together.

"Do I look like a kidnapper?" the brown haired guy retorted.

"You do now!"

"Why are you guys freaking out? I'm obviously fine." I yelled.

"Well I didn't think so. You just ran off! Let's just go." Jonghyun declared before grabbing my arm.

"Yah. Let go." I commanded. Jonghyun loosen his grip but didn’t let go and pulled me along with him until we reached the classroom where he sat me down.

"What are you doing with Onew? Did you honestly ditch me for him?"

"Onew? I knew his name was On...something." I mumbled to myself.

"You got in a random guy's car. Someone whose name you don’t know."

"He drove us home last time so is not like I don’t know him. You make him sound like a . He's your friend so why are you worrying?"

"That's why I'm worried. I know him. He looks innocent but he's as much as a pig as I am. Maybe even more."

"Well he didn’t do anything. We just ran into each other and he offered me a ride."

The teacher came in and started lecture before I finished talking.

After the class finished, I headed to my next. I sat in my seat and waited for the teacher. After twenty minutes, we were told we had a free period since the teacher was giving birth. The teacher had to rush for the hospital. We were able to leave or stay in class. I didn't know what else to do so I walked to outside. I sighed and walked around. It's nice out…

"Noona!"

I knew one person that called me that. I turned and proved myself correct. It was Taemin. Taemin was with Minho. I smiled and waved to them. Taemin motioned me to come over and I figured why not. They had basketball in hands but they didn’t look like they were in PE. Apparently, they were in the class of the husband of my teacher, thus he also left for the hospital.

"So, you're the Na Na I've been hearing so much about. Minho." Minho introduced and reached out his hand. I shook it and also introduced myself.

We all sat on the grass and talked. It was weird. Girls always talk about how Minho is cold towards them, but that's definitely not it at all. It started getting cold and Taemin wanted to go inside.

We all bonded over a free period of just talking and banana milk. Minho seemed like the older brother of Taemin. Minho said he met Taemin when he was put in their basketball team in PE. They thought Taemin resembled a Barbie doll so they took bets on how many basket he isn’t able to make. Taemin just rolled his eyes the entire time. Taemin was better than they thought. Ever since then they became friends. What a weird way to be friends. Minho was about to tell me the names they had for Taemin but he threw the empty banana milk at Minho to stop him.

"Minho! Let's get back to class!" Taemin yelled and pulled Minho with him. I laughed and watched them walk away. Minho greeted me goodbye and Taemin waved goodbye.

Jonghyun, Key, Onew, Taemin and Minho. They all seem so different. It's weird they're all friends with each other.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

Key's POV

It's last period and I can’t wait to go home. I wonder if Na Na can go with me to that coffee place today. Psh, I'm the Almighty Key, she's coming with me either way because I have already set my mind to it. Speaking of Na Na, here she comes through the door. Because we sit all the way across the room, we don’t get to talk. I sit next to this guy named… I don’t remember. The teacher came in and declared seat change today. YES! I am done sitting next this guy.

The teachers had a bunch of number handed to us. You sit next to the person with the same number apparently. We were handed our numbers and I had 9. I looked across the room and asked (well mouthed) her what she had gotten. She gotten 3. Aw. I looked at the guy in front of me. He got a 3 too! I tapped his back.

"Yah. Let's switch." I asked.

"What's in it for me?" The guy said.

Wha. It's like he wants to die. Does he not know who I am? I'm annoyed.

"You know, I have a phone in my pocket. I can just make a call. The second you get out of school, I can make sure you'll be moving into a box." I told him and smiled. He probably realized who he was talking to and quickly switched.

I went across the room to find Na Na and we were told to sit in the back. 

This period we were given a lab so we were put to work. Na Na grabbed all the stuff and started measuring.

"So how's Victoria?" Na Na asked as she started to poor the ingredients. I sighed.

"Complicated. But I'm working on it. One second, she seems like she's interested but the next, she has no interests whatsoever. I feel like maybe she's into someone else."

"Sounds… complicated." Na Na said and I noticed a trace of sadness in here eyes. Did I say something?

"I told her about us though!"

"Aw. You really do like her then. You chose to tell the truth." Na Na smiled as she said that which kind of made me feel guilty.

"N-not exactly. I told her we broke up? We're deciding to stay friends though." I told her reassuringly as though we were breaking up. Na Na laughed and rolled her eyes. I swear, Na Na wouldn't be able to go on a day without doing that.

We finished the lab before anyone else so the teacher let us go early. The rules are really bent and ignore when you have money.

"Should I drive you home?" I asked.

"I should wait for Jonghyun. We have school stuff to do at my house."

"Well are you just going to wait for him for an hour and a half here? I'm sure he can get there okay." I said trying to convince her more. Na Na has become a great source for Jonghyun's irritation. She gave in and nodded.

Instead of going right to the house, I stopped in front of the coffee shop. I smiled at her. Na Na just rolled her eyes and followed me out the car. We walked in and Na Na ordered for me. We also got this weird cake. We sat down by in one of the table and started eating. The cake is good. Commoner food was quite yummy.

