Key's Guide on Playing Cupid

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

I glanced at Na Na's pretty dress and pouted in guilt.

"Mianh, baby. I had a nice day planned out...and a dinner too but there were some issues." I apologized and Na Na looked up from her ice cream.

"Gwenchana. It's nice like this." Na  Na smiled brightly and held my hand.  I looked at our entwined hands and smiled too. I held her hand tighter and put her hands against my chest.

"Do you feel that? You always make me feel like this… so I feel bad for not having the special day for such a special girl that makes me feel like this."

"It doesn't always have to be an expensive date or over-the-top dinner for it to be special. As much as I do appreciate and love the way you come up with these romantic things…let me plan out the day today. I'll be the romantic!" Na Na eagerly suggested and got up. 

"Arraso, let's go to my car-"

"Ani. No car, it'll be all me today. You're not going to pay for anything or do anything except enjoy this day."

"But...it's white day, and the guy us suppose to be-"

"You always do what the charming prince is suppose to do, including paying for the girl and take her out on amazing dates. But I don't want to be the dumb-struck girl who'd just open in amazement all the time."

"Should I be the dumb struck girl then?"  I teased and Na Na nodded. This is why I love Na Na...she's never what I expect, making me love her even more.

Na Na tugged my hand and tried to pull me up, but failed since I was so much stonger. I laughed at her struggling and helped her by getting up myself. I put my arms tightly around her shoulders and Na Na put her arms around my waist.

"So where are we going?" I questioned Na Na and kissed her forehead.

"We will figure it out along the way." Na Na decided as we walked to this…

"What is this Na Na?" I asked her when she stood under this open shack with a chair.

"It's a bus stop, Jonghyun."

"Oh… is that the-the big car people share?"

"Yes, Jonghyun… that's-that's kind of what it is."

The bus came and Na Na led me to it. Na Na pulled out her wallet from her bag and scanned it to this machine thing. The bus was crowed and filled with couples everywhere. There was no seats and Na Na told me to hold on to the bar while we wait for a stop to get off. It was a bumpy ride… Na Na almost fell in the high heels I had put her in this morning and I held her tightly. Na Na seemed scared to fall again and put her head against my chest comfortably.

"I like the bus." I told Na Na and drew invisible circles on her waist.

"I'm sure you do." Na Na looked up and replied, rolling her eyes.

"Mmm." I then leaned in and kissed my adorable girlfriend "did I tell you that you look pretty in your dress?"

"Yes, now for the eighth time."

"Well, you look pretty in your dress. Ninth. I'm glad I can pick out what looks good on my baby." I rewarded myself and pecked my baby. The bus shook again and Na Na squealed quietly, putting her hands on my shoulders. I protectively hugged her waist and smiled when Na Na look up. Na Na blushed then hid her face in my chest. I lifted Na Na's chin with a chuckle and leaned in to kiss her pink cheeks. I could see Na Na blushing again, making it irresistible for me to kiss her again.

"Mmh! We should get off here!" Na Na interrupted just as I made my way to her lips.

"Where are we?" I asked when we got off the bus. Na Na just smiled without a reply and tugged on my hand. Na Na guided me to a store and said that we had a long day ahead of us. Na Na said she had to buy a pair of sneakers, not wanting to walk around in heels all day. I tsked and took those pair of ugly sneakers away. I took off my shoes and wore the ugly ones instead.

"Jong-"

"Yah, only your boyfriend is handsome enough to rock such a pair of ugly sneakers. You wear mine." I told her and gave her my high tops. Na Na just smiled and took my shoes.

"Gomowa."

"Let's get some socks too." I told her and grabbed the nearest socks I found.

"Ooo, G-dragon!" Na Na exclaimed.

"Bwoh?"

"G-dragon. You know…" Na Na then started singing a song I had never once heard of before. I chuckled and gave her a couple kisses, so cute. Na Na also bought two locks and a marker for some reason along with a small backpack to put the camera and her heels in. Na Na  paid despite how much I told her not to. I sighed in defeat and took the backpack from her so she won't have to carry it.

We walked around and admired the performance in the street. The pick cherry blossom fell down like rain. It was pretty, seeing Na Na smiling brightly next to me and pink cherry blossoms fall beside her hair. A little buy with a penguin balloon came running over and handed us a rose each before running away.

"What was that?" I asked suspiciously and looked at the rose… that was quite strange. That was...random. The boy just gave us the rose and ran away.

"I don't know… but that was nice." Na Na smiled.

                                                                                                    

Key's POV

I looked through the binoculars again and tsked. Why was Na Na wearing that pretty dress with those shoes?

"Why can't we go?" Onew complained again.

"We don't have anything better to do, let's just make this a good day for them. I feel bad for messing their date today. You should too!"

