Just One After Another

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

"And then I was thinking, we could spend our Christmas at the Caribbean." Haejin held my hand as she continued on with her plans. I nervously laughed and took a sip from my coffee.

"Don't you think we're getting a bit ahead of ourselves?" I laughed nervously and tried tugging my hand away a bit.

"I'm sorry. Am-am I… I'm doing it again, aren't I? I just always have this thing… and my past boyfriends-I'm sorry. I just really like you, Jonghyun." Haejin let go of my hand and scratched her cheeks in embarrassment.

"No, no. it's alright." I tried to make her feel better with a smile.

"Really? So, you're not going to get annoyed and break up with me?" Haejin joked, taking my hand again. I laughed nervously again, trying to tug my hand away, again.

"Well…"

"Jonghyun, stop joking." Haejin rolled her eyes and giggled.

"I just think...well. You're cute but I'm just-I just don't think I like you enough for this to go on." I smiled charmingly, hoping that would be able to lessen her soon to come anger.

"What did I do?" Haejin asked me with wide eyed, just like Na Na's. I wished she'd stop reminding me of Na Na, because she is making this a lot harder.

"It's not you, it's me."

"Bull-"

"There's someone else." I tried to be frank. It wasn't the best idea since everyone in the restaurant was staring. Now people were pointing at me, probably thinking I'm an .

"Who? Is it that assistant girl?" Haejin raised her voice, causing whispers amongst everyone else.

"Well-"

"It is, isn't it! Jonghyun, can't you see? If she's seducing-"

"She's not seducing me." I sighed, and glared at her, hoping she'd lower her voice.

"Then you're sleeping with her! You only like her because she looks like me, don't you! I knew something was going on when I saw how she-"

"She doesn't look like you. You just look like her."

"What? That makes no sense. And-and what about… you were going to propose!" Haejin stood up and pulled her hand away from mine.

"Bwoh?" I stared at her with my eyebrow raise. Where on earth did she get that idea?

"I was snooping through your stuff, and inside your wallet was-"

"That wasn't for you. YAH! How could you-"

"That's not the point. How could you? Who is the ring for then?" Haejin challenged . 

"Not you." I snapped back. I know I have no right to be the one angry but Haejin is starting to get to my nerves. Snooping? That's only okay when Key does it.

"Is it for that assistant then? I can't believe-"

"Look, I had that ring way before you. And I met Na Na way before you." I explained, hearing a few gasp from the background.

"My friends were right. You're as bad as your reputation. I thought you'd change. You were a man once, and now-now-" Haejin yelled at me. She was looking around the table for a while before taking the glass of water on the table. I scoffed when I felt the water thrown in my face. I was angry-really angry. Not because of the water, but the fact that she brought the past back up.

"Who are you to tell me something like that when you've only been in the tiny two months of my life? And yes, you are clingy!" I lost my temper for a split second. The guilt washed over me when I saw the tears pouring. I hated seeing girls cry. I especially hate it when I see Na Na cry, so it just makes it this much harder when she's covering her face. She looks like Na Na more than ever.

"I-I didn’t mean it. You're not clingy. I'm just-we can be friends right?" I tried to comfort her.

"Is that supposed to make me feel better?" Haejin looked up, sobbing.

"You can hit me, if that makes you feel any better." I joked, and Haejin cracked a small chuckle, but still sobbing.

"Stop being all charming and cute when you're breaking up with me." Haejin half sobbed and laughed.

"I'm sorry." I apologized again, feeling even more guilty when she laughed.

"It's not like I can do anything about it. But just know that I'll find someone better than you! Don't regret it." Haejin puffed her cheeks and strutted out, but then coming back to get her forgotten purse. Despite her clingy-ness, she's cute. But of course, not as cute as my Na Na. Speaking of Na Na…

"Wae?" Na Na answered as soon as I called once I got into my car.

"Is that how you greet your boss?"

"I'm just a bit busy right now." Na Na whispered, making me more curious then ever.

"What are you doing?"

"Just tell me what you need."

"I need you to tell me what you're doing." I furrowed my eyebrows, getting a bit annoyed that she won't tell me anything.

"I'm hanging up now-"

"You're with Nichkhun, are-YAH!" I yelled into the phone, but all I was replied with was an annoying beeping noise.

                                                                           

Na Na's POV

"Who was that?" Khun asked when he sat down with our plate of food.

"Jonghyun." I simply replied and began to dig in.

"Yah…" Khun whined as a child would.

"What is it?"

"Do I really have to say it?" Khun's face becoming a little angry.

"What? Jonghyun?" I asked when I noticed him staring at my phone.

"Are you two-"

"No, Khun. I've told you, I'm giving us another chance."

"That doesn't change anything between you and Jonghyun."

"There is nothing between us." I puffed my cheeks in annoyance, because I really just don't want to talk about this anymore.

"Then why are you still living with him?"

"I'm not living with him-"

"I'm living with Key too, yeah, yeah. You can't blame me if I still feel as though you still like him." Khun looked away from me and I sighed loudly. We never really get into fights so when we do, I have the slightest idea of what I'm supposed to say.