"So, I was suppose to go some place with my so called best friend but this rude person cancelled. Since you are my friend, how about sparing some of your time for your living friend?" I asked her.

"Sounds like I was a last resort. I would but I can't." Na Na said. I pouted.

"Why?" I asked. I gave her my aeygo. She rolled her eyes. Tsk tsk. Maybe it might have worked but she probably spent too much time with Taemin. 

"I have to be Jonghyun's date." Na Na said. I choked on my drink. The very person who cancelled on me. Also the confused person who doesn’t know he's crushing on Na Na. It took Jonghyun faster to realize his feelings than I thought he would.

"How-"

"It's sort of a deal. It's hard to explain. But trust me, is not as crazy as you think."

It sounds too complicated and definitely something Jonghyun would do to keep himself from admitting his feelings. I heard a cell phone ring. Of course, it was Jonghyun calling Na Na.

"I think I should go. Jonghyun just arrived at my house. He sounds angry and I do not want to spend an hour with him in his annoyed state." Na Na said after she hang up the phone. I nodded and got up. I drove her and stopped in front of the house. I chuckled at an idea I just had. I unbuckled my seatbelt.

"What are you doing?" Na Na asked when she saw.

"Can't I come in? I'm exhausted with all the driving I just did." I dramatically said to her. She just rolled her eyes knowing she won't be able to change my mind. I got out and opened the door for her. She looked at me weird. Na Na should get used to guys opening doors for her now, she is a girl. You should see the girls at our school, most of them refuse to walk into a room without someone opening the door for them. The second we walk into her house we heard Jonghyun's voice.

"Yah! Who are you to take away my precious study time?" Jonghyun yelled. Now it’s my turn to roll my eyes, yeah right. Study… 

"Araso. Than let's get right to it then." Na Na said.

"What is he doing here?" Jonghyun asked pointing to me.

"You can just ask me directly you know. Why are you so rude?" I asked.

"Because I need tutoring. And I know you. You're here to mess me up!"

"And why would I do that? I am certainly not that kind of person." I said sarcastically putting my hand on my chest.

Jonghyun glared at me. Go away. I looked back at him. Why don’t you? He glared again. I was here first.

"What are you guys doing?" Na Na asked looking back and forth at us.

"Key is about to leave." Jonghyun said as a matter-of-factly.

"Who said!" I yelled. We started glaring again.

"Maybe it is better if you’d leave Key. Jonghyun barely pays attention as it is." Na Na said to me.

"Yes Key. I do get distracted very easily so you should leave." Jonghyun agreed and sarcastically smiled.

"That isn't something to brag about loser!" I told Jonghyun and stuck my tongue out.

I puffed my cheeks. The almighty Key shouldn’t lose to a short t-rex. But fine, since Na Na asked.

"Araso. I was going to leave anyways." I replied and gave Jonghyun one last glare.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jonghyun's POV

Finally,  Key left. We went up to Na Na's room and started studying. Hehe. An 80 and I get a date with Na Na. I honestly find it easier to pay attention now that I actually want to. Wha… This is so weird. I actually get this history stuff if I tried! And trying is not that hard if I actually tried!

Na Na kept reading and asked me questions along the way to make sure I was paying attention. This is so boring though. Paying attention is as boring as not paying attention. Learning is not fun.

"Can we take a break?" I asked interrupting her reading.

"I guess, since you did do more than I expected." Na Na said.

"Can you feed me?" I asked her. Na Na rolls her eyes but nodded and agreed anyways. Yay.

I followed Na Na downstairs and sat on the one of the stools by her kitchen counter. Na Na took out this weird bag thing and put it in the stove.

"What is it?" I asked curiously at this blob of red.

"Ramen." Na Na replied as she the stove.

I wonder what that is? After a short while, she put a bowl in front of me. What is this? It's still in the pot.  She gave me a pair of chopsticks like I knew what I should do with it. Am I suppose to just eat out of this?  Na Na took her chopsticks and started eating? I thought it was mine! Is she just going to eat this in front of me?

"What are you doing? Eat." Na Na told me. Are we sharing it? Indirect kiss~I took my chopstick and began eating. This tastes so oily but good at the same time. Na Na has opened up a new world for me.

After a few minutes, we finished. I'm still hungry and Na Na was obviously  hungry too because she was staring at the empty pot disappointingly.

"I'm going to make more." Na Na declared and got up.

"Make a lot!" I told her and smiled. She smiled and nodded before starting to cook.

We ate all the ramen and there wasn't any food left so we went back to her room and study.

I was told to read alone for a bit. I wanted Na Na to read to me though...

I looked at my phone and saw that hours have already passed, it was already 8:00. Na Na's mom came back home and was probably already asleep.  I looked at Na Na who was in front of me, who was sleeping on the floor in front of me. I got up and put a blanket on her deciding it'd be too risky to carry her to the bed. I looked at her sleeping soundly. So cute. I chuckled. I'm also kind of tired.I think I should take a nap Yeah, I deserve a nap.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------