Go Where It Takes You

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

I looked to my right and frowned at Na Na's expression. She seemed nervous. I entwined or hands together, hoping it'd calm her nerves. I smiled when she looked at me and she tried smiling back.

The waiter came to take everyone's order and my father ordered first. And then my mother, grandmother, Hyun Joong, Han Eul, Krystal and then me. I went ahead and ordered for Na Na, knowing how nervous she must be.

"I hear you are quite the smart girl Na Na-shi." my father began.

"Ah, deh. Gomowa." Na Na laughed nervously.

"I was quite surprised when I heard of you, Na Na. I didn't think you were Jonghyun's type. You're-well… let's just leave it as that." Krystal said rudely and took a sip of her drink.

"Yeah,  I was surprised too. I was worried for Jonghyun before he met Na Na really, considering his previous choices in girls. I remember that one girl who left  for New York like an immature-Oh wait, here she is." Hyun Joong remarked sarcastically. I smirked and saw Krystal's glare at the corner of my eyes.

"Hyun Joong." mother sighed.

"No, no. Let them be. Why don't all of us just say what's on our minds?" grandmother suggested.

"I'll go first. I honestly don't know why Na Na's here." Krystal began.

"I don't know why you're here." Hyun Joong and I said at the same time.

"Why are the both of you ganging up on me like this?"

"I never liked you." Hyun Joong admitted.

"Hyung Joong, don't be so mean." Han Eul plead while Hyun Joong let out a sigh.

"Jonghyun. What about you? You used to love Krystal a lot. You always asked to visit the Jung's. You shouldn't let a mistake get in the way between you two."

"I hope  that the mistake you're referring to isn't Na Na."

"I won't lie to you and say that I like the...the two of you. I think that you could do better."

"I-"

"Grandmother, please stop. I know what you're trying to do. You said the exact same thing to Kyung Mi and now you're doing this to Jonghyun. When are you going to realize that all you're doing is making us more miserable than we already are?" Hyun Joong snapped and walked out of the restaurant. The table became silent as we pitied Han Eul, whose probably hurt right now… knowing the guy he's married to is still in love with another girl.

"Um-I'll go and catch up with Hyun Joong." Han Eul tried to laugh and greeted everyone with a bow before heading out.

"I don't know when Hyun Joong became like that." mother sighed.

"It's that Kyung Mi-"

"Grandmother! I'll be storming out too if you don't stop." I told her.

"When were you so rude to your elders?"

"Ever since you're being like this, especially in front of the girl I love."

"You don't love her." grandmother rolled her eyes.

"Yes, I do."
"Tell me that in 5 yeas when this girl will just be a mere and forgotten memory to you."

"That's not going to happen because I plan to spend the rest of my life with her."

"Don't be so dramatic." Krystal rolled her eyes.

"You're telling me?"

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"Well, coming from the girl who cried when a dog barked at her should be in no position to call other people dramatic."

"That dog almost bit me!"

"He didn't even have teeth. The dog was sniffing you. It was a puppy."

"You just think so because you always had this weird with dogs. He tried to kill me!"

"Don't be so dramatic." I mimicked. I remember that day… I wanted to buy a dog and I brought Krystal with me so we could pick one out together. And let's just say at the end of the day, I came home without a dog.

"You guys sound like a married couple." grandmother laughed along with mother. Ugh.

"If we were, I would have committed suicide long ago."

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"You suffocate me!"

"And this girl doesn't?"

"Na Na is nothing like you. And stop talking as if Na Na wasn't here! Three of you. Na Na is here and she has feelings too so stop." I yelled a little and turned to Na Na. Na Na looked at me and smiled.

"I apologize Na Na. Did I mention I like your dress? I didn't think the salvation army carried Valentino."

"This is why I get so annoyed with you! You're as shallow and annoying as it gets."

"I was making a comment, Jonghyun. My god… stop being so defensive about everything."

"So, Na Na. How did you meet my son?" father smiled kindly, changing the subject.

"Oh. Um, we met during a project actually." Na Na replied and smiled.

"Ahh… I'm sure Jonghyun wasn't  very nice when you guys first met." father laughed.

"Was that after or before you broke up with Nichkhun, Na Na?" Krystal asked and raised her eyebrows.

