Christmas With You

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Na Na's POV

I would have to describe holiday with shinee as… loud. But fun. We've went snow boarding, skiing and other stuff. The most memorable was when Jonghyun came up with the idea of volleyball, in the snow, with the volleyball made of snow. Imagine how that went. Jonghyun managed to make quite the big snowball and he served… to Key.  It started with a death glare and eventually ended with some kind of snow war.

It was Christmas Eve and I'm lying on my stomach on the bed after the long day in the snow. I heard the bathroom door opened and saw a topless Jonghyun with only a towel around his waist. What does this thing think he's doing?

Jonghyun had more muscle than I thought… I blushed and looked away. Jonghyun's doing this on purpose to bug me. Yeah, he is, isn't he?

I grabbed the pillow and threw it at him.

"Do me a favor and put some clothes on… please!" I told him.

"Wae? Is it bothering you?" Jonghyun asked with a smirk.

"Just go. Go and put some clothes on."

"I don't want to."

"Just go!"

"Fine, fine. I was just going to get my shirt anyways." Jonghyun stated and grabbed his shirt very very slowly and put it on. Jonghyun grabbed his underwear and it looked like he was about to take off his towel to put on his-

"YAH! Do that in the bathroom!" I yelled when I realized he was going to change in front of me.

"Just don't look if it bothers you."

I groaned and stuffed my face in the pillow. I stayed for quite the time. I think Jonghyun's done but he's just not telling me but I don't want to take the risk of looking.

"I'm done." I heard Jonghyun say. I looked up from my pillow and saw Jonghyun's puppy dog eyes right in front of me. I got freaked out a little and moved back.

"You're brown eyes are pretty." Jonghyun complimented as he scooted closer bringing his face closer to mine brushing the hair out of my face. I rolled my eyes.

"How many times have you said that before?" I asked him. I'm sure I wasn’t the first girl he's said that to.

"Believe it or not, you're the first."

                                                                                                                              

Jonghyun's POV

 

I opened my eyes and stretched in the bed. I looked to my right and smiled. Na Na's so cute sleeping. I sat up and head to the bathroom to brush my teeth. After I finish, a sudden realization hit me. It's Christmas!!!

I ran out of the bathroom and jumped on the bed. I started shoving Na Na so she'd wake up.

"It's Christmas time! Get UP!" I said while shaking up and down. I heard a groan from Na Na before she kicked me off the bed.

A loud THUD noise was made when I fell to the ground.

Na Na is stronger than I thought. I groaned in exaggerated pain hoping that'll wake Na Na up.

Silence.

I groaned even louder.

Silence.

 I groaned louder and longer than before. I smirked when I saw Na Na sit up. I thought she was finally waking up but I was proved wrong when Na Na threw a pillow at me telling me to shut up.

"Oh it's Christmas time, it's Christmas time la la la la la la la." I heard Taemin's voice sang in the 'O Christmas Tree' tone.

"That's not the lyrics Taemin." I heard Minho's voice say. Sheesh, Minho is the king of party poopers.

"Give the kid some credit, he listened to the song only three times yesterday."

"Yes, Minho. Listen to Onew hyung."

After 2 seconds, the door barged open and Taemin jumped on the bed with Minho and Onew leaning against the door. Minho and Onew had the same you-look-pathetic face when they saw me on the floor.

"Noona, Noona, Noona! Wake up!"

I heard Na Na groan before sitting up. I see how it is Na Na, you only wake up for Taemin. I pouted and scold.

After Na Na brushed her hair and teeth, we headed down and was greeted by a very delicious smell. We saw Key putting food on the dining table as he looked at us and smiled.

"It's Christmas so let's eat before opening presents!" Key told us. We all smiled and sat down.

In the middle of eating, Minho and Taemin's phone rang. Then Onew's and lastly Key. It wasn't until a little that I got my phone call.

Blah Blah. It was just a usual Merry Christmas phone call from our parents in whatever country they're in. Everyone hung up after a minute probably because they're parents had to go. Onew and Minho had the longest phone call.

"Were you guys calling the same people…or something?" Na Na questioned since it was probably weird that we got the phone calls at the same time.

"It's Christmas and our parents called. They go to dinner parties the entire day so this is their only free time. They feel obligated to call their kids probably." Key explained to Na Na.

"You guys don't spend Christmas together with your parents?" Na Na asked.

"Well, we did. But all we did do is socialize at Christmas party so we just skip those and hang out with each other instead." Minho told Na Na. I remembered the dying hours at those parties. Christmas parties are the worst because those parties have the longest speech, not to mention girls tricking us to go under the mistletoe. It's not fun when they're too needy.

Speaking of mistletoes, I think Na Na will like my presents…

"Let's open presents now!" I exclaimed.

