A New Chapter of Us

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

"I heard from a little birdy that you and Jonghyun are together." I heard Key sang when we were putting our stuff in the car.

"I want to say that the bird is Jonghyun, but I can't help but feel like the bird is you."

"I wasn't spying if that's what you're referring to. I innocently heard a few words as I went to fetch some water."

"Just a few?"

"That-that is not important. What is important is that you are now offically under my wing."

"D-deh? What does that even mean?" I asked him but he head locked me and rubbed my head.

"It means that I am now your mentor and your my student!"

"Mentor? Student? For what?"

"Dating and stuff."

"This isn't the first time I dated." I told him still trying to get out of his grip.

"And how did that work out-wait. WHO?!?"

Shoot.

"Jonghyun!" I yelled hoping he'd come and rescue me. I saw Jonghyun coming through the door with bags. Jonghyun had a big smile but then frowned.

"Yah, I would like my girlfriend alive." Jonghyun told Key and harshly pushed him away. He failed though.

"Not until Na Na tells me about that boyfriend she had. Do you know about it?" Key asked giving Jonghyun a look.

"Gasp! I never heard of such a thing. What is this boyfriend you speak of? Na Na, let's go and settle this, should we?" I heard Jonghyun say while he continued to try and pull Key off me.

"Jonghyun, You talk weirdly when you’re lying the same way you yell when you're in denial."

"Whatever. Just let go of my baby."

"Not until you guys tell me of that boyfriend."

We eventually gave up and spent the car ride telling Key all about it. Onew, Minho and Taemin was listening too so I guess everyone knows now.

"But it doesn't matter because Na Na is mine now." Jonghyun claimed and gave me a big hug. I rolled my eyes but let him be.

"Well, noona told hyung about her ex-boyfriend so shouldn't hyung do that same and tell Na Na about his ex-girlfriends?" Taemin asked. I never thought of that. How many girlfriend has Jonghyun have. I pushed him away and gave him a look.

"I-I never really had a girlfriend." Jonghyun stuttered nervously.

"That sounds like the biggest understatement of the century." Minho said from the front.

"Shut it. They weren't girlfriends. They were simply flings that I went on one or two dates with." Jonghyun stated as a matter-of-factly.

"Well, there was that one." I heard Onew say.

"Who?" I asked Jonghyun.

"Someone unimportant." Jonghyun said.

"I still want to know."

"She's unimportant."

I pouted. Aish. Who could the girl be?

"Ugh. The name's Krystal." Key interjected.

"Key!" I heard Jonghyun exclaimed.

"What? She's gonna know."

"No, she won't. We'd never see Krystal again anyways."

"Why?" I questioned.

"Because she left for the states or something." Jonghyun confessed.

"She can come back." I told him.

I sighed since the same thing happened with Khun and Victoria.

"I'm over her completely and if she does, nothing will happen. I won't be another Khun. I promise." Jonghyun reassured but I was still a little angry? No… I don't know what the word is. 

"Baby, don't be jealous."

"I said not to call me that. And I am not jealous!... But is that why you guys broke up? Her leaving for the states?" I asked in a tone that didn't make me sound jealous.

"Yes, b-but it wouldn't have worked out anyways." Jonghyun tried to say reassuringly. Jonghyun smiled in a puppy dog way and put his head on my shoulder. I sighed. Jonghyun closed his eyes and pretended to sleep even though we all just woke up.

                                                                                                                    

Jonghyun's POV

For the remaining days of Christmas break, I've spent it with shinee but mostly Na Na. On new years eve, we all went to Na Na's house and spent it with her and her mother.

As for new years, Key threw a big party at his house.

I arrived to Key's house with Na Na in the passenger seat. Na Na didn't want to come but I managed to drag her here. I didn't want to go either but it's Key we're dealing with.

I smiled happily and walked in with Na Na in my arms. Everyone in the party was from school and kept staring. Sheesh, never seen a couple before? Na Na must have felt uncomfortable since she tried pulling away but I held on tighter. I want everyone to see my baby.

I must admit, Key did quite the job well done. Key's house was two stories high and he put a big new years drop ball in the middle with the count down time. There decorations gave it quite the new years feel. And since this is Key, every party needs to be bigger and better than everyone else's. Everyone comes to Key's-well not everyone, just people he deemed 'important' enough to invite.

"Jonghyun!" I heard a voice call out. I turned. It was a girl...named...named… I give up.

"Heyyy." I replied back.

"W-who is this?" the girl asked when she noticed my arms around Na Na. Na Na looked like she was trying to get away but I held on her tighter. I gave her a kiss on the forehead.

"She, is my girlfriend." I told her proudly.

"G-girlfriend? A-aren't you Key's girlfriend?" the girl asked with confusion with a mixed of what sounded like anger.

"Ani. They're just friends." I answered while Na Na gave the girl a smile.

"O-oh. Alright then. W-well. It-it's nice seeing you, Jonghyun. I guess-I should go." the girl said before turning. Well, she's gone now. I turned to Na Na and gave her a smile.

"I wanna go home, Jonghyun." Na Na whined.

"Let's just stay for a while, Key will get mad. We can leave after midnight."

"Promise?" Na Na asked childishly.

"Promise. Should we kiss on it?" I asked playfully. Na Na rolled her eyes. I'll take that as a no. I pouted.

We never kissed yet and we've gone out for a couple of weeks now. I sighed. I'm usually at a further stage after a few days.

We went and I went around with Na Na in my arms and socialized, introducing Na Na to everyone as my girlfriend. I was talking to these other guys when I realized that Na Na was gone.