"Nichkhun? Nichkhun Horvejkul? So, this is the kind of girl you like, Jonghyun. Just like Kyung Mi-"

"Grandmother, Kyung Mi was a nice girl so I have no idea what you're trying to say."

"Well it just seems our boys tend to have history with low class commoners who don't know their place and try to-"

"I'm going to excuse myself now. I think I had enough. Na Na, let's go." I grabbed her hand and walked out of the restaurant. I walked us to my car and opened the passenger door for Na Na.

After I got into the driver's seat, I sighed and took a deep breath. I turned to Na Na and leaned in, giving her a long kiss, as a way to calm myself.

"Mianh." Na Na pulled away and apologized for some reason.

"Why are you apologizing?"

"I don't know… well, your mom and grandmother doesn't like me and-"

"Stop. They're just hard headed… and kind of annoying really. Let's go somewhere fun." I suggested and drove away.

                                                                                                                  

Onew's POV

I sighed and scratched my head in annoyance. Aish… stupid Jonghyun… Since Jonghyun needed Na Na off today from work, I was put to distract… well, it was a bargain really. Na Na needed the day off and it ended with me taking out that weird manager on a date. I found out that her name was… actually,  I was never good with names. And she was a year older but she kept calling me oppa. It was really weird.

"Oppa. Do you want some?" she asked and forced her spoon down my mouth anyways.

"Mmm. Thanks, but I don't really like chicken." I lied smoothly.

"Ahh, is that so? Here then, have some of my rice."

"No, I don't-I-I'm actually allergic."

"To rice?" she asked and laughed.

"Well, no. I mean-I-I'm actually-I mean yes. I'm allergic to rice. My face turns…red. And, and I get these weird rashes on my thighs too." I lied again. Yes… my thighs.

"Your thighs?"

"Yes, it happened when I was little. It was… it was bad."

"Ahh… Here, have some-"

"No! I'm going to just going to eat from my food."

"But oppa, isn't  that rice too?" she pointed to my bowl of rice. I gasp loudly and threw the rice on the floor.

"Omo, thank you! You-you saved my life!" I gasped dramactically. I hope she doesn't remember me eating a spoon of rice just a second ago.

"You're welcome oppa. Let's-"

"You know… the smell of rice is making me itchy. I'm going to go outsied and… and breath… you know, outside. Away from… away from the… rice-smell? I'll be back." I laughed and walked outside. I scrolled through my contacts and called Minho.

"How's your date?" Minho asked the second he picked up.

"Don't mock me! Help…"

"I think you should give the girl a chance."

"But she-she… Minho! Help."

"Look. Just act like you're usual dork self. And times that by ten. Add a little Key's high maintenance to it and you'll get rid of her in no time."

"But my dorky self is charming."

"I said times ten! Or you can be honest and have her death glare you everytime you work." Minho sighed and hung up.

                                                                                                                                

Na Na's POV

I waited for Jonghyun and looked around the soccer field-where we randomly ended up- and waited for the sandwich Jonghyun's suppose to be back with. I took off the heels and pushed myself back on the grass.

"Mmm." I hear Jonghyun coming beside me. I looked to my right and found Jonghyun's bright grin.

"Where's the sandwich?" I sat up and asked him. Jonghyun frowned and let out a loud tsk.

"Is this how you talk to your boy friend?" Jonghyun teased and the bag he had behind his back. I rolled my eyes and went to grab it myself. It wasn't the greatest idea… I had shorter arms than I thought. I ended up almost on top of Jonghyun and sat back up, of course I couldn't since Jonghyun put his arms around my neck.

"I didn't know you were such a bold girl." Jonghyun chuckled and kissed me. I rolled my eyes and took the bag he had beside him, hiding my slightly red face.

I began eating my sandwich and frowned at the thoughts of tonight. It was bad… I didn't expect it to go like this. I truly thought they'd like me. but it wasn't them that bothered me so much. It was what Jonghyun said.

"Jonghyun."

"Mmh?"

"Did you mean what you said?"

"What?"

"About me… about you. About us. About forever, and planning to spend it with me."

"Of course I meant it. I love you." Jonghyun smiled his puppy dog smile and kissed me. I tried to laugh and pushed him away.

"Is that really… realistic?"

"What are you trying to say?" Jonghyun looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Well… you just-I don't know. You sound as if we're going to get married."

"Aren't we getting married? I'll be proposing under a shooting star."

"That was us joking around Jonghyun. We're in high school."