"I don't exactly have anywhere to go."

"I've asked you before, why won't you move in with me?" Khun asked in his  gentle voice while grabbing a hold of my hand.

"It's kind of weird though. Living with you even though we've just got back together."

"And living with your ex-boyfriend isn't?"

"But it's not like we're all alone. Key is there-"

"I'm not saying I don't trust you with him. I just really don't like the fact that you guys are living together."

"Fine, I'll move out then." I huffed in annoyance.

"I don't want you to do it like that."

"You're asking me to move out but when I say I do, you don't want me to do it anymore?"

"I want you to want to move out. I want you to actually want to move in with me. But obviously, Jonghyun is still more important to you."

"I never said that."

"You don't have to." Khun raised his voice slightly. Khun doesn't usually speak loudly at anyone so I knew he was getting really frustrated.

"I really am trying." I bit my lips and looked down.

"I know you are. I just wished you'd try a little harder." Khun sighed sadly. It seems like he's finally getting everything off his chest. At least I know how he really feels. I was a bit naïve thought to think he has no problem with Jonghyun and me.

                                                                                       

Nichkhun's POV

We ate in silence afterwards and it was the first time where things were so awkward between us. I wanted take back all that I've said but at the same time, I'm glad I said the things I've said. I took a small glance at Na Na and saw her deep in thought with little attention to the food on her plate. The fact that she's not eating showed me that she's not having the best of time, and that is definitely not how I planned this day to go. I looked past her head and saw the moon shinning over her head, reminding me just how awkward and long this date had gone.

"It's late. Why don't I take you home?" I suggested with a smile. Na Na looked up and smiled unconvincingly at me, getting up as I paid the bill. We walked to my car and Na Na walked slightly ahead of me with her head down. I definitely don't want this date to put some sort of barrier on us, so I walked up to her and put my arms around her waist. Na Na seemed a bit shocked at first but she just smiled warmly at me a little after.

The car ride was silent and I can't help but just feel it was my fault that I ruined the day. I'm just sick of having to always pretend as though I'm okay. I hate seeing her smile without me and I'd hate to see her laughing in some idiot's arms again. I hate having to always pretend like the good guy when all I want to do is punch that idiot guy in the face because I honestly think I can do a whole lot better than him.

"Khun, you're missing the turn." Na Na reminded me and snapped me out from my thoughts. I thought fast enough and was able to turn into the apartment complex. I parked and got out first so I could open the car door for Na Na. I told her I'd walk with her up the elevator and she just smiled and nodded. We arrived at the front of the apartment and just as Na Na was about to walk in and say goodnight, I spotted the idiot guy out from the corner of my eye . I'm sick of always being the nice guy, and for once I'm going to be selfish. I grabbed Na Na's wrist and pulled her into a tight hug.

"What is it?" Na Na asked with her head on my shoulder.

"I just missed you." I held her closer.

"I missed you too."

"Not in the same way as I have." I sighed.

"I don't know what to say." Na Na chuckled cutely and pulled away. Na Na said goodnight once more but I pulled her towards me again, but this time for a kiss. I pulled away after a bit and rubbed her cheeks slightly. Then planted another kiss on her forehead with a goodnight. I walked away towards idiot guy and pretended as though I didn't see him from behind the thin pole around the corner. I got into the elevator and the guy turned to give me a glare. I smirked and just looked away when the elevator door close.

                                                                                                              

Jonghyun's POV

This Nichkhun guy should receive an award for pissing me off so much in my lifetime. I glared at the guy and all he did was smirk! And I thought he was supposed to be this prince-like polite, goody-goody. And why is he infecting my Na Na's lips with his foreign germs anyway?

I stormed into the apartment angrily and found Na Na innocently pouring herself a glass of water. As much as I wanted to pretend like I didn't see what happened, that Thai's smug face got the best of me.

"YAH! What was that? So you were with him!" I yelled at her, causing Na Na to look up at me with wide eyes.

"Why are you so angry?"

"You really don’t' know?" I angrily yelled and huffed.

"Ani, I really don't know!" Na Na retorted and raised her voice too.

"You kissed him!"

"So what? What's so wrong with that? I am dating him!"

"So, that doesn't mean you could kiss him!"

"Does that even make any sense? Aish, whatever. I'm tired. I don't know why you're so angry anyways. Plus, it's just a kiss." Na Na rolled her eyes and walked to her room. I grabbed her wrist just as she walked past me, earning me a shrug and a glared from her.

"What now?"

"It's just a kiss, huh?"

                                                                                     

Key's POV

I smiled to myself after a nice day at the spa and a small shopping spree. I must say, Minho was surprisingly a good company. But all that soccer stuff must have stressed him out, so the spa must have done him good. I punched in the apartment password and was greeted with Na Na and Jonghyun kissing. Alright then… I closed the door quietly and ran away just so I wouldn't be in the middle of those two. I hear a few more shopping stores calling my name.