AISH. She always does that. What's wrong with her?

                                                                                                      

Nichkhun's POV

Victoria dragged me to her friends party so here I am, wandering. Alone.  Victoria also dragged her friend along and they needed to powered their nose… or something. I wonder if Junho is here? He usually comes to these types of things. And Taecyeon.

I wanted to get some fresh air and so I walked out the balcony. Whose house was this anyways? I found the glass door that lead to the balcony and saw a girl leaning with her stomach against the balcony railing. Is the girl puking or something?

"A-are you okay?" I asked with concern. The girl turned and I saw the last person I expected.

Na Na.

"K-Khun. Y-yeah. I'm fine. I was looking at how high this place actually was." Na Na replied while she laughed a little.

"This place is pretty big." I commented while I took a stance next to her. I knew that I still liked Na Na, but standing next to her now made me realize that I still love her.

"So, are you here alone?" I asked hoping for a no yet knowing very well that it wasn't.

"Ah. I'm actually with Jonghyun."

"So where did the guy go?"

"Well, I needed some fresh air and Jonghyun was talking to some people. You?"

"I'm here with Victoria, but she went to the bathroom with her friend."

We stayed silent for a while and looked up to the night sky.

"We're friends now, right?" I heard Na Na suddenly say.

"Of course." I replied even though I didn't want to. I miss us. But the old us wouldn't be here right now. I was a jerk and I never took Na Na out, out like this, out like Jonghyun. I was an idiot.

"I think you should hear this from me and not from everyone else. As a friend, I think I should tell you that me and Jonghyun are together now. Hehe." Na Na said with guilt. You shouldn't feel bad Na Na, it's me who should.

"So I guess I was right? I'm always right though." I told her playfully hoping she will feel more comfortable. I heard Na Na laugh. I miss that laugh.

"I guess you were."

"Na Na?" I heard a voice called out.

"Wae?" I heard Na Na answer back.

"Yah, don’t always do this. I get worried." Jonghyun said and walked toward Na Na with a smile. His smile disappeared when he saw me. Rude. I'm not happy seeing you either.

"Nichkhun, right?" Jonghyun asked as if this way the first time he talked to me. Jonghyun reached his hand out.

"Yeah. And you're Jonghyun?" I asked deciding to play along. I reached for his hand and shook it.

"Yerp. Well. It's almost midnight and I would like to borrow my girlfriend. So, can I?" Jonghyun asked too kindly. I smiled and gestured my hands as I sign of go-right-ahead. Na Na smiled in apologetically and I waved back as in don't-worry-about-it. I sighed and decided to get a drink as a way to drown the jealousy.

                                                                                                            

Jonghyun's POV

It was 3 minutes before midnight and we walked somewhere close to where we can see the balldrop.

"Wahh, I wonder where Key got that big thing." I heard Na Na say as she looked at the new year ball. Na Na looked too cute staring up like that.

"Yah, you're not allowed to act cute right now." I told her.

"What are you talking about?"

"You left me for your ex-boyfriend." I stated with jealousy. Yes, jealousy. I was jealous. The great Kim Jonghyun, jealous. Look at what this girl has done to me already.

"I left you for fresh air. I ran into my ex-boyfriend and I friendly conversed with him as friends, we're friends." Na Na stated as a-matter-of-factly.

"That does not make me feel any better. You're supposed to tell me you were trying too get away from the jerk."

"Khun isn’t a jerk."

"Yah! After what he did?"

"I-he-it's-he apologized, kay? Khun isn’t a jerk, what happened between us-i-it's complicated. Now, it isn't. We're friends." Na Na stuttered. Does she honestly not know that the guy might probably try and get her back? I didn't want to argue with Na Na since she's already decided they're going to remain friends and just sighed.

"Don't tell me you're jealous. "I heard Na Na say.

"Don't tell me you think I'm not." I replied back with a little anger. I was angry since I was still jealous I guess. I just got Na Na.

I felt Na Na give me a hug. I laughed and held onto her.

"Don't be mad."

"I wasn't. Just jealous." I told her. I felt Na Na about to end the hug but I just held onto her waist and lifted her chin.

"This feel like that weird doorstep moment. Except, there's no door." Na Na giggled nervously.

"I don't know about doorstep moment, but this is definitely a kiss worthy moment. It is new years." I told her as I hear people beginning to count down.

5.

I smiled at Na Na.

4.

I expected Na Na to push me away and roll her eyes like she always does when I mention the word kiss.

3.

But she didn't.

2.

I leaned in and started bringing my lips closer hers.

1.

It wasn't a short peck like last time. This time, it was longer. It was warmer. Na Na tasted sweet. Na Na tasted like apples. Hehe. This is a new feeling, unlike all the other kisses. This feels right. I held Na Na tighter. I smiled with my lips still on hers and made the kiss deeper. May this be the best year for me-no, us.

                                                                      

Krystal's POV

I can spot the boy anywhere. I smiled when I found him. I was about to walk towards him to say hi but I saw him put his hands around this girl. I see you're still the same Casanova. I see them talking deeply and decided it was enough.

I started walking toward the boy when everyone was counting hoping to surprise him with a kiss when the ball drops. Also, the girl need to know her place.

I guess I was too late. They kissed. My mouth opened in disbelief. I know he's a playboy but he would never kissed a girl like that. I glared at the girl he had in his arms in jealousy.

My god. How can a guy who had a taste of me stoop so-so low? Especially-especially to something-something like that? It's insulting.

But I decided to stay back and watch them. I smirked and tried to forget the tightening feeling in my heart.

I'm gonna have fun with her. Things been dull lately.