"I-just-the phone number-fine." Onew sighed in defeat.

"This isn't so bad, it's fun!"

"It's pathetic. We're staking a couple on White day… even Taemin has a date!"

"What happened to Jessica?"

"Jessica? I'm pretty sure her name was Tiffany."

"No, it's Jessica, Onew."

"Oh. I guess that's what happened."

"Idiot, now let's go. They're so cute." I sighed and took a picture of the two.

"Now we're just stalking them. What's with the camera?"

"They should have pictures of this. They're so cute-hey, look flowers!." I then went to the lady and bought two roses.

"What are you doing now?"

"I am going to give this to Jonghyun and Na Na-Yah.You, little boy." I stopped the running boy.

"What?" the boy rudely replied. I flinched at his rude tone.

"Yah, is this how you speak your elders?"

"Arraso, mianh ajasshi." the little boy sarcastically replied.

"Why you-"

"Key, he's a boy."

"Right. Can you give this to that Noona and Hyung over there?"

"For some cash, then yes." the boy smartly replied. I squinted at him… what kind of kid ask for money at such a young age.

"Y-"

"I'll buy you a balloon." Onew negotiated.

"Deal! I want that blue one! The pororo one. Go get it, curly haired old man!"

"Yah, go give them the flower first. Aish… rude."

"Ani. I want the balloon."

"That's not how it works, you get paid after you do the work."

"Well I'm not getting paid am I, curly haired old man?"

"Wah-"

"Fine, let's go get you that balloon." I interrupted Onew.

"Ice cream too!"

"Now you're just pushing it." I hissed at the boy.

"I can cry on command you know. I'll get my mom!"

"Fine, ice cream too." I sighed and glared at the smiling kid.

After buying the balloon and the ice cream, I handed the boy the rose and gave him instructions so it would be one of those romantic dramas. But then he just ran after he gave them the flower.

"I'll like to see what that kid grows to be… probably a con artist." I tsked.

"At least he gave them the flowers."

"Yeah, and then ran away! It went from romantic to creepy. He was suppose to say-aish… whatever. Kids these days.

                                                                                               

Na Na's POV

It was only noon after Jonghyun and I ate, went to the arcade and window shopped around (which Jonghyun found quite surprising when he found out you don't actually buy windows). I told Jonghyun we should go to the Namsan tower, where ever couple usually go at least once, and Jonghyun agreed eagerly. Jonghyun gripped my waist tightly as we stared outside the include elevator ride that leads to the namsan tower.

"You know, I own that building." Jonghyun bragged and pointed out to one of the big tower.

"Really?" I asked in disbelief, it was really big.

"Ani, I lied." Jonghyun laughed,  causing me to roll my eyes.

"Do you own any of the buildings we see?"

"We don't really do business here, more in the states. Wait-actually that building is ours now. Hyun Joong just got married to Han Eul…"

"What if you add another building because you marry-"

"There isn't going to be another building unless you come along with. I'm going to get married to you only! Just watch. Don't even try getting rid of me! I'll stalk you! It's White day-a day of love. Shame on you for talking of such things."

"Arraso. Mianh." I laughed at Jonghyun's strange temper.

"Kiss." Jonghyun stated like a child. I chuckled and kissed his cheeks, causing Jonghyun's large grin.

"I never knew gold hair was such a trend." I pointed to a very blond guy I spotted at the bottom of the hill, along with everyone else waiting for the elevator to come back.

"Yeah… I didn't either. I thought it was just Key who preferred to look like that. You know, even just from here, that guy kind of does look like Key. And the curly hair-" Jonghyun stopped when everyone started getting off.

"Let's go get tickets for the cable car." I told Jonghyun and led him to the ticket booth. We waited in line for the ticket and I swear that old lady was giving Jonghyun the stink eye just cause I was paying.

"Now, that old thinks I'm an ungrateful cheap boyfriend who can't even pay for his girlfriend on White day." Jonghyun sighed as we waited in line to get in the cable car.

"Stop, just let me pay for stuff today."

"But why? I have money and-"

"That's exactly why Jonghyun. You have money, but that doesn't mean you have to waste it on me."

"It's not wasting… I just want to take care of you." Jonghyun hugged me and sweetly admitted.

"Yah, I can take care of myself too. Now, come." I dragged Jonghyun up a few more steps.

Since it's White day, imagine the many couples that are wanting to go to Namsan tower. It was a long line to get to the cable car but Jonghyun made it worth while.

"This is the cable car from Boys Before Flowers." Jonghyun stated when I pulled him into the cable car.

"You seem more excited than me. You seem to watch that show a lot." I laughed.

"Well, Key likes this drama… Let's write our names too. It'll be romantic."