Taemin stood up and ran to the nice tree we had put up a while ago. Putting it up was quite fun. We all pranked Onew to think that the white things were edible shredded marshmallows. Ohh Onew… You never fail to remind me of your stupidity just when I think you're starting to mature. Speaking of Onew, he's running up trying to snatch the present from Taemin claiming it was his. They're going back and forth at it but the present was clearly Minho's since his name was on it. Minho rolled his eyes and kicked the both of them before taking back the present.

We all got our own presents and Key opened his first. Key is the easiest person to give presents to because he hints exactly what he wants. Key doesn't directly tell you but you know. Me: the white iPhone he's been pointing to every time he saw it. Taemin: the cell phone case he said he wanted 'if' he gets that  iPhone. Minho: a small backpack that he said he wanted that matched his phone case 'if he gets one' . Onew: a badge with 'Almighty Key' sewn on it that he said he wanted to pin on his new small backpack 'if he gets one'. Na Na: that SNSD cd he wants to listen to 'if' he gets a new phone.

Then it was Minho's turn, the athlete/manly man. Key: one of those jacket for running. Taemin: a pair of sneakers. Onew: a baseball bat. Me: soccer stuff. Minho is the most boring-est person to shop for because we all know he likes sport things the most. Na Na: a basket ball with an M, even Na Na knows.

Now's Onew's turn.  Key: one of those Italian handmade shoes. Minho: a stuffed chicken...imagine how Onew reacted. It was quite funny, I'll give you that party-pooper-Minho. Taemin: an iPod. Me: a new laptop that he liked a lot until he saw the personalized chicken sticker. Haha. It was kind of like pick-on-Onew day. Na Na: a nice headphone/earmuffs that'll go along with the iPod.

Taemin's turn, the kid who complains about the cold ever since he was born. Key: a hat. I personally think Taemin looks ridiculous but Taemin likes it. Minho: fur gloves. Onew: a big warm blanket that Taemin's probably gonna carry around everywhere now looking more like a big baby. Me: a nice warm jacket. Na Na: looped knitted scarf.

Finally, it's my turn. Key: cool shoes, the one I remembered saying I wanted a long time ago. Onew: a cell phone case with bling bling Jonghyun on the back. Aish. This kid wants to die. I tried to suffocate him but the stuffed chicken didn't do it. Minho: a guitar which I gave him a big hug in. He pushed me away but I smiled. I'll never make fun of his hair again. Taemin: a guitar case with my name on it. Yay, now it's Na Na. Na Na: cologne… I pouted.

"Yah. Do I smell or something?" I asked her when I opened it.

"Wh-what? No. I just didn't know what to get for you… I thought you'd like it…" Na Na said quietly. Key gave me a glare.

"No-no I love it. I just thought you gave it to me because you thought I smelled bad. I'll wear it everyday!"

Na Na smiled and I gave her a big hug and sprayed myself. I sprayed Na Na too. Na Na tried to block but failed. I've marked my territory. Hehe.

Now's Na Na's turn. Key: a backpack since Key said her other one was getting kind of worn out. Taemin: a pair of shoes...that's the wrong size. I sigh. This is probably the first time Taemin got a girl a gift other than his mom, explaining the unfitted bigger shoe. But Na Na made him feel better by saying she'll wear it when it does fit. Minho: a nice scarf. Onew: this weird looking cat sweater. This is probably his first time shopping for a girl too yet Na Na weirdly likes it. My turn. Hehe. Na Na opened my present and saw a mistletoe.

Key gave me a why-is-that-there-look but I just gave him a don't-worry-about-it-look. Na Na rolled her eyes and threw the mistletoe.

"Wae? You don't want a kiss for Christmas?" I asked her jokingly.  

"I'd rather not." Na Na replied.

                                                                                                                     

Na Na's POV

We gave presents, laughed and then ate dinner. Now's bedtime. After I showered, I jumped onto the bed. I can't believe the dinosaur gave me a mistletoe for Christmas. I should have expected from a playboy like him. Speaking of the player, I wonder where Jonghyun is? I saw Jonghyun walk in after a while.

"So. Your Christmas present." Jonghyun mentioned as he walked in with a box. Is it another mistletoe?

"I don't want a kiss." I told him.

"Is not that, but we can talk about that later." Jonghyun said as he sat on the bed and handed me the box.

I looked at him suspiciously. I opened it and saw this very sparkly diamond necklace. It was our phone charm made into a necklace.

"It-it's beautiful." I told him. It looked expensive but it wasn't flashy. It was sophisticated and cute. I looked at Jonghyun and saw a big smile on his face. Jonghyun pulled me up so I was sitting. He turned me around and put the necklace on for me.

