Just When It All Seems Okay

The Thin Line Between You and Him

Jonghyun's POV

I groaned in annoyance, again. Key wanted to see Na Na claiming they haven't talked since 'forever'. What a lie. You guys see each other at school. Taemin of course came along dragging Minho with. And Onew-he's just here. So, here we are, sitting in Key's living room watching a stupid movie. I groaned another time-but this time, in boredom- and tighten my grasp of Na Na. Na Na seemed too interested in the movie. I pouted. Then an idea popped into mind. I smirked.

I leaned my head into the crook of Na Na's neck and started to kiss it.

"Y-yah." Na Na stuttered when she realized what I was doing. I just smirked and continued. Na Na smacked me and I was pushed away. Ahhhh. I groaned in pain but Na Na didn't seem at all guilty and shifted her attention back to the movie.

The door bell suddenly rang and Key jumped up. Key looked around the living room frantically and threw some of his fashion magazines inside the couch. Key ruffled his hair a little before answering the door. Is another person coming? Oh. It was just the pizza guy. Then a thought popped into my mind. I opened my mouth a little in surprise.

D-does Key have a crush on the pizza guy?!? I stared in disbelief as Key take the three boxes of pizza and drinks…  Key had this weird nervous smile on his face. Whew! I decided to let it go when I saw his disappointed face upon return.

After a long while of boring, I leaned into Na Na again and began kissing her neck. Na Na shuffled and move all the way to the end of the couch. I chuckled. I scooted towards her and trapped her between my arms. I smiled and leaned in. Just before I reached Na Na's lips I heard the bell ring again. I ignored it but just as I kissed Na Na, I felt something thrown at me. I looked up a little and saw Key's sass face.

"There are people in the room. Let's not ." Key sassed before answering the door.

I frowned but pecked Na Na quickly before getting up. Taemin's staring weirdly now, so fine. I puffed my cheeks in disappointment. I then start to hear Key talking with other people so I looked up. It was two girls, one of them-one....looks way too familiar.

"I brought my friend along if you don't mind. She said she really wanted to meet you." I heard an unfamiliar voice say.

"Yeah. It's fine." I then hear Key reply. Weird,  Key sounds annoyed. I got curious and looked. My brain just burst in anger when I recognized one of the girl. I always knew one day Key will be the death of me. I closed my eyes in anger and annoyance. Key just basically told me to kill me.

The two girls walked into the living room  and waved. Onew, Minho and Taemin all waved until they saw the trash dragged along with it. I didn't even want to waste my time by looking at it so I turned away- and shifted myself towards Na Na, my Na Na.

"Maybe-maybe, this wasn't  such a good idea. They're your friends and-" I heard the girl say when she walked in and saw us. Na Na smiled though. Bad Na Na! Don't be so nice! This is not the time Na Na!

"No, no. I can assure you that you are not the problem." Key sighed.

"Then what is?" the girl asked. Key let out a nervous laugh.

"There's just an unwanted bug in the room. I'll go and open a window. Just maybe the bug will get the message and go away." Key announced before disappearing for a second. Key also shot a short glare at said bug.

"I think your right." that said bug rudely commented looking at my direction-no, wait-Na Na's direction.  I glared at her telling her to back off but she just gave me that innocent look I knew too well.

Key coughed and smiled before introducing us. Victoria. That's the girl Key likes. Also the girl that caused the break up between Na Na and Nichkhun. I smiled at her knowing that there's kind of a favor owned there. I'll be nice-even with the bug next to Victoria.

After the introduction and hellos, the rest of shinee realized that Victoria was the girl Key liked. We do not get a lot of those. They all had pretty convincing smiles on their face despite her. Her was giving me weird looks while biting her lips. I scoffed at the sight of her pathetic-ness. Key said he'd get drinks before his 'gathering' starts and I went with.

I walked into the kitchen and saw Key. Key was leaning down getting something from his fridge. The fridge was pretty big--probably big enough to hid Key's body. They will probably be room for Krystal also! I snuck behind Key and gave him a good kick. Key looked back with his death glare but I was too angry to be intimidated.

"I didn't invite her, you ignorant ." Key said as he went back down to get drinks.

"You think I don't know that? But that’s what a door's for, Key! To keep out unwanted guest!"