"Ani, it'll be vandalizing… we can't do that in real life. We'd get in trouble if other people saw." I lectured Jonghyun and rolled my eyes. After the ride was over, we arrived and the lobby and went outside, to the Namsan tower. Jonghyun and I explored the teddy bear museum and after, I led him to Namsan tower's locks of love.

"What are they?"

"They are locks of all the couples. You'd write on it and lock it, and supposedly you'd be forever in love together. Here-" I handed Jonghyun the lock I bought earlier.

"Is that so? Mmmh." Jonghyun talked to himself and took the lock and marker. I stared at my lock, not knowing what to write. I took the pen and began scribbling everything that came to mind when I hear the word Jonghyun.

"I'm done." Jonghyun declared with a smile.

"Me too."

"Read it."

"D-deh? Ani! You're not supposed to."

"Wae? Na Na! Look at everyone else!" Jonghyun pointed to the cuddly couples around with their locks, who does looked like they're sharing what they wrote.

"You first, then."

"Fine…" Jonghyun let out a cough before continuing. "...Do you know how embarrassing this is? I would have laughed at such an idea-writing about my feelings and riding the bus-but then I met you. You changed me with just the smile on your face and the way you roll your eyes. I found them annoying at first, but it was like a drug I can't help but get addicted too. Look what you've done… I don't think I can live a day without you now. Saranghae."

I smiled and blushed hard, never failing to woo me. I  was never a girl who was into the romantic things but Jonghyun is just so good at it… Jonghyun chuckled and kissed me on both cheeks and then my lips once more. I pulled away and took his lock, not believing he had fit all of that there, but he did. The blue lock had the sweet words he had spoken written on there. There was even the heart/question mark sign with our name on the bottom.

"Now, you." Jonghyun took the lock back and pointed to mine.

"Arraso. Jonghyun: somewhere  between a dinosaur and a wide eyed puppy, annoying, erted, childish, self-centered-"

"What is this? Are you just  listing negative things about me?" Jonghyun huffed and tried taking the lock from me.

"Let me finish!" I took the lock back so I could continue. "Self-centered, handsome, sweet, I could go on and on but there's too many words to describe Kim Jonghyun. As much as I hate to admit… the best thing that's ever happened to me. Even though I don't say it, saranghae."

I peeked at Jonghyun, and he looked like he was thinking. It wasn't until a while that he processed it and smiled at me brightly.

"Aigoo, I love you. I love you. I love you." Jonghyun hugged me tightly and kissed my forehead, cheeks and then lips. I pulled away and told him to find somewhere to put the lock on. We went up to the fence thing and looked for a spot to lock it. After locking it at a random spot, we began heading back. But it took a very long time to because random people kept stopping us every time. An old lady who needed directions. A little girl who was lost. A teenage girl who randomly cried in front of us. Random photographer who wanted to take pictures of us. Just weird… we were the only ones left when we reached the cable car.

The cable car left just as Jonghyun and I got there, even though we were the only couple left. Oh, the luck…  the cable car finally arrived but it didn't move for a really long time. I got out of the cable car and went for the door, and guess what? Locked. I shook it hard, hoping it'd open, but no. Jonghyun came over and gave it a few smack but no… I kicked in frustration… AISH! Only things like this happen in dramas! I didn't think it'd happen in real life too! What is this?

                                                                                               

Key's POV

"We made a mistake and messed up their dinner date… now we make it up to them by locking those two in a cable car? What kind  of grudge do you hold?" Onew tsked when I locked the door.

"Yah, this is romantic! Like in Boys Over Flowers! They can react the scene. It'd be cute!"

"Pabo… And do you know how much I had to pay that employee to leave?!? Aish, you know, you didn't pay for anything today!"

"I forgot my wallet…"

"Whatever, we're going to you're restaurant when we get home. I'm ordering as much as I want and I'm not paying either!"

"Arraso, arraso… Now how do we get home without the cable car…"

"KEY! Just open the doors and use the-"

"Ani, there's a train so we're okay. The trains there-I think." I pulled him and dragged Onew with me.

"Yah-"

"I'll call the restaurant and make sure to prepare all your favorites. It'd be there warm when we arrived so you don't have to wait."

"Arraso. Let's go." Onew took a 180 degrees turn in personality and led the way.

                                                                                   

Jonghyun's POV

"The car will pick us up soon and get us out of here… we'd have to wait a couple of hours though." I sighed and hung up the phone. Na Na nodded as I took a seat beside her in the cable car. Na Na's head fell on my shoulders and I put an arm around her, hoping it could warm her up.

"Mianh…" Na Na apologized, causing me to chuckle slightly.

"Yah, it's just a ride home."

"No, not that… My date was terrible." Na Na mumbled against my shoulder.

