The Wrong Goodbyes

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

The week passed but me and Jonghyun still haven’t met for the project once. I texted him, but he had a date as he does every other day. My door bell rang and I opened to see Khun. I let him in then kissed him hello. My mom then came downstairs and smiled at Khun.

"I have to go to work but you guys behave!" She kissed me on the cheek and left.

"So what do you want to do?" I asked Khun and walked into my living room together.

"Should I cook something?" Khun asked me after putting his arms around me. Even though he only know how to make ramen, Khun asked like the loving boyfriend he was. I nodded and he grabbed my hand, walking me to the kitchen.

"I made a friend this week." I told Khun with a smile. He's always telling me to make some friends. Khun looked up from the stove, curious. I never bothered to make friends so it must have seem weird.

"Really? Who?"

"Taemin and Key."

"They're both guys!" Khun suddenly retorted.

"So…"

"Well I was kind of hoping you made some GIRL friends!"

"That's kind of a problem because they stay away from me like I have the plague."

"I just don’t like it when my beautiful girlfriend is spending so much time with other guys." He looked at me and pouted. I giggled at his jealousy and started eating the ramen he put in front of me.

                                                                                                                                        

Nichkhun's POV

I looked at Na Na and went back to my ramen. As much as I was jealous, I was glad she found some friends. I wanted her to hang out with someone who isn’t me, except I had girls in mind not two guys. And they're not ugly either.

My phone buzzed, bringing me out of my worries. II took it out and saw it was another one of Victoria's text. Are you busy? I have something to tell you! Really this time! I wonder what it wassince last time, she sent me a similar message but when I showed up, she didn’t tell me anything. She looked like she was about to say something important every minute or so last time but instead come up with something random.

"Na Na? Can I go and meet Victoria? She wants to tell me something." I told her before smiling, and then feeling a bit guilty for leaving her again. She nodded but looked a bit sad. I kissed her and left deciding to make it up to her next time.

I arrived at the park and I found Victoria standing by a tree, talking to herself. But before I could get close enough to hear what she's saying, she noticed me and smiled. She took a deep breath and looked at me.

"Khun-ah!" She looked really nervous and a bit embarrassed.  Why do I feel like I know what she's about to say?

"So what is it that you want to tell me?" I asked not wanting to beat around the bush.

"It's been a while since I feel like this. I like you! We aren’t seeing anyone so can we give it a try? Please?" Victoria blurted quickly. I stood there, kind of shocked at what she suddenly threw at me. I stayed quite for a while. How can she suddenly say that? I'm with Na Na!

Oh right. She doesn’t know. No one knows.

I looked at her and I knew I had to do the right thing and tell her about Na Na.

I took a deep breath and I was about to tell her about Na Na, but she grabbed my face and kissed me before I said anything. I don’t know why but it felt weird, it's like when I kiss Na Na but different. Could I like her too? I couldn't help but take notice of the familiar feeling withing me. I kissed her back for a second before realizing how wrong it was. I told her I would think about it so I wouldn't hurt her feelings. Victoria is quite the fragile girl.

I went home and I locked myself in my room till Sunday night. All I did was question myself. Why do I feel like this? Why am I so confused? I loved Na Na but I knew Victoria longer. Should I love the girl who I've been with and loved the past two years or the girl who I've know my entire life? It should be Na Na, I don’t think I love Victoria. Do I love Victoria? If I didn’t why did I kiss her back? I only kissed her to make sure, right? Why am I not sure? What if Na Na finds out about the kiss? She can’t know about this. What if she finds out and knows I tried to keep this from her? The same thoughts repeated themselves over and over.

The guilt was eating me up so I drove to Na Na's house. I had never lied to Na Na and I wasn't going to start now. I knocked on the door and she answered with her super cute smile. I really wished she would stop because is going to make this a million times harder than it needs to be.

"I-I need to tell you something." I stated without trying to express any emotions whatsoever. She looked at me with wide curious eyes after a slight and nervous chuckle.

"What is it?" She asked with her pretty eyes.

"Well, after I left and met with Victoria, she confessed. Then she kissed me." I told her and she became quiet.

"And?" Na Na tried to smile and bit her bits.

"Aren't you supposed to be mad?"

"It's fine. Let’s just forget about it. You told me and didn't lie. Also, who can blame her? She didn’t know about us. You’re a great guy and she has a crush-"

"I kissed her back a little-"

"But you pulled away, right?"

"Yes, but-"

"Then let's not make this bigger than it needs to be." Na Na declared as she tried to smile, but I could see right through her. She looked so hurt. For a second, I was going to agree with her but it doesn’t feel right- I know it isn't right. I need to think about this before making any decisions.

"What if I told you I only pulled away because I was with you?"

"What are you saying? So you wouldn't have if you weren't with me?"

"I don't know." I said in all honesty.

"I guess this is the part where you choose her over me?" Na Na bitterly chuckled.

"I don’t know." I replied, and avoiding all eye contact.I just can’t tell the difference between anything right now.

"Are you breaking up with me?" Na Na sighed and I noticed the one tear that fell down.

"I just don’t think is right for me to be with you when I'm so confused."

"You’re not answering the question." Na Na whispered. She looked so sad but I don’t want to hurt her more by staying with her only to realize I love Victoria more. I don't want to hurt her but I'm not sure if I wanted to let her go.

"I think is best for us to just take a little time off."

"Alright. But just don't think you can come back whenever." Na Na looked away and slammed the door in my face.