"It's one of a kind, the only one in the world and can't be found anywhere else. Just like you." Jonghyun told me when I turned around. I smiled.

I realized. Jonghyun is sweet.

Jonghyun would have been what I said a waste of space, but as I got to know him- Jonghyun's just lost. Jonghyun didn’t have a childhood so he acts like a child. Jonghyun doesn't have much people in his life so he plays with girls. Jonghyun's cold sometimes because he doesn't want people to leave.

In school, I see this rich boy with too much money and too much time who has no consideration for the other . But knowing him, Jonghyun's this idiot. Jonghyun is immature, annoying but down to earth. Jonghyun is this completely different person with his friends- and now me.

I remember what Khun said a while back about how I liked him. Could Khun be right?

"You know I saw Khun a couple of days ago… And-and he said something that made me think. A lot…"

I looked down since I was a little scared. My heart was pounding and I feel my face redden.

"I think-I think I like-like you? Not like the way I like a friend or a brother. I know I feel something for you. I can't tell if you're someone that's testing my love for Khun or someone I actually like. Khun used to me the only thing I think about, especially when we broke up. But the more time I spend with you, the less I thought of Khun. The more I thought of you; the more I smile when I do. I would have never thought that I would like someone like you-and I still don't... But I think I do. I think I like you, a lot. I'm not 100 percent sure b-but I just don't want to not say anything, and be those girls that hides in the…bushes… stalking their crush. I feel like if I keep denying this, then I'm lying to myself, and I don't want to feel like I'm lying to myself. And I don't want to feel like I'm lying to you."

I kept my eyes down to scared to look up and see the reaction on Jonghyun's face. It felt like forever until I felt a hand tilt my face up to Jonghyun's face. I couldn't read what his exact expression was but he began to open his mouth and I felt my heart pounding even faster.

"I couldn't process all of it since you kind of ramble, and it was hard for me to pay attention after you said the word Khun. You know, every time you say that word, I get this weird feeling I don’t like. "

Jonghyun chuckled bitterly. I just continued to look at Jonghyun, not knowing exactly what I should say and where this could be going. Jonghyun continued while me grabbed a hold of my hand before looking down at it.

"You said that you think you like me. You said 'think' a lot, but me-I know I like you. I realized that the second I fully processed what you said and feeling that this is what I've been wishing you'd say to me all along."

Jonghyun smiled and paused a little before he continued.

"The first time I saw you, you looked plain. You didn't look like a girl I wouldn't spend more than 30 seconds on but the more I knew you… the more beautiful you've become. I thought it was because you got a new hair cut and I'm seeing you more, seeing what I forgot to look at. Now, I realized that you looked exactly the same as the first time I met you. I've been thinking that I starting like you because you're growing and becoming more and more beautiful. But I realized now that you're becoming more and more beautiful because I'm growing to like you more and more."

I laughed a little and smiled knowing I wasn't rejected, not to mention the fluttering feeling in me. Jonghyun smiled too.

"Sooo… what does that make us?"

"That makes you my baby."

"Anything but that." I told him as I rolled my eyes. Jonghyun chuckled and pull me into a hug.

"Ahhhh. I knew my baby won't be able to resist Kim Jonghyun for too long."

"I'm starting to regret what I said already."

"No, you're not. I'm Kim Jonghyun and you love me."

"I said like."

"Same, same."

I laughed a little and stayed in his arms. This feels warm. This feels right. This feels fluttery.

"Is my baby blushing?" I heard Jonghyun say as he tilted my head from his chest.

"Stop, please." I told him as I buried my probably flustered face.

"Aigoo. I knew my baby would blush for me one day."

"UGH! STOP!" I yelled embarrassed. I pulled away and buried my face in a pillow. I heard a chuckle then an arm pulling me up.

"So, how about that kiss?" Jonghyun asked me with this weird tone.

"So, how about sleeping?" I tried changing the subject.

"Fine." Jonghyun said sweetly. Aw, the playboy isn't pressuring me. I smiled and crawled into the covers.

"Wait." I heard Jonghyun say.

"Bwoh?" I asked turning to him again. Jonghyun grabbed my face and placed his lips on mine. It was a quick peck but sweet. Unexpected from the player.

Jonghyun smiled and crawled into the cover too before shutting the lights and hugging me tightly. I adjusted my head in his chest before shutting my eyes, and ending this happy day.

                                                                                                                   

Not too long/boring?

Thanks for those who help the story update by commenting. >.<

SORRY! Still getting use to the new computer. i usually press tab and when you press enter, it checks the hide chapter box i guess......well, i did something----sorry.....i did update though. when something like this happens usually mean that i did update but i either edited or messed up. Sorry~~~hopes the chapter makes up for my stupidity