"Hush! Anyways...Look, you'd have to deal with her sooner or later. Think of this as…a chance for closure or something. Yeah. That'll be good. Since, you know-you're still not over her."

"Closure? With my girlfriend in the room? Even if Na Na wasn't here, I wouldn't do it anyways! And I don't need anything! I'm completely over her."

"Okay Jonghyun. If I were to go to you're apartment, would I still find that ugly tie you've always been so overprotective and keen on?"

"No because it doesn't exsist anymore. All the evil is already burned away."

"And when did you do that? Yesterday?"

"Uh-no. Like a few days before!"

"She came back a few days before yesterday, Jonghyun. You were so affected by her presence that you left. If you were really over her, you would have listened to me and gotten rid of the ugly thing sooner. You just wanted yourself to believe that you're over her, but let's face it. You're still angry with her, this only shows the bits of feelings you've never gotten rid of. And let's face it, I really don't think you want to."

"D-DEH?!? I have Na Na! My girlfriend, whom I cherish very much!" I quickly retorted with a scoff.

"This has nothing to do with Na Na-okay, maybe a little. But Na Na's not gonna matter for much longer if you don't do something about those bits. You're gonna crack. You always do. Krystal has always been your soft spot if I have remember correctly."

"No, Key. I don't think you have!"

                                                                                                            

Na Na's POV

Victoria excused herself when she got a call. Well, it's only me, Krystal and….well that's it. Onew went to the bathroom and Taemin went with. Well, at least Minho came back from wherever. Minho smiled kindly and reassuringly. I have never realize what a good friend Minho is.

"I like your necklace, Na Na." Krystal commented. I blinked in confusion… I-Is she nice? She wasn’t a couple of days ago when I bumped into her.

"T-thanks." I replied.

"You're welcome. You know, I almost though it wasn't a knockoff. Not something I think they'd sell in the streets. But then again, the design looks kind of cheap."

"Krystal-" Minho started,

"I can assure you it wasn't a knockoff Krystal, I bought it." Jonghyun interrupted.

"I guess that explains the cheap design. Don't want to spend too much on such a thing." Krystal ruled. I'm guessing the thing was me, wasn't it? I wanted to say something, but, I just can't.

"You know, I can't help but feel that you're just angry. I don't recall Jonghyun ever getting you something made." Minho then retorted. Krystal looked mad for a split second but smirked again.

"I'd pick my Buccellati's earrings over that any day. By the way Jonghyun, should I give that back? It was quite expensive. I don't think I'm at liberty to keep such a thing-oh my. I am so sorry, Na Na. You may have not been told but-"

"She knows Krystal. She is my girlfriend." Jonghyun snapped before putting his arms around me. I don't recall ever feeling such relief to have Jonghyun's arms around me. I weirdly feel warmer and safer. Jonghyun leaned in and gave me a quick peck to lessen my...emotions. I didn't even know how I'm feeling at the moment.

"Is that so? Glad to see...such a relationship working out." Krystal commented with a scary and fake smile. Krystal is just full of sarcasm, isn't she?

"Sorry for that. My mother. So what were you guys talking about?" Victoria came in and asked.

"Oh nothing. I was simply admiring the lovely relationship between Jonghyun and Na Na. They're cute, aren't they?" Krystal replied without taking  her eyes off me. Krystal's smile and stare scares me.

"Yeah, I heard. The infamous Jonghyun got a nice girlfriend. You've broke quite the amount of hearts when that was announced." Victoria said with a laugh.

"I'm sure he did." Krystal babbled, but now with a bitter tone.

"What can I say?" Jonghyun rhetorically asked and smirked.

"Na Na, you haven't talked much. So, from Nichkhun to Jonghyun, huh?"

"D-deh?" Victoria stuttered with confusion. I was about to open my mouth to say something but Krystal just held up her hand.

"No need to elucidate, I know everything. So, like I've asked. Nichkhun to Jonghyun. How'd you manage that?" Krystal began.

"Krystal!" Jonghyun called out with a sort of angry tone.

"I'm guessing by your tone that you're acknowledged of this. I'm surprised your okay with it-you know what? I apologize. I was being rude, wasn't I? Sorry, I just get so...so gossip-y when I'm moody."