"I know. We'll wait. We'll wait until I see a shooting star. Don't worry. It's not like we'd get married right after we graduate. But we'd still be together until we do, no?"

"Jonghyun… how are you so sure we will be together until then?"

"Na Na. Of course we are. What are you saying?"

"We're in high school. High school is like prison. Most of us just think of getting out but we never do think what it is we'd be doing when we do get out-"

"I'll be with you. Us-together. 'Always and forever'."

"That's the thing Jonghyun. Always and forever... it's so. I don't know but let's be honest. Forever?"

"Do you not like me anymore? I thought you-" Jonghyun tone changed to a more serious one and sat straight up.

"I love you. I do. But we're in high school and-"

"Why do you keep repeating that? Yes, we're in high school. I know that. But so what? That doesn't mean I don't love you. And you said you love me. What's the matter?"

"After high school. Things change-"

"I'm not going to. We're not going to."

"It's not that. I'm going to college Jonghyun-"

"I am too! We'll still be together, no?"

"I'm not talking about Seoul University-well, I did apply but I applied to other ones too."

"Like?"

"Like schools in the states. The United States. Acceptance letter are being mailed out this time around and-"

"I'll go with you."

"Applications were last year, Jonghyun."

"So?"

"You know that's not how it works. It's going to be much more complicated with just that. You said yourself you'd be beginning to take a job in your family's company while going to college. College here. In Korea." I sighed. Jonghyun knew the conversation won't be getting anywhere and just played with the grass. Jonghyun finally looked up and hugged me. My heart ached. I can't help but feel like it's goodbye.

"We'll get through it. All of it. And like you didn't even get the acceptance letter yet so let's just worry about it when it comes. I'm feeling like the girl in this relationship. I'm not talking about this anymore." Jonghyun said as stubborn as a child. Jonghyun suddenly kissed me before he ate from his sandwich.

I smiled and took my sandwich too. After high school… It seemed so far away. But now? We avoided that topic yet graduation is only months away. I forgot we were seniors. Why did I meet Jonghyun? Ugh… I'm tearing up just at the thought of it. I glanced at Jonghyun who also seemed deep in thought. My heart ached once again, scared he's thinking of breaking up. But a small part inside me wish he would… it'd be easier I think, to end it now. I don't have the heart to do it so I hope he does.

"Na Na."

"Mmm?" I coughed and looked at him.

"Let's go get some ice cream." Jonghyun smiled as if he forgot all about our previous conversation. I laughed and nodded, going along with Jonghyun-avoiding and forgetting the subject. Let's just pretend like high school isn't going to end. And that Jonghyun doesn't have such a complicated family. And maybe we will last forever. Always and forever. Like Jonghyun said, we'd worry about it when we have to. It might not be the smartest thing to do, but it's the easiest.

                                                                                                          

Onew's POV

I danced in the streets, I sang to a hobo, and I even bought one of those pink animal hats and wore it. She's laughing! She's not even embarrassed. Now here we are, on a bench. Just eating a donut. 

"I'm going to be completely honest and just say that I don't like you. Well, I find you creepy. And I find you really weird, actually. And I'm not allergic to rice. And I really like chicken." I admitted.

"I know-well, not about the chicken but I know you don't like me. I don't like you either. Well, I don't like-like you. I do like you. It's just-You remind me a lot of my brother. My older brother. Hence me calling you oppa even though you're younger…"

"Your brother?"

"Yep. You kind of look like him. but you are way more handsome. But you a lot-lot look like him. You just have smaller eyes and higher cheekbone. The way he smiles look a lot like yours. That's why I gave you a job, you know. I miss that smile I guess."

"Is… Is your brother...dead?"

"Ani… he's-well. He left and I never really talked to him. I was being overly weird today, wasn't I?"

"And the day you hired me…"

"Yeah. I guess it's me making it up for him. being the younger sister I never was. The caring one. You're my oppa now! Even though you are younger. Arraso? You'd lose your job if you say no so make the wiser decision."

"Arraso. I must say that you don't seem so creepy any more. Now, let oppa go buy you some chicken and rice."

I offered her my hand and she took it. If she told me that earlier, I wouldn't have been so scared of her.

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Or should it be kept only Khun/Na Na/Jonghyun?

I must say that it''s disapointing to lose more subscriber than gain everytime i update.