"It was fun, today. Really." I assured Na Na with a kiss.

"Even the bus ride."

"Even the bus ride."

I held Na Na's hand and kissed them, as another way of warming them up. I lifted Na Na's face up and kissed her.

"Mianh." Na Na apologized again.

"What now?"

"I realize you're always the one kissing me… or doing stuff like that. I hope you don't think I don't feel the same way about you."

"I'm sure you do, but I just happen to love my baby a lot more." I smiled at her, happy to know that she does feel the same way about me.

"I do love you a lot too. I just… I was never one to express my feelings the way you do." Na Na admitted and put her head on my shoulder once again.

"Why is that?" I asked Na Na and put my head on hers.

"I don't know. Maybe my dad? My mom was always strong, so I guess I thought I would be strong too if I didn't always express my feelings... I always had this barrier… but Khun broke it. I was so different when I was with him."

My heart ached. I suddenly felt insecure. Am I not enough to have you express your feelings the same way you did to him?

"But Khun took years to do that. You though… I didn't feel comfortable kissing Khun until our first anniversary. And you're always kissing me now, skinship weirdo." Na Na laughed, but not making me feel any better.

"But that's because Nichkhun changed you… breaking your barriers." I pouted.

"When we broke up though, it was back again-tougher than ever. It was terrible imagining life without him. I really did think I'd never love again. Now though… it's tougher to imagine a day without you. Without the wide eyed puppy dinosaur being annoying-"

"erted, childish, self-centered, handsome, and sweet." I quoted, earning a chuckle from Na Na.

"This is why I didn't want to read it! You're always going to hold it against me." Na Na cutely yelled, getting up.

"Mianh. I won't mention it again. Except the I love you part. You're cute when you get frustrated." I pulled Na Na back down, with a kiss to keep her from escaping. "I'm glad though. That you're telling me this. I some times can't help but feel that-that maybe Nichkhun is better for you. And you'd realize you love him more, and then leaving me."

"I sometimes think that too-"

"Na Na-" I whined.

"Let me finish. I do think that, but then I drift to the thoughts of you getting over me, then going to Krystal-or some other girl. I try to get use to the thoughts, so that it wouldn't hurt so much if we do break up. You being the way you are now to some other girl… forgeting all about me. I think of Khun being sweet to others girl, but I feel happy when I do-because-because that'll mean he found someone else who makes him happy. I do want that with him. But I don't want you to be happy with someone else. I try to tell myself I should, if it'll end up being the best for the both of us. I just don't know if I'd be okay if you do end up with someone else. "

"I won't. Only my Na Na. Always and forever. I will always hold on to you, but you do too. If you let go, that still doesn't mean you've gotten rid of me! I'll really stalk you! I don't believe in letting go the one I love. I'm a spoiled child and I'm selfish!"

"Arraso, Jonghyun." Na Na laughed and kissed me on the cheeks.

"I love you."

"Me too. I love you."

I chuckled in satisfaction and asked for another kiss. Na Na kissed me on the lips this time, and I held on to her preventing the kiss to end just a peck. We were kissing for quite some time until the door was opened, with my driver smiling to hide the embarrassment walking in on us. Na Na laughed nervously and I pulled Na Na up, so we could go home to sleep and end the wonderful day-starting another tomorrow.

"Wait-" I reached into the backpack and bend down.

"Jonghyun, no!" Na Na yelled when she saw me with the sharpie.

"No one's here!" I assured, and drew the question mark heart with our initals in the middle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for so much replies. Glad to see new shinee fans now or new shawols. Surprised to see so many Key-favorites. Surprised with the couple of Khun/Krystal too, but it might be intersting. I will do my best and make sure all that you've asked for to come true. The Nichkhun/Jonghyun ending will be a bit difficult though... I am torn myself also... Nichkhun and Jonghyun... That's why i make it seem like it's a posibility for both of them to end up with Na Na. Nichkhun doesn't show up a lot but he'd start to... i think... i haven't written anything yet so i can't promise. It was a late update... this was supposed to be out a while ago, but i kept deleting and rewriting. i have like 3 different white days scenarios. Oh well-they just go along the other deleted chapters section. This one is the best though if i had to pick. Enough rambling... I know you must be annoyed with the author's note, thinking it's a part of a chapter first but then reading it and realize it's actually junk. I get annoyed when that happens... Don't worry. Author's notes won't be a habit.

PS: Um, do give this story a go. Just try reading it even if it does seem cliche or boring at first because i think it has potential to go somewhere. Mine was probably cliche at first too and you all gave it a go! So do read it, subscribe if you do like it. Who knows? It could be a new favorite story. Comment and tell the author i sent youand how glad you did check it out if you really are!

Not Your Average Fairytale by dino-nerd525