"W-wait. From Nichkhun to Jonghyun? What does that mean?" Victoria asked in confusion totally out of the loop. No one answered and kept staring at the rude girl.

"You know what? I think it's best  for us to leave now. I don't feel welcome here. I was planning of a mere sojourn here anyways. Not to mention, this place reeks of trans fat and cheese. Let's go Victoria, you can visit that friend of yours another time."

                                                                                                              

Krystal's POV

I smirked as we walked out, well I kind of have to drag Victoria who is still in her dazed out state. But, this visit was a total success. Some may say not since Jonghyun and Na Na seem to just know everything about each other. But, they were not what I was aiming at. Victoria and I walked into the backseat of my car and put the seatbelt on, she didn't start talking until the driver took off.

"What was that?" Victoria questioned angrily with a glare.

"What do you possibly mean?" I innocently asked.

"I honestly don't know. I never know unless you tell me. You're up to something aren't you?"

"I don't know what you're talking about. Actually, I think I do. As I've said, I get gossip-y when I'm moody."

"And why exactly are you moody?"

"Like I've also said. That place reeks of trans fat and cheese. Some friends you have... I prefer the other one, Nichkhun was it?"

"Speaking of Nichkhun, you weren't gossiping back there. You were spreading lies for some reason trying to-trying to-"

"Trying to what, Victoria? My, my. It's nice to know my best friend thinks of me as a liar."

"Best friend? You? What kind of best friend does this? Key is a good friend and you're ruining my relationship with him-"

"Do you hear yourself? You almost make it sound like you like the guy when your obviously in love with that Nichkhun guy. You're giving him false hope!"

"Key's just a friend."

"How blind can you be? The guy obviously likes you. You're always like this, you know! You act like you’re the nicest person on earth to try to distract the fact that your actually not! But, I'm your best friend because I accept that about you, the other you! The real you."

"I'm not hiding anything! I'm here because I'm trying to change back into the person I was before New York. This is the real me. Not the girl in New York."

"I miss the girl in New York! I liked her more! She was fun. And she always got the guy."

"What does that suppose to mean?"

"It means that I wasn't lying about Nichkhun and Na Na. They did date. You just never knew about it."

"That's such a lie, Krystal. I would have known be-"

"Obviously not."

"Fine, let's just say your right. Where did you hear of this?"

"Again. Like I've said, I'm the kind of person that know things. Wasn't I always? I hate to be surprised so I do my research before dealing with something."

"Dealing with what?"

"My friend of course! I want to know if the guy you've been blabbing about every phone call is the guy you think he is!" I smoothly lied. Victoria seemed deeply in thought. Which can only means that she believes me. I sighed. She looked sad now. Call  me heartless but I do care for my friends-well, as long as 'caring' doesn't get in my way.

"There's good news and bad news. Bad news: they were dating when you came back and you did not know. Good news: I happen to know that you were the cause of their break up." I tried to reassure Victoria.

"Why is that good news?  I ruined someone's relationship! T-that's probably why Khun's been sad after out kiss because they broke up! Maybe Na Na saw and thought that I-"

"My god, Victoria! You're looking at this the wrong way! The girl is a total y gold digger! There was a reason why their relationship was kept secret! She was with Jonghyun and Nichkhun. Think about it, you saved Khun from a total conniving . And since Khun broke up with Na Na, she had nothing to lose, thus her 'public' relationship with Jonghyun. You need to make sure that Nichkhun doesn't go crawling back to that Na Na girl!"

"...And how do I do that?"

"Well, we can teach that girl a lesson."

"W-wait-why-why do you seem so keen on this?"

"You're my best friend, Victoria. Do you not remember me? I'm all game for this kind of stuff. Plus, you should have seen the girl when you went to get that phone call.  She's probably never seen a Birkin, yet dared to criticize mine. She's probably just intimidated of the beautiful purse though, right?"

Victoria let out a little laugh before nodding.

Well, that took longer than I thought. But all's good now, Victoria and I are now on the same side so part one is completed. I smiled. When did I get so good at this?

                                                                                          

I wanted to do a Valentines Day thing but i realized that it's already passed....so it'd be a few more chapters-since i write ahead-before you get to read that. My timing was a little off.